Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 565137 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #4784: Jun 26, 2022 12:26:22 pm
      I am worried if Salah stays without a new contract what is the point for him he could well be on a period of notice tour once that switch goes of in your head that you dont want to be in your place of work even the most professional of kid themselves that they are still fully committed .
      In the last 4 years Mo has been in 3 CL finals challenged for the league 3 times and been to Wembley several times so if that isnt enough then it must boil down to that old nutmeg MONEY. Sign or go with our best wishes

With you all the way on that looks like his heads all about money now
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4785: Jun 26, 2022 12:41:19 pm
      I am worried if Salah stays without a new contract what is the point for him he could well be on a period of notice tour once that switch goes of in your head that you dont want to be in your place of work even the most professional of kid themselves that they are still fully committed .
      In the last 4 years Mo has been in 3 CL finals challenged for the league 3 times and been to Wembley several times so if that isnt enough then it must boil down to that old nutmeg MONEY. Sign or go with our best wishes

Agree with all bar the last 4 words.

A few rumours going around. Nothing from anyone reliable. I'm expecting movement when he comes back for preseason.

He needs to be sold now. He's thinks he's bigger than the club and the other players. Let him go and get his oil money/blood stained Saudi money. Just get him out ASAP. I'd take 50m. But if the club has no plan for re0lacing him this summer or the player Jürgen wants isn't available this complicates it.

Can't help but feel the club should have got this situation by the balls last December when he turned his nose up at over 250k per week plus bonuses according to the athletic. Feels like we've just sat on our hands and now we are caught in a twixt n between scenario.

I'd like to think if we can get 50m for him plus the minamino money there is someone out there on our radar that Jürgen wants to work with. But we need to get in early as no club wants to lose its players in August.

Get it sorted. Nobody is bigger than the club. Let him run to his riches. He's greedy plain and simple and i find it sickening in any climate let alone the current climate. He isn't going to sign.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #4786: Jun 26, 2022 12:48:51 pm
      Just think he needs to go unless willing to sign. This could get messy if he stays and performance levels drop for example ( last 2 months of season gone) people will turn on him . At least we got some money back from Sadio but if we don't for Mo and leaves for nothing just don't get that
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #4787: Jun 26, 2022 01:03:13 pm
      Quote from Don77
      I'd rather sell him now ... get 35/40m for him and find another Diaz type player.

Because next Summer you will be trying to replace one of tye best on the planet ... with no money received for him.

he'd be gone this summer if it were up to me. The club should take back control of the situation and call his bluff.

He should just announce he's going on a free and then we can all get on with the football. Didn't keegan announce before the start of his last season that he was going ... worked out OK.

And the season after he left, we lost the title to Forest. Having already lost the League Cup Final against them beforehand, and a few months later, the European Cup title as well.

About the contract running down, isn't that what Mbappe was supposed to do? He let the contract run and run until it almost expired before he resigned again.

We have 12 months to get this done, and we might need that long. We have already lost 3 strikers this summer, if Salah and Firmino join them that's 5 out the door, and then you will be one of the first on the forum after Christmas, if we're staring down the barrel of another 14 point long shot, to cry about not having the squad to cope. Again. So absolutely everything has to be done to get this contract over the line, regardless how long it takes.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #4788: Jun 26, 2022 01:04:43 pm
      Just think he needs to go unless willing to sign. This could get messy if he stays and performance levels drop for example ( last 2 months of season gone) people will turn on him . At least we got some money back from Sadio but if we don't for Mo and leaves for nothing just don't get that

Think losing Salah and Mane would make next season effectively a rebuilding one for us which might make the club a bit hesitant to go down that route. Won't be fair to expect Nunez and a potential right forward like Bowen to pick up from where Salah and Mane left off straightaway.

Even if we were to be open to selling him now, who would take him? I think there are only two clubs in the world that can pay a decent transfer fee and the mega wages he wants which are City and PSG. We will never sell to City and PSG would surely rather wait a year when Messi might leave and just take him on a free. Salah himself surely knows he'd have loads more suitors next summer like Barcelona etc if he fancies something like that.

