Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546490 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1449: Jan 20, 2019 09:40:09 pm
      If we go back to be given f**k all it will.

'If we go back'...because our barren run of no penalties the last time was caused by our players diving? Don't think so.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1450: Jan 21, 2019 07:43:26 am
      Making a mountain out of a mole, Harry f**king Kane does it all the time, still gets penalties. Salah will too, that's what world class players do i.e get penalties after minimal contact. Don't remember Ronaldo or Neymar not getting decisions due to diving or minimal contact. As for Salah, how people forget that he kept on playing the ball, whilst not even asking the refree for a decision.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1451: Jan 21, 2019 08:46:20 am
      No it’s not - he dived , it’s not a crime to say it , doesn’t make anyone less of a fan and its cheating at the end of the day - we don’t want to see other players do it , you don’t seem to have a problem pointing fingers at Kane for doing it but why not Salah when he is diving.

It happened with Suarez when he stopped getting fouls and pens because he dived and made a meal of everything.

Our managers of old would be giving Mo a right ear full

I wouldn't say its an out and out dive, in the way Kane did a few weeks ago, but it is overacting the contact and is a kind of simulation. Its therefore a form of cheating and it detracts from his wonderful talents, he needs to tone it down otherwise he won't be awarded legitimate penalties. As I said I think he is just overcompensating from before where he would always try to stay on his feet, just needs to find a good balance between the two.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1452: Jan 21, 2019 09:12:01 pm
      No point lying here. He's made a name for himself. After the Newcastle game I said my worry was that if he carried on he'd get himself a reputation.

He's done that now so over the course of the season nobody should be shocked if he gets tripped up and booked for diving. That in the end is the price you pay for going too far with it.

He's took it too far now.

I'm not prudish to stretching the laws for your benefit but he's a marked man now. Make no mistakes the referees will be talking.

With that in mind when in need time for Bobby to hit the deck.  :D
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2019 09:23:13 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Kopite78
      Reply #1453: Jan 21, 2019 09:17:06 pm
      No point lying here. He's made a name for himself. After the Newcastle game I said my worry was that if he carried on he'd get himself a reputation.

He's done that now so over the course of the season nobody should be shocked if he gets tripped up and booked for diving. That in the end is the price you pay for going too far with it.

He's took it too far now.

That's people (and unfortunately even seemingly Liverpool fans) falling for a media narrative

Can't seem to find comments of him staying up when he's fouled. Perfect example the Bournemouth gane this season

Kicked to F**k, stays up.. No comments
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1454: Jan 21, 2019 09:22:14 pm
      That's people (and unfortunately even seemingly Liverpool fans) falling for a media narrative

Can't seem to find comments of him staying up when he's fouled. Perfect example the Bournemouth gane this season

Kicked to F**k, stays up.. No comments

It ain't media. He tricked the ref against Newcastle, won a few afterwards then took a dive this week. My comments after Newcastle was he could have waited for a game of more importance but now he's done it to keep his head down for a bit.

You can't win pens every game with the same player.

For now he needs to stay squeaky clean and if we are In real need of a pen leave that for someone else to try. 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1455: Jan 21, 2019 09:31:40 pm
      It ain't media. He tricked the ref against Newcastle, won a few afterwards then took a dive this week. My comments after Newcastle was he could have waited for a game of more importance but now he's done it to keep his head down for a bit.

For now he needs to stay squeaky clean and if we are In real need of a pen leave that for someone else to try. 

I don’t see any issue with the Newcastle one at all.

He was pulled back and it put him off balance.

He can take that all day and get F**k all respect for it or he can do what every other elite forward in the league does.

Every single one.

They go to ground when impeded regardless of how minor.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1456: Jan 21, 2019 09:33:37 pm

You can if he keeps getting fouled

The Newcastle one was a penalty all day

I don’t see any issue with the Newcastle one at all.

He was pulled back and it put him off balance.

He can take that all day and get f**k all respect for it or he can do what every other elite forward in the league does.

Every single one.

They go to ground when impeded regardless of how minor.

