Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546468 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #805: May 03, 2018 10:53:33 am
      One of his poorest games for us this season which - incredibly - is barely even a criticism.

Was frustrated at him playing on the shoulder (and constantly getting caught offside) but I assume that was the instruction from Klopp.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #806: May 03, 2018 04:29:01 pm
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #807: May 05, 2018 01:57:47 am
      I just hope the lad gets 1 on Sunday whilst helping us to grab a point.  He deserves the single season goals record after the campaign he's had.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #808: May 05, 2018 10:38:44 am
      I just hope the lad gets 1 on Sunday whilst helping us to grab a point.  He deserves the single season goals record after the campaign he's had.
      When Ronaldo got the record a large chunk of goals were from Penalties, some from his own diving. Salah has equalled it clean, so he does deserve it.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #809: May 10, 2018 08:21:05 am
      Was very surprised to see Salah take  a dive the other day, tottaly out of character for this lad.
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2018 09:05:22 am by Keith Singleton »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #810: May 10, 2018 08:57:22 am
      Was very surprised to see Salah  a dive the other day, tottaly out of character for this lad.

I don't think he will be doing it again mate, was embarrassing that & for him personally...I'm sure we will see him firing in all cylinders in the next two games..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #811: May 10, 2018 09:08:07 am
      I don't think he will be doing it again mate, was embarrassing that & for him personally...I'm sure we will see him firing in all cylinders in the next two games..

Most great players have a kink in their armour of some sorts but yet to find one with Salah. Probably just a blip from his part. We're all human I suppose.  ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #812: May 10, 2018 09:14:59 am
      Was very surprised to see Salah  a dive the other day, tottaly out of character for this lad.

He's wrecked both physically and mentally.

The guy has just had the season of his life so far.

I think the dive was more out of tired desperation as it was out of character completely for Mo.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #813: May 10, 2018 09:15:13 am
      Most great players have a kink in their armour of some sorts but yet to find one with Salah. Probably just a blip from his part. We're all human I suppose.  ;D

Tiredness mate.

We all go the short route in life when weā€™re flagging.

The irony is it hurt him in the game - he didnā€™t get 3 or 4 free kicks he shouldā€™ve and normally wouldā€™ve after that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #814: May 10, 2018 10:26:10 am
      Tiredness mate.

We all go the short route in life when weā€™re flagging.

The irony is it hurt him in the game - he didnā€™t get 3 or 4 free kicks he shouldā€™ve and normally wouldā€™ve after that.
      We are getting a full week off so we'll  be okay against Brighton, then two weeks off! Real have just 6 days. I think we have the advantage here.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #815: May 10, 2018 10:37:37 am
      He's wrecked both physically and mentally.

The guy has just had the season of his life so far.

I think the dive was more out of tired desperation as it was out of character completely for Mo.

I think the huge issue he is having with the Egyptian FA is really affecting him.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #816: May 10, 2018 10:39:46 am
      We are getting a full week off so we'll  be okay against Brighton, then two weeks off! Real have just 6 days. I think we have the advantage here.

Yep agreed - was just referring to the ā€œdiveā€ Ribs......I just think it was a bad (split second) call Mo made borne out of physical / mental fatigue.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #817: May 10, 2018 11:14:57 am
      I think the huge issue he is having with the Egyptian FA is really affecting him.

What issue is he having with the Egyptian FA?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #818: May 10, 2018 02:26:19 pm
      Interesting comment this.. and I think its kinda true!

"It's possible not having the Ox playing behind him has been a big miss in terms of how often and quickly Salah is receiving the ball from midfield. With both Oxlade-Chamberlain and Adam Lallana out injured, it's clear that Liverpool lack a similar midfielder who can drive at teams with the ball from the No.10 position"

I may be wrong but I think Mo has been playing with his back to the goal far more frequently in the last few games than he did all season and part of the reason why he is struggling to break free of the last defender(s).

We need midfielders who can drive the ball forward and of the current 3 at our disposal, Milly seems to be the best bet. I hope he finds a whole new level for Kiev! I remember in the 2nd leg vs Roma, JĆ¼rgen actually shifted Milner to the right to help out TAA defensively and the kiddo is gonna be up against Ronaldo!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #819: May 10, 2018 02:33:36 pm
      Interesting comment this.. and I think its kinda true!

"It's possible not having the Ox playing behind him has been a big miss in terms of how often and quickly Salah is receiving the ball from midfield. With both Oxlade-Chamberlain and Adam Lallana out injured, it's clear that Liverpool lack a similar midfielder who can drive at teams with the ball from the No.10 position"

I may be wrong but I think Mo has been playing with his back to the goal far more frequently in the last few games than he did all season and part of the reason why he is struggling to break free of the last defender(s).

We need midfielders who can drive the ball forward and of the current 3 at our disposal, Milly seems to be the best bet. I hope he finds a whole new level for Kiev! I remember in the 2nd leg vs Roma, JĆ¼rgen actually shifted Milner to the right to help out TAA defensively and the kiddo is gonna be up against Ronaldo!

Couldn't agree more with that.

Wijnaldum is  probably the most able  to break through the lines ,  late runs into the box or thread balls through etc (pretty much what attacking mids do), but he is way too reserved which baffles me because he has everything to be a world class attacking or defensive midfielder.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #820: May 11, 2018 12:36:13 am
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #821: May 11, 2018 02:55:59 am
      Mohamed Salah delivers message on his Liverpool future

Top scorer has big ambitions going forward with the Reds.

