Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546633 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #46: Jun 22, 2017 10:46:38 pm
      Ok just so we have some balance

I don't like his hair.

To be fair, he'll fit in perfectly around the city with his Scouse ket wig ;)
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #47: Jun 22, 2017 10:49:18 pm
      Delighted to see this signing confirmed and looking forward to seeing him play!  ;D

Another Mane sounds good to me!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #48: Jun 22, 2017 10:49:37 pm
      Salah's first interview: 'I feel the love - I'll give everything for LFC'

A delighted Mohamed Salah pledged to give everything he has for Liverpool after completing his transfer to the Reds on a long-term deal

Welcome to the club – how does it feel to officially be a Liverpool player?

I’m very excited to be here. I’m very happy. I was in Egypt and I came two days ago. I was in Liverpool and I just signed one hour ago. Now I’m here and I’m very happy to be here. I would like to win something with the club. Everyone knows the club is very big. We have to do something for the fans and win something.

How much of Liverpool did you see last season?

I saw most of the games, they played so good. They played very well. I hope this season we can improve and do better.

How much of an influence did the manager have on your decision to come here?

I’m very excited to start the season with him. Everyone knows he is a great man and a great coach. I’m very excited to start the season.

Who are you most excited to play alongside in the team?

They played so well last season. Mane played a fantastic season, Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana – all of them. I don’t want to say just one name. All of them had a great season last year.

Are you comfortable in any of the attacking positions?

I have played on the right. Last season with Roma we played five at the back and two strikers; I was a second striker, like a No.10. Sometimes I go on the left. I can play anywhere up front.

Having had experience of the English game already, will that be a big help?

Yes. I was here and I have experience. I like to play here in the Premier League. I’m happy to be back and I’m excited.

Do you come back a better player?

100 per cent, yes! Everything [has improved]. Even my personality was different, I was a kid – I was 20 or 21. Now I’m four years older, everything is different. I have lots of experience in three clubs: I was at Chelsea, then Fiorentina and then Roma. I have good experience.

You only played 19 times for Chelsea – do you also have a point to prove here?

Yes, always. Even if I see myself playing very well in one thing, I try to improve to do it better and better. I always think about the small details because I need to improve more and more.

Last season with Roma was the most productive you have ever had: 19 goals and plenty of assists. Was it the best you’ve had?

I think so, it was a top season. Nothing changed, the season before I also scored 15 goals. I am improving and doing better and better every year. This is why I’m in a new challenge and I’m happy to have this challenge. It’s not easy but I know that. I’m excited. It’s not easy, but I’m ready.

How excited are you to be in a football city like Liverpool?

Everyone knows Liverpool is a very big club. We have fans everywhere around the world. You can see on Twitter and Facebook that fans are crazy about [the club]. I’m happy for that because I feel the love from the fans. I feel the love from the fans in Liverpool here and I’m happy about that.

How excited are you about the project ahead?

I’m excited. Liverpool haven’t won the Premier League for a long time. We have a great team and very good players. I was watching the games last year and everyone was giving 100 per cent to win something. Everyone can see the coach gives everything. I hope to see that together we can give everything to win something for the club, for the supporters and for us.

You arrive ahead of pre-season. Is it important that you’re here before all of the hard work begins?

It’s very important because I would like to start the pre-season with the team so I can know everyone well, as a person and also as a player. I’m here at the right time.

You’re going to wear the No.11 shirt at Liverpool. Does it have any special meaning for you?

Firstly, I appreciate what Firmino did – I have to thank him very much. I like the number 11; it was my number in Rome and also the national team before. I like this number. I have to thank him.

Liverpool fans have been hoping you would sign for the club for several years. What is your message to them now that you have?

What I can say is that I’m very excited. I will give 100 per cent and give everything for the club. I am happy to be here and I really want to win something for this club.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/266713-salah-s-first-interview-i-feel-the-love-i-ll-give-everything-for-lfc

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #49: Jun 22, 2017 10:57:56 pm
      The tune of 2 unlimited - No Limit

MO-MO, MOMO MO-MO, MOMO MO-MO, MOMO MO-MO SALAH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkEXGgdqMz8

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We have a winner.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #50: Jun 22, 2017 11:04:29 pm

Hahahaha to be fair whoever thought up the idea for that vid, deserves a round of applause.

Genius!

