Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 559266 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434, jabv and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #4991: Jul 02, 2022 09:02:33 pm
      This may not go down to well but if social media correct with some of the articles then DanMann has a more than valid point and you probably won’t know for a year or so if he’s right. It’s certainly a permutation that’s impossible to rule out given the time it’s taken to sign a new contract.

There’s been absolutely no signs of him signing a contract till the day it was announced, that’s obviously tells a story. If Salah goes after next seasons over quite a few fans will be eating humble pie.

The fact he’s know signed a 3 year contract means a deal may well have been done behind close doors on the basis they let him go next year, at the same time it also means Liverpool will still be able to get a tidy sum for him basically meaning both player and club go away happy.

I am surprised at you Keith. If Mo Salah goes next season after another golden boot he is back to being £100mil the club have protected their asset and at the same time given Jürgen the best striker in the EPL its a piece of genius  work by the management they have played a blinder.
      It gives us a full season for Nunez and Diaz to make progress and if he goes we will have the money for Bellingham. It a sign of a really well run club and a very well run transfer dept. Do you need me to run through UTD's transfers over the past decade ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4992: Jul 02, 2022 09:12:01 pm
      I am surprised at you Keith. If Mo Salah goes next season after another golden boot he is back to being £100mil the club have protected their asset and at the same time given Jürgen the best striker in the EPL its a piece of genius  work by the management they have played a blinder.
      It gives us a full season for Nunez and Diaz to make progress and if he goes we will have the money for Bellingham. It a sign of a really well run club and a very well run transfer dept. Do you need me to run through UTD's transfers over the past decade ?

That’s obviously another permutation Walt and I’m not saying your wrong. So much talk has gone on about this transfer over the last few months it’s hard to rule anything out. It could be a great bit of genius work and like I’ve said time will tell.

Don’t get me talking about us lot! for fcuk sake.  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4993: Jul 02, 2022 10:48:16 pm
      That’s obviously another permutation Walt and I’m not saying your wrong. So much talk has gone on about this transfer over the last few months it’s hard to rule anything out. It could be a great bit of genius work and like I’ve said time will tell.

Don’t get me talking about us lot! for fcuk sake.  :lmao:

Think its fair to say I am not an FSG fan but they know money its their stock in trade and they have protected the club here very well. IF Mo scores 30 plus goals again he will still be on the Radar of Real, Barca and PSG and they will have had a good look at Darwin and Diaz for a full season and if Jürgen gives the nod he will  be gone they have no emotion when it comes to money. We are all delighted to have him here and his contract talks over. How is DeJong doing the reluctant Manc
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4994: Jul 03, 2022 01:12:34 am
      Love Jürgen's words!

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,517 posts | 713 
      Reply #4995: Jul 03, 2022 04:37:58 am
      Did anyone know what Ian Rush or John Aldridge was on a week?
      Did anyone know what Robbie Fowler was on a week?
      What was Micheal Owen on a week?
      How much was Torres on a week?

This new found obsession is weird
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #4996: Jul 03, 2022 10:12:33 am
      Sounds like neville is upset over this new deal saying salah has had us over.

Forgets to mention they've paid worse players as much or more I think. Talking to talks*ite who claim its 400k a week. Whoppers.

Isn't there no7 earning half a million a week ... and now he wants out. That's being had off I think.

Always nice to know you're getting under others clubs fans skin.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #4997: Jul 03, 2022 10:30:40 am

Forgets to mention they've paid worse players as much or more I think. Talking to talks*ite who claim its 400k a week. Whoppers.

Isn't there no7 earning half a million a week ... and now he wants out. That's being had off I think.

He’s such a peenass! Some of the salaries that lot have been paying over the years. Isn’t De Ghea on +300k a week, Sancho is getting ridiculous money, they spunked a load on Alexis Sanchez for no return and now Ronaldo (the highest paid player 8n the league) wants out.

The club have handled this superbly. I don’t think they wanted to pay Mane similar money so they waited till he moved on and then got the deal done.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,500 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4998: Jul 03, 2022 10:35:16 am
      Sulking? Stand up to him?  Given him everything he wanted?

What are you on about, lad? What is your obsession with that Mane v. Salah narrative you've been pushing for months? I'm at the point where I'm not even sure of what you're talking about. You saw Salah sulking? The club negotiated a contract with him, if they came to an agreement then I guess the terms they reached were satisfactory for both parties, yet ''we gave him everything he wanted''?

Okay we gave him everything he wanted (lets assume that), what is your point exactly? If I understand correctly, we shouldn't have because he was ''sulking'' after ''being outdone and outshone'' by Mane?

