Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 560375 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #5014: Jul 03, 2022 04:25:51 pm
      I know mate but Iā€™ve always stated we pay then to much and there  should be a cap, no double standards with me mate, unlike  many on here.  ;)

Oh that old chestnut, there should be a "cap"

Wake up Keith, you lot we're the first to grasp treating the admin side like a F***ing proper business, don't start getting upset some have caught and surpassed you :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5015: Jul 03, 2022 04:29:28 pm
      Iā€™m busy watch F1 Pete fcuk off   :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #5016: Jul 03, 2022 04:31:10 pm
      Iā€™m busy watch F1 Pete fcuk off   :lmao:

Me too!!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

But here's what Ā£350,000 gets you  :f_whistle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBREmgirXO0
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5017: Jul 03, 2022 04:32:57 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5018: Jul 03, 2022 04:41:04 pm
      Not happy at the salary though... now reported to be Ā£400,000 per week to make him the highest paid in the league.

Only if he hits all the targets of the contract.
      And if he does so then surely everyone is happy.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #5019: Jul 03, 2022 06:36:48 pm
      Only if he hits all the targets of the contract.
      And if he does so then surely everyone is happy.

Yup. Article I read said terms are ā€œheavily  incentivizedā€ and itā€™s only then heā€™d earn in excess of 400k.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5020: Jul 03, 2022 06:50:45 pm
      Yup. Article I read said terms are ā€œheavily  incentivizedā€ and itā€™s only then heā€™d earn in excess of 400k.

Much better than a 37yo Ronaldo being on 500k a week.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5021: Jul 03, 2022 06:51:56 pm
      Not happy at the salary though... now reported to be Ā£400,000 per week to make him the highest paid in the league.

If they sell him next year  youā€™d of proved your point and shut a lot of scousers up on here.  ;D Theyā€™ll probably deny it though and come up with another excuse. I certainly think your point is more than valid and time will tell.

It will be a win win for both parties. Not saying it is right as you know.

Last post for me on this matter as Iā€™m just going round the houses with some of them.  ;D
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #5022: Jul 03, 2022 07:32:17 pm
      Much better than a 37yo Ronaldo being on 500k a week.

Definitely. I have no problem with the "you want it, come get it" stance as opposed to a "ok, here you go" one.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5023: Jul 03, 2022 08:31:13 pm
      I think UTD's wage bill is more than Ā£30mil more than ours for a club that is in the Europa league. I have no idea of the details of Mo's  contract but I do know FSG do finance well and our players are here for glory and money not just money.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5024: Jul 03, 2022 08:34:48 pm
      Bring us the league and you can have your money 💸💸💸

No one will complain 🤣
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #5025: Jul 03, 2022 10:44:28 pm
      If they sell him next year  youā€™d of proved your point and shut a lot of scousers up on here.  ;D Theyā€™ll probably deny it though and come up with another excuse. I certainly think your point is more than valid and time will tell.

It will be a win win for both parties. Not saying it is right as you know.

Last post for me on this matter as Iā€™m just going round the houses with some of them.  ;D

Your posts always smell of jealousy - snide comments that you expect a jealous boyfriend to make - passive aggressive nonsense.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5026: Jul 03, 2022 10:53:13 pm
      Your posts always smell of jealousy - snide comments that you expect a jealous boyfriend to make - passive aggressive nonsense.

come on mate be gracious wouldnt you feel fragile if even Frenkie deJong wants nothing to do with UTD. Other than Ratboy nearly all other commentators of note think its a good deal for Salah and the Club
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5027: Jul 04, 2022 09:13:22 am
      Exactly that.

Its a team sport. Much worse happens between teammates during training sessions and we never get to know about it yet some people want to push this narrative so much they start making up the missing pieces of the drama they imagine is there. For me Mane leaving is what he said it is. He played 6 years, wanted a new challenge, and that's it. I saw no animosity, no hidden messages, no nothing of all that dramatic stuff some people are dying to make us believe is there.

I have no problem with anyone believing whatever they want, but its one thing to believe something and another to start inventing stuff up to make it match the narrative you believe in. ''Salah was sulking'', ''the club did not celebrate Mane's AFCON win because of Mo'', ''Mane is leaving because the club does not give him as much recognition as Mo'', ''Mane is leaving because he's tired of being in the shadow of Mo'', etc. I'm paraphrasing here but those are all things we've heard in the past month or so and the two common denominators to all those affirmations is that they are either baseless or straight out contradicting cold hard facts like for example Mane saying in more than one interview that HE asked the club to not celebrate out of respect for his teammate (which goes to show you that not only was the club going to celebrate his AFCON win, but that the relation between the two players was healthy and respectful. I'm pretty sure that had Mo won the final he would've asked the same for his teammate).