We're in an extremely difficult situation with this now.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4789: Jun 26, 2022 01:10:20 pm

I think ... speculating,  but my mind tells me sadio told the club he wanted a new challenge. I believe he told the club this at some point in the last 12 months.

Diaz was lined up as his replacement and we had to bring that forward as clubs made a strong move for him. So at least Sadio, in my mind was straight with the club. None of this I love the club, I want to stay, I'm not asking for silly things rubbish. I believe it was done quietly and done right bar his 'special announcement' thing. Salah .... He's using his contract a leverage and I feel he will drop us and run to the first team that offers the oil money wages. He's obsessed with his wallet and his ego needs 400k+ per week. I don't want to 'turn' on salah. But he's doing himself no favors and it will end in acrimony i fear.

The club did its work for replacing mane. The question is have we done the same for salah.

Jürgen won't take just anyone. It has to be a player he wants and as I said previously if that player isn't available it complicates it. If there is a chance we should move now ....

All will become clear when preseason starts.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4790: Jun 26, 2022 01:15:38 pm
      Think losing Salah and Mane would make next season effectively a rebuilding one for us which might make the club a bit hesitant to go down that route. Won't be fair to expect Nunez and a potential right forward like Bowen to pick up from where Salah and Mane left off straightaway.

Even if we were to be open to selling him now, who would take him? I think there are only two clubs in the world that can pay a decent transfer fee and the mega wages he wants which are City and PSG. We will never sell to City and PSG would surely rather wait a year when Messi might leave and just take him on a free. Salah himself surely knows he'd have loads more suitors next summer like Barcelona etc if he fancies something like that.

We're in an extremely difficult situation with this now.

Agree with your point with nunez mate. Would really pile the pressure on him to hit the ground running and at 22 that's alot on his plate.

I agree with your point the club is no doubt twixt n between. When he turned it down in December they should have took control of the situation then and name sure they had a plan to replace him this summer.

I also agree he could make his wallet even fatter by holding on 12 months. Business wise that's no good for us and we need to sell now.

I'd rather take a step back now and start moving forward. Jürgen is here 4 more years ... and can build another great team. Better to do that with players who want to be here for the long term.

Bowen is a talent. Jürgen likes him it seems.

I know what I want won't be everyone's take. I'm just gonna sit and see how it plays out now
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #4791: Jun 26, 2022 02:31:38 pm
      I think we need to be a bit calmer about this. Klopp, Mo, the other players and the backroom staff all appear to be able to manage this and maintain good relationships. As other people have said Mane probably told the club he wanted to leave about 9-12 months ago and they all appeared to manage it ok.

We can't force Mo to leave this summer. If he wants to run down his contract, not much we can do. If we get a decent offer and he's happy to go to that club that's maybe better but there is no crisis if he stays.

All that matters is the team. He has always  been a bit to selfish in how he plays, recently there have been some signs that this has been increasing. If Klopp thinks he's not contributing enough to the team he'll be sitting on the bench. It's not like Pogba, Ozil or Aubameyang with a ridiculous wage being wasted, we can cope without him. We can cope financially with him running down his current contract and leaving on a free.

I don't think we should give him a massive wage and then have him behaving like Aubameyang. I'd prefer to let him go.

Fans get obsessed with the comments of agents and the psychodrama around his contract, especially during the summer when there is no games to talk about. I've not seen any evidence that this is affecting Klopp or the team.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #4792: Jun 26, 2022 02:42:44 pm

I think his performance will be fine since he's playing for his next contract. Having a full season like he had the 2nd half after AFCON only hurts his wallet as it may create doubt in potential suitors so he's going to want to score as many as possible and he will get that opportunity as he'll still be the main offensive target/player for us.

I think the team has shown it is prepared to let him go on a free if needed and not rush a sale when the player they want may not be available yet.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4793: Jun 26, 2022 04:54:20 pm
      And the season after he left, we lost the title to Forest. Having already lost the League Cup Final against them beforehand, and a few months later, the European Cup title as well.

About the contract running down, isn't that what Mbappe was supposed to do? He let the contract run and run until it almost expired before he resigned again.