Has the club launched a reality TV show I'm not aware of? Is it too hard to just say, ''I think we are overpaying him for reasons A, B, and C'' (ideally those reasons not being ''sulking'' or an imaginary feud between him and another player)?

I dont understand this narrative either, they had 1 falling out in 5 years and that was sorted next day, they have loved playing with each other, best of times, most success they will probably ever have. Why does mane leaving not be exactly what the man said it is, he wanted a new challenge 6 years at 1 club is a bloody long time these days, won the lot, now fancies playing for another huge club in Germany. All good and all that stuff, leave it at that. :-)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #4999: Jul 03, 2022 01:04:40 pm
      Did anyone know what Ian Rush or John Aldridge was on a week?
      Did anyone know what Robbie Fowler was on a week?
      What was Micheal Owen on a week?
      How much was Torres on a week?

This new found obsession is weird

John Barnes started it all, with everyone talking about the £10,000 he was asking for in 1992. I remember loads obsessing over it during the semi against Portsmouth.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #5000: Jul 03, 2022 01:06:50 pm

Probably trying to get all talk of Ronaldo leaving switched to Salah being overpaid in his opinion.

Let's just reiterate that - Ronaldo's F***ing the mancs off and Mo's staying!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5001: Jul 03, 2022 02:00:56 pm
      Christ some of you lot! make me laugh reading some of the comments on this thread. :lmao:

The times I’ve read so many of you calling other clubs ( United included ) for players demanding hugh pay rises a joke and now all of a sudden you break your pay structure it’s ok.  :lmao:

What utter  :spam: :spam: your talking now  :lmao:

What’s that saying? Pot— kettle—black  :roll:
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 849 
      Reply #5002: Jul 03, 2022 02:03:27 pm
      I dont understand this narrative either, they had 1 falling out in 5 years and that was sorted next day, they have loved playing with each other, best of times, most success they will probably ever have. Why does mane leaving not be exactly what the man said it is, he wanted a new challenge 6 years at 1 club is a bloody long time these days, won the lot, now fancies playing for another huge club in Germany. All good and all that stuff, leave it at that. :-)
      Exactly that.

Its a team sport. Much worse happens between teammates during training sessions and we never get to know about it yet some people want to push this narrative so much they start making up the missing pieces of the drama they imagine is there. For me Mane leaving is what he said it is. He played 6 years, wanted a new challenge, and that's it. I saw no animosity, no hidden messages, no nothing of all that dramatic stuff some people are dying to make us believe is there.

I have no problem with anyone believing whatever they want, but its one thing to believe something and another to start inventing stuff up to make it match the narrative you believe in. ''Salah was sulking'', ''the club did not celebrate Mane's AFCON win because of Mo'', ''Mane is leaving because the club does not give him as much recognition as Mo'', ''Mane is leaving because he's tired of being in the shadow of Mo'', etc. I'm paraphrasing here but those are all things we've heard in the past month or so and the two common denominators to all those affirmations is that they are either baseless or straight out contradicting cold hard facts like for example Mane saying in more than one interview that HE asked the club to not celebrate out of respect for his teammate (which goes to show you that not only was the club going to celebrate his AFCON win, but that the relation between the two players was healthy and respectful. I'm pretty sure that had Mo won the final he would've asked the same for his teammate).

Anyway, I think I'm just going to stop replying to these posts driving this narrative. We've been debating this for two months and it doesn't seem like those posters are getting any more logical than at first. If they want a TV reality drama club they can do what they want, I'll focus on the football as in ''Liverpool FOOTBALL CLUB''

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #5003: Jul 03, 2022 02:08:39 pm
      Christ some of you lot! make me laugh reading some of the comments on this thread. :lmao:

The times I’ve read so many of you calling other clubs ( United included ) for players demanding hugh pay rises a joke and now all of a sudden you break your pay structure it’s ok.  :lmao:

R. O. N. A. L. D. O.

Pipe the F**k down, you thought he was signing for the love of Utd last season and not the £500k you were paying him?

You sound scared Keith and you F***ing should be. Who said we had this set in F***ing stine wage structure and why do you care we broke it?

As I said. Are you panicking manc?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5004: Jul 03, 2022 02:16:31 pm
      R. O. N. A. L. D. O.

Pipe the f**k down, you thought he was signing for the love of Utd last season and not the £500k you were paying him?

You sound scared Keith and you f**king should be. Who said we had this set in f**king stine wage structure and why do you care we broke it?

As I said. Are you panicking manc?

