Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546494 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1771: May 05, 2019 04:18:13 pm

Aboutrika said “I talked to Salah, and he is sound. He has only a mild concussion in his brain. I said to him jokingly, Do you remember me? But he replied that he wanted to forget Dejan Lovren, as he was the source of the pass that caused his injury.”

Mo gets up from a concussion and first thing that comes to his mind is to make a joke about Lovren haha.

Happy to hear it is only a mild concussion even though I am no doctor and don't know if mild is still pretty bad or not.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1772: May 05, 2019 11:34:10 pm
      Hope he's right, we need all hands on deck for the last 3 games.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1773: May 06, 2019 03:22:52 am

Mo gets up from a concussion and first thing that comes to his mind is to make a joke about Lovren haha.

Happy to hear it is only a mild concussion even though I am no doctor and don't know if mild is still pretty bad or not.

There’s no such thing as a mild concussion. You are either concussed or you aren’t (have to watch concussion videos every year as part of my coaching high school sports).

He took two jarring hits. One from a knee, the other from his head hitting the ground. He shouldn’t be playing Tuesday and very well may not be ready this weekend. His long term health is the most important thing right now. He shouldn’t play until there’s no question that he’s completely healthy.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #1774: May 06, 2019 12:15:20 pm
      There’s no such thing as a mild concussion. You are either concussed or you aren’t (have to watch concussion videos every year as part of my coaching high school sports).

He took two jarring hits. One from a knee, the other from his head hitting the ground. He shouldn’t be playing Tuesday and very well may not be ready this weekend. His long term health is the most important thing right now. He shouldn’t play until there’s no question that he’s completely healthy.
      Absolutely mate. I’ll be surprised, and a little concerned, if he is playing on Tuesday. As much as I want to win that game, we cannot be putting players at risk to do so. Looks like we will have to finish the season without both Salah and Firmino now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1775: May 06, 2019 01:20:16 pm
      Absolutely mate. I’ll be surprised, and a little concerned, if he is playing on Tuesday. As much as I want to win that game, we cannot be putting players at risk to do so. Looks like we will have to finish the season without both Salah and Firmino now.

Looks like you got your wish, he's not playing on Tuesday, I do agree you need to be safe with these things, but dammit its F***ing annoying, twice we get fu**ed in the CL with key injuries at crucial times!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1776: May 07, 2019 12:34:56 am
      Looks like you got your wish, he's not playing on Tuesday, I do agree you need to be safe with these things, but dammit its f**king annoying, twice we get fu**ed in the CL with key injuries at crucial times!

Poor Man...gets injured (c**t Ramos) in last years Final

now misses a massive semi final leg.

Can't wait till he gets to a Final for us, he's gonna tear it up!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1777: May 08, 2019 12:01:28 am
      Hes gonna tear the Final apart.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1778: May 08, 2019 12:06:29 am
      Never give up!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1779: May 08, 2019 12:54:56 am

That was awesome! The smiles on his and Bobby’s faces at the end. they can’t believe their their luck!!!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1780: May 08, 2019 04:44:53 am
      Without over hyping it to the rank of "genius", I think it was a nice little touch from him in order to give a little motivational boost to his teammates and to be honest, these lads just showed up with loads of it anyway. Nice move nonetheless
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1781: May 08, 2019 03:33:39 pm
      Loved the attitude of showing up with that Never Give Up shirt. I'd buy one right now if I knew where to find it by the way.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1782: May 08, 2019 03:36:22 pm
      Loved the attitude of showing up with that Never Give Up shirt. I'd buy one right now if I knew where to find it by the way.

Probably £600 mate
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1783: May 08, 2019 10:39:00 pm

Redmen TV have it mate ;)
      Kopite78
      Reply #1784: May 08, 2019 10:39:40 pm
      Time to right the wrong of last year's final Mo and live your dream of lifting ol big ears
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1785: May 08, 2019 10:48:52 pm
      hattrick on Sunday followed by the Golden boot a few weeks off ready for the CL final and the winner and then the experts can say he has had a poor season
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1786: May 09, 2019 09:20:20 am
      Time to right the wrong of last year's final Mo and live your dream of lifting ol big ears

He's gonna tear it up mate!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1787: May 09, 2019 11:16:06 am

Theres been a few hints just before he was injured that hes about to break out into beast mode.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1788: May 09, 2019 11:25:13 am
      looking for a wee Mo hat trick sunday.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1789: May 09, 2019 12:11:32 pm
      Poetic justice.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1790: May 12, 2019 10:00:56 pm
      Dont want to labour on this for too long but I'm glad Mane levelled with him for golden boot. The lad takes too much stock by it. At times hes making poor and selfish choices to get himself the glory.

Never really took much importance by the award and much prefer to see the success of the team taking precedent over individual landmarks.

I'm not against the award but I want to see it won like he did last season within the context of our play and not manufactured through selfish play.

Mane has been just behind VVD for our best player in my opinion and I'm glad he gets the recognition too.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1791: May 12, 2019 10:24:28 pm
      I think our lads need the break they have been through some incredibly difficult months and have done themselves proud.
      Non more so than Mo he has been the focal point for so much attention but still has done the business all season along with Sadio and Bobby
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1792: May 12, 2019 10:32:50 pm
      Dont want to labour on this for too long but I'm glad Mane levelled with him for golden boot. The lad takes too much stock by it. At times hes making poor and selfish choices to get himself the glory.

Never really took much importance by the award and much prefer to see the success of the team taking precedent over individual landmarks.

I'm not against the award but I want to see it won like he did last season within the context of our play and not manufactured through selfish play.

Mane has been just behind VVD for our best player in my opinion and I'm glad he gets the recognition too.

Oh F**k off with this sh*te - how many assists has Salah got this season? A lot more than Mane I bet.

I just don’t understand posts like this - why dig out one of the best players we’ve ever had?
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #1793: May 12, 2019 11:16:50 pm

Good point mate.

There were times in the match today where Salah was just going for the Golden Boot. When he tried to force his football like that, it more often than not fails. He is such a naturally brilliant footballer, that he just needs to let go of the tension and pressure, and play his game.

There were also times in the match today when people were calling for Salah to get another goal to get the Golden Boot.

Don't recall seeing the same clamour for Mane, or from Mane. But he has earned it - and it is nice that they both share the acclaim this season. Mane has been brilliant. Well deserved for Salah and Mane. What a statement again - after Salah being such a standout player last season!

Quick Reply