Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 569075 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,029 posts | 531 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #5175: Oct 09, 2022 06:40:51 pm
      Obviously Jürgen feels he needs a kick up the arse but the substitition didn't really work. I actually thought Mo had been pretty good in the first half, although had faded a bit in the second. Be interesting to see his response next game.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #5176: Oct 09, 2022 06:50:53 pm
      What’s up with him?

Can’t even be bothered to try these days.

Doesn't have to try when he knows it's Henderson's who taking his place on the right side.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5177: Oct 09, 2022 06:56:46 pm
      Honestly haven't really jumped on him yet so far through appreciation for what he has done for us, but my god he is stinking the place up badly... the AFCON and money have well and truly fu**ed him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #5178: Oct 09, 2022 07:01:47 pm
      He was on fire last season before the Afcon and his contract and since Jan this year nothing compared to his old goal scoring. Doesnt deserve a place but who can replace him
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,029 posts | 531 
      Reply #5179: Oct 09, 2022 07:35:38 pm
      Obviously he's been well below his best since Afcon. But all players form goes up and down. It was only about a year ago that most people on here were writing off Mane - "his legs have gone, he's lost his pace, he can't score, he just keeps falling over" etc. Truth is he was just out of form, and he got it back, and so will Mo sooner or later.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #5180: Oct 09, 2022 07:48:02 pm
      Hard to know whats up with Mo, but when he shoots, it's with no conviction.
      Not awful in general play, though some of the old physicality missing.
      Dunno, its like looking at a shell of a man.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #5181: Oct 09, 2022 07:54:40 pm
      Obviously he's been well below his best since Afcon. But all players form goes up and down. It was only about a year ago that most people on here were writing off Mane - "his legs have gone, he's lost his pace, he can't score, he just keeps falling over" etc. Truth is he was just out of form, and he got it back, and so will Mo sooner or later.

mate its more than 10 months since he was any good for us form changes for sure but not almost for a year
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,293 posts | 1664 
      Reply #5182: Oct 09, 2022 08:00:34 pm
      All the circus around his contract and then finally getting huge amounts to then not really back it up  is quite rightly  pissing a few off
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 863 
      Reply #5183: Oct 09, 2022 08:01:05 pm
      Not sure what's up, but then again, I'm not sure what's up with most of the team
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #5184: Oct 09, 2022 08:08:29 pm
      Not sure what's up, but then again, I'm not sure what's up with most of the team

Still think it's to with a tactical change with him having to stay wide, but is hardly delivering anything, not beating a man and in general has been looking laboured.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5185: Oct 09, 2022 08:31:32 pm
      Still think it's to with a tactical change with him having to stay wide, but is hardly delivering anything, not beating a man and in general has been looking laboured.

Loads to do with that Pete. Would like to see him more central but then, who have we got on the right?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #5186: Oct 09, 2022 08:35:06 pm
      Loads to do with that Pete. Would like to see him more central but then, who have we got on the right?

My argument for a while, no actual replacement for Mo. Brother made a shout earlier in the game. Pushing Trent up, with Gomez in behind Trent.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5187: Oct 09, 2022 08:44:01 pm
      My argument for a while, no actual replacement for Mo. Brother made a shout earlier in the game. Pushing Trent up, with Gomez in behind Trent.

It's a shout like
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,072 posts | 3438 
      Reply #5188: Oct 09, 2022 08:46:34 pm

The issue is imo we have bought a number 9 who fills that gap that Mo used to drift into - Mo seems to spend more time out wide at the moment , Núñez against us last season was a beast playing wide and the goal he scored today was him drifting from a wide areas. Either they are still finding their space or Mo is being asked to stay wider
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,029 posts | 531 
      Reply #5189: Oct 09, 2022 08:48:03 pm

Oi, that's my idea!
      Was wanting us to do that for this very game. (Not so much to help Salah as to help Trent, and our defence. But it might help Salah as well.)
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #5190: Oct 09, 2022 09:00:04 pm
      That wallet must be weighing heavily.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,250 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5191: Oct 09, 2022 09:38:42 pm
      Don’t know why Salah walked off with a kipper on his face, he was awful again and it’s been going on for weeks
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #5192: Oct 09, 2022 09:42:46 pm
      I really hoped that summer holiday he kept showing us would refresh him and he'd come back firing this season. It has not happened.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,029 posts | 531 
      Reply #5193: Oct 09, 2022 09:47:36 pm
      mate its more than 10 months since he was any good for us form changes for sure but not almost for a year

Mane had been out of form for months this time last year Walton mate. He didn't really get back to top form until after Afcon, so he was below par for about a year I would say.

(And for those saying Salah's poor form is following his new contract - he was out of form long before that. That's not any consolation, but it does mean - hopefully - that it is just a genuine loss of form, and not him putting his feet up after getting the deal he wanted.)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #5194: Oct 09, 2022 09:48:11 pm

but he scored so many incredible goals coming in from the right he can hardly beat a man now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #5195: Oct 09, 2022 09:50:37 pm
      Mane had been out of form for months this time last year Walton mate. He didn't really get back to top form until after Afcon, so he was below par for about a year I would say.

(And for those saying Salah's poor form is following his new contract - he was out of form long before that. That's not any consolation, but it does mean - hopefully - that it is just a genuine loss of form, and not him putting his feet up after getting the deal he wanted.)

correct me if I am wrong but he was on fire before the Afcon and then he was away his contract became a big issue until the end of the season and didnt score much at all even less if you took away his penalties. With Mo it is so obvious because of just how incredible he was compared to now. Mo was touted and rightly so as the best forward in the world seems a long time ago that
      Don77

• 6,545 posts | 1093 
      Reply #5196: Oct 09, 2022 09:51:29 pm
      but he scored so many incredible goals coming in from the right he can hardly beat a man now.

Down to desire. I don't see it in Mo. I don't see it in his eyes. And I can say that about plenty of them.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,029 posts | 531 
      Reply #5197: Oct 09, 2022 09:58:07 pm
      correct me if I am wrong but he was on fire before the Afcon and then he was away his contract became a big issue until the end of the season and didnt score much at all even less if you took away his penalties. With Mo it is so obvious because of just how incredible he was compared to now. Mo was touted and rightly so as the best forward in the world seems a long time ago that

A year ago it was Mo, Messi and Ronaldo. Now Mo is off form, Man U supposedly can't find a club to offload Ronaldo to, and Messi is coming back in to form after having a poor year himself. Can happen to the best. Hopefully it happens to Haaland sooner rather than later! (Actually he can save his bad form to next season, when we are back in the running.)

Quick Reply