Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546612 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1196: Sep 24, 2018 09:01:05 pm
      How did Salah make it into the top 3 players of the year... yet fail to make it into the FIFA XI ?! :lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1197: Sep 24, 2018 09:08:02 pm
      How did Salah make it into the top 3 players of the year... yet fail to make it into the FIFA XI ?! :lmao:

Ikr. Hazard had a sh*t season but exceptional world cup and Dani Alves, wtf?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1198: Sep 24, 2018 09:24:58 pm
      This FIFA award is a bit of a joke. This wasn't even Salah's best goal of the season. And Modric player of the year? Ha yeah right.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1199: Sep 24, 2018 09:31:51 pm
      This FIFA award is a bit of a joke. This wasn't even Salah's best goal of the season. And Modric player of the year? Ha yeah right.

Modric 100% the player of the year, agree with that.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1200: Sep 24, 2018 09:33:45 pm

Idk, even Messi had a better year than him.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1201: Sep 24, 2018 09:39:27 pm
      Idk, even Messi had a better year than him.
      Modric was good at real Madrid, but not as good as De Bruyne at City. It's because Real won Champions League and Croatia got to the final. He's got a solo award for his teams progress. It's a bunch of bollocks.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1202: Sep 24, 2018 09:39:56 pm

Best player at the World Cup yes but not best in the last twelve months for me. Messi, Ronaldo and Salah definitely had better years than him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1203: Sep 24, 2018 09:42:26 pm
      Modric was good at real Madrid, but notbas good as De Bruyne at City. It's because Real won Champions League and Croatia got to the final. He's got a solo award for his teams progress. It's a bunch of bollocks.

Ah sh*t, I forgot about De Bruyne! He should have been ahead of Modric tbh.

Tbh, they should ignore internationals and just keep it to domestic and CL performances where it shows the true worth of the player.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1204: Sep 24, 2018 09:44:34 pm
      Best player at the World Cup yes but not best in the last twelve months for me. Messi, Ronaldo and Salah definitely had better years than him.
      Modric was invisible until Croatia faced England.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1205: Sep 24, 2018 09:46:39 pm
      Courtois winning best keeper. De Gea not in top 3 but gets a spot in world XI.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1206: Sep 24, 2018 09:49:03 pm

Don't forget, Ronaldo was an absolute joke in the first half of the season. Messi, De Bruyne & Salah were the most consistent throughout, and it should have been one of them winning the award.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1207: Sep 24, 2018 09:50:17 pm
      Modric was invisible until Croatia faced England.

You just don’t understand football then mate. Modric is absolute class and did well in all the Croatian games I saw.

He’s a level above most midfielders around the world.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1208: Sep 24, 2018 10:17:11 pm
      I think that if we had won the final and Salah had played a part he would have had a very good chance of getting the award. Modric getting the winners medal and then following up with an excellent WC made the difference.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1209: Sep 24, 2018 10:38:37 pm
      Courtois winning best keeper. De Gea not in top 3 but gets a spot in world XI.

That's even more ridiculous.. good spot.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1210: Sep 25, 2018 01:10:45 am
      As soon as the Oppo reads Mo's name on the team sheet, they sh*t themselves.

His name not on the team sheet at the start and the oppo will feel a whole lot better about their chances.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1211: Sep 25, 2018 08:01:28 am
      Bizzare awards.

Top 3 player in thre world but doesnt make the team of the year.

Then gets goal of the year for a goal that wasnt even his best!!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1212: Sep 25, 2018 08:09:24 am
      You just don’t understand football then mate. Modric is absolute class and did well in all the Croatian games I saw.