Anyway, I think I'm just going to stop replying to these posts driving this narrative. We've been debating this for two months and it doesn't seem like those posters are getting any more logical than at first. If they want a TV reality drama club they can do what they want, I'll focus on the football as in ''Liverpool FOOTBALL CLUB''

is right mate. we will be able to get back actual footi talk now anyway and all the great goals salah is gonna score. :-)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5028: Jul 04, 2022 01:49:54 pm
      Every chance that next season he could fire his way up to 4th(?) in our all time top scorers?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #5029: Jul 04, 2022 06:07:44 pm
      If they sell him next year  youā€™d of proved your point and shut a lot of scousers up on here.  ;D Theyā€™ll probably deny it though and come up with another excuse.

Don't need a F***ing excuse when you cu*ts are paying Ronaldo Ā£480,000 per week you F***ing hypocrite.

You. Will. Never. Shut. Us. The. F**k. Up!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #5030: Jul 04, 2022 06:08:37 pm

Just the average rambling of a Manc.

Every so often they let veil slip and the obsessive bitter sh*te about ourr club come to the fore.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5031: Jul 04, 2022 06:12:50 pm
      Don't need a f**king excuse when you cu*ts are paying Ronaldo Ā£480,000 per week you f**king hypocrite.

You. Will. Never. Shut. Us. The. F**k. Up!!

Iā€™m not paying him fcuk all you silly scouse Cnut the club is. You know my views on pay structures. If you knew what the word meant youā€™d know it doesnā€™t apply to me. You better Google the word and it will tell you the opposite to Keith Singleton.  :rasp:
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #5032: Jul 05, 2022 10:37:25 pm
      Iā€™m not paying him fcuk all you silly scouse Cnut the club is. You know my views on pay structures. If you knew what the word meant youā€™d know it doesnā€™t apply to me. You better Google the word and it will tell you the opposite to Keith Singleton.  :rasp:

The club knows itā€™s own pay structure.
      Personally I think itā€™s a lot down to player greed these days. It has been for a while.
      Ā£400,000 a week is so far away from the ā€˜working manā€™ that the connection between players and fans isnā€™t what it once was.

But itā€™s not just football.
      Lewis Hamilton is reportedly worth Ā£250m and golfers have been reportedly offered Ā£150m just to join a different tournament.

Even Gary Lineker gets over a million quid a year to talk rubbish for a bit.

If the club can afford it then so what? Itā€™s billion pound entertainmet industry. I donā€™t  give a single penny to the club or to Sky or even the bbc so if salah makes my weekends a little more enrtaining next season then Iā€™m happy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #5033: Jul 06, 2022 05:22:29 pm
      Iā€™m not paying him fcuk all you silly scouse Cnut the club is.

So why the F***ing faux outrage about Salah's wage you daft manc tw*t?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5034: Jul 06, 2022 06:11:28 pm
      So why the f**king faux outrage about Salah's wage you daft manc tw*t?

:lmao:
      Your asking the wrong person, my names Keith, ask faux   :P
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #5035: Jul 09, 2022 11:53:08 am
      Quote from brezipool
      6 years at 1 club is a bloody long time these days, won the lot, now fancies playing for another huge club in Germany.

Gerrard was here 16 years. That's a long time. By comparison 6 years is barely long enough to get settled.

It's great that he has signed, a reward for patience, rather than mass panic. Unfortunately the small print isn't quite so impressive. When I first saw it, I thought it was a 5 year deal, or at least 4. Then I found out it was only 3 years, which means rather than a full stop put to all the speculation, it has only been kicked down the road about 18 months-2 years, and we're back to discussing his contract future again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5036: Jul 09, 2022 01:06:13 pm
      Gerrard was here 16 years. That's a long time. By comparison 6 years is barely long enough to get settled.

Thatā€™s why he said ā€œthese daysā€.

Itā€™s not the days of Gerrard, Carragher, Terry, Lampard etc when there was lots of players spending the majority of their career/all of their career at one club. So he was bang on when he said 6 years is a long time these days.

Quick Reply