Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 562720 times
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,231 posts | 744 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #5152: Oct 02, 2022 02:32:08 pm
      You could support the team. I did that yesterday in the ground. You could try that!!
      I could buy a very nice house with the money I've spent going in the kop and all around the country watching them.
      Criticism is a valid, and core part of being a supporter. Me not being there yesterday, just like you being there wouldn't and couldn't influence the result....You know that
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,149 posts | 8540 
      Reply #5153: Oct 02, 2022 02:34:54 pm
      I could buy a very nice house with the money I've spent going in the kop and all around the country watching them.
      Criticism is a valid, and core part of being a supporter. Me not being there yesterday, just like you being there wouldn't and couldn't influence the result....You know that

And all your fancy words and clichés are the same!! Think on eh lad.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,231 posts | 744 
      Reply #5154: Oct 02, 2022 02:45:46 pm
      And all your fancy words and clichés are the same!! Think on eh lad.
      Choose not to read them then, it's not obligatory....Oh dear perhaps obligatory might be too fancy a word for you.
      Come on you're probably past the short trousers, try engaging in dialogue instead of the predictable petty and juvenile insults...  you might enjoy it!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5155: Oct 02, 2022 02:52:48 pm
      Gave the wrong African the contract.

You seen anything this season to say he's worth what Hhe's getting paid?

On this season you could say the same for most of the team bar ali
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,149 posts | 8540 
      Reply #5156: Oct 02, 2022 02:58:58 pm
      On this season you could say the same for most of the team bar ali

And Diaz.

Diaz has been our one outstanding attacker so far. Pace of our play looked well off yesterday until Luis came on.
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Reply #5157: Oct 02, 2022 03:04:37 pm
      The issue is the front line is not balanced. Jota and Diaz have both looked uncomfortable out on the right and Elliott doesn't have the pace for the role. Which leaves Salah (like Trent and Fabinho) with no real competition for his position.
      Hey soz because I think I replied to your post in the Trent thread, not doing this to start a fallout here.
      Hey right who says we have to have 3 forwards? two pushed out wide, is this the new law we have at LFC, get two strikers in the box man, get back to basics, have interchangeable creative forwards in midfield on the wings supporting those two, new radical coaching called normal football, all this he's a winger not a striker lark got old long ago for me. 442. Nunez, Diaz/Jota as the strikers.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 858 
      Reply #5158: Oct 02, 2022 07:50:30 pm
      I guess he's paying the price for being the face/star of the team. With that said, I'm not sure why some people are choosing to isolate him more than anybody else bar TAA. Was probably our 2nd or 3rd best player in the first half of the game yesterday after Alisson. He was involved in all of the few chances we created in that half and ended up assisting Bobby's goal. Only watched about 20 minutes of the second half before sparing myself the torture and turning it off so I'm not sure if he was as catastrophic as some here are saying.

Fact is he is playing pretty bad by his standard, but the whole team is shocking and, honestly, by the standard the team has shown as a whole, he is still one of our best players, even on that form, which begs the question of what is expected of him? Is the team supposed to play this bad and he saves the day with a hat-trick every game? My logic is we can talk all we want about whoever we field at the top (Jota, Salah, Bobby, etc.), but the truth is if you're going to concede 2+ goals/game every game and expect them to win the game on their own by scoring more than the opponent then we are kidding ourselves. Some of you are also going to be surprised to learn that not having the ball most of the game and losing it in midfield before we even have time to think about creating anything is not going to get us goals no matter who you field upfront.