That's the thing I don't get, he's does the Newcastle defender, the defender is then on the wrong side, in no position to be in control and pulls him back to desperately try to stop Mo getting a shot away

They look soft but forget that and look at it from the defenders view.. he was fu**ed and tried something illegal

Penalty
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1457: Jan 21, 2019 09:44:06 pm
      You can if he keeps getting fouled

The Newcastle one was a penalty all day

That's the thing I don't get, he's does the Newcastle defender, the defender is then on the wrong side, in no position to be in control and pulls him back to desperately try to stop Mo getting a shot away

They look soft but forget that and look at it from the defenders view.. he was fu**ed and tried something illegal

Penalty

Exactly. Football.

You can’t tackle by pulling with your hands.

It’s a foul and in the box a penalty and you’re a dick for doing it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1458: Jan 21, 2019 10:52:46 pm
      It's hard to break down tribal attitudes.

If that is Neymar for PSG, Young for United then we would have a different opinion of it.

Personally I'm looking at it from a practical point of view. The contact was there V Newcastle and he took it as is his choice.

He chose to go down and in doing so the first mutterings that he went down easily begin. Since then he's gone down softly and won another pen, been hauled to the ground for an easy pen then hit the deck for very little reason this weekend.

If people think it's a good idea he carries on doing it then that's up to them.

He was cute against Newcastle but he's over played his hand with this latest one. In many ways the media witch hunt was inevitable.

I think with the current vibe around him he would be foolish to keep hitting the deck under those same circumstances and it might be an idea if he's not figured it out for himself that someone tells him as much.

He can't keep doing it and getting away with it. Yellows, retrospective bans and wrong calls against him will follow as a result if he does.

As for this weekends incident if we are going to carry on with the idea that there was minimal contact with his upper body 2 seconds earlier as a truly legitimate cause for him hitting the deck then theres no point carrying on the discussion.

In the real world outside the LFC he now probably needs to stop because from now on in it will most probably count against him.

Due to reputation, a repeat of the Newcastle incident from now will more than likely result in him being booked.
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2019 10:59:56 pm by fields of anny rd »
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1459: Jan 22, 2019 12:01:09 am
      a repeat of the Newcastle incident from now will more than likely result in him being booked.

I think that is where your going to get push back from forum members.

I saw Mo get around the Toon defender and get his feet hacked...he stayed his ground fought through it then the defender decided to pull him back as he gotten beaten twice in 10 seconds.

It wasn't and incident it was a multiple fouls leading to the pen.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1460: Jan 22, 2019 07:21:07 am
      It's hard to break down tribal attitudes.

If that is Neymar for PSG, Young for United then we would have a different opinion of it.

Personally I'm looking at it from a practical point of view. The contact was there V Newcastle and he took it as is his choice.

He chose to go down and in doing so the first mutterings that he went down easily begin. Since then he's gone down softly and won another pen, been hauled to the ground for an easy pen then hit the deck for very little reason this weekend.

If people think it's a good idea he carries on doing it then that's up to them.

He was cute against Newcastle but he's over played his hand with this latest one. In many ways the media witch hunt was inevitable.

I think with the current vibe around him he would be foolish to keep hitting the deck under those same circumstances and it might be an idea if he's not figured it out for himself that someone tells him as much.

He can't keep doing it and getting away with it. Yellows, retrospective bans and wrong calls against him will follow as a result if he does.

As for this weekends incident if we are going to carry on with the idea that there was minimal contact with his upper body 2 seconds earlier as a truly legitimate cause for him hitting the deck then theres no point carrying on the discussion.

In the real world outside the LFC he now probably needs to stop because from now on in it will most probably count against him.

Due to reputation, a repeat of the Newcastle incident from now will more than likely result in him being booked.

Nothing tribal about it.

I understand what you’re saying and disagree wholeheartedly.

That’s all.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1461: Jan 22, 2019 07:34:33 am
      Nothing tribal about it.

That’s all.

