Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546547 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1909: Sep 23, 2019 03:52:49 pm
      yeah Salah is getting a bit complacent and predictable with his play, I'd say what he needs is dropping form the team to give him a bit of a jolt but we don't have anyone to replace him with, its why I was crying out for another top forward in the summer to give genuine competition to the front three.
      I'm sure he'll kick back into gear sooner rather than later though.

You should totally go forward with your "Drop Salah" campaign. It's what the club and team need most at this point of the season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1910: Sep 23, 2019 04:31:09 pm
      You should totally go forward with your "Drop Salah" campaign. It's what the club and team need most at this point of the season.

Well we cant drop him as my "lets get some decent cover for our forwards" campaign failed in the summer, but in all seriousness I would drop him if he is playing badly, same as any other player in the team, not sure why that is contentious?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1911: Sep 23, 2019 04:42:15 pm
      Salah is going to come up against good defenders, just like he has done before.

It's a mark of his talent that he often finds a way to score or assist, when he has 2 or sometimes 3 players on him.

His defensive work is very underrated as well.

He put in a hell of a shift yesterday, both attacking and defending.
      In attack, it didn't quite come off.
      No big deal, sh*t happens.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1912: Sep 23, 2019 05:01:30 pm
      Salah is going to come up against good defenders, just like he has done before.

It's a mark of his talent that he often finds a way to score or assist, when he has 2 or sometimes 3 players on him.

His defensive work is very underrated as well.

He put in a hell of a shift yesterday, both attacking and defending.
      In attack, it didn't quite come off.
      No big deal, sh*t happens.

He was working on his right foot and probably needs to continue.
      The top defenders now having been trying for the last season to force him onto his right and then wait for him to cut back onto his left.
      Sometimes he still beats them but watch how often it happens against the best defenders.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1913: Sep 23, 2019 05:18:38 pm
      Well we cant drop him as my "lets get some decent cover for our forwards" campaign failed in the summer, but in all seriousness I would drop him if he is playing badly, same as any other player in the team, not sure why that is contentious?

Because he's not playing badly! He didn't score the last two games. That's it. You don't drop him for that. Two-time defending Golden Boot winner. ANY team would want him.

Wasnt he one of the guys last year you said we should sell after a game that left you particularly unhappy?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1914: Sep 23, 2019 05:26:27 pm

Salah is my "least favorite" of the front 3, but he is an elite performer and you don't just drop those type of players because of a couple of games. Other than when needing rest, he should be in the starting lineup and let him work his way out of it. The "decent cover" campaign was just for that, cover, not to supplant any of the front 3. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1915: Sep 23, 2019 06:24:01 pm
      He was working on his right foot and probably needs to continue.
      The top defenders now having been trying for the last season to force him onto his right and then wait for him to cut back onto his left.
      Sometimes he still beats them but watch how often it happens against the best defenders.

Surely forcing an attacker away from goal on his weaker foot is standard defending?
      If memory serves, defenders have been doing it (or trying to) since his first season here.
      Now they have to do not only that, but also put another player (s) on him, and for me, that's had a much bigger impact.
      Can't expect the lad to do loads when he's surrounded.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1916: Sep 23, 2019 06:25:42 pm
      Because he's not playing badly! He didn't score the last two games. That's it. You don't drop him for that. Two-time defending Golden Boot winner. ANY team would want him.

Wasnt he one of the guys last year you said we should sell after a game that left you particularly unhappy?

That's the whole point right there.

