Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546691 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1886: Sep 02, 2019 01:21:05 am
      Come off it, he hardly called him out, he just caused a scene and threw a tantrum on the bench.
      Also Mane is just as bad. Last season I remember vs Everton and Spurs Mane could have put it on a plate for Mo and Bobby but chose to go it alone.

Last season Mane got a total of 5 assists in all competitions...5!! Salah got 13, nearly 3 times as many. The reason it’s highlighted more for Salah is because he gets himself into position for big chances more often. He’s got the most assists and chances created in the last 2 years for us. Yesterday he created 4 chances, Mane created 1, Salah got 1 assists, Mane got 0.

People who are adamant Salah has this issue are kidding themselves, they are both as bad as each other and that’s why they get so many goals.

If they weren’t greedy then we wouldn’t be enjoying the success we are because some of the goals they score are the type that a lot of players would never manage because they’d choose to play the pass instead.

It’s not costing us games and if people think this is an issue, especially at 3-0 up then we clearly don’t have a lot to be worrying about with our current team and position.

While i agree with your overall point, if you really think that assist was actually an intended pass to Bobby then  :lmao:
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1887: Sep 02, 2019 08:22:27 am
      I remember 17/18 was basically Mane trying to score and replicating the exact same scenes he snapped at Mo for during the whole second half of that season and it happened again to a certain extent last season too.

Both are selfish, but like 7-King Kenny-7 pointed out (above) it's ridiculous to try and blow it out of proportion. At 3-0 I expect these guys to try and better their individual stats.

I understand Mane's frustration, but the tantrum was not necessary, achieved nothing and if other players did the same thing about his selfishness then I'm pretty sure he would end up being on the end of a fair deal of ''calling out''. Matter of fact, if memory serves me right, didn't Mo throw in a couple of assists for Mane in the last 2 or 3 games while those games were clinically dead despite Mane being 2 or 3 goals behind for the golden boot? It's okay, some days he'll be greedy, other times he'll look up and pass the ball, as long as it doesn't happen with a tights scoreline and the game still on the line.

If you have something you wanna say then just keep it for when you're back in the changing room. Snap at him face to face if you want to, but don't do it in front of the cameras.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1888: Sep 02, 2019 09:49:54 am
      I remember 17/18 was basically Mane trying to score and replicating the exact same scenes he snapped at Mo for during the whole second half of that season and it happened again to a certain extent last season too.

Both are selfish, but like 7-King Kenny-7 pointed out (above) it's ridiculous to try and blow it out of proportion. At 3-0 I expect these guys to try and better their individual stats.

I understand Mane's frustration, but the tantrum was not necessary, achieved nothing and if other players did the same thing about his selfishness then I'm pretty sure he would end up being on the end of a fair deal of ''calling out''. Matter of fact, if memory serves me right, didn't Mo throw in a couple of assists for Mane in the last 2 or 3 games while those games were clinically dead despite Mane being 2 or 3 goals behind for the golden boot? It's okay, some days he'll be greedy, other times he'll look up and pass the ball, as long as it doesn't happen with a tights scoreline and the game still on the line.

If you have something you wanna say then just keep it for when you're back in the changing room. Snap at him face to face if you want to, but don't do it in front of the cameras.

Exactly mate, changing room is the time for that, not in front of the Worlds' eyes!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1889: Sep 02, 2019 09:52:01 am
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1890: Sep 02, 2019 10:58:04 am
      Mo seems alright  :D :D :D

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1891: Sep 02, 2019 01:57:26 pm
      Storm in a teacup.

Only an idiot would try to make something of this, and try to turn it into a narrative so they can bore the arse off everyone with it all season long.

There's F**k all in it, end of story.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1892: Sep 02, 2019 02:20:35 pm
      Storm in a teacup.

Only an idiot would try to make something of this, and try to turn it into a narrative so they can bore the arse off everyone with it all season long.

There's F**k all in it, end of story.

The worst one for me was actually when he didn't lay it on to Firmino. Bobby out of the 3 is the most team orientated and also a calm guy therefore didn't make a scene.

Klopp on the other hand was not impressed and lost his sh*t on the touchline. Perhaps because at that stage it was only 2-0 and perhaps because it would have been a wonderful goal.

I don't think it will have gone unadressed after the game or this morning. I believe it's a straw that broke the camels back and against Newcastle I'm expecting and excited to see some goals laid on a plate for all of them.

As for the relationship with Mane and Salah I think it's all dealt with and there's no issues there. Sometimes your mates just piss you off and it's good to let it out and move on.

In the search for footballing utopia we were 1 pass away from some mind blowing football. The work Salah did when he should have laid on Firmino and then again for the goal in which Firmino scored was beautiful.

I dont think it needs to denegrate into miserable idiots versus Salah fanboys. There's barely anybody left on the forum as it is.

I'm not interested in a narrative I just don't like to see that greedy trait in his game. I genuinely don't. I don't agree that it's this trait that makes him such a great player. I believe that to be his outstanding talent.

It is also a sign of how well we are playing that our biggest worry is we could be winning by 4 or 5 rather than just 3. But we have to talk about something!
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2019 02:29:26 pm by fields of anny rd »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1893: Sep 02, 2019 04:57:37 pm
      While i agree with your overall point, if you really think that assist was actually an intended pass to Bobby then  :lmao:

Whether it was intended or not, an assist is an assist. Though to be fair, Salah could easily have taken the shot himself you can clearly see he stopped himself and let the ball go to Bobby, so whilst he didn’t necessarily intend on passing to Bobby, he certainly did intend on leaving it to run for him.

