Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546346 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1610: Feb 27, 2019 10:23:41 pm
      Looked like a man possessed today, as others have mentioned really set the tone for the rest of the team.

Had everything but the goal today, some of the passes he made were just breathtaking.

Keep it up Mo, the goals will come!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1611: Feb 27, 2019 10:30:07 pm
      Didn't score but back to his level today. Mixed up his play beating players on the inside and out. Hard to defend against once defenders become unsure which way he is going to go.

Carry on like that the goals and assists will come. No better time than against Everton on Sunday really!!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1612: Feb 27, 2019 10:58:08 pm
      Told you he has lost some pace  :f_whistle:

Haha, actually thought of your post after his run leading up to the second goal!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1613: Feb 27, 2019 11:00:57 pm
      Haha, actually thought of your post after his run leading up to the second goal!

Was on Fire just a shame seemed a bit subdued on Sunday but frightened the life out of them especially first half
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1614: Feb 27, 2019 11:03:23 pm
      Wow he was a man possessed tonight. His pace was absolutely frightening and he was just full of confidence. Shame he didn’t get a goal but they’ll come, nothing surer.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1615: Feb 27, 2019 11:12:00 pm
      Was on Fire just a shame seemed a bit subdued on Sunday but frightened the life out of them especially first half

He was insane today but i think it was down to having Trent back and we stretched Watford a lot better than we did UTD, it allowed him to run at players and try to dribble into space, whereas against United that space just wasn't there.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1616: Mar 03, 2019 08:25:41 pm
      He's had a poor couple of matches this past week but saying so won't make a difference. But supporting him all the way will. Since he came to us in summer 2017 he's dragged us along with him thanks to his sensational ability. Now that he helped us out maybe we could do the same and help him out - give him all the backing and support he deserves. Being a wonderful footballer and an even better human being, it's the least he deserves. Keep at it Mo - your shining moment of glory will come.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1617: Mar 03, 2019 08:30:55 pm
      Salah looked dangerous today but his touch let him down at vital moments.

His still after that record for fastest to 50 PL goals right, which no doubt he will get but I hope the pressure of that goal isn't getting to him.

Once he gets that one goal I think we will see Mo playing with a lot more confidence and be more clinical going forward.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1618: Mar 03, 2019 08:36:23 pm
      His form since coming back from Dubai has fallen off a cliff face.

Unable to control a ball, misplacing simple 5 yard passes and taking too many touches when he is through on goal is usually a sign of someone feeling the pressure.

There again he like his two partners carry all the goal threat with zilch coming from midfield maybe it’s not too surprising.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1619: Mar 03, 2019 10:25:39 pm
      Hes been sh*t but ye cant say that here
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1620: Mar 04, 2019 02:22:07 am
      He was sh*t but he's still our Mo.

His touch let him down today, badly.

Come on Mo, get you're mojo back and get this Team across the line.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #1621: Mar 04, 2019 04:20:09 am
      Needs to use his right foot more, a couple of those chances he took an extra touch to get on his left where if he hit it across goal on his right he might've had more success.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1622: Mar 04, 2019 05:08:54 am
      I just can't get too upset with him after his feats last year, but I can be disappointed with his efforts and call out to the TV screen to get him off, every now and again, as I did today.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1623: Mar 04, 2019 08:25:14 am
      I am open to ship him for the right reasons (money, trade), as long as he has value. I think Zaha/Asensio would be an upgrade to him (not Werner though!). He offers nothing if he doesn't click. A guy like Bobby - even if he's sh*t he does press and tackle and try to be a disruptive force. Not Salah, Mo plays almost bodyless and chickens out of almost any tougher fight for the ball.

I am starting to agree, I think something is not quite right with him since the Ramos incident, he pulls out of 50-50's and just doesn't have the same kind of confidence and invention that he used, he has lost his magic. He is still a very good striker but in all seriousness if someone offers us enough money to get Mbappe then I'd jump at it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1624: Mar 04, 2019 08:28:56 am
      I just can't get too upset with him after his feats last year, but I can be disappointed with his efforts and call out to the TV screen to get him off, every now and again, as I did today.