We have 12 months to get this done, and we might need that long. We have already lost 3 strikers this summer, if Salah and Firmino join them that's 5 out the door, and then you will be one of the first on the forum after Christmas, if we're staring down the barrel of another 14 point long shot, to cry about not having the squad to cope. Again. So absolutely everything has to be done to get this contract over the line, regardless how long it takes.

and as every day goes by his agent gains power get real or just go back to defending your God VAR
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,975 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4794: Jun 26, 2022 05:15:16 pm
      and as every day goes by his agent gains power get real or just go back to defending your God VAR

I’ll give him his due, he can count! 3 + 2 does equal 5
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,316 posts | 279 
      Reply #4795: Jun 26, 2022 08:56:49 pm
      I'm in two or three minds what we could/should do here.
      In reality I think its already decided, he'll go next summer. He wants way over our cap he's not going to get it. He's already on £200,000 a week here and he'll double his money somewhere else possibly when Messi leaves PSG or don't be surprised if Newcastle offer him that money...anyway it makes no difference, we've still got a world class player for 12mths and he'll want to go out a winner, if Mo leaves as PL Champions he'd go with most fans blessing .
      I'd let it be known throughout Europe's big clubs though that a £60m bid early in this window could land you Salah but Mo knows he's gonna get a huge wage and signing on fee.
      I hope though Mo and Jürgen refuse to answer any questions on it as the media will hound us all year long.
      I don't believe or see the sense in him downing tools, he's a winner, he loves the individual honours too. The better he plays this year the more he'll get elsewhere.
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2022 10:20:28 am by Rush Goalie »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4796: Jun 26, 2022 09:10:28 pm
      when you know a colleague is leaving and things dont go well people will question their commitment it is a recipe for a disaster leaving him to run down his Contract. I repeat what most if not all of us want and that is for Mo to sign a contract the club and he are happy with but the overall balance of the squad is in danger if one player wants almost double his current pay.
      I really dont think this will go into the new season unresolved.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #4797: Jun 26, 2022 11:37:07 pm
      If we could get close to 60 mil, you may wanna do it. I love Mo, but right now the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Lots of distractions around him, poor play, and possobly losing him on the free, etc.

Give that guy a deadline with his final offer, and if he doesn't wanna play ball, start shopping him. I love Mo, but the team comes first.

Dude wants a big contract, let's hope he plays better then he did after AFCON and that he's rested. Didn't play like a top paid player in the spring. Focus more on improving and less of shirtless pics

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4798: Jun 27, 2022 10:44:06 am
      Looks like Mo isnt commiting so not looking forwards to a half commited season from Mo. May as well sell and move on
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4799: Jun 27, 2022 10:58:17 am
      The guy is still on holiday. jeezo. so many getting nickers in a twist over tabloid rumours. ;D

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,547 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #4800: Jun 27, 2022 03:50:14 pm
      Looks like Mo wont sign a new contract with us.

Initial reaction is, feck it, sell him if he doesn't wanna be here and replace him. Been a great player for us, absolutely, but want people here who are committed to the cause. Don't want someone hanging on, seeing out a contract, waiting for their big payday. No player bigger than the club etc.

On the other hand, Sadio is gone, Nunez needs to settle in, Diaz is great but could be doing with scoring more. Mo knows the ropes, is a top pro, and will want to do his best - whether that's for the team, or in order to secure the best deal at the end of the season.

The guy is a goalscorer. Would be difficult to replace both lads in one window, and stay 'as' competitive. Don't want us to rush into replacing either, though maybe we have a plan for that, hard to know.

If FSG are good to let him run down his contract, and leave on a free, imho thats probably the best option from a footballing/on-the-pitch point of view just looking next season.

In saying that, if FSG decide they wanna make a few bob this summer, and sell now, I can see that side of things too - though if we do that, think it would lessen our chances of challenging Citeh for PL in the season coming.

So its let him stay and play out the season for me.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4801: Jun 27, 2022 05:19:19 pm
      The guy is still on holiday. jeezo. so many getting nickers in a twist over tabloid rumours. ;D

its on the back of 12 months speculation mate its a new season coming up starting tomorrow for some its not unreasonable to ask the question are you staying or going. Shame about Sadio going but we always move on and I am sure whilst Jürgen is an exceptional diplomat he wants to have this sorted.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4802: Jun 28, 2022 09:11:04 am
      H
      its on the back of 12 months speculation mate its a new season coming up starting tomorrow for some its not unreasonable to ask the question are you staying or going. Shame about Sadio going but we always move on and I am sure whilst Jürgen is an exceptional diplomat he wants to have this sorted.

he already said he is staying next season and klopp has said he is not worried about his performance levels.

