Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546921 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1472: Jan 22, 2019 01:08:59 pm
      Sod it, who cares? Ultimately we won and still scored 4 goals, even without a penalty. Yet some people are trying to take a moral high ground over Salah and his apparent dive that he didn’t even attempt to claim as a penalty and was immediately trying to keep hold of the ball when he went down. Salah is very good at backing into players and then using his strength to get past them in tight spaces, perhaps it’s a case that he tried backing into Sakho but didn’t realise Sakho wasn’t there so therefore fell onto the ground?

Mountain out of a mole hill being made. As for the other “dives”, was there, or was there not contact? Arsenal - Sokratis fouled him twice, Newcastle - kicked and pulled back
      Brighton - fouled multiple times on the penalty award.
      If teams are thinking he’s diving, then why the hell are they trying to constantly grab hold of his arm or shoulder in the box every time he gets past them?
      If you want to see a dive then look at Vardy, look at Kane, look at Maddison and look at Pogba, no contact made on any of them. But of course, that doesn’t fit the agenda does it.

Bit rich coming from Danny f**king Mills too, the man who admitted to laying on the ground to get Ronaldinho sent off, even though he was barely touched.

I F***ing hate that c**t Danny Mills - he’s never once said anything remotely positive about Liverpool (as an unbiased pundit) he’s an absolutely pr**k
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1473: Jan 22, 2019 01:37:59 pm
      So two penalties rightly given

One not which he didn't actually claim, he immediately continued playing

You like Danny F***ing mills and Graham Poll are creating a story around him

Nice one

I wouldn't listen to them cu*ts if you paid me. I doubt Mills and three card trick are advocating getting someone else to dive next week. My views are my own.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1474: Jan 22, 2019 01:44:02 pm
      I wouldn't listen to them cu*ts if you paid me. I doubt Mills and three card trick are advocating getting someone else to dive next week. My views are my own.

Fair play mate - and you’re entitled to ‘em.

Just for balance though that’s not entirely consistent with suggesting those who don’t agree are being tribal is it?

Or am I missing something?

Can’t have it both ways ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1475: Jan 22, 2019 01:59:45 pm
      Outside the penalty area, a player is running with the ball, another player brushes his arm, he goes down.

Free kick yellow card.

(From Saturday)
      Salah is in the penalty area, Sakho grabs him, kicks him, puts his arm across him and tries to push him backwards.
      Salah goes down.
      No penalty, no card.
      The media whip up a false frenzy while also displaying staggering hypocrisy (Kane and Alli), Shearer mounts his soap box (dirty foreign cheating bas**rds, but "our boys" are free to do it).

LFC fans who should know better jump aboard the bandwagon and continue to feed the fake media shitstorm.

Well done.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1476: Jan 22, 2019 04:01:21 pm
      Outside the penalty area, a player is running with the ball, another player brushes his arm, he goes down.

Free kick yellow card.

(From Saturday)
      Salah is in the penalty area, Sakho grabs him, kicks him, puts his arm across him and tries to push him backwards.
      Salah goes down.
      No penalty, no card.
      The media whip up a false frenzy while also displaying staggering hypocrisy (Kane and Alli), Shearer mounts his soap box (dirty foreign cheating bas**rds, but "our boys" are free to do it).

LFC fans who should know better jump aboard the bandwagon and continue to feed the fake media shitstorm.

Well done.

First of all - Sahko didn’t grab him or push him etc etc and any touch on the ankle was sleight if anything - none of what happened to Salah should have resulted him going down on the floor - it wasn’t a foul or a pen etc - it was all exaggeration by Salah - that’s nothing to with believing media hype etc that’s seeing it happen. Don’t give a monkeys about what’s Shearer etc where saying - only a couple of weeks ago they were praising him for staying on his feet against Bournemouth when he was clattered on his Achilles

He just has to be careful - the last thing he needs is to get given the rep and refs will see it and he stops getting decisions or he ends up with a ban - the media do have plenty of power of persuasion, refs analysed the match and all concluded it was a dive - other pens he has got we’re soft but the touch was sufficient enough to result in a penalty

