Trending Topics

Next match: Huddersfield v LFC [Premier League] Sat 20th Oct @ 5:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Kirklees Stadium

Today is the 16th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W12 D2 L5

Mohamed Salah Player Thread

Read 57284 times
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,016 posts | 882 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1230: Oct 02, 2018 06:49:50 pm
      I trust Salah 100% to become good. He's world class.. right now he has been a bit off but he can score even when playing badly,  strikers don't always score even when playing well.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 30 
      Reply #1231: Oct 03, 2018 06:04:12 am
      Lad gets lucky on that back heel against Southampton and he's at the same number of goals than last year and everybody is going crazy.

He manages to finish that tight angle shot on his weak foot against Chelsea and we are mind blown and saying he is an absolute genius because he is actually having a better season so far statistically than last year.

My point is that some of us are making a big fuss out of nothing. Let the lad play. He is slowly finding his form back.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,634 posts | 2887 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #1232: Oct 03, 2018 06:19:02 am
      Lad gets lucky on that back heel against Southampton and he's at the same number of goals than last year and everybody is going crazy.

He manages to finish that tight angle shot on his weak foot against Chelsea and we are mind blown and saying he is an absolute genius because he is actually having a better season so far statistically than last year.

My point is that some of us are making a big fuss out of nothing. Let the lad play. He is slowly finding his form back.

Word.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,490 posts | 2486 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1233: Oct 03, 2018 06:31:04 am
      Goal line clearance by Rudiger, back heal just wide...he’s been very unlucky on a number of occasions, only a matter of time before he smashes a hat trick past someone.
      Gill95
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 980 posts | 226 
      Reply #1234: Oct 03, 2018 06:55:19 am
      Goal line clearance by Rudiger, back heal just wide...he’s been very unlucky on a number of occasions, only a matter of time before he smashes a hat trick past someone.

I'd much prefer that against city.
      heimdall

• 6,865 posts | 1199 
      Reply #1235: Oct 03, 2018 10:46:03 am

Its not being unlucky, he is way off form, that one on one chance last season and he'd be slotting it past the GK, no need to run round him and then do a limp easily saveable shot.
      I absolutely have faith that Mo will regain his form, I just hope its sooner rather than later because by his insanely high standards this really is becoming a slump now.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 36 
      Reply #1236: Oct 03, 2018 12:43:42 pm
      Mo for a double tonight
      Ribapuru

• 9,016 posts | 882 
      Reply #1237: Oct 03, 2018 01:38:03 pm
      Its not being unlucky, he is way off form, that one on one chance last season and he'd be slotting it past the GK, no need to run round him and then do a limp easily saveable shot.
      I absolutely have faith that Mo will regain his form, I just hope its sooner rather than later because by his insanely high standards this really is becoming a slump now.
      It's a bit of both. He's been off form and unlucky I think. I'd still start him because a Salah on form is world class, he won't become on form from the bench as quickly.
      heimdall

• 6,865 posts | 1199 
      Reply #1238: Oct 03, 2018 06:46:04 pm
      It's a bit of both. He's been off form and unlucky I think. I'd still start him because a Salah on form is world class, he won't become on form from the bench as quickly.

I agree, he can only find form through playing but he needs to be hooked early if he is having a stinker.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 30,991 posts | 1962 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1239: Oct 03, 2018 10:23:46 pm
      Still had strapping on his shoulder after the game.
      Might be 2nd half of the season before he returns to form.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 30 
      Reply #1240: Oct 04, 2018 07:26:17 pm
      Still had strapping on his shoulder after the game.
      Might be 2nd half of the season before he returns to form.
      I just hope it's not one of those that never heal.

I'm wondering is it fully healed? Does he need time off to recover properly or is it just something that goes away with game time?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,658 posts | 2344 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1241: Oct 05, 2018 01:28:10 am
      Any ideas why he would take off his shirt at the end of the game and give it to Ancelotti? That's a weird one for sure.
      Swab

• 9,804 posts | 1605 
      Reply #1242: Oct 05, 2018 12:05:09 pm
      Any ideas why he would take off his shirt at the end of the game and give it to Ancelotti? That's a weird one for sure.

