Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546435 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1518: Feb 01, 2019 07:13:10 pm
      Not according to the man himself in his book .

😀

Yeah he hated the press that much he wanted to get away from it at arsenal
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1519: Feb 01, 2019 07:56:51 pm
      Still prefer mo cutting in from the right instead of playing centrally,  more of a threat

Think he was trying that at times against Leicester, the biggest problem though was there was no support or space being created for him to do it effectively because our midfield were lacking so much in creativity that Bobby has to drop right back, essentially between the defence and midfield to get the ball to try and make something happen, which as a result just made it easier for them to defend Mo because he had even less space and they had an extra man they could put on him with Bobby being nowhere near the attack.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1520: Feb 01, 2019 11:49:02 pm
      It was a penalty 100% and all those saying “that’s because he goes  down too easy...” I refer to Naby.

The ref was an incompetent tart. End of.

Spot on

Not one F***ing mention of that Manc c**t, was it Lingard? can't remember, being touched on the shoulder and going down like a bag of sh*t.

F**k off you Media cu*ts!!!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #1521: Feb 06, 2019 03:05:24 pm
      Apparently he was getting vocally abused by some hammers fan when he was taking corners.
      there is a video circling twatter.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1522: Feb 06, 2019 06:29:38 pm
      So Salah getting racially abused because of his background and religion seems to have stirred up less hornets in the English press than when they were accusing him of diving.

Not only that, there's less of a storm for when Sterling got racially abused. Press coverage was quite rightly all over that incident but it's clear that there's more tolerance/flexibility when it comes to Salah. Why? Because he's not English and he's also a Muslim. Simple.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1523: Feb 06, 2019 09:53:09 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1524: Feb 06, 2019 10:40:32 pm
      So Salah getting racially abused because of his background and religion seems to have stirred up less hornets in the English press than when they were accusing him of diving.

Not only that, there's less of a storm for when Sterling got racially abused. Press coverage was quite rightly all over that incident but it's clear that there's more tolerance/flexibility when it comes to Salah. Why? Because he's not English and he's also a Muslim. Simple.

Ironic given West Ham have a couple of Muslim players themselves in Diop and Nasri, so not only are they racially abusing the opposition, but also their own team.

But it doesn’t fit the media narrative. They’d rather go hell and leather after Salah and accuse him of diving on a clear foul than highlight something that really matters such as racial abuse.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1525: Feb 08, 2019 04:56:57 pm
      And West Ham think they've identified the guy and sent info to police.So fair enough, 1 guy in 60,000.
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/07/west-ham-hand-evidence-to-police-over-alleged-abuse-of-mohamed-salah
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1526: Feb 08, 2019 04:59:45 pm
      And to quote Tiswas......This is what we want!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1093517884838633474
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2019 05:25:46 pm by Boston not la »
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1527: Feb 08, 2019 05:01:02 pm

Saw that the other day. Mindblowing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1528: Feb 09, 2019 09:47:21 am

Damn that is cool, now if he could just start finding the top corner a bit more and with some more power in matches I'd be happy, honestly his shots this season have been a bit off, straight at the keeper etc and mostly tap-ins, still very important of course but I miss those curlers into the top corner from last season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1529: Feb 09, 2019 09:50:01 am
      Need him back on form ASAP
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1530: Feb 09, 2019 10:14:09 am
      You are aware he's scored 9 and assisted 3 in the last 10, right? Yeah he hasn't scored in two games and now he's out of form.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1531: Feb 09, 2019 10:20:12 am
      You are aware he's scored 9 and assisted 3 in the last 10, right? Yeah he hasn't scored in two games and now he's out of form.

For his standards - he’s out of form, most of the team is (excluding Mane)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1532: Feb 09, 2019 10:24:48 am

I did say he's still vital to us but his goals this season have mostly been tap-ins, I honestly can't think of many outstanding goals from him this campaign, like we had last season where he was regularly bending it into the top corner and scoring goals out of absolutely nothing, All I am saying is that I want the old Mo back.

BTW his goal where he made an idiot of the goalie turning him this way and that before slotting it home was his best goal so far and I really thought at that point that he was back but he's regressed a bit again, hope he can really find that top gear again but he needs Bobby to start helping him more as well.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1533: Feb 09, 2019 11:02:53 am
      I did say he's still vital to us but his goals this season have mostly been tap-ins, I honestly can't think of many outstanding goals from him this campaign, like we had last season where he was regularly bending it into the top corner and scoring goals out of absolutely nothing, All I am saying is that I want the old Mo back.

BTW his goal where he made an idiot of the goalie turning him this way and that before slotting it home was his best goal so far and I really thought at that point that he was back but he's regressed a bit again, hope he can really find that top gear again but he needs Bobby to start helping him more as well.
      Doesn't matter how they go in, the fact he got those tap ins means he is good at reading the game and that's vital for being in the right place at the right time. Some players can't do that so well and usually the players who read the game well can extend careers longer than those relying on pace and wizardry alone.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1534: Feb 09, 2019 11:08:55 am
      Think he’s been terrific but a bit unlucky in the past month.

Never stopped working.

It’ll come.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1535: Feb 09, 2019 11:52:07 am
      Doesn't matter how they go in, the fact he got those tap ins means he is good at reading the game and that's vital for being in the right place at the right time. Some players can't do that so well and usually the players who read the game well can extend careers longer than those relying on pace and wizardry alone.

Well actually it does matter a little bit how they go in because what Mo gave us last season was goals from out of no where, where he'd dribble past a couple of players and then slot it into the top corner, that is what you need when trying to break down tricky teams who are defending well, for example against West Ham he had a couple of times where he did the turn and swivel bit but then his shot was straight at the goalie, last season they would have been slotted past the goalie, its that little bit of magic which is not quite there at the moment, if Mo can rediscover that then we win the league easily, even without it we have a damned good chance of winning.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1536: Feb 09, 2019 12:21:47 pm

Start posting more often again Diego.

Your posts are rare beacons of light and reason in a sea of sh*te and defeatism.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1537: Feb 09, 2019 12:27:53 pm
      Not sure he's been as good this season. A few of his goals these days come from the spot which keeps his stats up. Last season I think maybe one of his goals was from the spot? He's on the fringes of games recently. I'm a big believer that when he comes deeper and runs at players and plays 1-2s he's a bigger danger than when he's playing for tap ins.

One things for sure is he has always liked scoring against the weaker teams and last time against Bournemouth he destroyed them. Hoping for similar this afternoon.

With the mess of the unsettled back 4 it's not one goal we need from the front 3 it's a few more than that.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1538: Feb 09, 2019 01:04:43 pm

Reminds me of Sturridge.

Stats proved that he was a massive success, but the fans would ignore that and continually claim he was having bad games.  :f_steam:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1539: Feb 10, 2019 10:45:46 pm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1540: Feb 11, 2019 09:36:00 pm
      Aguero now level on goals with Mo.

Looks like the race to the golden boot is going to be as tight as the league.

What are the odds of whoever wins it out of these two also goes on and wins the league?

Quick Reply