He’s a level above most midfielders around the world.
      I know Modric is usually class, but I can use the Denmark game as an example of my argument. Average performance from Modric, team bailed him out missing a penalty. In my opinion he had a decent world cup, around expected... But he only excelled in a couple of games. His team gets to the final and he's got the credit because he's captain. What about Rakitic who had an overall better world cup? Rakatic had a bad season at Barcelona,  but I don't think Modric was the best in that  world cup.
      « Last Edit: Sep 25, 2018 08:31:39 am by Ribapuru »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1213: Sep 25, 2018 03:07:00 pm
      Bizzare awards.

Top 3 player in thre world but doesnt make the team of the year.

Then gets goal of the year for a goal that wasnt even his best!!!

Milner sums it up perfectly, it was his 7th best goal. Salah did not even win the PL goal of the month for this goal :D
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1214: Sep 25, 2018 05:00:34 pm
      I thought the goal was a cracker to be fair and I’m sure Mo himself said it was his best technically. Although I’m also sure that he got it because he is Mo Salah and not because it was the best goal of the year.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1215: Sep 29, 2018 09:07:04 pm
      IMHO had his best game since the beginning of the season. Much sharper passes and first touch from him on the ball. Movement with the ball was also better than what he's shown since the beginning of the year. Lost the ball much less than in previous games. He was, in the first half, the most dangerous and present of the front three.  The finishing touch is still getting there, but IMO he is close to finding his form back. Far from perfect, but much better.

Just a shame that he had to be subbed off. I would've liked him to get the full game, but we were not creating anything and Shaqiri was needed in order to stir things up behind the front line.

Some people will see it as a bad game because he missed a couple of chances in the first half, but he also was almost the only player that put himself in scoring positions/opportunities in the first half as well as coming close to creating a couple for his teammates.

Also, notice his physical demeanor in the past couple of games. Much less frustrated at little things, smile is back, if he misses a chance he continues to play very fast instead of raising his arms in the air and standing there for 3 or 4 seconds.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1216: Sep 29, 2018 09:09:08 pm
      IMHO had his best game since the beginning of the season. Much sharper passes and first touch from him on the ball. Movement with the ball was also better than what he's shown since the beginning of the year. Lost the ball much less than in previous games. He was, in the first half, the most dangerous and present of the front three.  The finishing touch is still getting there, but IMO he is close to finding his form back. Far from perfect, but much better.

Just a shame that he had to be subbed off. I would've liked him to get the full game, but we were not creating anything and Shaqiri was needed in order to stir things up behind the front line.

Some people will see it as a bad game because he missed a couple of chances in the first half, but he also was almost the only player that put himself in scoring chances in the first half as well as coming close to creating a couple for his teammates.

Also, notice his physical demeanor in the past couple of games. Much less frustrated at little things, smile is back, if he misses a chance he continues to play very fast instead of raising his arms in the air and standing there for 3 or 4 seconds.

Agreed, thought he was excellent in the first half, just started to fade out in the second.

Shaq wasn’t much better when he came on.

Love Mo!!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1217: Sep 29, 2018 09:30:15 pm
      Agreed, thought he was excellent in the first half, just started to fade out in the second.

Shaq wasn’t much better when he came on.

Love Mo!!
      Yup, people will focus on the missed chances in the first half, but if he can put himself in those areas again in the next game he will score.

Its funny with him because I feel like we are watching him build his confidence step by step. Finally got his smile and uplifted attitude back against Southampton and he finally scored, but his overall game still wasn't there. This weekend everything except for his final touch is there.

I think he will be scoring next game and probably making a big stride towards firing again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1218: Sep 29, 2018 10:21:26 pm
      Yup, people will focus on the missed chances in the first half, but if he can put himself in those areas again in the next game he will score.

Its funny with him because I feel like we are watching him build his confidence step by step. Finally got his smile and uplifted attitude back against Southampton and he finally scored, but his overall game still wasn't there. This weekend everything except for his final touch is there.

I think he will be scoring next game and probably making a big stride towards firing again.

I thought his movement was better but his touch was still terrible and he should have been subbed much earlier. Btw why would his confidence be low, is it because of all his awards?

Quick Reply