At the end of the day, this team is built on the idea of pressing the opposition, winning the ball back quickly and high up the pitch and, from there, create. That's what those guys upfront are playing for and that's what they need. We're doing non of that in the middle of the park (except for Thiago, god bless his soul) and the cherry on the cake is that our backline, inside the first 15 minutes of 90% of the games we've played this season, has indirectly told those guys upfront ''F**k you, go on and score a minimum of two if you even want to think about winning this game. I'm on vacation, sorry''.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,231 posts | 744 
      Reply #5159: Oct 02, 2022 08:54:50 pm
      I guess he's paying the price for being the face/star of the team. With that said, I'm not sure why some people are choosing to isolate him more than anybody else bar TAA. Was probably our 2nd or 3rd best player in the first half of the game yesterday after Alisson. He was involved in all of the few chances we created in that half and ended up assisting Bobby's goal. Only watched about 20 minutes of the second half before sparing myself the torture and turning it off so I'm not sure if he was as catastrophic as some here are saying.

Fact is he is playing pretty bad by his standard, but the whole team is shocking and, honestly, by the standard the team has shown as a whole, he is still one of our best players, even on that form, which begs the question of what is expected of him? Is the team supposed to play this bad and he saves the day with a hat-trick every game? My logic is we can talk all we want about whoever we field at the top (Jota, Salah, Bobby, etc.), but the truth is if you're going to concede 2+ goals/game every game and expect them to win the game on their own by scoring more than the opponent then we are kidding ourselves. Some of you are also going to be surprised to learn that not having the ball most of the game and losing it in midfield before we even have time to think about creating anything is not going to get us goals no matter who you field upfront.

At the end of the day, this team is built on the idea of pressing the opposition, winning the ball back quickly and high up the pitch and, from there, create. That's what those guys upfront are playing for and that's what they need. We're doing non of that in the middle of the park (except for Thiago, god bless his soul) and the cherry on the cake is that our backline, inside the first 15 minutes of 90% of the games we've played this season, has indirectly told those guys upfront ''f**k you, go on and score a minimum of two if you even want to think about winning this game. I'm on vacation, sorry''.

It's often difficult to apply a metric to a negative, ie. What's your most disliked film?....Or, What's your least favourite food? So when the whole team is underperforming (bar the keeper) it is difficult to quantify who was worse.
       When faced with difficult questions people will often replace the question with one they can answer. So in this case it would be Who played the worst?, which we ignore and substitute with; Salah should be the best player (by value/status) and so if he underperforms, as like the others, then due to him being ranked highest, he's perceived as the worst. But that wasn't the question. Short answer: Higher the profile, higher the scrutiny.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 858 
      Reply #5160: Oct 02, 2022 09:13:57 pm
      It's often difficult to apply a metric to a negative, ie. What's your most disliked film?....Or, What's your least favourite food? So when the whole team is underperforming (bar the keeper) it is difficult to quantify who was worse.
       When faced with difficult questions people will often replace the question with one they can answer. So in this case it would be Who played the worst?, which we ignore and substitute with; Salah should be the best player (by value/status) and so if he underperforms, as like the others, then due to him being ranked highest, he's perceived as the worst. But that wasn't the question. Short answer: Higher the profile, higher the scrutiny.
      I agree with every word. He's paying the ''superstar'' tax which is, like you said, take the brunt of the critic whenever the team is underperforming.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,149 posts | 8540 
      Reply #5161: Oct 03, 2022 06:37:55 pm
      I agree with every word. He's paying the ''superstar'' tax which is, like you said, take the brunt of the critic whenever the team is underperforming.

He's not scoring. He's not beating players anymore. Age is also catching up, hence his lightening pace is declining a tad. It's F**k all to do with "superstar" tag and more to do with what he's doing on the pitch.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,231 posts | 744 
      Reply #5162: Oct 03, 2022 07:07:32 pm
      He's not scoring. He's not beating players anymore. Age is also catching up, hence his lightening pace is declining a tad. It's f**k all to do with "superstar" tag and more to do with what he's doing on the pitch.
      Or more tellingly what he's not doing on the pitch. You are right in that he isn't playing poorly due to his Superstar status, the point was it's because of his his perceived status that he attracts the most scrutiny.
      As you allude: He is giving us nothing at the minute, or for quite some time if we're honest....he needs dropping
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,202 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5163: Oct 03, 2022 08:15:55 pm
      About time Jürgen dropped him, his form is awful
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #5164: Oct 03, 2022 09:00:16 pm
      Or more tellingly what he's not doing on the pitch. You are right in that he isn't playing poorly due to his Superstar status, the point was it's because of his his perceived status that he attracts the most scrutiny.
      As you allude: He is giving us nothing at the minute, or for quite some time if we're honest....he needs dropping

The warning signs were there since he came back from AFCON. Who knows why, but he is not the same player that left for the tournament.

