Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546614 times
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1748: Apr 24, 2019 07:35:21 am
      I'm talking about our poor run of draws where time and time again he was selfish, and if i remember correctly after the draw at Everton where everyone was distraught he smiled and looked like he didnt care.

In my opinion he developed an ego after his last season, it SEEMS like it is only about personal records now, given how selfish he is when we are drawing or we are 1 goal ahead, he risks our win for his personal tally. When he was chasing that record and missed numerous chances you could see how devastated he was, something you didn't notice after our draw at Everton.

Maybe i'm over the top and created a bubble where i have this impression of him, but i'm getting tired of shouting pass the ball time and time again when a teammate is free with an open goal and he decides to shoot from a tight angle.

In no way i'm berating his contribution to our team and his importance, this is more of a small thing that bothers me about him, an impression and nothing more. I hope he will finish as the league's top scorer and we win the double and he wins the Ballon D'or, i'm wishing nothing but the best for Mo, don't get me wrong.

Assists from our front 3 in the PL this season -

Mané: 1
      Firmino: 6
      Salah: 7

Doesn’t look selfish to me. I don’t mind him having a shot or going on a run on his own, he’s up there with the elite players in the world and has been our best player over the last 2 seasons.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #1749: Apr 24, 2019 10:19:21 am
      I'm talking about our poor run of draws where time and time again he was selfish, and if i remember correctly after the draw at Everton where everyone was distraught he smiled and looked like he didnt care.

In my opinion he developed an ego after his last season, it SEEMS like it is only about personal records now, given how selfish he is when we are drawing or we are 1 goal ahead, he risks our win for his personal tally. When he was chasing that record and missed numerous chances you could see how devastated he was, something you didn't notice after our draw at Everton.

Maybe i'm over the top and created a bubble where i have this impression of him, but i'm getting tired of shouting pass the ball time and time again when a teammate is free with an open goal and he decides to shoot from a tight angle.

In no way i'm berating his contribution to our team and his importance, this is more of a small thing that bothers me about him, an impression and nothing more. I hope he will finish as the league's top scorer and we win the double and he wins the Ballon D'or, i'm wishing nothing but the best for Mo, don't get me wrong.
      Try not getting all your opinions from the media & social media...
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1750: Apr 24, 2019 10:21:01 am
      Thats all bullshit. It's entirely down to the opposition trying to matk him out of the game as I said before Christmas and that's also why Sadio was free to score more

Really? So teams have suddenly stopped marking him in the past few games hence he's started scoring again? Jesus, at least have some basic observation on the sudden uptick on his touch, movement and confidence since that goal.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1751: Apr 24, 2019 04:54:41 pm
      What the f**k you talking about, Willis?

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1753: Apr 24, 2019 05:53:46 pm

Mo seems to be having a great time in the US judging by his photos on Twitter.

It's great to have one of sports biggest icons at the club especially when he's such a great footballer as well.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #1754: Apr 27, 2019 12:02:26 am
      21 goals so far and one of the top assists in the league yet he didn't make PFA team of the year.

everyone bangs on about Streling, but Salah has been better than him.

''one season wonder'' :roll:

ridiculously great player
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1755: Apr 27, 2019 01:41:33 am
      21 goals so far and one of the top assists in the league yet he didn't make PFA team of the year.

Exactly mate, he has 21 goals but how many times has he missed this year, I'd say at least 20, 15 of those, last year, he would have put away so I have him at around 35-40 goals this season which is on a par with last. They just all didn't go in the back of the net, like last season.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #1756: Apr 27, 2019 08:43:12 am
      Really? So teams have suddenly stopped marking him in the past few games hence he's started scoring again? Jesus, at least have some basic observation on the sudden uptick on his touch, movement and confidence since that goal.

nah, I prefer my explaination over your psycho-babble bullshit
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1757: Apr 27, 2019 11:09:48 pm
      Just seen a stat about the lad. In 100 games played for the club, he's been involved in 98 goals (69 goals and 29 assists)...wow

This is beyond ridiculously good and mind-blowing.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1758: Apr 30, 2019 05:02:07 pm

Ah I can tell you will be a peculiar nuisance. Nothing to do with "psycho-babble", just hard facts. Went 8 games without scoring. Since the Southampton game, played 5, scored 4. It's a better theory than your "defenders marked him out of the game" nonsense. He's a world class player, defenders have been trying to mark him out of the game since start of last season.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1759: May 01, 2019 10:15:15 am

Couldn't agree more mate.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1760: May 01, 2019 10:03:14 pm
      Surely if he is to progress again he needs to sort that right foot of his out. Hes so poor on it and against the best you might only get a shot on your weak foot and you might have to score it.

