Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 564421 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #5198: Oct 10, 2022 08:59:28 am
      Don’t know why Salah walked off with a kipper on his face, he was awful again and it’s been going on for weeks

Spot on. I was annoyed that he was annoyed about the decision. He's lucky he lasted as long as he did!!!

What shits me is another no name Left Back this season making Mo look like a Championship player.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5199: Oct 10, 2022 09:55:47 am
      Dropped him from my FF team. he will now score loads. l o l
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5200: Oct 10, 2022 09:56:54 am
      Spot on. I was annoyed that he was annoyed about the decision. He's lucky he lasted as long as he did!!!

What shits me is another no name Left Back this season making Mo look like a Championship player.

He is not taking people on the same as he used too, did it once yesterday and got joy, then never did it again.

Cant see him starting Wednesday, I fancy Elliott to start right wing.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 828 posts | 298 
      Reply #5201: Oct 10, 2022 10:50:15 am

I did that a couple of weeks ago and it didn't improve his form.
      Used the money to buy Haaland, who is now my captain. Very depressing,
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #5202: Oct 10, 2022 11:04:18 am
      Maybe we should have cashed in on him if he is on the decline.

Not seen him beat a single LB this season, previously he would just skin players through sheer pace.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5203: Oct 10, 2022 11:37:48 am
      I did that a couple of weeks ago and it didn't improve his form.
      Used the money to buy Haaland, who is now my captain. Very depressing,

Ive had haaland from day 1, but never captained him. doh
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5204: Oct 10, 2022 11:38:32 am
      Maybe we should have cashed in on him if he is on the decline.

Not seen him beat a single LB this season, previously he would just skin players through sheer pace.

Not been the same since Afcon etc.

I think if team was playing better he would be better.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,260 posts | 757 
      Reply #5205: Oct 10, 2022 06:58:29 pm
      I can't envisage a scenario where he gets back to anywhere near where he was...not with us...Just honestly can't see it.

There's a behavioural cusp in psychology which attempts to explain why people peak at a certain level but don't go further. If you are routinely being lauded for something at a certain level, it's common sense that you then keep doing that because you enjoy the plaudits. To get to the next level will have risks, you might try something and fail, opening yourself to criticism, so most just play it safe and carry on with what we know has worked. The obvious problem being you become predictable. Is this Salah's predicament?
      « Last Edit: Oct 11, 2022 10:23:06 am by Longy-Shops »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #5206: Oct 10, 2022 08:11:35 pm
      but he scored so many incredible goals coming in from the right he can hardly beat a man now.

Yeah but he wasn't fully hugging the touchline, how many tests has he received that ball to cut in, plus when he loses possession, he doesn't even have the same fire in him to win the ball back. I think I've seen him do it once this season in the defeat to the mancs
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #5207: Oct 12, 2022 12:31:51 am
      Play him just oustide the box, just off Nunez. Once they click as a front 2, they and we will be unstopable!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #5208: Oct 12, 2022 03:19:58 pm
      I'd prefer to see him on the bench today or even outside of the squad. Take a couple of days off, watch the game from the TV or from the stands. My only problem with my and other people judgment on him is that the whole team is performing like sh*t. He was never the winger who takes the ball and runs with it at defenders except for little moments of genius, meaning that he's not  the guy you go to for individual brilliance when the team is not performing. Mo is about running into space and beating the last defender and the GK or being at the right place at the right moment to slot in a rebound or a tap in, etc.

First, he is not receiving that type of service at all this year and if you watch closely, he is making those runs. Actually, if you focus on him during spells where we have the ball, you will get frustrated because the ratio of smart runs and calls being made to attempted passes in his direction is pretty bad (one reason for that is we can't keep the ball nowadays, we let teams press us like we usually press others). I'd also like to add that as much as I love Diaz, this kid can be frustrating because he cuts inside so well, but 80% of the time he can't spot his teamates runs and especially not the far right ones from Mo, Trent and whoever is our RCM which is something that Mane was able to see and capitalize on. With that said, Mo's runs are also less effective because of my next point.

Second, I can't understand why he is playing so wide, it literally keeps him out of a huge portions of the little attacking action we manage to produce during games. It used to be that Mane would cut in from the left and automatically, like clockwork you know Mo is now in the box or on the very edge of it to receive a pass or hunting for a rebound. Now I see Diaz cutting in from the left, I look to the right and often Mo is almost hugging the line and Trent is the one who is much more central. Its the same when we have the ball in central areas of the pitch or even when the center-halves have it. We are used to see him camp in the half space and make runs from it, now he is hugging the line and

With that said, he is still performing with a certain lack of energy and when he has the ball at his feet it is way too easy to dispossess him and it becomes frustrating to watch him perform like that over the 90 minutes.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5209: Oct 12, 2022 10:00:59 pm
      As I said in the match day thread, different gravy when through the middle.

His goal scoring instincts are forced to come out when he is through the middle, all of his goals tonight were just on instinct.

When he is out wide he has too much time to overdo it and overthink it, I would much rather see him play an inside right position or be our sole striker at the minute.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5210: Oct 12, 2022 10:01:52 pm
      Please be back for good, please be back...
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5211: Oct 12, 2022 10:17:32 pm
      Seeing him with young Harvey was really sweet. That was vintage Mo and it doesnt matter it was Rangers his finishing and touch tonight was just superb
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #5212: Oct 12, 2022 10:32:39 pm
      That was a real throwback. Brilliant Mo.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,260 posts | 757 
      Reply #5213: Oct 12, 2022 10:35:45 pm
      I won't hide the fact I've hammered him on here for some time, and he looked lost in a lot of those games.  Having got the taste back, he'll be hungry for more. Looked a bit like a wounded animal tonight, came on as if he wanted to prove his critics wrong. He did.
      He will be at it against City.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #5214: Oct 12, 2022 11:15:21 pm
      Seeing him with young Harvey was really sweet. That was vintage Mo and it doesnt matter it was Rangers his finishing and touch tonight was just superb

Yup. He might have scored 3 goals tonight, but that sweet moment with Harvey was the highlight of the night for me.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,753 posts | 861 
      Reply #5215: Oct 12, 2022 11:23:56 pm
      Well well well. First time we see him drift through central area in a long while and guess what, he bags a hattrick
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #5216: Oct 13, 2022 12:03:31 am
      5 minute hattie. Get the f**k in!!!

« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2022 12:29:36 am by AussieRed »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #5217: Oct 13, 2022 12:31:33 am
      Love this!
      Salah 38 goals
      Drogba 36 goals
      Sergio Aguero 36 goals

Mohamed Salah succeeded in overcoming two legends in the European Championship.
      He became the player to score the most goals in the history of the Champions League with one English team. Egyptian 👑

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5218: Oct 13, 2022 05:33:54 pm
      Mo just got his mojo back
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5219: Oct 14, 2022 10:55:59 am

you should have dropped him weeks ago if that was all it would take to get him scoring again
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5220: Oct 14, 2022 10:57:40 am
      Been a lot of talk about Mo's demeanour but if he went off after not scoring high fiving and smiling, he would get slaughtered. Think he will be out to show th eWorld he is still the Mo we love on Sunday

Quick Reply