He was lively yesterday, and caused them some problems.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1917: Sep 23, 2019 07:00:54 pm
      Thought Salah was awful today how he never got the hook is beyond me

Didn't think Mo was great yest - ran well but used the ball poorly - but there's a fair step down in front 3 cover.
      So same applies if Bob or Mane are having a mare - if we want to take them off, who do we bring on who is up to match pace and sharpness.
      Thought Divock was doing well and decent backup until he got injured.
      From what little I've seen of Lallana and Shaq, wouldn't like to be looking to them to start a match/if chasing a goal.
      But hope to get a better look at them in the fizzy cup, don't expect to see Mane or Mo against MKDs. Good chance for the 2nd tier lads to get their hands dirty, for us to see their form, and for them to maybe put even some pressure on the front 3 for a starting place in some PL matches.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1918: Sep 24, 2019 12:40:51 am
      yeah Salah is getting a bit complacent and predictable with his play, I'd say what he needs is dropping form the team to give him a bit of a jolt but we don't have anyone to replace him with, its why I was crying out for another top forward in the summer to give genuine competition to the front three.
      I'm sure he'll kick back into gear sooner rather than later though.

You just cant drop him mate. As soon as the opposition see he's not in the starting line up, they already get a bit of confidence in them that they wouldn't have, knowing Mo is starting from the off.

Can't drop him mate, because he's a magician that can pull a trick out any moment of the game.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1919: Sep 24, 2019 05:31:16 am
      Where is the mo Salah of 2 years ago? Seems very one dimensional and predictable just now
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1920: Sep 24, 2019 01:34:20 pm
      Where is the mo Salah of 2 years ago? Seems very one dimensional and predictable just now

Not just that what has happened to his work rate. Mane kept coming back and helping Robbo. Salah was no where to be seen
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1921: Sep 24, 2019 01:35:12 pm
      How can anyone doubt him? This annoys me
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1922: Sep 24, 2019 02:04:58 pm

Yet somehow Mo is still our biggest goal/assist contributor so far this season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1923: Sep 24, 2019 05:29:53 pm

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1924: Sep 24, 2019 06:03:39 pm
      Guy who is a fan in work going on about mo will never be world class and klopp needs to have a word or drop him as he is too complacent. Really wanted to tell him to f**k off
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2019 10:13:04 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1925: Sep 24, 2019 06:45:28 pm

Ohhhhhhh F***ing hell.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1926: Sep 24, 2019 07:02:31 pm

What make him so predictable?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1927: Sep 25, 2019 08:20:45 am
      Are we saying he’s playing well just now then?
      In this calendar year I think he’s on something like 15 goals, few of which pens (bear in mind he didn’t start last season well either). That’s obviously not awful but in a team as good as ours where the forwards are expected to score the bulk of the goals I don’t think it’s great. I think defenders are wise to him cutting in and he is struggling to do anything different. Sure you can point to the likes of the Napoli goal last year but he doesn’t score many of them
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1928: Sep 25, 2019 09:28:37 am

The fact that he constantly tries to nutmeg or dribble past the defender and fails almost every time, he is also way to one-footed, he needs to work on that. Honestly he is still trying the same tricks which worked beautifully in the first season but now defenders are better able to nullify him so he needs to adapt and add more variety to his attacking play.

He is still a fabulous striker and I love him to bits but all players need to evolve and improve and I feel Salah is standing still at the moment, to the extent that I'd now be more upset if Mane doesn't start than Mo.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1929: Sep 25, 2019 03:01:19 pm
      Surely forcing an attacker away from goal on his weaker foot is standard defending?
      If memory serves, defenders have been doing it (or trying to) since his first season here.
      Now they have to do not only that, but also put another player (s) on him, and for me, that's had a much bigger impact.
      Can't expect the lad to do loads when he's surrounded.

I don't expect him to.
      I do however believe it is one of the reasons Mane & Firmino will do big numbers this season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1930: Sep 25, 2019 03:09:11 pm
      Defenders pay more attention to salah now, leaving more space for Bobbi & mane to exploit.

Simples.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1931: Sep 25, 2019 03:13:14 pm
      Defenders pay more attention to salah now, leaving more space for Bobbi & mane to exploit.

Simples.

Is that really the case, I'm not so sure, perhaps Mane and Bobby just have better movement off the ball and are better at playing intricate passes to unlock defences and create openings for themselves. Salah almost always tries to dribble past a couple of defenders and invariably fails, as its bloody hard to do, Bobby and Mane don't do this, they tend to pass and go which is much more effective.

Quick Reply