Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546402 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #920: May 28, 2018 02:48:20 pm
      It's embarrassing Everton type behaviour!!

So do you not think it was intentional then, I mean Ramos does have a LOT of previous on this.  Ramos is a perfect example of the cynical snide style of football favoured by many Spanish players, he is a F***ing disgrace.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #921: May 28, 2018 03:00:37 pm
      So do you not think it was intentional then, I mean Ramos does have a LOT of previous on this.  Ramos is a perfect example of the cynical snide style of football favoured by many Spanish players, he is a F***ing disgrace.

I think Ramos is a total c**t and said so in the match thread straight after the game. I won't be partaking in stupid F***ing petitions, the like Everton start every time they lose a derby through a referee's mistake.

Capiche!

leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #922: May 28, 2018 03:18:01 pm
      Hope MO is back playing soon, wish him the best and hopefully he'll be playing the WC, I'm sure it'll mean the world for him.

As for the petition, if UEFA is to punish Ramos should be for elbowing Karius on the head.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #923: May 28, 2018 03:42:04 pm
      There's a petition to UEFA to get Ramos punished. 330,000 signatures so far. UEFA will ignore it of course, but I signed it anyway -

https://www.change.org/p/uefa-uefa-fifa-should-punish-sergio-ramos-for-intentionally-hurting-mohamed-salah

Me too. Got stick off other supporters but F**k them!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #924: May 28, 2018 06:48:17 pm
      Not going to give that lower than vermin Ramos the time of day by recognising him even in a pointless petition. We all know what he's like and many of us warned about such filthy actions beforehand so there's not much to add.

I don't really care whether our players make it to the World Cup or not but this is an exception as his story is as entwined with Egypt as he is with Liverpool and for that I really hope that he is able to take to the fields in Russia this summer. It's something the Egyptian population certainly deserve as well. The World Cup is looking like a joke tournament as it is but someone like Salah and his story is capable of salvaging something great from it. Without him, I couldn't give a sh*t about the tournament.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #925: May 28, 2018 10:00:10 pm
      It's embarrassing Everton type behaviour!!

What, trying to injure our players? True.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #926: May 29, 2018 09:00:02 am
      its wonderfully normal behaviour for Uefa to totally ignore anything they choose to. GOd knows how many football supporters there are in the UEFA "family" but if there could be a way to bring them together we could change things like the debacle of ticket allocations and poor stadium allocations for final but it aint going to happen and players like Ramos will continue to be protected because they play for Real.
      Imagine what would have happened if Milner had done this to Ronaldo .
      The petition is getting towards 500,000 how much longer can UEFA ignore this ....the answer is as long as they want to because they are untouchable.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #927: May 29, 2018 09:52:40 am
      its wonderfully normal behaviour for Uefa to totally ignore anything they choose to. GOd knows how many football supporters there are in the UEFA "family" but if there could be a way to bring them together we could change things like the debacle of ticket allocations and poor stadium allocations for final but it aint going to happen and players like Ramos will continue to be protected because they play for Real.
      Imagine what would have happened if Milner had done this to Ronaldo .
      The petition is getting towards 500,000 how much longer can UEFA ignore this ....the answer is as long as they want to because they are untouchable.
      It will continue to be as bent as it is now mate & doesn't help when you've got a spineless bunch of tw*ts like the F.A who can't even back / support one of its own teams.
      Regarding Ramos he does what he does because he's a F***ing animal & a snide tw*t and has been getting away with it his whole career because he knows he is beyond reproach & as you say he plays for real.when the f**ker retires either by his own choice or preferably by another footballer retiring him  I can see him having a second career in either WWE or UFC.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #929: May 29, 2018 08:01:29 pm

Wouldn't surprise me if the dirty c**t had practised the move. I think it was actually Salah's right arm/shoulder he was trying to bring his full weight down on while he had his arm locked. I think Mo had to twist hard to protect his right arm and then came down hard on his left. Either way, he was trying to do him a serious injury, and he succeeded.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #930: May 29, 2018 08:44:55 pm
      Looks like he could miss the group stages, but possibly fit for KO stages.

Mohamed Salah faces a race against time to be fit for the World Cup with Liverpool's medical team believing he faces "three to four weeks" to recover from the injury he suffered in the Champions League final.

“We knew that it was something serious as soon as [Salah] fell on the ground because he never complains, we were afraid of the worst,” club physiotherapist Ruben Pons told Spanish daily newspaper Marca

“We were in the field until the break, I was devastated, I tried to transmit calmness, I told him that nothing could be done and that he did not worry too much, it was time to look for solutions and not to regret because things did not work.

"We were watching the game, we were looking at social networks and the security was telling us the result, Madrid has scored, we equalised. When we came back, the game was over, the whole team had changed and prepared for riding the team bus, we helped him change because he could not do it alone and we went to the airport.

“Once we knew the injury we planned the treatment, he is sad about what happened but he is totally focused on recovery and seeing when he can be ready. He is going to mark the recovery times, in principle it will be from three to four weeks but we are going to try to reduce those deadlines, that’s the big goal.”

Salah jetted out to Spain for treatment on Sunday with the Egyptian federation confirming the 25-year-old was in "high spirits" and "determined to return quickly to the ranks of the team".

He will receive treatment on the continent accompanied by the president of the Egyptian federation, the national team doctor and Liverpool medics.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/mohamed-salah-injury-update-latest-world-cup-2018-liverpool-egypt-sergio-ramos-how-long-recovery-a8374196.html
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #931: May 29, 2018 08:46:01 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me if the dirty c**t had practised the move. I think it was actually Salah's right arm/shoulder he was trying to bring his full weight down on while he had his arm locked. I think Mo had to twist hard to protect his right arm and then came down hard on his left. Either way, he was trying to do him a serious injury, and he succeeded.