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #51: Jun 22, 2017 11:07:27 pm
      Bout heckin time :D

Seriously this is a great signing. I'll be really surprised if he doesn't improve on his excellent seasons the last couple years. I'd say playing around even better players will help him shine even more. Welcome to the club Mo!!
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #52: Jun 22, 2017 11:23:53 pm
      Nice signing, BUT could he end up another player we rely on that we will lose to the African Nations Cup, meanwhile leaving ourselves screwed until they get back? Come January we could be without Salah, Mane and Matip. I can only hope we have other options lined up as well.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #53: Jun 22, 2017 11:28:49 pm
      Nice signing, BUT could he end up another player we rely on that we will lose to the African Nations Cup, meanwhile leaving ourselves screwed until they get back? Come January we could be without Salah, Mane and Matip. I can only hope we have other options lined up as well.

It's not the coming season, it will be 2019 before its played again, so we can worry about replacements next summer.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #54: Jun 22, 2017 11:51:50 pm
      Can we call bullshit on this.
      Seriously. If you've a kid with the kit it's ruined for them.
      Then you've got to pay for the postage and packaging and hope you didn't bin the receipt.
      A gesture the club know looks great but ultimately one that doesn't fix things for most fans.

PS: Welcome to the club :D

Totally s*ite gesture, kids will be going around with  11 Firminio on their shirts, and their only idea is to offer his signing, and they think thats good enough?
      Totally bang out of order.   Yet another fail as far as FSG are concerned,  fans do not matter.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #55: Jun 22, 2017 11:56:31 pm

Does Salah really need the 'M.' on his shirt? How many Salah's are there in the league?!

But, welcome on board lad, now use that pace and have the same or better impact to what Mane had last season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #56: Jun 23, 2017 12:21:08 am
      Seems quite a cheerful guy
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #57: Jun 23, 2017 12:25:31 am
      Another Muslim. Some fans will be apoplectic :f_tongueincheek:

Welcome aboard Mo! On paper he seems like the perfect addition. Can't wait to see how he goes. If it all clicks then this could be devastating for other sides.

Stay fit. Stay healthy. Go well my boy!
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #58: Jun 23, 2017 12:56:56 am
      Outstanding signing. Truly wonderful footballer. Welcome Mo.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #59: Jun 23, 2017 01:35:26 am
      I said a while back that our top priority needed to be a wide forward with pace and proper end product (goals and assists).  On paper, we've nailed this one!! 

Welcome to the greatest club on earth Mo!!

:kop5cf8koxp6:

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #60: Jun 23, 2017 01:54:38 am
      Totally s*ite gesture, kids will be going around with  11 Firminio on their shirts, and their only idea is to offer his signing, and they think thats good enough?
      Totally bang out of order.   Yet another fail as far as FSG are concerned,  fans do not matter.

Instead of getting some kid on work experience to forge Firmino's signature why not just automatically send out another shirt with Firmino 9 on to the people on LFC's database who had it done.  What's the actual manufactured cost of a shirt to the club? A fiver?

Kids have either got the wrong number on their shirt or it's signed so they can't wear it or wash it.

Or even better why not just keep the same squad number.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #61: Jun 23, 2017 02:44:12 am
      Welcome to LFC :scarf:
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #62: Jun 23, 2017 03:35:52 am
      Obligatory YouTube video

https://youtu.be/OjjzB8qpYwc
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #63: Jun 23, 2017 04:10:34 am
      Welcome to the club Mr. Salah, I hope you're as good as the hype suggests.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #64: Jun 23, 2017 06:59:04 am
      Explosive attack we'll have, he's faster than Mane.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #65: Jun 23, 2017 07:03:09 am
      Brilliant signing. ✌️✋️👌
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #66: Jun 23, 2017 07:31:12 am
      I kinda like the gesture! a signed shirt can be priceless to the right fan, however this is what pisses me off with clubs like ours, they will not think twice about paying an extra 1-2 million to secure a player but when it comes to keep the fans happy they grumble over a few thousand!

offer fans some options! either exchange the shirts for Firmino 9, Salah 11 or the signed option.

We support the club, the club should support us.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #67: Jun 23, 2017 08:39:18 am
      Great Signing.

Welcome to the club.

Now I can see we are gearing up to compete with the best in Europe.

Devastating, unpredictable attack with focus on 3 front players instead of 1.

He's also captain material.
      HerZamanKIRMIZI
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #68: Jun 23, 2017 09:05:14 am
      I'm so excited to see what Salah, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho up front can do this season. If we can fix our defensive problems (we should at least get a proper cb and lb for that), a great season awaits for us.

Quick Reply