Maybe Ancelotti just asked him for it?
      I imagine they already know each other from the time Salah spent in Italy.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,523 posts | 1231 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1243: Oct 05, 2018 12:18:58 pm

Not as good a reason as the dutch international who supposedly swapped shirts with a german player for the sole intention of wiping his arse with it
      Swab

• 9,804 posts | 1605 
      Reply #1244: Oct 05, 2018 12:20:29 pm
      Not as good a reason as the dutch international who supposedly swapped shirts with a german player for the sole intention of wiping his arse with it

:lmao:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,523 posts | 1231 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1245: Oct 05, 2018 12:31:22 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,083 posts | 953 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1246: Oct 07, 2018 12:41:13 pm
      I call match winner today
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,492 posts | 2467 
      Reply #1247: Oct 07, 2018 06:46:25 pm
      Does he have a twin and Mo is actually back in Egypt having a rest because he is nothing like the player from last year and that goes for Mane and Bobby.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,249 posts | 104 
      Reply #1248: Oct 07, 2018 09:27:41 pm
      He need a rest same as mane both play lot football world cup that my view on it maybe drop salah couple games give him break no harm
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 14 
      Reply #1249: Oct 07, 2018 09:52:01 pm
      Salah is not to blame. Our midfield doesn't get it done to get our Big 3 involved. We lack players like Ox or Coutinho that think vertically and have capabilities to execute.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,492 posts | 2467 
      Reply #1250: Oct 07, 2018 10:29:57 pm
      Salah is not to blame. Our midfield doesn't get it done to get our Big 3 involved. We lack players like Ox or Coutinho that think vertically and have capabilities to execute.

you really need to read your own posts more often they are just outstanding
      Scottbot

• 6,841 posts | 1003 
      Reply #1251: Oct 07, 2018 10:43:25 pm

Keita has both of those qualities but he isn’t doing it at the moment. As for Salah you’ve got your head in the sand if you cannot see he is struggling for form. He’s had umpteen shooting opportunities this season, often in places where he scored last year but simply hasn’t been able to finish them, most of his shots are straight st the keeper or wide. It’ll come though, in the mean time I suspect we will get to hear more of you holding forth with your unchallengeable posts joy.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,066 posts | 147 
      Reply #1252: Oct 12, 2018 10:08:57 am
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,063 posts | 1623 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1253: Oct 12, 2018 06:56:21 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,780 posts | 4387 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1254: Oct 12, 2018 07:01:50 pm

It's impossible to underestimate how important Egypt is to Salah and vice versa. That historic penalty he scored exactly a year ago this week to send them to the World Cup was the spark that lit this little genius which we benefited from in some style. Contrary to most other footballers in the red shirt I'm always eager to see him turn out for his country almost as much as I am for us lot.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,950 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1255: Oct 12, 2018 07:23:30 pm
      It's impossible to underestimate how important Egypt is to Salah and vice versa. That historic penalty he scored exactly a year ago this week to send them to the World Cup was the spark that lit this little genius which we benefited from in some style. Contrary to most other footballers in the red shirt I'm always eager to see him turn out for his country almost as much as I am for us lot.

Spot on that lad.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,290 posts | 202 
      Reply #1256: Oct 12, 2018 07:33:01 pm
      Just got a stream up,salah misses a great chance to make it 5.dude should not be playing at this point.dodgy pitch,second rate opposition.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,636 posts | 133 
      Reply #1257: Oct 12, 2018 07:35:51 pm

For quite some time, whenever he has taken the corners, he has been trying to do this for us.
      PurpleMonkey

• 8,577 posts | 1202 
      Reply #1258: Oct 12, 2018 09:10:04 pm
      Just read Salah is injured :( Supposedly a slight muscle strain.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,083 posts | 953 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1259: Oct 12, 2018 09:24:35 pm
      Yeah nothing major

Quick Reply