Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 564468 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #4968: Jul 02, 2022 02:22:53 pm
      It's beyond £350,000 per week.

We've just blown up our wage structure to make ourselves like City. Salah has been sulking since he was completely outdone and outshone by Mane, but gets a massive reward. Would have liked to see us stand up to him after his carry on, but nope, we've given him everything he wanted.

It's £350,000 including bonuses.

Which is what  lot of us said. You  crack on with your negative bullshit and Mane conspiracies!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #4969: Jul 02, 2022 02:28:12 pm
      I also said 350k, does that make me a Kopite  :f_whistle:

Be whatever you want Keith.

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #4970: Jul 02, 2022 02:37:45 pm
      It's beyond £350,000 per week.

We've just blown up our wage structure to make ourselves like City. Salah has been sulking since he was completely outdone and outshone by Mane, but gets a massive reward. Would have liked to see us stand up to him after his carry on, but nope, we've given him everything he wanted.
      Sulking? Stand up to him?  Given him everything he wanted?

What are you on about, lad? What is your obsession with that Mane v. Salah narrative you've been pushing for months? I'm at the point where I'm not even sure of what you're talking about. You saw Salah sulking? The club negotiated a contract with him, if they came to an agreement then I guess the terms they reached were satisfactory for both parties, yet ''we gave him everything he wanted''?

Okay we gave him everything he wanted (lets assume that), what is your point exactly? If I understand correctly, we shouldn't have because he was ''sulking'' after ''being outdone and outshone'' by Mane?

Has the club launched a reality TV show I'm not aware of? Is it too hard to just say, ''I think we are overpaying him for reasons A, B, and C'' (ideally those reasons not being ''sulking'' or an imaginary feud between him and another player)?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4971: Jul 02, 2022 02:45:33 pm
      I know I've been around long enough to think footballers are declining at age 30, but with modern fitness training, medicine and nutrition, this doesn't have to be the case anymore. I hope the big contract will serve to motivate Mo even further and that he continues to shine for this club.

Always a risk to commit so much money, but it seems like one of the safer investments on the scale of things.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #4972: Jul 02, 2022 03:09:42 pm

What are you on about, lad? What is your obsession with that Mane v. Salah narrative you've been pushing for months? I'm at the point where I'm not even sure of what you're talking about. You saw Salah sulking? The club negotiated a contract with him, if they came to an agreement then I guess the terms they reached were satisfactory for both parties, yet ''we gave him everything he wanted''?

Okay we gave him everything he wanted (lets assume that), what is your point exactly? If I understand correctly, we shouldn't have because he was ''sulking'' after ''being outdone and outshone'' by Mane?

Has the club launched a reality TV show I'm not aware of? Is it too hard to just say, ''I think we are overpaying him for reasons A, B, and C'' (ideally those reasons not being ''sulking'' or an imaginary feud between him and another player)?

He's talking out of his arse basically.

Club made offers to both Salah and Mane. Salah has been through months of negotiations and has signed a new deal. Mane told the club after 6 years he was moving on when his contract ended. So no further offers made to Mane, his decision was respected and everything handed amicably.

But you know, the Internet has to have drama!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #4973: Jul 02, 2022 03:29:20 pm
      I know I've been around long enough to think footballers are declining at age 30, but with modern fitness training, medicine and nutrition, this doesn't have to be the case anymore. I hope the big contract will serve to motivate Mo even further and that he continues to shine for this club.

Always a risk to commit so much money, but it seems like one of the safer investments on the scale of things.

Considering his level over the last 5 years, it’s a very calculated and appropriate risk - all clubs around the world would do the same if they could.

Salah is a legend already and will go on to cement his place with players like Kenny and Gerrard.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4974: Jul 02, 2022 04:19:52 pm

Manc Cnut will do nicely, that’s a better compliment  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #4975: Jul 02, 2022 04:26:22 pm
      Awesome news!!!

Club has really done well here. Personally couldn’t give a flying F**k what he’s being paid. We aren’t and never will be like City. We’ve been doing things the right way and it shows. To keep the best players you have to pay them like the best. Sounds like that’s what we are doing. 
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #4976: Jul 02, 2022 04:47:30 pm
      Just to point out - wages don't affect us as fans in the slightest. We're a global brand bringing in tens of millions annually through sponsorships alone; we can more than afford it. The only thing this would even have any sort of bearing on is how we debate with other teams' fans when it comes to the financials. Not a big deal.