Got to sort it out.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1761: May 02, 2019 01:56:45 am
      Still can't believe he hit the post on that shot!
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #1762: May 02, 2019 08:59:52 am
      same, if he scores that we're 1 million times better off in the tie
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1763: May 02, 2019 11:29:34 am

To say it was one of those nights would be an understatement.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1764: May 04, 2019 01:46:30 pm
      To say it was one of those nights would be an understatement.
      Yup,  the whole team had one of those nights. I just can't believe we went into the Camp Nou, outplayed Barcelona for about 90% of the game and got absolutely no reward from the Football gods.

Ps: I know that we can't blame anybody else than ourselves for the result and that we should've been much more clinical in front of goal, but I'm just disgusted regardless. Sometimes you need a bit of luck, just a pinch, and we did not get any of that.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1765: May 04, 2019 10:45:27 pm
      Klopp saying he was watching the game in the changing room and he was OK. Very doubtful he’ll play against Barca considering what happened with Fabinho but just glad he’s well.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1766: May 05, 2019 12:35:47 pm
      Yup,  the whole team had one of those nights. I just can't believe we went into the Camp Nou, outplayed Barcelona for about 90% of the game and got absolutely no reward from the Football gods.

Ps: I know that we can't blame anybody else than ourselves for the result and that we should've been much more clinical in front of goal, but I'm just disgusted regardless. Sometimes you need a bit of luck, just a pinch, and we did not get any of that.

I think our luck faded out since Istanbul, look at how we lost CL final, how we lost EL final, how we lost PL tittle in 2013/14 season, and all those season we played tremendously, this season we will have 97 points and still fall short by just one, damn, point.

Seems that we have offended lady luck, but screw her, im a firm believer that glory days are just around the corner, we wont need any luck.
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2019 02:31:22 pm by Pear »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1767: May 05, 2019 02:41:20 pm
      I think our luck faded out since Istanbul, looke at how we lost CL final, how we lost EL final, how we lost PL tittle in 2013/14 season, and as things stand now, and all thiose season we played tremendously, this season we will have 97 points and still fall short by just one, damn, point.

Seems that we have offended lady luck, but screw her, im a firm believer that glory days are just around the corner, we wont need any luck.
      When you run out of luck, you make your luck! We seem to have adopted that mentality and this is what I like about this team. It's only a question of time once you adopt this mentality, especially when you back it up with a bit of money when needed like we did last summer.

I just want us to add a pinch of ''Liverpool VS everybody else'' to our mentality. Just that little bit of extra ruthlessness. I'd argue it's coming tho with wins like the one we had yesterday where we shut up a team that seemed hellbent on spoiling our hopes.

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1768: May 05, 2019 02:44:30 pm
      When you run out of luck, you make your luck! We seem to have adopted that mentality and this is what I like about this team. It's only a question of time once you adopt this mentality, especially when you back it up with a bit of money when needed like we did last summer.

I just want us to add a pinch of ''Liverpool VS everybody else'' to our mentality. Just that little bit of extra ruthlessness. I'd argue it's coming tho with wins like the one we had yesterday where we shut up a team that seemed hellbent on spoiling our hopes.

The atmosphere between the players is really amazing and it is really visible on the pitch, we have the mentality and it seems that we are really close to becoming a Bastion of Invisibility again...
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1769: May 05, 2019 02:45:30 pm
      I guess it's up to the medical team to say whether he was concussed or not?
      Then if they say he wasn't, and is OK now, that he can play on Tues. Dunno.
      Normally I'd be more cautious, but given where we're at, would be a huge loss if Mo didn't start Tues.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1770: May 05, 2019 03:20:00 pm
      Unless the doctors say absolutely No then he has to play because without him and Bobby we have no chance against Barca.

Quick Reply