You can’t deny what I’m saying is right, double standards from some of you lot when it suits.
      You know I’ve always stated many footballers greedy tw@ts. Salah now goes in the same bracket as Ronaldo for that. But hey!! It’s ok now because leopards do change there spots and he’s worth it.   :lmao:

I’m not in the slightest bit worried that you broke your wage structure, just the hypocrites who now state it’s ok to pay him £350k a week.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #5005: Jul 03, 2022 02:25:18 pm
      You can’t deny what I’m saying is right, double standards from some of you lot when it suits.
      You know I’ve always stated many footballers greedy tw@ts. Salah now goes in the same bracket as Ronaldo for that. But hey!! It’s ok now because leopards do change there spots and he’s worth it.   :lmao:

I’m not in the slightest bit worried that you broke your wage structure, just the hypocrites who now state it’s ok to pay him £350k a week.

It's also a Liverpool forum Keith, don't like what we're saying, you can always F**k off with your sh*te manc theories to F***ing Red Cafe.

Headline - football fans in double standards shock.

So. F***ing. What?

We keep our best player, you're are losing yours and you've seen your arse before the season even begins.

And talking about hypocrisy and wages demands, you cheeky F***ing manc c**t!!

Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #5006: Jul 03, 2022 02:28:00 pm

But apparently we have not broke the wage structure with his flat weekly earnings. He only gets the maximum if he produces the required performances and stats on the pitch.

Contrast that to Ronaldo sancho alexis etc who get paid the full whack for sitting on the bench, a deckchair, injured etc etc.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5007: Jul 03, 2022 02:32:55 pm
      It's also a Liverpool forum Keith, don't like what we're saying, you can always f**k off with your sh*te manc theories to f**king Red Cafe.

Headline - football fans in double standards shock.

So. F***ing. What?

We keep our best player, you're are losing yours and you've seen your arse before the season even begins.

And talking about hypocrisy and wages demands, you cheeky f**king manc c**t!!

So what!! Least you admit it  ;)

What’s a Liverpool forum got to do with it? Arh right, even when your wrong your right are you, yeah yeah yeah.

We’ve not really got good players to lose presently as their all performing poorly at the moment.

Hypocrisy from me?? Show me a post where I’ve been a hypocrite about wages you scouse Cnut.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #5008: Jul 03, 2022 02:34:08 pm

Mo is a world class player, one of the best in our history and the history of the league, and he is therefore one of the highest earners in the league, after a period of being paid less than his peers. I've no doubt FSG see there being room in the budget. This idea that it is hypocrisy is daft! You look at the long list of mercenaries who've plied their trade at OT and there is no comparison! Wages for nothing.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5009: Jul 03, 2022 02:41:31 pm
      Mo is a world class player, one of the best in our history and the history of the league, and he is therefore one of the highest earners in the league, after a period of being paid less than his peers. I've no doubt FSG see there being room in the budget. This idea that it is hypocrisy is daft! You look at the long list of mercenaries who've plied their trade at OT and there is no comparison! Wages for nothing.

Yeah I pretty much agree with most of what your saying. Salah needs no introduction and not as dispute about being world class etc etc.

Once again agreed no comparison re OT. However, my beef is simply those that stated in the passed don’t succumb to such pay rises now think it’s ok, that’s all I’m saying.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #5010: Jul 03, 2022 03:49:03 pm
      Looks like both sides compromised and were able to get this done.

Salah gets a lot of money but still not on par with KDB and Ronaldo (let alone Mbappe/Neymar/Messi), especially since the weekly wage may include bonuses/incentives as has been mentioned and not base wages. I also think he compromised on the number of years since it's basically a 2-year extension from his current one and at the expiration of the contract he'd be 33yo.

From the team's side, they compromised by going above their wage structure but hedged themselves somewhat with the performance bonus/incentives and i think being only a 3-year deal in total also allows the team flexibility.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5011: Jul 03, 2022 03:55:56 pm

mate take a deep breath you are paying your goalkeeper more than our top goal scorer.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,865 posts | 2691 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5012: Jul 03, 2022 03:58:31 pm
      mate take a deep breath you are paying your goalkeeper more than our top goal scorer.

I know mate but I’ve always stated we pay then to much and there  should be a cap, no double standards with me mate, unlike  many on here.  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #5013: Jul 03, 2022 04:23:41 pm

How is it F***ing hypocrisy when for F***ing months three thirds of the F***ing forum we're saying we'd be happy with a deal for Mo being £350,000 plus bonuses!! That's what's happened so how are we being hypocrites?

You're starting to sound like an Evertonian now Keith, looks like we've broke you too!!

Now where's me F***ing rose-tints :lmao:

Quick Reply