Any contract stuff after that will be what it will be.

More stuff going on in the world and at home right now to stress about. ;-)
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4803: Jun 28, 2022 10:44:20 am
      Looks like Mo wont sign a new contract with us.

Initial reaction is, feck it, sell him if he doesn't wanna be here and replace him. Been a great player for us, absolutely, but want people here who are committed to the cause. Don't want someone hanging on, seeing out a contract, waiting for their big payday. No player bigger than the club etc.

On the other hand, Sadio is gone, Nunez needs to settle in, Diaz is great but could be doing with scoring more. Mo knows the ropes, is a top pro, and will want to do his best - whether that's for the team, or in order to secure the best deal at the end of the season.

The guy is a goalscorer. Would be difficult to replace both lads in one window, and stay 'as' competitive. Don't want us to rush into replacing either, though maybe we have a plan for that, hard to know.

If FSG are good to let him run down his contract, and leave on a free, imho thats probably the best option from a footballing/on-the-pitch point of view just looking next season.

In saying that, if FSG decide they wanna make a few bob this summer, and sell now, I can see that side of things too - though if we do that, think it would lessen our chances of challenging Citeh for PL in the season coming.

So its let him stay and play out the season for me.

As I said above mate. Depends if the club has done its homework.

Diaz was coming this summer to replace mane. It was just brought forward as clubs went in for him in January.

Has the club got salah's replacement lined up ... the one Jürgen really wants and is he available this summer?

If they have a player in mind I'd make a big play this summer even if we have to pay abit more. Would be offset by what we get for salah. I'd rather sell salah now. Can't be arsed with a 12 month farewell tour while he waits to jump in his pool of riches as 1/4 million a week isn't enough for him.

Seems we will just let him have it all his own way and walk out in June with a quick cheers lads as he runs to the bank.

I wouldn't be playing ball. We sold players before and we survived. We will survive without salah. Nothing will happen either way till he puts his top back on and is back for preseason.

We bought salah and mane for a combined 70m give or take. Both will leave at the peak of their powers with years infront of them and at most we will get 35m back and nothing to replace salah.

It will end in acrimony. Sell him now ... buy someone else who is on our radar to replace him  ... move on.
      Don77

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4804: Jun 28, 2022 10:48:24 am
      H
      he already said he is staying next season and klopp has said he is not worried about his performance levels.

Any contract stuff after that will be what it will be.

More stuff going on in the world and at home right now to stress about. ;-)

That's always the case mate. I always get wound up over these things. With all that's going on in the world, the stress us mortals feel every day I get mad as salah is being greedy and throwing the clubs substantial offer back at us. Winds me up.

I try not to get attached to players these days. At 44 I should no better. But when 1/4 million a week plus bonuses isn't enough for someone Iose respect for them.

As you say ... more important stuff in normal life to worry about
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4805: Jun 28, 2022 11:37:45 am
      That's always the case mate. I always get wound up over these things. With all that's going on in the world, the stress us mortals feel every day I get mad as salah is being greedy and throwing the clubs substantial offer back at us. Winds me up.

I try not to get attached to players these days. At 44 I should no better. But when 1/4 million a week plus bonuses isn't enough for someone Iose respect for them.

As you say ... more important stuff in normal life to worry about

True enough.

I think like Mane its not greed for the sake of it though, he does a lot for charities back home and such.

Think its more a status thing with salah.

Footballer are not the real world if you think about the wages too much it fries the brain its stupid really.
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #4806: Jun 28, 2022 12:00:18 pm
      Pay Salah what he's worth as a top 3 player in world football, if we don't how can we be held accountable for showing loyalty to his abilities.

If we decide the wages are too much for squad harmony then we let him leave on a free with our thanks and best wishes.

The guy has been an absolute legend, performs week in week out with hardly any disruption to his fitness!

It's not greedy to want to be paid your worth or close to it 🙂

Quick Reply