Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546711 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1794: May 13, 2019 12:05:16 am
      A year ago when he won the golden boot Harry Kane started making snide comments about how let’s see if he can manage it again and show it wasn’t a one off. Well, guess what, he’s done it again!

Well in Mo!
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #1795: May 13, 2019 04:30:42 pm
      Oh f**k off with this sh*te - how many assists has Salah got this season? A lot more than Mane I bet.

I just don’t understand posts like this - why dig out one of the best players we’ve ever had?
      It's OK to expand beyond "fanboy" ball washing and examine play in a more critical manner.
      My turn: Unlike 2017-18, this year Salah's limitations were more on display. While his engine and desire go unmatched, he struggled as the target of LFC's offense and his turnover rate was far too high in many games. Some but not all defenders had no problem matching his pace. No doubt Mo was the focal point of most defensive game plans and the man rarely had any space to shoot. His left leg precision disappeared this year because of the defense but also because Mo had troubles getting it on net. I would categorize his goal scoring as mostly cleanup of loose balls....which is a huge part of scoring from the front lines...... But his ability to create his own shot all but disappeared this year.
      22 goals is tremendous, same for Mane.......but....these two could have linked up for a dozen more if their personal ambitions didn't get in the way.
      Frankly, Golden Boot ambition created a problem on the field for LFC.

OT: was it only me who noticed Mane's recent post-goal celebrations purposely avoided Mo? Even on the last day of the season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1796: May 13, 2019 04:50:59 pm
      OT: was it only me who noticed Mane's recent post-goal celebrations purposely avoided Mo? Even on the last day of the season.

Borg - you’re saying I’m a fanboy ball washer? Go F**k yourself.

Anyway - your Mane observation is bullshit too, he goes straight to his provider every time - TAA. Standard Mane celebration.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1797: May 13, 2019 04:53:07 pm
      Oh F**k off with this sh*te - how many assists has Salah got this season? A lot more than Mane I bet.

I just don’t understand posts like this - why dig out one of the best players we’ve ever had?

No you F**k off. The lad was after the golden boot. Doesn't sit right with me I'm afraid. Was in scavenger mode all game.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1798: May 13, 2019 05:11:33 pm
      No you f**k off. The lad was after the golden boot. Doesn't sit right with me I'm afraid. Was in scavenger mode all game.

Yawn
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1799: May 13, 2019 05:19:13 pm
      Come on ladies
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1800: May 13, 2019 05:28:43 pm
      Controversy...selfish striker..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1801: May 13, 2019 06:35:54 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1802: May 13, 2019 06:51:17 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1803: May 13, 2019 07:01:34 pm
      Controversy...selfish striker..

Dont mind that but it was getting silly towards the end of games. Against Huddersfield Gary Neville was just laughing to himself about it and then again against Wolves where he sees Hendo in acres of space bit then goes down a blind alley just so he can get a shot off.

Just a bit silly but I'm done now. I'm sure in the CL final all that daft stuff will be put to one side.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1804: May 13, 2019 07:41:24 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1805: May 13, 2019 07:42:35 pm
      UnitedCharity
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #1806: May 16, 2019 12:28:49 pm
      For the benefit of the German children's charity Kinderlachen, we're auctioning off a Liverpool shirt signed by Mo Salah: https://www.unitedcharity.de/en/Auctions/Mo-Salah-shirt
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1807: May 16, 2019 02:46:31 pm
      Dont mind that but it was getting silly towards the end of games. Against Huddersfield Gary Neville was just laughing to himself about it and then again against Wolves where he sees Hendo in acres of space bit then goes down a blind alley just so he can get a shot off.

Just a bit silly but I'm done now. I'm sure in the CL final all that daft stuff will be put to one side.
      Been selfish at times?...yes like any other striker. Mane too?...yes like any other striker.

He's been considerably more marked this season and what he did last season was hard to reproduce anyway. Add to that the fact that we transitioned from a style of play that had the whole team pressing like madmen high up the pitch to create a lot of scoring chances at the expense of exposing our defence to something much more balanced.

We also struggled to score goal as a team for a good month and a half after Christmas. I remember that stretch of game was characterised by the fact that the front 3 was completely isolated from our midfield who was really dull in terms of creating anything going forward.

Point is he had a great season, why look for problems where there is none? Mane celebrated as he usually does and Salah seemed happy to celebrate our goals all season long regardless of who scored them.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1808: May 20, 2019 03:26:03 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1809: May 21, 2019 02:33:07 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #1810: Jun 01, 2019 10:07:24 am
      A hat trick from the 'one Season wonder' tonight would go down a treat I Think!   GO MO!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1811: Jun 01, 2019 02:30:33 pm
      A hat trick from the 'one Season wonder' tonight would go down a treat I Think!   GO MO!

Aye especially after that empty vessel moron Kane made a scene last year about the golden boot and all his rubbish of ‘let’s see if he can do it again next year’. Well he F***ing did and tonight when he scores and we win, Mo will enter the footballers stratosphere!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1812: Jun 01, 2019 02:33:40 pm
      On Mo I think you are going to shut a few experts up tonight with your mate Sadio. The best Liverpool side for a generation starts its domination tonight
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1813: Jun 02, 2019 08:10:43 am
      How many times, since he signed for us, have we heard this guy, as he was collecting another one of his plethora of individual awards, say:

''This is not important, what is important for me is to win something for this club, win something for the fans''

or

''My goal is to win something for this club, the fans deserve it, I appreciate the individual awards, but the team and winning something for the club and the fans is the most important thing for me''

He delivered. A humble and silent leader who leads by example.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #1814: Jun 02, 2019 04:23:58 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1815: Jun 02, 2019 07:31:21 pm
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #1816: Jun 02, 2019 07:43:36 pm

He’s an icon. He’s become one of those players that transcends his sport and people can identify with.

And he’s ours!!!

Quick Reply