Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 568758 times
      Don77, IrishRed_IO, CT_LFC and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.
      RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 815 posts | 134 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #6164: Apr 09, 2024 11:05:45 am
      See the Saudi story has been resurrected.....(if in fact it ever went away)
      Wonder if the new manager (whoever it is) will think 200mill would buy him a replacement and leave some change for tying others down to new contracts????
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6165: Apr 09, 2024 11:11:08 am
      That's your guess...fair enough...but you don't know that for sure....there's no way you could know.
      You don't really believe he was labouring with fatigue at Utd....You've made a suggestion and you feel the need to defend it...He wasn't tired.

Doesn’t that work both ways though Longy.  RC9 makes an assumption that it could be fatigue which is plausible. Just as you don’t know it wasn’t? I actually think it’s possible, but yes, it’s just me second guessing.
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 165 
      Reply #6166: Apr 09, 2024 11:16:38 am
      Wonder if the new manager (whoever it is) will think 200mill would buy him a replacement and leave some change for tying others down to new contracts????

They offered 100m + 50m add ons last summer, no chance we get more than that this summer. They might have more money than brains but they're not completely pig sh*t thick.

I reckon we'll end up selling close to the 100m mark. The 350k a week Salah will be giving up alone can be used to tie Trent or Virg down to a new contract.

RedBelle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 815 posts | 134 
      Reply #6167: Apr 09, 2024 11:21:17 am
      I love Mo. I love him when he's scoring. I love him when he's not. He's been a great player for us.
      It may be fasting, it may be tired, it may be that he is at the minute just simply not feeling great - we don't know what's going on with any player at any given time.
      Yes they are lucky as they don't have any money worries etc like so many people but they actually do have real lives and families like everyone else and who knows what is happening away from Kirkby and Anfield.
      He hasn't been at his best and we all can see that but I'd sooner he was here than anywhere else! (unless of course we get 300mill for him which isn't likely!)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #6168: Apr 09, 2024 11:23:11 am
      If there was a drop off in stamina to the level that you suggest, the club would no doubt be aware of it, and wouldn't take the risk of playing him. I didn't see any noticeable lack of energy on Sunday...he certainly didn't miss from 3 yards out due to tiredness....he missed because players sometimes miss. I think the fasting excuse is exagerated.

I was pondering this point when realising Ramadan coincided with the game and questioned whether fasting would affect Mo.
      Being a Muslim and having to alter his diet on a regular basis would be an accepted practice for Mo and he would be mentally and physically conditioned to overcome any discomfort, a none believer would find it difficult to accept such conditions.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,070 posts | 3436 
      Reply #6169: Apr 09, 2024 11:34:46 am

If they offered £150mil for him then it’s certainly something worth considering when his contract is due to run out in 2025 and nothing signed yet
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 837 
      Reply #6170: Apr 09, 2024 11:53:12 am
      Still has 2 years left in him, I prefer to renew his contract for another year
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #6171: Apr 09, 2024 11:53:14 am
      No chance we get over £100 million now, I think £70 - £80 million more likely, maybe £100 million with add ons... but as great as he is, he'll be 32 going into the new season with barely a contract left... I'd still say that is great business, and it gives funds to the new manager to crack on straight away, unless he is dead set on keeping Mo that is.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,316 posts | 775 
      Reply #6172: Apr 09, 2024 11:59:42 am
      Doesn’t that work both ways though Longy.  RC9 makes an assumption that it could be fatigue which is plausible. Just as you don’t know it wasn’t? I actually think it’s possible, but yes, it’s just me second guessing.
      Hundreds of thousands of people watched that match, I haven't read one editorial by any journalist, from any outlet saying Salah looked tired.
      I've read a million articles saying his form since his injury has been inconsistent, or even poor by his usual high standards. Your own eyes watched the game...at no time did you think Salah looks fatigued....I'd actually say the opposite..he looked very lively to me. Football is all about fractions, if's and but's...he missed a shot fro 3 yards out, normally he'd hit the target 9 times out of 10....this was that one out of ten misses...it happens. Had Szobozlai not slid in and missed the cutback Mo was right behind him and might well have scored....but we don't live in a "Sliding Doors" world of alternative narratives...He wasn't tired.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6173: Apr 09, 2024 12:02:30 pm
      No chance we get over £100 million now, I think £70 - £80 million more likely, maybe £100 million with add ons... but as great as he is, he'll be 32 going into the new season with barely a contract left... I'd still say that is great business, and it gives funds to the new manager to crack on straight away, unless he is dead set on keeping Mo that is.

