Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 563135 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #5129: Sep 26, 2022 06:51:46 am
      We should defo let him and Diaz switch wings during games. And even thru middle on occasions.

Klopp has stopped doing that for some time now. I remember Salah played quite often as No.9 in his first season here but then never again. Surely because we had the best front 3 of the world back then. I suspect playing him there now means that we are not as good on the wings.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #5130: Sep 26, 2022 07:47:05 am
      Klopp has stopped doing that for some time now. I remember Salah played quite often as No.9 in his first season here but then never again. Surely because we had the best front 3 of the world back then. I suspect playing him there now means that we are not as good on the wings.

Plus when he was down the middle we were all moaning that he should be in his natural right forward position.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5131: Sep 26, 2022 10:12:25 am
      Plus when he was down the middle we were all moaning that he should be in his natural right forward position.

The last time I actually remember him playing through the middle was when we played Saints about 4 years ago when Salah scored and I think Shaq got 2 before getting hooked at half time. I'm sure he's probably started through the middle since then but for some weird reason this is the last time I can actually remember.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5132: Oct 01, 2022 06:16:57 pm
      How is Salah drawing a wage…….
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,233 posts | 744 
      Reply #5133: Oct 01, 2022 06:55:04 pm
      How is Salah drawing a wage…….
      It is the incomprehensible wage that is preventing him being dropped.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5134: Oct 01, 2022 06:57:27 pm
      he needs his arse kicking and benching for a few games and let others like Nunez have a go
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,233 posts | 744 
      Reply #5135: Oct 01, 2022 07:09:58 pm
      he needs his arse kicking and benching for a few games and let others like Nunez have a go

If he isn't benched then he just keeps putting in these half arsed performances....He needs to understand this central point: We supporters don't bye and large give a toss about his wages, but we give a toss that he performs to a level were he justify's them, and I don't mean the odd game here and there, but every game, week in week out.
      .........And every man and his dog can see he plainly isn't, and hasn't for quite some time.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,036 posts | 2091 
      Reply #5136: Oct 01, 2022 07:31:43 pm
      350k a week for these performances. What do the rest of his team mates think?

Bench him. If he can't find that form or get close to his best then f**k that new contract of his and sell him for whatever next summer.

Not having it when a player and his dick head agent throw the club in uncertainty for a season, gets what he wants with an extortionate wage bill and is now putting in performances like that.

Disgraceful and the potential to be a deeply damaging liability given that contract. 350k a week can buy you a lot but it loses any sympathy or desire to hand him the 'benefit of the doubt'.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,867 posts | 165 
      Reply #5137: Oct 01, 2022 10:58:44 pm
      Not worth 350quid a week let alone 1000, needs to up up his game. What's he doing in training, couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo at the moment, used to be clinical, comical now...but know ones laughing
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5138: Oct 01, 2022 11:24:04 pm
      Everyone was cryarsing when it looked like he wasn't going to get a new contract, and same as hendo now he has people are moaning about it. Constantly using how much he earns as a stick to hit him with. Cheap and lazy.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,233 posts | 744 
      Reply #5139: Oct 02, 2022 12:09:09 am
      Everyone was cryarsing when it looked like he wasn't going to get a new contract, and same as hendo now he has people are moaning about it. Constantly using how much he earns as a stick to hit him with. Cheap and lazy.
      Not everyone...I for one disapproved of his(and his advisors)borderline blackmail tactics to secure his new contract. I also said earlier he has to earn his wages, regardless of the figure. Earning it in his case is scoring, or assisting goals and being committed to the high press. I think the consensus is he's not doing enough of any of these enough. His wage is linked to his status, broadly deserved for what he's done over the years, but I think many of us feel if you get more, you do more.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,904 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5140: Oct 02, 2022 07:56:52 am

Agreed.

He isn't putting in half-hearted performances at all, people just see what they want to see to suit the narrative.

Mo is constantly hustling and bustling to make things happen, and he is getting chances week in and week out, where he is struggling is his composure and clinical finishing which happens when confidence is low, but he isn't walking around the pitch, sulking like the RB behind him.

Salah has never been one who puts away every shot he touches, he has always scored 2 out of 8 shots or good chances, but now he isn't finishing any of them and it is adding pressure to his game.

I thought he was a threat against Brighton and constantly was moving their defence around floating out wide and also being quite central at times, this allowed Bobby more and more space.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,953 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5141: Oct 02, 2022 08:43:30 am

Was thinking the same thing, presently gone from the best player in the world to many fans now wanting him benched. I thought us Mancs could moan but you lot knock us out of the park.  ;D
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,233 posts | 744 
      Reply #5142: Oct 02, 2022 11:10:45 am
      Was thinking the same thing, presently gone from the best player in the world to many fans now wanting him benched. I thought us Mancs could moan but you lot knock us out of the park.  ;D
      Being critical, or moaning if you prefer is the only way a supporter can register their frustrations. All teams, All sports...it's
      basically a primal scream to share the pain.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 2811 
      Reply #5143: Oct 02, 2022 11:47:13 am
      The issue is the front line is not balanced. Jota and Diaz have both looked uncomfortable out on the right and Elliott doesn't have the pace for the role. Which leaves Salah (like Trent and Fabinho) with no real competition for his position.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,953 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5144: Oct 02, 2022 11:49:47 am
      Being critical, or moaning if you prefer is the only way a supporter can register their frustrations. All teams, All sports...it's

Yeah that’s a fair point.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5145: Oct 02, 2022 12:55:52 pm
      only a fool would say the Contract negotiations didnt affect Mo and then the Afcon and this calendar year has been his worst in his time here, 3 finals not a goal just when we needed a Mo Salah he disappeared .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #5146: Oct 02, 2022 01:23:50 pm

Gave the wrong African the contract.

You seen anything this season to say he's worth what Hhe's getting paid?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #5147: Oct 02, 2022 01:24:51 pm

You could support the team. I did that yesterday in the ground. You could try that!!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,904 posts | 818 
      Reply #5148: Oct 02, 2022 01:44:02 pm
      Gave the wrong African the contract.

You seen anything this season to say he's worth what Hhe's getting paid?

Don't think any of our players this season have shown their worth in regards to what they are being paid.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #5149: Oct 02, 2022 01:48:40 pm
      Don't think any of our players this season have shown their worth in regards to what they are being paid.

Diaz and Ali have.

Salah's not been worth a tenner, never mind what he's being paid
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,152 posts | 1090 
      Reply #5150: Oct 02, 2022 02:27:10 pm

Come on now. Diaz, Bobby, Ali, and Harvey are all having very good seasons thus far. I couldn't say enough about Diaz work rate, Elliot has shined in an other wise abysmal MF, Bobby leads in both assist and goals, and Ali is the best keeper in the world. It's not all bad. Just gotta hope the manager can turn things around, and that starts with leaving your feelings at home and okaying the right players atm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,904 posts | 818 
      Reply #5151: Oct 02, 2022 02:30:54 pm
      Come on now. Diaz, Bobby, Ali, and Harvey are all having very good seasons thus far. I couldn't say enough about Diaz work rate, Elliot has shined in an other wise abysmal MF, Bobby leads in both assist and goals, and Ali is the best keeper in the world. It's not all bad. Just gotta hope the manager can turn things around, and that starts with leaving your feelings at home and okaying the right players atm

My point was you cannot single out pay vs how they are playing for just Salah, but yeah Diaz, Ali and Harvey I agree have no complaints from me but Bobby has only recently found his form.

Quick Reply