I agree Klopp needs to be braver with this, if Salah starts off poorly then he carries on the same, he's not one of those players who gets better during a game, like for example Hendo who settled down after a very jittery headless chicken first 20 mins. I would have loved for Klopp to have rolled the dice today and brought on Shaq for Salah at halftime
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1625: Mar 04, 2019 08:30:41 am
      I agree Klopp needs to be braver with this, if Salah starts off poorly then he carries on the same, he's not one of those players who gets better during a game, like for example Hendo who settled down after a very jittery headless chicken first 20 mins. I would have loved for Klopp to have rolled the dice today and brought on Shaq for Salah at halftime

Not too sure about this, something about Salah last season was if he missed a couple of chances during a game and was heavily involved, you could bet your life that he would score eventually.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1626: Mar 04, 2019 08:36:57 am
      Not too sure about this, something about Salah last season was if he missed a couple of chances during a game and was heavily involved, you could bet your life that he would score eventually.

I agree but that was last season when he was playing with joy and freedom in his heart, something is different this season, not sure if his head has been turned or if there is some phycological scarring from Ramos or something else, but he simply has not been the same player. Take for example that curled shot straight into the arms of the goalie, he has now done that exact same shot on at least 4 occasions this season whereas last year that shot was nestling into the top corner. Also where are the cute little chip shots from last season, the touches of absolute magic. I can honestly only think of one true moment of magic from him this season and that was when he danced his way around the goalie and a couple of defenders twisting and turning before slotting it home, forget who that was against. He has scored goals but they have almost all been more routine tap in type goals, still valuable of course but not the player we had last season, when you combine that with Bobby also losing his scoring form and little help from midfield plus no credible option on the bench then its actually a miracle we are in the position we are in but we MUST buy more attacking talent in the summer.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #1627: Mar 04, 2019 08:39:51 am
      I agree but that was last season when he was playing with joy and freedom in his heart, something is different this season, not sure if his head has been turned or if there is some phycological scarring from Ramos or something else, but he simply has not been the same player. Take for example that curled shot straight into the arms of the goalie, he has now done that exact same shot on at least 4 occasions this season whereas last year that shot was nestling into the top corner. Also where are the cute little chip shots from last season, the touches of absolute magic. I can honestly only think of one true moment of magic from him this season and that was when he danced his way around the goalie and a couple of defenders twisting and turning before slotting it home, forget who that was against. He has scored goals but they have almost all been more routine tap in type goals, still valuable of course but not the player we had last season, when you combine that with Bobby also losing his scoring form and little help from midfield plus no credible option on the bench then its actually a miracle we are in the position we are in but we MUST buy more attacking talent in the summer.

Thing is no one expected him to repeat last seasons form, well I didn't. He is a world class player but he is not elite to the level of Messi & Ronaldo, last season everything went for him, it's like the stars aligned every touch every pass every shot was exactly what was needed in those important moments.

He just needs to find his confidence again and maybe come to terms with the fact he wont score as many as last season.
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2019 08:46:32 am by RC9 »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1628: Mar 04, 2019 08:44:24 am
      I’m not going to dig him out - he’s amazing and will hopefully kick on now
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1629: Mar 04, 2019 09:21:08 am
      I’m not going to dig him out - he’s amazing and will hopefully kick on now

Oh I completely agree with you, he IS an amazing player but for whatever reason he doesn't have the same magic of last season, now that might be temporary or it might be long term, if its the latter then the smart thing to do is sell him while his value is still sky high. I also think all our front three could benefit from having some serious competition for places, they all know that they are miles ahead of the bench and that breeds a bit of complacency.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1630: Mar 11, 2019 12:19:44 pm
      Off form but he's a goal away from finding it again. That said he's our penalty taker and I'm not sure if he would score it if he took one just now or if it would help him if he did. Needs an open goal or something similar. Fulham a nice team for him to play next up in the league, Bayern would be a good time to do it however.
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2019 01:24:54 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1631: Mar 11, 2019 12:57:38 pm
      Well, if nothing else, that fella gave me a laugh.

Salah is playing well even though he's not scoring.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1632: Mar 11, 2019 02:12:42 pm
      Off form but he's a goal away from finding it again. That said he's our penalty taker and I'm not sure if he would score it if he took one just now or if it would help him if he did. Needs an open goal or something similar. Fulham a nice team for him to play next up in the league, Bayern would be a good time to do it however.

very insightful. Would be good for player to score goal. Thanks

Quick Reply