If the talk was right last year of around £200 million is true to prize him away Kop I defo think it’s comfortably over 100 million if he leaves in Summer. Like I keep saying, it’s a win win for the club getting so much for a player that’s going into his swan song years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6174: Apr 09, 2024 12:08:35 pm
      Hundreds of thousands of people watched that match, I haven't read one editorial by any journalist, from any outlet saying Salah looked tired.
      I've read a million articles saying his form since his injury has been inconsistent, or even poor by his usual high standards. Your own eyes watched the game...at no time did you think Salah looks fatigued....I'd actually say the opposite..he looked very lively to me. Football is all about fractions, if's and but's...he missed a shot fro 3 yards out, normally he'd hit the target 9 times out of 10....this was that one out of ten misses...it happens. Had Szobozlai not slid in and missed the cutback Mo was right behind him and might well have scored....but we don't live in a "Sliding Doors" world of alternative narratives...He wasn't tired.

So Salah told you he wasn’t tired? 😂 See where I’m coming  from Longy? RC9  comments are just as  valid as are yours. Only person who does know is Salah. Even they he could lie to his manager because he doesn’t want to miss out on such a pivot game, let’s be honest he always scores against us anyway even if he’s not firing on all cylinders. 😂

We move on with our opinions though.

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,070 posts | 3436 
      Reply #6175: Apr 09, 2024 12:46:00 pm
      Still has 2 years left in him, I prefer to renew his contract for another year

Question is will they offer the same level of wages as he is on now
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,070 posts | 3436 
      Reply #6176: Apr 09, 2024 12:46:53 pm

Think Saudis would easily pay over £100mil for him - would be a massive signing for them
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,882 posts | 421 
      Reply #6177: Apr 09, 2024 01:12:58 pm
      Think its finally time to sell you know. New era and all that. Take the money (probably 70) and reinvest it.

Still a class player but it's probably only down from now.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 879 posts | 102 
      Reply #6178: Apr 09, 2024 01:58:13 pm
      Invest it in a couple of Jotas
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6179: Apr 09, 2024 02:00:42 pm
      Think its finally time to sell you know. New era and all that. Take the money (probably 70) and reinvest it.

I’d buy him for 70 million and guarantee a great return on my investment. 😉😉😉
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 850 posts | 165 
      Reply #6180: Apr 09, 2024 02:04:02 pm

Well there's always a time to look to build for the future, we're about halfway through that process.....Mo at his age won't be part of that and surely we'd all rather get a good chunk for him than let him walk away for nothing.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,219 posts | 1221 
      Reply #6181: Apr 09, 2024 02:17:03 pm
      I don't like the idea of him leaving. 37 goals/assists so far this season. Aged 31 so he's still got a couple of seasons in him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #6182: Apr 09, 2024 02:23:40 pm

Is correct, Salah was well up for it, his reaction and commitment were there for all to see.
      It would be extremely surprising if this try out offer or any other bid for the player was considered viable.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #6183: Apr 09, 2024 02:38:48 pm
      Has his pace diminished...hard to say. One adversary you can't defeat is father time. He relies a lot on being physically superior to the defenders he goes against. If he can keep his body in good shape he's probably got 3 or 4 more good to maybe really good years left before it starts to be an uphill battle for him. I'd compare his fitness to Ronaldo who is still a pretty potent player, but the game does eventually pass everyone by. The trick is to know when to part ways when it's best for both parties. Glad I don't have to make that decision.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #6184: Apr 09, 2024 02:55:47 pm
      His goals have got us three points in the last week.

We've got much bigger problems than Mo Salah.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,882 posts | 421 
      Reply #6185: Apr 09, 2024 06:26:13 pm
      His goals have got us three points in the last week.

We've got much bigger problems than Mo Salah.

Yeah... but my feeling is Mo will want to leave this year and I cba with the slagging off he will get if he does.

Should part as a legend. 
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,569 posts | 732 
      Reply #6186: Apr 09, 2024 08:22:27 pm
      Yeah... but my feeling is Mo will want to leave this year

Based on what ?

Quick Reply