If Salah is now on £350k/week, fair play to him. Who gives a toss? Probably only him and his agent. The club wouldn't have paid him that if they didn't think he was worth it.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,533 posts | 721 
      Reply #4977: Jul 02, 2022 05:22:02 pm
      Just to point out - wages don't affect us as fans in the slightest. We're a global brand bringing in tens of millions annually through sponsorships alone; we can more than afford it. The only thing this would even have any sort of bearing on is how we debate with other teams' fans when it comes to the financials. Not a big deal.

If Salah is now on £350k/week, fair play to him. Who gives a toss? Probably only him and his agent. The club wouldn't have paid him that if they didn't think he was worth it.

I agree, i dont see why fans obsess about player wages. Especially if theyre meeting expectations.

Its the championship managerification of fandom ;D

We as fans have absolutely zero idea what the club can or cant afford.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #4978: Jul 02, 2022 05:38:19 pm
      Our owners of all owners wouldn't have sanctioned it if there was any chance of his wage posing a risk to our financial stability or the wage structure we operate under. Probably a bit of not having Mané on the books, players coming in being on reasonable wages and having a successful team driving us forward have all contributed to allow this to fit within the existing structure. Talk of not being happy about Mo's wage is bizarre and misplaced. It's literally the last thing I was thinking of when the news was announced. It's simply fantastic news he's staying.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #4979: Jul 02, 2022 05:51:50 pm
      Our owners of all owners wouldn't have sanctioned it if there was any chance of his wage posing a risk to our financial stability or the wage structure we operate under. Probably a bit of not having Mané on the books, players coming in being on reasonable wages and having a successful team driving us forward have all contributed to allow this to fit within the existing structure. Talk of not being happy about Mo's wage is bizarre and misplaced. It's literally the last thing I was thinking of when the news was announced. It's simply fantastic news he's staying.

The only risk is the same risk as with any guaranteed contract. That a player might perform up to the standard expected and then you are stuck with a bad contract. As I say, Mo's performances, fitness level and character (especially important for Jürgen - very strict no jackasses rule here) mitigate the risk more than enough to make the commitment ()but there's always some risk. This is part of what makes the difference between great clubs and mediocre ones.

As far as it affecting fans, none of it does. They are all living in an alternate reality and I just enjoy following it, watching it and talking about it. I'll still be up each workday performing my service as the gravel on the road for questionable recompense.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #4980: Jul 02, 2022 05:55:51 pm
      The only risk is the same risk as with any guaranteed contract. That a player might perform up to the standard expected and then you are stuck with a bad contract. As I say, Mo's performances, fitness level and character (especially important for Jürgen - very strict no jackasses rule here) mitigate the risk more than enough to make the commitment ()but there's always some risk. This is part of what makes the difference between great clubs and mediocre ones.

As far as it affecting fans, none of it does. They are all living in an alternate reality and I just enjoy following it, watching it and talking about it. I'll still be up each workday performing my service as the gravel on the road for questionable recompense.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

That's it.

They won't take unnecessary risks and as you say the only risk is the same with other contracts. Any player can get a bad injury or severe drop in form.
      When you weigh it up though that's unlikely with Salah.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4981: Jul 02, 2022 05:56:00 pm
      I also said 350k, does that make me a Kopite  :f_whistle:

we all know what you dream of becoming.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #4982: Jul 02, 2022 05:58:12 pm
      This contract offer will have been on the table for a fair while so it would have been thought out very carefully by the club. This is a case of Salah and his agent caving in rather than us panicking and offering him what he wants.

With it only being a two year extension the plan will be that when Diaz and Nunez are due their next bigger contracts (if they are a success of course), Salah will be at the end of this one and will either have to sign on with a pay cut to finish his career with us or leave the club and that way we're not going out of control.
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2022 06:18:12 pm by chats »
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,747 posts | 882 
      Reply #4983: Jul 02, 2022 06:14:11 pm

You've obviously been away with the fairies over the past several months. Salah's form dropped when Mane beat him at the AFCON. He wasn't suddenly exhausted, he was mentally shattered. He lost the final, and subsequently lost out on World Cup qualification to his direct rival. Don't you remember all the drama between these two? Fair enough, they put that aside on the pitch this last season, but it's abundantly clear that neither player likes the other to better them. Mane's huge AFCON achievement was largely ignored by the club, not because of Mane's humility, but because no-one (Mane included) wanted to upset the club's A-list celebrity Salah.

