Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546643 times
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1495: Jan 23, 2019 02:33:59 pm
      Some people are simply idiots. Don't have any other explanation for someone who is able to say something like that to another human being, online or off. Mo probably had enough of that sh*t.

Anyway, found some comparisons on Facebook involving our "diver" of a player compared to some other ones. To me, these explain all the meltdowns people are having about him in the past few days. He is one of the greatest players in the world and people who don't want to admit that are just trying to find faults in him. I think that the man is still very, very underrated.

Comparing Salah’s last 2 seasons with Ronaldo's, Henry's, Rooney's and Aguero's PRIME seasons.

Best thing about him, he is ours.
      +11
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #1496: Jan 23, 2019 06:18:34 pm
      Some people are simply idiots. Don't have any other explanation for someone who is able to say something like that to another human being, online or off. Mo probably had enough of that sh*t.

Anyway, found some comparisons on Facebook involving our "diver" of a player compared to some other ones. To me, these explain all the meltdowns people are having about him in the past few days. He is one of the greatest players in the world and people who don't want to admit that are just trying to find faults in him. I think that the man is still very, very underrated.

Comparing Salah’s last 2 seasons with Ronaldo's, Henry's, Rooney's and Aguero's PRIME seasons.

Best thing about him, he is ours.

Just 1 yellow card? What a cheat!  :f_whistle:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1497: Jan 23, 2019 10:25:04 pm
      Just 1 yellow card? What a cheat!  :f_whistle:

That yellow was vs Chelsea away last season.... for diving :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1498: Jan 24, 2019 12:56:02 am

That F***ing c**t, hope someone finds him and smashes the F**k out of the c**t. Disgusting!!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1499: Jan 24, 2019 03:02:01 am
      I think Mo is just going off social media in order to concentrate on the second half of the season.

Despite the fact that he gets attacked, he is one of the most beloved guys with a Twitter account in the world.

Most of the bad comments probably don't find their way to him without about 5000 Egyptians and LFC fans ripping the persons behind it to shreds as well as every bad comment being outweighed by 10000 positive ones.

The way I read his New Resolution: Getting in touch for real means to actually connect with people more in real life and less over the internet as well as being connected to what really matters which is the end if this season and securing the Trophy.

I've always had the feeling that Mo was absolutely 100% truthful every time he said he likes individual awards but that his most important goal is to win trophies for this club. Let's hope all this just means he's putting it into 5th gear.

KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1500: Jan 25, 2019 01:17:46 pm
      Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah returns to social media - and it explains everything
      Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has made a dramatic return to social media - by getting ready to open a box.

Salah sent Reds supporters into meltdown earlier this week when he posted a cryptic message on Twitter that read: "2019 Resolution: Time to get in touch, for real."

The Egyptian then later deactivated not only his Twitter account, but also his Facebook and Instagram accounts.
      It prompted speculation over why Salah, who has millions of followers on social media, would vanish completely from the platforms.

On Thursday, though, came a hint from logistics group DHL Express Egypt, who posted on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook saying: "We've reached Mo Salah and we can connect you to him."

And Salah returned to social media on Friday afternoon by posting an image of himself looking particularly chuffed while preparing to open a package from DHL.

As a promotional exercise, it has certainly worked.
      And any worried Liverpool fans will be delighted there was nothing untoward about Salah's temporary disappearance.

Oh Mo, you cheeky scamp, you.

Link

So it was all an advertising stunt. Well played Mo.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1501: Jan 25, 2019 03:59:38 pm
      Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah returns to social media - and it explains everything
      Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has made a dramatic return to social media - by getting ready to open a box.

Salah sent Reds supporters into meltdown earlier this week when he posted a cryptic message on Twitter that read: "2019 Resolution: Time to get in touch, for real."

The Egyptian then later deactivated not only his Twitter account, but also his Facebook and Instagram accounts.
      It prompted speculation over why Salah, who has millions of followers on social media, would vanish completely from the platforms.

On Thursday, though, came a hint from logistics group DHL Express Egypt, who posted on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook saying: "We've reached Mo Salah and we can connect you to him."

And Salah returned to social media on Friday afternoon by posting an image of himself looking particularly chuffed while preparing to open a package from DHL.

As a promotional exercise, it has certainly worked.
      And any worried Liverpool fans will be delighted there was nothing untoward about Salah's temporary disappearance.