No doubt they will both score vs Newcastle now and have a big display of love for each other or make some joke of it all in a celebration. At least there’s no golf clubs involved.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2019 05:04:56 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1894: Sep 02, 2019 06:20:34 pm
      The worst one for me was actually when he didn't lay it on to Firmino. Bobby out of the 3 is the most team orientated and also a calm guy therefore didn't make a scene.

Klopp on the other hand was not impressed and lost his sh*t on the touchline. Perhaps because at that stage it was only 2-0 and perhaps because it would have been a wonderful goal.

I don't think it will have gone unadressed after the game or this morning. I believe it's a straw that broke the camels back and against Newcastle I'm expecting and excited to see some goals laid on a plate for all of them.

As for the relationship with Mane and Salah I think it's all dealt with and there's no issues there. Sometimes your mates just piss you off and it's good to let it out and move on.

In the search for footballing utopia we were 1 pass away from some mind blowing football. The work Salah did when he should have laid on Firmino and then again for the goal in which Firmino scored was beautiful.

I dont think it needs to denegrate into miserable idiots versus Salah fanboys. There's barely anybody left on the forum as it is.

I'm not interested in a narrative I just don't like to see that greedy trait in his game. I genuinely don't. I don't agree that it's this trait that makes him such a great player. I believe that to be his outstanding talent.

It is also a sign of how well we are playing that our biggest worry is we could be winning by 4 or 5 rather than just 3. But we have to talk about something!

All strikers are greedy, to a greater or lesser extent.

I'll reiterate - anyone trying to create a narrative out of this, so they have something to moan about all season is a F***ing idiot.
      The reason we have lost good posters is because of F***ing idiots constantly slating the team or coming up with ludicrous sh*te to try and be "controversial".
      Two of the worst culprits got binned, and properly so.

Again, storm in a F***ing teacup.
      Seen it happen thousands of times.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1895: Sep 02, 2019 06:51:43 pm
      Whether it was intended or not, an assist is an assist. Though to be fair, Salah could easily have taken the shot himself you can clearly see he stopped himself and let the ball go to Bobby, so whilst he didn’t necessarily intend on passing to Bobby, he certainly did intend on leaving it to run for him.

No doubt they will both score vs Newcastle now and have a big display of love for each other or make some joke of it all in a celebration. At least there’s no golf clubs involved.

Yeah he wasnt meaning to set Firmino up bet he stepped back from it for Bobby to bury it.

It definitely would have been a step too far if he had tackled Bobby 🤣.

That goal reminded me of one of Gerrards goals in his hatrick game against the bitters where Suarez was jinking past their defenders at will then Gerrard came in and lashed it home.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #1896: Sep 02, 2019 07:28:25 pm
      Sell the greedy b***ard.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1897: Sep 02, 2019 08:10:05 pm
      Salah, Firmino and Mané combine to be the most frightening attacking trio in the world - let’s not take it for granted and enjoy every single game because it’s not going to last forever.

I would genuinely have those 3 over any and I mean ANY player in world football.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1898: Sep 02, 2019 09:22:45 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1899: Sep 16, 2019 10:07:53 am
      Firmino with the assist of the season but Salah started and finished it with pure class.

I think we sometimes take for granted just how phenomenal this man is. The pace, vision and skill to drive into a tight box and tuck it away like that was just breath taking.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1900: Sep 16, 2019 10:13:53 am
      Firmino with the assist of the season but Salah started and finished it with pure class.

I think we sometimes take for granted just how phenomenal this man is. The pace, vision and skill to drive into a tight box and tuck it away like that was just breath taking.

Agree.

Every one has heaped praise on Bobby for the flick and rightfully so, but take nothing away from Mo had it all to do still and finished with aplomb.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1901: Sep 18, 2019 05:37:34 pm

The only positive from yesterday's match  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1902: Sep 22, 2019 08:24:02 pm
      Thought Salah was awful today how he never got the hook is beyond me
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2019 04:59:38 pm by racerx34 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1903: Sep 22, 2019 09:05:21 pm
      Thought Salah was awful today how he never got the hook is beyond me

I agree, Klopp needs to braver with this, out of Mane and Salah I would have hooked Salah first today. Would have been a good chance for Brewster or Shaq.
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2019 04:59:49 pm by racerx34 »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1904: Sep 22, 2019 09:33:02 pm
      I agree, Klopp needs to braver with this, out of Mane and Salah I would have hooked Salah first today. Would have been a good chance for Brewster or Shaq.

Mane was injured.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1905: Sep 22, 2019 09:34:30 pm

OK, hope nothing serious
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1906: Sep 22, 2019 10:15:31 pm
      Yep, how many times did he turn the ball over when trying to take on their defenders. Was doing my head in.

Thank F**k we won, I've gotten over it already!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1907: Sep 23, 2019 09:40:19 am
      Yep, how many times did he turn the ball over when trying to take on their defenders. Was doing my head in.

Thank f**k we won, I've gotten over it already!

yeah Salah is getting a bit complacent and predictable with his play, I'd say what he needs is dropping form the team to give him a bit of a jolt but we don't have anyone to replace him with, its why I was crying out for another top forward in the summer to give genuine competition to the front three.
      I'm sure he'll kick back into gear sooner rather than later though.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1908: Sep 23, 2019 10:06:18 am
      Salah had a bit of an off day, he didnt get much change out of the cheatski defense.

These things happen, thats why we have 11 in a team. Bobbi & trent stepped up for the goals.

All good and all that stuff.

All 3 forwards will be rested midweek.

Quick Reply