Salah's agent has been demanding a ridiculously high salary (there was even a veiled threat that Salah would leave to play for a rival), and after several months of refusing to comply, the club has ended up agreeing to meet his demands. This is almost Suarez like.

If you can't see that, I really can't help you. It's beyond clear for anyone with any sort of football knowledge and sense.

I'm delighted he has signed, but the manner in which he has done leaves a sore point. All the camera interviews in which he is "so happy" to stay at Liverpool are exactly like Mbappe's nonsense about how much he wants to play at PSG after almost signing for Real. It's shallow. I'm not fooled by it.

I suppose that now we've destroyed our wage structure, we are open to signing any top player in the world and offering them any ridiculous salary. All good then.

DanMann

• 5,747 posts | 882 
      Reply #4984: Jul 02, 2022 06:21:41 pm

Whilst true, my point is the principle.

We didn't agree to his demands for months - because we didn't want to pay ridiculous wages - yet have suddenly done so now. Salah's agent has clearly won this one.

No player is bigger than the club, but right now, Salah is almost. He should have been dropped towards the end of the season, but still got to play every match. He just gets too much preferential treatment for me.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #4985: Jul 02, 2022 06:35:09 pm

We didn't agree to his demands for months - because we didn't want to pay ridiculous wages - yet have suddenly done so now. Salah's agent has clearly won this one.

No player is bigger than the club, but right now, Salah is almost. He should have been dropped towards the end of the season, but still got to play every match. He just gets too much preferential treatment for me.

Kick rocks bro. You're a sh*t stirrer
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4986: Jul 02, 2022 07:06:37 pm

Its 350k a week if he hits all his performance targets I think.

Mo had a busy season last season and the afcon/wc games and outcome took it out of him.

But to suggest we should have left him out of the biggest games of our season ... the games we spent all season working for is just sheer lunacy.

Was he playing at his complete high standards ... no but he was still as much of a match winner as anyone else and truly feared by opposition teams.

The only thing I wish he hadn't done was the 'score to settle comment' . Do the talking on the pitch and tweet afterwards.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4987: Jul 02, 2022 07:06:45 pm

its been really difficult to know what has been going on between the club and Mo and it looked as the season was to get under way that we may have to sell him or lose him for free so to see him sign is just the best news we could hope for. No need to embellish its just brilliant so why try to look for negatives we have done some great business this summer cant wait to see the lads.
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4988: Jul 02, 2022 07:10:29 pm
      its been really difficult to know what has been going on between the club and Mo and it looked as the season was to get under way that we may have to sell him or lose him for free so to see him sign is just the best news we could hope for. No need to embellish its just brilliant so why try to look for negatives we have done some great business this summer cant wait to see the lads.

Signing of tye summer for us. Give me Bellingham now and il be happy 😊 😉
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4989: Jul 02, 2022 07:20:49 pm
      This contract offer will have been on the table for a fair while so it would have been thought out very carefully by the club. This is a case of Salah and his agent caving in rather than us panicking and offering him what he wants.

With it only being a two year extension the plan will be that when Diaz and Nunez are due their next bigger contracts (if they are a success of course), Salah will be at the end of this one and will either have to sign on with a pay cut to finish his career with us or leave the club and that way we're not going out of control.

I don't think he caved. Hes gone from 200k pw to 350k pw if he hits hits targets. That's a hell of a pay rise.

I'd love to know what the offer was in December that he rejected. The athletic said it was a significant increase on his flat weekly wage plus substantial performance related bonuses. I surmised it was for 250k per week plus performance bonuses to take it to over 300k

Sounds like maybe the total weekly wage he's accepted was the same or near the December offer ... but the flat wage has increased somewhat. But we will never know.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4990: Jul 02, 2022 08:21:33 pm

This may not go down to well but if social media correct with some of the articles then DanMann has a more than valid point and you probably won’t know for a year or so if he’s right. It’s certainly a permutation that’s impossible to rule out given the time it’s taken to sign a new contract.

There’s been absolutely no signs of him signing a contract till the day it was announced, that’s obviously tells a story. If Salah goes after next seasons over quite a few fans will be eating humble pie.

The fact he’s know signed a 3 year contract means a deal may well have been done behind close doors on the basis they let him go next year, at the same time it also means Liverpool will still be able to get a tidy sum for him basically meaning both player and club go away happy.

Quick Reply