No one is “feeding a fake shitstorm” etc etc - Mo has started to go down far too easily - you can see it and it’s just needs to happen, if there is no ammunition for the media then it goes away
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #1477: Jan 22, 2019 04:11:23 pm

No one is “feeding a fake shitstorm” etc etc - Mo has started to go down far too easily - you can see it and it’s just needs to happen, if there is no ammunition for the media then it goes away

I think what he meant is that some pundits just create a sh*t storm for the sake of it, especially with non english players. When Kane dives they say ''well, he is being clever, it's a tactic'', when some non English player does it they go on a rant on how they are ''destroying the game'' or what not bullshit.

Dives are part of the game now, it p*sses us off but we have to accept that more and more players are doing it maybe out of desperation to try to win the game somehow or in a form of tw@ttery.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1478: Jan 22, 2019 06:07:55 pm
      First of all - Sahko didn’t grab him or push him etc etc and any touch on the ankle was sleight if anything - none of what happened to Salah should have resulted him going down on the floor - it wasn’t a foul or a pen etc - it was all exaggeration by Salah - that’s nothing to with believing media hype etc that’s seeing it happen. Don’t give a monkeys about what’s Shearer etc where saying - only a couple of weeks ago they were praising him for staying on his feet against Bournemouth when he was clattered on his Achilles

He just has to be careful - the last thing he needs is to get given the rep and refs will see it and he stops getting decisions or he ends up with a ban - the media do have plenty of power of persuasion, refs analysed the match and all concluded it was a dive - other pens he has got we’re soft but the touch was sufficient enough to result in a penalty

I've watched it in HD over a dozen times now.
      Sakho's right arm comes across Salah, pushes backwards on his left shoulder.
      That's a fact.

I don't give a F**k about the refs, trying to rustle up a few quid by jumping on a bandwagon and being media whores.

It's as much a penalty as the one he "won" after VAR intervened in the FA cup.
      The fact that the tw*t pundits are only concentrating on the kicks and not on Sakho's use of his arms tells me this is just another campaign by "Engerlund" press, and another bandwagon for drama queens to make a meal of.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #1479: Jan 22, 2019 09:56:23 pm
      I've watched it in HD over a dozen times now.
      Sakho's right arm comes across Salah, pushes backwards on his left shoulder.
      That's a fact.

I don't give a f**k about the refs, trying to rustle up a few quid by jumping on a bandwagon and being media whores.

It's as much a penalty as the one he "won" after VAR intervened in the FA cup.
      The fact that the tw*t pundits are only concentrating on the kicks and not on Sakho's use of his arms tells me this is just another campaign by "Engerlund" press, and another bandwagon for drama queens to make a meal of.

Sorry Swab, but I have to disagree.  If a pen was called every time a defender used their hands/arms to jostle with an attacker or push them around a little then there would be 20 pens every game and we would concede as many as we earn.  All defenders do it, and it's not a foul -- it's a physical, contact sport and it's part and parcel of the game.  That wouldn't even be called for a pen in Spain!!
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1480: Jan 22, 2019 10:04:08 pm
      It wasn't a pen, the ref didn't give one.

Shut up moaning, salah goes down too easy for the strength he has, it's pathetic.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1481: Jan 22, 2019 10:26:19 pm
      Sorry Swab, but I have to disagree.  If a pen was called every time a defender used their hands/arms to jostle with an attacker or push them around a little then there would be 20 pens every game and we would concede as many as we earn.  All defenders do it, and it's not a foul -- it's a physical, contact sport and it's part and parcel of the game.  That wouldn't even be called for a pen in Spain!!

It's my bad for not explaining myself very well.

I don't think it was a pen, but I do think he was impeded at least as much as the pen we got in the FA cup for a defender putting an arm across him, which VAR gave.