Oh Mo, you cheeky scamp, you.

Link

So it was all an advertising stunt. Well played Mo.

That's actually quite a cleaver advertising stunt.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1502: Jan 27, 2019 01:00:06 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1503: Jan 27, 2019 01:49:26 pm
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #1504: Jan 27, 2019 10:45:04 pm
      Kinda forget how big a player Salah is. I reckon in Africa and middle East only Messi and Ronaldo rival him.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1505: Jan 30, 2019 02:14:00 am
      Are we going to see the so-called pundits and media get their panties in a twist over Lingaard ''spectacular'' dive today against Burnley or is it only when Salah falls a bit too easy that they feel the need to chat sh*t for a week?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1506: Jan 30, 2019 02:26:18 am
      He’s getting a hat trick vs Leicester ;)
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1507: Jan 31, 2019 06:38:54 pm
      Posing with Pogba on Twitter, not cool man 🤦‍♂️
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1508: Jan 31, 2019 11:23:58 pm
      While he looked a bit off his game last night, I felt he wasn't getting any service at all. So many F***ing times was screaming for the lads to play it into Mo's feet, he'll turn Maguire and be through on goal but that pass never happened.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1509: Feb 01, 2019 10:26:36 am
      While he looked a bit off his game last night, I felt he wasn't getting any service at all. So many f**king times was screaming for the lads to play it into Mo's feet, he'll turn Maguire and be through on goal but that pass never happened.

Problem with that was he was being marked by 2 at all times with another bank of 4 behind him

Leicester defended superbly last night.. I genuinely  don't think many other in the run in have that capability

The vast majority of that game last night was played in one third of the pitch. There was so little space to do anything
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1510: Feb 01, 2019 11:11:49 am
      Are we going to see the so-called pundits and media get their panties in a twist over Lingaard ''spectacular'' dive today against Burnley or is it only when Salah falls a bit too easy that they feel the need to chat sh*t for a week?

The sh*t they chat cost us a penalty when Mo was assaulted in the area and no action taken, having a ref with judgement, bias and visual issues was a major factor.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1511: Feb 01, 2019 11:52:54 am
      The sh*t they chat cost us a penalty when Mo was assaulted in the area and no action taken, having a ref with judgement, bias and visual issues was a major factor.

Pissed me off that. The commentators were saying Mo went down far too easily and it was never a penalty. Immediately thought to myself, ok then, how about you get a forearm to the face when you are running and let’s see if you fall over...f**king cu*ts.

We could have had a player get two footed and his leg broken in the box and we wouldn’t have gotten a penalty, it’s like Atkinson was deliberately trying to make a point of not giving us one.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1512: Feb 01, 2019 12:22:17 pm
      It was a penalty 100% and all those saying “that’s because he goes  down too easy...” I refer to Naby.

The ref was an incompetent tart. End of.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #1513: Feb 01, 2019 01:27:35 pm
      The sooner the media hype around Mo "diving" dies down, the better for him to just get on with his game.
      I dont see the same media circus surrounding the usual suspects such as Kane, Sterling or the likes of Ashley Young.

I actually thought Maguire played very well for them and managed Mo superbly during the game...had it been one of our defenders, i would applaud him as well.

Fill your boots against West Ham Mo, they wont be able to cope with you.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1514: Feb 01, 2019 07:00:47 pm
      It was a penalty 100% and all those saying “that’s because he goes  down too easy...” I refer to Naby.

The ref was an incompetent tart. End of.

Correct mate and the same carry on was an element in Luis leaving the club.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1515: Feb 01, 2019 07:02:46 pm
      Correct mate and the same carry on was an element in Luis leaving the club.

Luis left cause he wanted to

He did for at least 18 months before he eventually forced it.

He wanted to fulfil his and his wife's lifetime goal of moving to Barcelona where her family live
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1516: Feb 01, 2019 07:03:54 pm
      Still prefer mo cutting in from the right instead of playing centrally,  more of a threat
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1517: Feb 01, 2019 07:10:55 pm
      Luis left cause he wanted to

He did for at least 18 months before he eventually forced it.

He wanted to fulfil his and his wife's lifetime goal of moving to Barcelona where her family live

Not according to the man himself in his book .

Quick Reply