In my opinion, in that moment, Ramos attempted to break Salah’s arm. He held onto his arm even when hitting the deck. That’s not a normal reaction, you’d put your hands out to break the fall normally. He’s a c**t, everyone knows it and EUFA will let him get away with it. I’m just surprised the club have not made more of a deal over it. I think most people realise it was a deliberate action. When sport loses it’s sportsmanship, there’s no point to it anymore. Even boxers show huge respect to each other after battering seven shades of sh*t out of each other. Ramos may be a serial winner, but his “at all costs” attitude is not only dangerous, it’s disrespectful to say the least...

« Last Edit: May 29, 2018 08:50:05 pm by MarkMitt »
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #932: May 29, 2018 09:23:32 pm
      Looks like he could miss the group stages, but possibly fit for KO stages.

Mohamed Salah faces a race against time to be fit for the World Cup with Liverpool's medical team believing he faces "three to four weeks" to recover from the injury he suffered in the Champions League final.

“We knew that it was something serious as soon as [Salah] fell on the ground because he never complains, we were afraid of the worst,” club physiotherapist Ruben Pons told Spanish daily newspaper Marca

“We were in the field until the break, I was devastated, I tried to transmit calmness, I told him that nothing could be done and that he did not worry too much, it was time to look for solutions and not to regret because things did not work.

"We were watching the game, we were looking at social networks and the security was telling us the result, Madrid has scored, we equalised. When we came back, the game was over, the whole team had changed and prepared for riding the team bus, we helped him change because he could not do it alone and we went to the airport.

“Once we knew the injury we planned the treatment, he is sad about what happened but he is totally focused on recovery and seeing when he can be ready. He is going to mark the recovery times, in principle it will be from three to four weeks but we are going to try to reduce those deadlines, that’s the big goal.”

Salah jetted out to Spain for treatment on Sunday with the Egyptian federation confirming the 25-year-old was in "high spirits" and "determined to return quickly to the ranks of the team".

He will receive treatment on the continent accompanied by the president of the Egyptian federation, the national team doctor and Liverpool medics.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/mohamed-salah-injury-update-latest-world-cup-2018-liverpool-egypt-sergio-ramos-how-long-recovery-a8374196.html

Good to know it's a pretty short recovery time. Hope he doesn't take any chances with it to get to play in the WC and then aggravates it. If it was dislocated then that's something that can happen again more easily for each time it happens, I think. The article doesn't actually say if it was dislocated or not though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #933: May 30, 2018 10:28:34 am
      Good to know it's a pretty short recovery time. Hope he doesn't take any chances with it to get to play in the WC and then aggravates it. If it was dislocated then that's something that can happen again more easily for each time it happens, I think. The article doesn't actually say if it was dislocated or not though.

Well he wouldn't aggravate it unless he fell on it again would he, its a shoulder injury not a leg injury. I reckon he'll play a part in the world cup and I just hope that somehow Egypt get to play Spain and Mo's team mates exact revenge on Ramos, double team the c**t, one player holding each arm pinned, in apparently a very natural way, and pile drive the tw*t into the ground face first.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #934: May 30, 2018 02:02:52 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #935: May 30, 2018 02:05:43 pm

I doubt Salah would be getting this much attention if he were at Real or Barca, same with Chelsea, PSG, Juventus and City.

number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #936: May 30, 2018 03:09:36 pm
      I'm sh*t scared to think about if something happens to his bad shoulder while playing for Egypt in the WC. We could be without him for a couple more months or longer of this happens. *touch wood*

Hopefully he will be fine, even better if he can agree with the surgeons not to get involved with the WC at all. He has so much pressure from Egypt to play though.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #937: May 30, 2018 03:48:18 pm
      Just seen the video clip of him arriving in Valencia.  Didn't look like he had a sling on and he was pushing his suitcase with his left arm so, I'm guessing his arm isn't going to be falling off any time soon.  Which is a positive!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #938: May 30, 2018 03:51:53 pm
      I'm sh*t scared to think about if something happens to his bad shoulder while playing for Egypt in the WC. We could be without him for a couple more months or longer of this happens. *touch wood*

Hopefully he will be fine, even better if he can agree with the surgeons not to get involved with the WC at all. He has so much pressure from Egypt to play though.

No doubt Salah would be a huge miss, but with Keita and Fabinho, it changes everything for me. I would be confident going into matches without Salah now.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #939: May 30, 2018 04:21:02 pm
      Let's hope not.

110k a week he's on here though

Triple that at Madrid and win Things? 😞
      Come summer he'll get a new contract ÂŁ160-ÂŁ180 k pw
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #940: May 30, 2018 04:23:19 pm
      I heard Spain and Egypt are in the same Group of the WC , if correct, hope Mo makes it back and knocks them the f**k out, single handedly. Like to see that Ramos c**t crying.
      What's more likely is that his teammate single Ramos out for some special treatment  :o
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #941: May 30, 2018 04:49:24 pm
      Just seen the video clip of him arriving in Valencia.  Didn't look like he had a sling on and he was pushing his suitcase with his left arm so, I'm guessing his arm isn't going to be falling off any time soon.  Which is a positive!

Supposedly there for treatment, probably having secret talks with either Madrid or Barca ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #942: May 30, 2018 05:11:45 pm

At the time of his injury I hoped he would play through the pain barrier till the half ends....

Quick Reply