2 goals in 7 league games is just shocking and unacceptable and he deserves the scrutiny not just because he was our top scorer from his first day here but because of all the noise he (through his agent) made during the contract extension negotiations wanting to be paid over the wage structure everyone else plays under.

Starting last year he's done more talking than doing, with things like  "i want to play Real Madrid in the final for revenge" then going scoreless, followed by "i wish i could play the final again". He should have had his football do the talking on the field.
      Newdawn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 75 
      Reply #5165: Oct 03, 2022 09:41:13 pm
      The warning signs were there since he came back from AFCON. Who knows why, but he is not the same player that left for the tournament.

2 goals in 7 league games is just shocking and unacceptable and he deserves the scrutiny not just because he was our top scorer from his first day here but because of all the noise he (through his agent) made during the contract extension negotiations wanting to be paid over the wage structure everyone else plays under.

Starting last year he's done more talking than doing, with things like  "i want to play Real Madrid in the final for revenge" then going scoreless, followed by "i wish i could play the final again". He should have had his football do the talking on the field.

This was my issue. The agent sh*t. Why keep talking through your agent whilst you're personally on a absolute sh*te run of form. I believe we've seen the end of Salah as we know it. It's the £350pw curse I'm telling ya.

Aubemayang was on fire until he signed that contract. De Gea, Ozil just to name a few more.

The miss against Bournemouth tells us all we need to know.

Mane done so much for this team and was so selfless. Salah seems to be the total opposite of Sadio.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,231 posts | 744 
      Reply #5166: Oct 03, 2022 10:16:19 pm

His remarks about wanting to play the final again were insulting and childish...I can't tell you how mad that made me at the time. Wishes...just go out and score a F***ing goal, what you're paid for!!!!!!!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,162 posts | 4903 
      Reply #5167: Oct 04, 2022 08:37:20 am
      Very worrying now.

As HR said about he's not scoring but even worse he seems incapable of beating a man.

Looks a shadow of himself
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,149 posts | 8540 
      Reply #5168: Oct 04, 2022 02:15:37 pm

Can't argue that last bit, there are some I know who feel exactly the same, drop him for a game or two.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,928 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5169: Oct 04, 2022 02:28:02 pm
      Can't argue that last bit, there are some I know who feel exactly the same, drop him for a game or two.

You can have a argument in a empty room.  :f_whistle:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,202 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5170: Oct 04, 2022 02:34:13 pm
      Very worrying now.

As HR said about he's not scoring but even worse he seems incapable of beating a man.

Looks a shadow of himself

He has got his big pay day…………
      HarryJules12
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #5171: Oct 05, 2022 02:53:57 pm
      Well taken penalty from Mo last night. Not the greatest game and a bit anonymous but I think he does offer something to the team still
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #5172: Oct 05, 2022 08:04:39 pm
      The dude is grossly overpaid. To justify that much money he'd need to score 30 goals per season or to be an assist machine like KDB. He'll do neither and it was telegraphed a long time ago. He's our luxury pet. He's one reason we are stuck in 2nd gear.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5173: Oct 06, 2022 04:13:13 pm
      The dude is grossly overpaid. To justify that much money he'd need to score 30 goals per season or to be an assist machine like KDB. He'll do neither and it was telegraphed a long time ago. He's our luxury pet. He's one reason we are stuck in 2nd gear.

Bollocks. He's created 25 chances this season, second only to KDB. One of them has had Foden and Haaland on the end of a lot of the created chances
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #5174: Oct 09, 2022 06:34:46 pm
      What’s up with him?

Can’t even be bothered to try these days.

Quick Reply