I don't think he "went down easily", I think that the arm from Sakho upset his balance even more when he was already off balance.
      He didn't appeal, so he wasn't trying to gain an advantage.

My golden rule about pens, is that if it's a foul outside the box, it's a foul inside the box, and IMO Sakho didn't really foul him.
      Impeding him a bit is all part and parcel of trying to win the ball.

Equally though, I don't think Salah dived.

I've looked at it a load of times, and his balance was off a bit in the moment that Sakho put his hand on his shoulder and kind of pushed him back a bit, which is why he went down backwards.
      He wasn't held, or grappled or wrestled like we've seen so many times before, but the 3 instances of contact from Sakho were enough to throw his balance off.
      No foul, no pen.

I hope I've managed to explain properly this time  :laugh:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1482: Jan 22, 2019 10:44:18 pm

No Harry - sorry mate have to call you on that.

If they use their hands it’s a foul. The end.

They just don’t get given. I’ve much more sympathy with a mistimed tackle than a stray arm/pull etc - that’s just straight up cheating whether ya or anyone else.

Skrtel conceded plenty and let’s be honest really should have had more given against.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1483: Jan 22, 2019 11:04:23 pm
      No Harry - sorry mate have to call you on that.

If they use their hands it’s a foul. The end.

They just don’t get given. I’ve much more sympathy with a mistimed tackle than a stray arm/pull etc - that’s just straight up cheating whether ya or anyone else.

Skrtel conceded plenty and let’s be honest really should have had more given against.

All fair points, but in this particular instance both players were using their hands, Salah was trying to hold Sakho off, and Sakho was trying to get past.

6 and 2 3's for me in this instance
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1484: Jan 22, 2019 11:13:24 pm
      All fair points, but in this particular instance both players were using their hands, Salah was trying to hold Sakho off, and Sakho was trying to get past.

6 and 2 3's for me in this instance

For me - when the object is to impede progress it’s a foul.

That’s not football.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1485: Jan 22, 2019 11:19:51 pm
      For me - when the object is to impede progress it’s a foul.

That’s not football.

I agree, but in this case both players were trying to impede each other imo

I think that defenders get away with an awful lot, both in terms of fouling the opposition, and in terms of going to ground too easily.
      There's a conception that if a defender goes down, it must be a foul, and the same scrutiny is not applied to them, as it is to attackers.

In this particular case, there was a lot of contact, both from Salah and Sakho, but it didn't merit a foul either way for me.
      Just 2 players tussling for the ball.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1486: Jan 23, 2019 10:01:04 am
      Apparently he’s deactivated his Twitter account

https://twitter.com/anfieldhq/status/1088000699986837505?s=21

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #1487: Jan 23, 2019 10:22:35 am

Wonder what that means, could be mistaken for a reference to Madrid.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1488: Jan 23, 2019 11:06:03 am
      Facebook and Instagram gone too.

People are full of sh*t.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1489: Jan 23, 2019 11:27:15 am
      Maybe Salah has gone social media quiet to concentrate on the fixtures ahead?..

I wouldn’t read too much into the ‘real’ comment either..

I think we’ll see a beast of a player once we resume our games..mans gonna be on 🔥....
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1490: Jan 23, 2019 11:35:49 am
      Don’t blame him.

Some of the stuff he must see is utterly vile.

https://twitter.com/alfieperkins_/status/1087703330074304512?s=21
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1491: Jan 23, 2019 11:45:34 am

I might have to puke in disgust after reading this. To see about a 1000 likes on this tosser is even more sh*te. F***ing low life bunch.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #1492: Jan 23, 2019 12:00:02 pm
      Don’t blame the lad one bit, to be honest I reckon there’s a lot worse than Mo that could do with a break from Social Media... can only see positives in this, well in Mo.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #1493: Jan 23, 2019 12:10:24 pm

People are just F***ing tw*ts with keyboards these days . Shameful
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1494: Jan 23, 2019 01:45:36 pm
      Kids who probably don’t know their 10x tables yet allowed on Twitter............what’s going on?

Quick Reply