Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546578 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1265: Oct 16, 2018 10:15:59 pm
      If he's going to be injured at any point this season then now is the perfect time.

it's probably guesswork, but I'd test him as a precaution anyway, we shouldn't need him for Huddersfield.

Also could have been the games where he worked on his confidence in front of goal and also to get ahead in the Golden Boot race.   ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1266: Oct 18, 2018 11:26:14 am
      Also could have been the games where he worked on his confidence in front of goal and also to get ahead in the Golden Boot race.   ;D

Yes but I honestly think a break will do him more good, he needs to regain his focus and cool in front of goal, he's almost trying to hard at the moment, a little self reflection can work wonders in this regard.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1267: Oct 18, 2018 01:14:29 pm
      Nah one season wonder, clearly fluked it last season, lost his touch, his focus, his drive and we should cash in to replace him with a unicorn...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1268: Oct 22, 2018 01:39:29 pm
      Klopp likes his players to be as 2 footed as possible, and it has become increasingly clear that Salah is trying to use his right more, to control, to pass, to shoot but because he relied so heavily on his dominant foot, he's finding this difficult.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1269: Oct 22, 2018 02:02:42 pm
      Nah one season wonder, clearly fluked it last season, lost his touch, his focus, his drive and we should cash in to replace him with a unicorn...
      Mate your clearly a wum because there is not one unicorn out there that would come in and do a better job than Salah. I mean, their hooves wouldn’t be suited to these modern surfaces and they probably don’t understand English. That’s not even including the fact that they are not even real. Really mate, just think before you post.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1270: Oct 22, 2018 02:13:18 pm
      Mate your clearly a wum because there is not one unicorn out there that would come in and do a better job than Salah. I mean, their hooves wouldn’t be suited to these modern surfaces and they probably don’t understand English. That’s not even including the fact that they are not even real. Really mate, just think before you post.

Pretty sure that was sarcasm mate.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1271: Oct 22, 2018 02:20:34 pm
      Pretty sure that was sarcasm mate.
      Really? I’m convinced he truly wanted us to replace Salah with a unicorn.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1272: Oct 22, 2018 02:26:24 pm
      Really? I’m convinced he truly wanted us to replace Salah with a unicorn.

pfft, unicorns are just slim rhino's, and how would they put their kit on?
      We'd need a whole new kit, and FSG would never splash out the money for that.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1273: Oct 22, 2018 05:05:52 pm
      pfft, unicorns are just slim rhino's, and how would they put their kit on?
      We'd need a whole new kit, and FSG would never splash out the money for that.
      I have a mate who identifies as a rhino so he might be worth looking at. He’s sh*t at football though come to think of it.

Anyway well played Mo, good to see you hitting the onion bag again.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1274: Oct 22, 2018 11:14:59 pm
      Brilliant finish from the Man.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1275: Oct 22, 2018 11:35:03 pm

Gutted he missed that chance in the 2nd half. A fully confident Mo buries that, hopefully won’t be long.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1276: Oct 22, 2018 11:46:57 pm
      Gutted he missed that chance in the 2nd half. A fully confident Mo buries that, hopefully won’t be long.

Not too long now mate, can feel it in my waters.  ;D ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1277: Oct 23, 2018 01:48:14 pm

Yeah it was f**king perfect, people naturally think (including the goalkeeper) he was going to switch to his left, but that right toe poke was a thing of beauty.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1278: Oct 23, 2018 05:56:50 pm
      Not too long now mate, can feel it in my waters.  ;D ;D

I agree, you can sense the confidence coming back to him, and I think when he's firing on all cylinders again then it will lift Bobby as well.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1279: Oct 25, 2018 02:13:32 am
      Not as happy with the brace as much as I'm happy with what seems to be his touch coming back.

He lost the ball much less than during past games. His one-touch passes were on point where in other games he missed-passed a lot and often needed more than one touch before dealing back the ball. Same goes for his control when he received the passes.

The only thing we could talk about is his miss on that play that was called for offside moments before he scored, but then again... he's allowed to be human and miss sometimes.

Firmino seems to be heading in the same direction and with Mane already in a ''not so bad'' form, I think they are going to be firing soon.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1280: Oct 25, 2018 02:31:50 am
      1 goal vs Huddersfield, 2 vs Red Star...hopefully 3 vs Cardiff.

It’s amazing how 3 goals in 2 games can change the mood surrounding a player who is supposedly a bit out of form.

That first goal vs Red Star, I think before the International break, he takes a touch too many and tries to get it on his left foot, but now he didn’t and just like last season, he confidently smashed it home with his right.

I’m backing him for a hat trick on the weekend.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1281: Oct 27, 2018 07:11:55 pm
      4 goals, 2 assists in one week.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1282: Oct 27, 2018 07:34:36 pm
      He’s so f**king good, one of the very best players in world football - and he plays for Liverpool.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1283: Oct 28, 2018 04:39:21 am
      He’s so f**king good, one of the very best players in world football - and he plays for Liverpool.

He's still not quite back yet, plenty more to come but he's getting there game by game. An example is where he failed to chip the keeper yesterday.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1284: Oct 28, 2018 02:55:13 pm
      He's still not quite back yet, plenty more to come but he's getting there game by game. An example is where he failed to chip the keeper yesterday.
      Exactly. That's what some people refused to see until he started scoring goals. He was coming back all along, one game at the time.

Notice how his passing (despite not being perfect yet) switched from being very inaccurate and needing a couple of seconds to release the ball to one-touch passes who are now finding their targets very often. Yesterday, he was at the heart of more than a couple of very dangerous ''one-twos'' that were either wasted or thwarted by last-minute challenges from Cardiff's back line.

It's the same for his shooting. It's coming back gradually.

Plus, its the same story as around that time last year. He is waisting one, two or even three chances per game but he moves and positions himself so good without the ball that he ends up on the scoresheet anyway because of how many times you'll find him at the heart of scoring chances.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1285: Oct 29, 2018 03:08:15 am
      4 goals and 2 assists in 3 games. He’s back.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1286: Oct 29, 2018 08:05:25 am
      4 goals and 2 assists in 3 games. He’s back.

And he's only at 85% mate, can't wait till he hits 100%.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1287: Oct 29, 2018 01:01:51 pm
      And he's only at 85% mate, can't wait till he hits 100%.

I wouldn't even say he's at 85%, I'd say hes currently at about 75%, the missing bits are the flair, a little more confidence and swagger, but even that is coming back now

Quick Reply