Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546400 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #184: Sep 12, 2017 04:50:40 am
      While I agree with you, part of the problem is that Mo is so good at getting those type of 1v1 goal scoring opportunities.  His pace, clever movement, and work rate earn him chances many other players would never see. 

I think he should work on shooting high and hard into the near post rather than always going for the low slotted shot into the far post.  Keepers are anticipating his sidefoot finish.  A laced shot, into the near post upper corner would have beaten Ederson today.

Agreed. Just give the ball the full pecker and live with the results. He should be leading the league in goals by a LONG shot right now. Love the pace and creativity, I really do. But they don't mean a lot if you don't find the back of the net.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #185: Sep 13, 2017 01:20:31 pm
      Honestly, I dont think his finishing will ever really improve. The odd one will go in but I expect him to miss and waste many chances for us.

It's got to be the hope that he will create that many chances for himself and others that he finishes with about 15 goals and 15 assists a season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #186: Sep 13, 2017 02:37:14 pm
      Honestly, I dont think his finishing will ever really improve. The odd one will go in but I expect him to miss and waste many chances for us.

It's got to be the hope that he will create that many chances for himself and others that he finishes with about 15 goals and 15 assists a season.

I hear what you're saying mate but his goals and assists ratio at Roma was superb.....

Worth noting that Roma have a more traditional number 9.......none other than good old Eden Dzeko......who scored a trifling 35 goals for 'em in all competitions last year (29 League goals).......

Funny that - Bobby please take note........"....there's goals in them there pyramids...."

If you get my drift.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #187: Sep 13, 2017 03:11:18 pm

1 in 2 goals for the two seasons at Roma and he has 2 in 4 so far with LFC.

If he carries on at that rate thats pretty impressive for a wide forward.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #188: Sep 13, 2017 03:21:34 pm
      I hear what you're saying mate but his goals and assists ratio at Roma was superb.....

Worth noting that Roma have a more traditional number 9.......none other than good old Eden Dzeko......who scored a trifling 35 goals for 'em in all competitions last year (29 League goals).......

Funny that - Bobby please take note........"....there's goals in them there pyramids...."

If you get my drift.
      Yes.

Saturday, on one of Salah's breaks behind the City defense. He cut in past the defender and Bobby is coming in from his left, but running behind that defender where Mo couldn't play it to him, so he ended up shooting kind of tamely at goal. I agree he has missed some good chances this season, but surely there is still some fine tuning needed of the understanding between him and other forward. That will bring increased productivity as it matures.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #189: Sep 13, 2017 04:20:25 pm
      Yes.

Saturday, on one of Salah's breaks behind the City defense. He cut in past the defender and Bobby is coming in from his left, but running behind that defender where Mo couldn't play it to him, so he ended up shooting kind of tamely at goal. I agree he has missed some good chances this season, but surely there is still some fine tuning needed of the understanding between him and other forward. That will bring increased productivity as it matures.

Yep Bobby still learning that part of the true number 9 role......he's making strides......but a few near post glancing headers and tap ins wouldn't go a miss 😉
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #190: Sep 15, 2017 12:50:19 am
      I was watching the highlights from the Sevilla game and it dawned on me -- Salah reminds me of Suarez.  Close control, quick, direct, strong, and never F***ing stops moving.  He's a defenders worst nightmare because they literally never get a moment's rest for 90 minutes. 

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that Luis was often criticized for being rather profligate in front of goal during his first 18 months here.  I doubt it will take Mo that long to really hit the goal trail -- I expect him to get 20+ in his first season.   

I can't get enough of this lad at the moment, and I'm F***ing buzzing at the thought of a front 5 of:  Coutinho - Lallana - Salah - Bobby - Mane
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #191: Sep 15, 2017 09:30:00 am

I can't get enough of this lad at the moment, and I'm f**king buzzing at the thought of a front 5 of:  Coutinho - Lallana - Salah - Bobby - Mane

Me too mate, looking at Keita and his style of play, it looks like once he arrives it will take us up another devestating level in attack.

Watch some of the highlights from his matches, not just compilations from loads together but single match highlights.

The lad very rarely passes back and the amount of through balls and attacks he starts is frightening.