Yeah me too

It's not a case of defending him because he's a red. I thought he looked pretty daft against palace even though I'm not 100% sure he "dives" as I don't think he claims for the penalty

However as I said it's not a red thing. I thought 100% the one in the Wolves game on Sterling was 100% a penalty when plenty on here said he dived
      He didn't
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #1462: Jan 22, 2019 11:29:27 am
      I'm sure if someone looked hard enough, they could find tons of occasions where Mo was fouled (kicked, grabbed, pulled, etc) but tried to carry on and ended up with nothing.  If you don't go down, then the foul doesn't get called.  Players need to know when to go down vs when to carry on, but it's a very thin line.  They are daft when they don't drop to earn a penalty after a clear foul, but they are cheats if they anticipate a foul that never comes.  It's actually a very unfair expectation when you think about it....

As for how Mo carries on from here -- I'd tell him just to keep playing his natural game.  Don't overthink the pens, and don't get caught up with the opinions of some that you are going down soft -- the lion doesn't concern itself with the opinions of the sheep.  Just play the same way you always do and whatever happens will be what was meant to be. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1463: Jan 22, 2019 11:45:48 am
      Nothing tribal about it.

That’s all.

So you think a repeat of last weekend's fall is advisable?
      Kopite78
      Reply #1464: Jan 22, 2019 11:48:41 am

Do you think believing the media hype surrounding Newcastle and Brighton is right?

Sad that
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1465: Jan 22, 2019 11:51:17 am
      I'm sure if someone looked hard enough, they could find tons of occasions where Mo was fouled (kicked, grabbed, pulled, etc) but tried to carry on and ended up with nothing. 

Which was in my opinion why he was getting those pens but if people like it or not the landscape has changed a bit now. The microscope is on him. I just want us to be smart. I don't give a F**k about us being honest.

My point is Mo has become a talking point for taking a tumble so he would be unwise to carry on.

We have 9 other outfielders though who if given a similar oppertunity to Salah v Newcastle who would probably get a penalty for us.

Salahs card however has been marked.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1466: Jan 22, 2019 11:54:43 am
      Do you think believing the media hype surrounding Newcastle and Brighton is right?

Sad that

Brighton was a nailed on pen. Newcastle was very soft. Palace was diving. There's nothing to believe or not believe in its there to see on the pitch.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1467: Jan 22, 2019 12:09:55 pm
      Brighton was a nailed on pen. Newcastle was very soft. Palace was diving. There's nothing to believe or not believe in its there to see on the pitch.

So two penalties rightly given

One not which he didn't actually claim, he immediately continued playing

You like Danny F***ing mills and Graham Poll are creating a story around him

Nice one
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1468: Jan 22, 2019 12:09:56 pm

He didn’t appeal against palace the penalty wasn’t close to being given.

I agree that the spotlight is on him though
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1469: Jan 22, 2019 12:24:54 pm

I wouldn’t tell him to change a thing.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1470: Jan 22, 2019 12:30:31 pm
      I would tell him to put his arms out in front of him so it’s more natural when he is falling!

Maybe a girly scream like Hazard so thr ref knows?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1471: Jan 22, 2019 12:49:48 pm
      Sod it, who cares? Ultimately we won and still scored 4 goals, even without a penalty. Yet some people are trying to take a moral high ground over Salah and his apparent dive that he didn’t even attempt to claim as a penalty and was immediately trying to keep hold of the ball when he went down. Salah is very good at backing into players and then using his strength to get past them in tight spaces, perhaps it’s a case that he tried backing into Sakho but didn’t realise Sakho wasn’t there so therefore fell onto the ground?

Mountain out of a mole hill being made. As for the other “dives”, was there, or was there not contact? Arsenal - Sokratis fouled him twice, Newcastle - kicked and pulled back
      Brighton - fouled multiple times on the penalty award.
      If teams are thinking he’s diving, then why the hell are they trying to constantly grab hold of his arm or shoulder in the box every time he gets past them?
      If you want to see a dive then look at Vardy, look at Kane, look at Maddison and look at Pogba, no contact made on any of them. But of course, that doesn’t fit the agenda does it.

Bit rich coming from Danny F***ing Mills too, the man who admitted to laying on the ground to get Ronaldinho sent off, even though he was barely touched.

Quick Reply