By James Pearce

Mohamed Salah believes this is the start of a golden era for Liverpool as he declared: "I'm going nowhere."

The 43-goal top scorer dismissed speculation about his future after collecting two gongs at the Liverpool Players' Awards at Anfield.

Salah is relishing the prospect of helping the Reds secure a top-four Premier League finish against Brighton on Sunday before the attention turns to the Champions League final with Real Madrid on May 26.

The 25-year-old says he's excited about what this young team will go on to achieve with JĆ¼rgen Klopp at the helm and he intends to stick around.

"I'm very happy here, I'm very happy and everything is fine," Salah said.

"We have two games now starting with a game on Sunday. It's a very important game and then the Champions League final but I'm very happy here.

"Of course I have got ambitions for the future with Liverpool. As you can see we had a great season and now we are in the Champions League final and everyone is excited.

"This is just the start. This is my first year here and it is the same for some other players. I didn't watch all the games last season of the team but this year we have had an unbelievable year.

"We are very comfortable about playing in the Champions League next season. On the way to the final we beat top teams like Man City and Roma. It is just the beginning for this team."

Salah shrugged off concerns about his fitness after a below par display in the defeat to Chelsea last weekend.

He hasn't scored in the last three matches in all competitions - his longest goal drought since October.

"I've not scored for two (Premier League) games but I'm fine," he smiled.
      "If we didn't score for two games, it's not the end of the world, it is something normal.

"We have a game on Sunday then the Champions League final and I'm sure we will help each other."

He has broken a whole host of records en route to becoming the first Reds player to score 40-plus goals in a campaign since Ian Rush in the 1980s.

At Thursday night's awards at Anfield he collected the First Team Players' Player of the Season and the First Team Player of the Season prizes before flying to London to be presented with the Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year accolade.

He has already won the PFA Player of the Year and is to set to beat Harry Kane to the Premier League Golden Boot.

"I am very happy to win these awards," Salah said.

"I had a good season but without the help of my team-mates it would have been very difficult.

"We still have two games to go and we want to win them to make it a very good season. We have two finals to play and that's what we are focused on.

"We all try to help each other. We all try to give more and we all try to push each other. We are a team who fight for each other every day.
      "I work hard to help my team. Now I want to finish the season in a good

"We want to qualify for the Champions League next season and then we want to win the Champions League final. We will play to win against Real Madrid, but for now we are thinking only about Brighton. Then we will have 14 days to prepare for the final.

"It's always special to play in any final. We know it's not going to be easy. But we will give 100% to win the game and I am very excited about it."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mohamed-salah-delivers-message-liverpool-14642777

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #822: May 11, 2018 12:33:18 pm
      Shame he wonā€™t break the record of 47..or at least its looking that way. But none the less, what a season heā€™s had, incredible!

Should have an extra player of the month award too had it not been for Lovren getting one out of pity after the Spurs game.

I canā€™t remember any new signing having a debut season as good as this, not just for us but for any English team over the last 20years. Especially seeing as he had already had a bad time in England before so there was even more pressure on him to not have that happen again.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #823: May 11, 2018 12:41:25 pm
      Shame he wonā€™t break the record of 47..or at least its looking that way. But none the less, what a season heā€™s had, incredible!

Should have an extra player of the month award too had it not been for Lovren getting one out of pity after the Spurs game.

I canā€™t remember any new signing having a debut season as good as this, not just for us but for any English team over the last 20years. Especially seeing as he had already had a bad time in England before so there was even more pressure on him to not have that happen again.

Amazing debut season definitely the best in PL so far.

Even better than Aguero's first season for City which was superb.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #824: May 11, 2018 12:46:24 pm
      Amazing debut season definitely the best in PL so far.

Even better than Aguero's first season for City which was superb.

It was actually Aguero I was thinking of thatā€™s probably run him the closest, along with Nando.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #825: May 12, 2018 06:07:56 pm
      Nice to hear he thinks he can achieve all his dreams at Anfield lets hope that sentiment remains
      It would be nice to give the message to Real and Barca so they don't try to unsettle him as they did with Phil.
      Oh by the way Phil don't forget to watch the CL final in a fortnight you might recognise some of the faces.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #826: May 13, 2018 12:33:36 pm
      Mo Wins Premier League Player Of The Season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44099913

Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has won the Premier League's Player of the Season award.

The 25-year-old Egypt international has scored 31 goals in 37 league matches in his first season since signing from Roma for Ā£34m.

He will beat the record of 31 goals in a 38-game season if he scores against Brighton on Sunday.

Salah also won the PFA Player of the Year and Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year awards.

Salah, who had an unsuccessful spell at Chelsea from 2014 to 2016, has scored 43 goals in 50 games in all competitions for Liverpool.

"They say I didn't have success here the first time," he said.

"So it was always in my mind to have success here in the Premier League. I am very happy. I am very proud to win it."

Salah currently shares the record of 31 goals in a 38-game season with Alan Shearer (Blackburn Rovers, 1995-96), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United, 2007-08) and Luis Suarez (Liverpool, 2013-14).

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #827: May 13, 2018 05:07:16 pm
      Congrats on the golden boot Mo you could tell it meant the world to him!

Quick Reply