Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546419 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1380: Dec 27, 2018 10:21:05 am
      I've seen the replay of the pen and Mo needs to be very careful. There is already talk this morning that he could face a 2 match ban for 'deception of a match official'. Hopefully he gets away with it but he doesn't need to be making a meal of it against Newcastle.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1381: Dec 27, 2018 10:24:35 am
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1382: Dec 27, 2018 10:29:35 am
      I've seen the replay of the pen and Mo needs to be very careful. There is already talk this morning that he could face a 2 match ban for 'deception of a match official'. Hopefully he gets away with it but he doesn't need to be making a meal of it against Newcastle.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1078226128932954112
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1383: Dec 27, 2018 10:30:03 am
      That would be seriously unusual considering the amount of players we see “deceiving the officials” on a weekly basis.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1384: Dec 27, 2018 10:50:01 am
      Mo is very lucky the defender put his hand on him , he went down far too easily and it’s a dive at the end of the day - we don’t want to see it happening
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1385: Dec 27, 2018 10:52:22 am

Good stuff, just not a pen for me and not something he wants to get a reputation for. He has a good image but if that was Suarez the football phone ins would have gone wild last night and the FA may have dealt with him differently.

Alas he isnt, but don't want him getting any bans or putting doubt in referees minds for when he is legitimately fouled.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1386: Dec 27, 2018 11:47:30 am
      Good stuff, just not a pen for me and not something he wants to get a reputation for. He has a good image but if that was Suarez the football phone ins would have gone wild last night and the FA may have dealt with him differently.

Alas he isnt, but don't want him getting any bans or putting doubt in referees minds for when he is legitimately fouled.

I think he has plenty of credit with refs there has been numerous times this season where he could have gone down instead he’s tried his best to stay up ,
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1387: Dec 27, 2018 12:16:24 pm
      I think he has plenty of credit with refs there has been numerous times this season where he could have gone down instead he’s tried his best to stay up ,

On most performances yes he has. However, I remember one stone wall dive but can't remember who it was against, think he got booked as well for it. 
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #1388: Dec 27, 2018 09:06:15 pm
      Mo is a different man since Ramos. .more cynical, he knows now how you can play the system
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1389: Dec 27, 2018 10:44:28 pm

That much is true. His goal against Bournemouth here he was hacked at was incredible really.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1390: Dec 28, 2018 12:34:24 pm
      Seems to be a rule for some and not for others. As in not too long ago an English striker went down in similar circumstances and we were told he had every right to go down!! Why is that right not afforded to Mo?

There was illegal contact end of. Watch it again the contact is clear. Enough to fall as he did is debatable but the defenders hand shouldnt have beeen there
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1391: Dec 28, 2018 01:51:20 pm
      Seems to be a rule for some and not for others. As in not too long ago an English striker went down in similar circumstances and we were told he had every right to go down!! Why is that right not afforded to Mo?

There was illegal contact end of. Watch it again the contact is clear. Enough to fall as he did is debatable but the defenders hand shouldnt have beeen there

Paul Tomkins has written some interesting articles about how English players get more penalties than foreign players, and are treated in the media as being "more honest" when the fact is, they go down just as easily (if not more so) than foreign players.

When you look at the stats, it's a real eye opener; an English player going down is far more likely to get a free kick or a pen than a foreign player.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1392: Dec 28, 2018 02:07:55 pm
      Paul Tomkins has written some interesting articles about how English players get more penalties than foreign players, and are treated in the media as being "more honest" when the fact is, they go down just as easily (if not more so) than foreign players.

When you look at the stats, it's a real eye opener; an English player going down is far more likely to get a free kick or a pen than a foreign player.

And also English lads are accussed of being to honest. Its pure horseshit
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1393: Dec 28, 2018 02:16:54 pm
      If he got away with something I don’t really care. He’s done the “right” thing so many times and hould have been awarded penalties and wasn’t so I can only assume he’s resorted to doing what most other players do which is to embellish any illegal contact to draw attention. I don’t like players doing it but if the refs aren’t going to be consistent that’s what you are going to get.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1394: Dec 28, 2018 02:39:42 pm

posted this on post match thread but I should post here.

People picking up on FA actually reviewing it as a factor of consideration in this don't understand that FA review every single penalty in every match regardless! FA didn't do a press release about Salah's penalty, they were contacted by the press. They must have told the press that because the Newcastle players arm touched Salah before he went down, the penalty was the right call so there is no way to suspend Salah. In simplistic form.

Was the penalty decision correct? YES.
      Does the FA suspend players who dive after being fouled? Seems not.
      Does the FA suspend players who dive with no contact? I'd assume so.

Luck didn't come into this, rules did. Was Salah right to go down? That's personal opinion, but the gutter press have made a meal of it and now referees could treat Salah differently thanks to the media storm. That's what the presses goal was right? The fact that we are even discussing it shows the press won.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1395: Dec 28, 2018 02:41:45 pm
      And also English lads are accussed of being to honest. Its pure horseshit
      Harry Kane. Dive Dive, that's my goal! Dive. Waiting for the remix.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1396: Dec 28, 2018 02:43:53 pm

and yet we have Liverpool supporters suggesting it was soft which is Manc talk for cheating. Anywhere on the pitch if you pull a players arm its a freekick and a booking . Its either a penalty or its isn't there is no such thing as a "soft" penalty. The fact we have had so few penalties especially at Anfield shows how poor we are at cheating and long may it be so
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1397: Dec 28, 2018 05:33:12 pm
      He's going to be the New King of a new era :)
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #1398: Dec 29, 2018 01:17:43 pm
      Unai Emery on Mo and not signing him for PSG

We had some doubts and then he signed for Liverpool and these doubts he has broken at Liverpool,” Emery said.

“Can he perform in a big team? For example like PSG in Paris. Today I can say to you if we sign him we sign a player in the top five in the world.”

Am I reading this right or has it lost something in translation? Is he suggesting we aren’t a big club? That Arsenal and PSG are bigger?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1399: Dec 29, 2018 01:28:27 pm

We had some doubts and then he signed for Liverpool and these doubts he has broken at Liverpool,” Emery said.

“Can he perform in a big team? For example like PSG in Paris. Today I can say to you if we sign him we sign a player in the top five in the world.”

Am I reading this right or has it lost something in translation? Is he suggesting we aren’t a big club? That Arsenal and PSG are bigger?
      Arsenal will never change. Gladly see them related, worse than Spurs.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1400: Dec 29, 2018 01:31:29 pm

I think he's saying the doubts were before he joined Liverpool, and that he's now shown he can perform in a top team.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1401: Dec 29, 2018 01:34:09 pm
      Arsenal will never change. Gladly see them related, worse than Spurs.

Relegated Ribs? Or are you suggesting they’re all in-bred?  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1402: Dec 29, 2018 08:01:28 pm
      3 games running he’s bagged a goal and assist. Last season he got 12 assists in the league, already on 8 this time around. He’s about 1 goal off where he was at this stage a year ago I think.

Quick Reply