None of this slow crap like Can, no sideways or backwards like Henderson. Just quick, incisive and direct forward attack minded passes all day long.

I would love to get him in in january because looking at him, I can see an already crazy good attack going through the roof.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #192: Sep 15, 2017 11:29:05 am
      Me too mate, looking at Keita and his style of play, it looks like once he arrives it will take us up another devestating level in attack.

Watch some of the highlights from his matches, not just compilations from loads together but single match highlights.

The lad very rarely passes back and the amount of through balls and attacks he starts is frightening.

None of this slow crap like Can, no sideways or backwards like Henderson. Just quick, incisive and direct forward attack minded passes all day long.

I would love to get him in in january because looking at him, I can see an already crazy good attack going through the roof.

If we can then go out and spend whatever it takes to get 2 top notch CB's in, and please please please a top notch defensive coach, and we really will be in business. We are seriously close to challenging for titles, just need to fix this bloody defense and its time for Klopp to admit he needs some help there.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #193: Sep 15, 2017 02:04:16 pm
      If we can then go out and spend whatever it takes to get 2 top notch CB's in, and please please please a top notch defensive coach, and we really will be in business. We are seriously close to challenging for titles, just need to fix this bloody defense and its time for Klopp to admit he needs some help there.

Spot on mate, bolstering the defence has gotta be the priority from the offset in January and the summer.

I still have a feeling we will be chasing midfielders and attackers for some reason though.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #194: Sep 15, 2017 06:43:58 pm
      I love this guy. He may not be the best finisher in the world, but he embodies Klopps style and most importantly he scores goals. 4 goals in 7 appearances. I think with Phil coming in that number could actually go up as Phil can drop balls in windows others can't. Mane, Phil, and Bobby are all probably better than Mo, but Mo will lead the team in goals due to his aggression and headiness. He just seems to always be around the ball at the right time. At first I thought "damn this dude is lucky". Than u see the goal the other day and how he just made it happen and you go "he always gives himself a chance and knows where to be". What a steal this cat will be
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #195: Sep 15, 2017 06:48:37 pm
      Selected as UEFA player of the week ahead of Messi and Ronaldo, and got more votes than both of them combined! :lmao:

Seems like the whole Egypt voted for him. ;D
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #196: Sep 19, 2017 09:07:48 pm
      Loving this guy so far. Electric, explosive, attack-obsessed, unpredictable...Seems we got the Craig Bellamy Markovic was supposed to be  ;D
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #197: Sep 21, 2017 06:50:56 pm
      https://support.twitter.com/articles/20175256

Seems to be on track for PotM for September....
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #198: Sep 21, 2017 07:23:24 pm
      PL signing of the Summer so far and he cost less than the Ox.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #199: Sep 21, 2017 11:04:35 pm
      cost less than sigurdson too
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #200: Sep 23, 2017 09:38:58 pm
      Absolutely loving this guy at the moment.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #201: Sep 23, 2017 10:12:36 pm
      Hoping the hot streak continues.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #202: Sep 24, 2017 01:05:16 am
      Don't think we gave him the ball as much as we should have during the game. When he got on it, he looked head and shoulders above the rest. Love him running at defenders.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #203: Sep 24, 2017 02:00:12 am
      Was really impressed by the goal today
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #204: Sep 25, 2017 01:22:22 am
      I remember watching vids of his goals for Roma and was surprised at how many headed goals he scores considering how short he is.  He just knows how to find space near the goal and has the determination to always make the runs to put himself in position to get goals like this.  F***ing love this guy!!  Probably my favorite player now alongside Mane 😎
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #205: Sep 25, 2017 01:58:06 am
      See him miss that sitter from Can's rebound shot (it was harder to miss than score!), then score a good header a few moments later.

That'll probably epitomise Mo.

He's almost Luis Garcia-esque: "trickster & ball waster" frustrating on one hand, sublime on the other.

Overall though, a good signing.

Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #206: Sep 25, 2017 08:11:07 am
      Good start from him so far, and great to watch.  Defenders must not relish the thought of him and Mane in the same team.  He's not doing too bad for someone who "can't finish".

Quick Reply