Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 558867 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #5037: Jul 26, 2022 01:00:06 pm
      New contract and proper rest this summer.

I think he's going to destroy the league this season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5038: Jul 26, 2022 01:17:33 pm
      Gerrard was here 16 years. That's a long time. By comparison 6 years is barely long enough to get settled.

It's great that he has signed, a reward for patience, rather than mass panic. Unfortunately the small print isn't quite so impressive. When I first saw it, I thought it was a 5 year deal, or at least 4. Then I found out it was only 3 years, which means rather than a full stop put to all the speculation, it has only been kicked down the road about 18 months-2 years, and we're back to discussing his contract future again.

exactly.

Its a long time these days, cos cu*ts dont stay at clubs long anymore. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5039: Jul 26, 2022 01:18:53 pm

He looks so happy and so sharp in training. Gonna be an epic season for him.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,651 posts | 481 
      Reply #5040: Jul 27, 2022 07:28:33 am

Proper rest during World cup too.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #5041: Jul 31, 2022 01:40:07 am
      One thing I notice from Salah which I don't remember (or maybe notice) from the game was him using his right foot to cross balls into the box (one which resulted in the Nunez header that caused the handball).

It is something I like seeing as at time he becomes predictable always cutting inside for a shot or ding far post (which happen on the 3rd goal). Mix things up makes defenders think more and open more space inside from time to time

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,545 posts | 3905 
      Reply #5042: Jul 31, 2022 02:17:29 pm
      https://twitter.com/follow_lfcmuh/status/1553491221003345922?s=21&t=2HP51akighJW6OXftO0eLg

He looks very sharp and fit! I think he’s going to another level this season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5043: Aug 01, 2022 07:35:33 am

He looks happy more then anything! Love that!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #5044: Aug 06, 2022 03:35:12 pm
      Had a good 5 minute spell when he set up Nunez with a couple of identical crosses, the latter resulting in a goal, and then pops up with a goal out of nowhere. Other than that he was quiet, playing very wide and hardly getting any change out of the full back. He seemed so reluctant to take his man on which isn’t like him. He had some success towards the end through fortune rather than skill.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5045: Aug 06, 2022 05:11:08 pm
      Had a good 5 minute spell when he set up Nunez with a couple of identical crosses, the latter resulting in a goal, and then pops up with a goal out of nowhere. Other than that he was quiet, playing very wide and hardly getting any change out of the full back. He seemed so reluctant to take his man on which isn’t like him. He had some success towards the end through fortune rather than skill.

Other than that spell you mentioned, he was every bit as sh*t as the rest. He was completely anonymous the first half, wouldn’t have even known he was on the pitch.

But on the plus side, him and Nunez appear to be building a very good partnership. They linked up well in pre-season, last week vs City and again today at times.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5046: Aug 16, 2022 10:22:13 am
      Not a post on here for 10 days . Mo still looks out of sorts and was poor again last night.
      He will have 3 games without Nunes we really really need Mo back to his very best to challenge for anything this season.
      I think we have to look at his supply and last night's starting midfield could not be classed as creative. A few problems for Jürgen to sort out but Jürgen will sort this out
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5047: Aug 16, 2022 10:30:05 am
      Can see Mo being up top v manu depending on fitness of others.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #5048: Aug 22, 2022 07:27:19 pm
      Fancy Mo to tear them apart this evening for some reason.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5049: Aug 22, 2022 10:32:26 pm
      Not sure what Mo was smiling about, thought he was poor.
      Eventually popped up with a goal, but need a lot LOT more from him.
      After the saga during the summer about his contract and him getting a new mega deal, it was Manes battling qualities we missed tonight.
      Needs to get a grip, focus on the game, and work hard.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,229 posts | 1650 
      Reply #5050: Aug 22, 2022 10:33:39 pm
      Didn't go at the FB until.far to late and then he looked dangerous
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      Reply #5051: Aug 23, 2022 01:21:05 am
      What's it with these no name left backs doing everything they can to stop Mo, then play nothing like it in their next games?

Never heard of their LB tonight. Someone said he used to play for Real Madrid.

He probably won't get a start for another game this year but he smothered Mo all game apart from a few seconds, where Mo got his goal.

F**k sake.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      Reply #5052: Aug 23, 2022 01:23:23 am
      Oh another thing, is there something in our Playbook that says Mo can't go out on the left wing and give it a crack?

He never does, games like this and each one is turning out like this, the oppo smother Mo. Why can't we mix it up during the game, Luis and Mo swap sides.

Just try something F***ing different for fucks sake.

Just way too predictable.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #5053: Aug 23, 2022 01:21:35 pm
      Is he the latest player to fall victim to the £350k a week curse?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,163 posts | 717 
      Reply #5054: Aug 23, 2022 01:37:38 pm
      He spends far too much time anchored to the touchline ( First hour )...then, as is the case lately when we're chasing the game he drifts more centrally and gets involved...but it's all too late ...and as someone just posted, utterly predictable. Needs to step up and unleash some of that undoubted ability...starting against Bournemouth, who even if we beat 10-0 might not be enough to lift my melancholia.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5055: Aug 23, 2022 02:09:59 pm
      He spends far too much time anchored to the touchline ( First hour )...then, as is the case lately when we're chasing the game he drifts more centrally and gets involved...but it's all too late ...and as someone just posted, utterly predictable. Needs to step up and unleash some of that undoubted ability...starting against Bournemouth, who even if we beat 10-0 might not be enough to lift my melancholia.

Trent hardly ever overlaps any more in fact he just moves in field occupying the midfield position and our midfielders charge forward like Milner occupying the space he should be taking up.

It’s all very disjointed at the moment and that’s up to Klopp to sort out.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,892 posts | 815 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5056: Aug 23, 2022 02:16:35 pm
      Think we need to see Mo through the middle, remember a season or two ago he was struggling out right and we had him through the middle and it seemed to do the trick with his confidence and form.

He is playing far too wide these days and with Diaz doing the exact same and turning back as much as anyone, it really is dehibalitating our attack.

Keeps getting his goals though.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2022 03:52:16 pm by RC9 »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #5057: Aug 23, 2022 02:20:12 pm
      Think we need to see Mo through the middle, remember a season or two ago he was struggling out left and we had him through the middle and it seemed to do the trick with his confidence and form.

I think moving Salah to the middle move besides making him more involved could be forced upon because of Firmino poor form thus far along with Nunez/Jota being out. I was hoping to see him in the middle and Elliott on the right last night but maybe we will see it vs Bourmouth.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,892 posts | 815 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5058: Aug 23, 2022 02:27:37 pm
      I think moving Salah to the middle move besides making him more involved could be forced upon because of Firmino poor form thus far along with Nunez/Jota being out. I was hoping to see him in the middle and Elliott on the right last night but maybe we will see it vs Bourmouth.

Yeah I thought we would see:

Carvalho Salah Diaz personally, as those on the wings could be more direct than Elliot, I fell.

Either way we need something a bit different moving forward.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #5059: Aug 23, 2022 02:43:55 pm
      Yeah I thought we would see:

Carvalho Salah Diaz personally, as those on the wings could be more direct than Elliot, I fell.

Either way we need something a bit different moving forward

We do, but for better or worse, we have seen Jürgen is very hesitant to change things up. It is rare we have seen anything other than 4-3-3.

Quick Reply