Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546532 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #1978: Sep 30, 2019 05:56:13 pm
      You know it is actually possible to be very happy at our wins and yet slightly concerned at our misfiring forwards.

What is it with some that they cant stand any criticism of the team or players?

Actually, you're right but would prefer for them to 'suffer a little' but continue to win on the bounce. :)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #1979: Sep 30, 2019 06:29:41 pm
      Bit hit and miss, I thought he had a good first half vs Chelsea, scored an excellent goal the previous game against Newcastle. Not everything is coming off for him but he is always going to be that sort of a player. Sometimes he is red hot and everything he touches turns to gold and sometimes it doesn’t all come off. Fans get too greedy, he’s got 4 goals in 7, he’s been our main goal scorer for 2 seasons and yet a few fans almost seem to sway aside his goals contribution because they think his overall game isn’t at their required standard. He’s a goal scorer, that’s his job and he’s doing it. Currently in track for 30+ league goals. Bizarrely he could be getting criticised all season by a few as he accrues them.

Yep,dude is batting his early season average as far as goals go,if he's still on 4 come jan/feb we may have a reason to moan but now,nah F***ing talk about something else.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1980: Sep 30, 2019 07:02:00 pm
      Most players prefer their strong foot but Salah takes that to extremes at times.

He will get over this though, could do with getting a bloody penalty one day soon to get him back in the scoring groove.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1981: Sep 30, 2019 08:43:32 pm
      Amazing there isn’t a peep being said about Mane who has been no better than Salah in recent games, yet there seems to be a big song and dance being made about Salah.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1982: Sep 30, 2019 08:52:50 pm
      People watch football for the vast majority of their lives, decades really, every single weekend of the season, they watch their team, other teams, other leagues, and at the end of all this time in front of the TV they still get all hung up about a forward not scoring every F***ing game. Do everyone a favour and try to learn from experience. We've been here before, Mané and Salah proved their worth time and time again after that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1983: Sep 30, 2019 09:06:16 pm
      People watch football for the vast majority of their lives, decades really, every single weekend of the season, they watch their team, other teams, other leagues, and at the end of all this time in front of the TV they still get all hung up about a forward not scoring every f**king game. Do everyone a favour and try to learn from experience. We've been here before, Mané and Salah proved their worth time and time again after that.

Who is saying they are bad or haven't proven their worth many times over?
      All some of us are saying is that in the last few games our forwards have been below par by their own incredibly high standards.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1984: Sep 30, 2019 09:33:43 pm
      All some of us are saying is that in the last few games our forwards have been below par by their own incredibly high standards.

It's pretty funny seeing people get so offended over someone/you saying that Salah has had a run of a few substandard games.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #1985: Sep 30, 2019 11:07:41 pm
      Nah I feel for the few that keep on coming on this thread and others with so many constant negative posts because at the moment we are on a 100% winning streak.  we are winning and at the top of the table and if one can't enjoy this moment then personally I feel sorry for those.  Go down memory lane when was the last time that we were so strong and winning with such conviction.  This at the moment is the best team we have had since Dalglish first time round we are talking decades yeh 3 decades.   Proud of the team and proud of our attacking players we have wonderful attacking players and Salah has been the best attacking player in the premiership since he has come scored more goals than anyone.   There are some that actually have hate for him or at least it seems from their posts?  can't understand it but hey everyone for themselves.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1986: Oct 01, 2019 01:20:47 am
      Amazing there isn’t a peep being said about Mane who has been no better than Salah in recent games, yet there seems to be a big song and dance being made about Salah.

Mane has been in much better form this calendar year than Salah has.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1987: Oct 01, 2019 11:34:13 am

That’s true he has been in better form but I’m still pretty happy with out of form Salah’s 27 goals in all comps last season.

Since Mane’s tantrum a few weeks ago the scrutiny of Salah by Reds fans has noticeably intensified.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1988: Oct 01, 2019 12:12:59 pm
      That’s true he has been in better form but I’m still pretty happy with out of form Salah’s 27 goals in all comps last season.

Since Mane’s tantrum a few weeks ago the scrutiny of Salah by Reds fans has noticeably intensified.

The same people do the same thing every season.
      They try to create a narrative, ignore all evidence to the contrary, then use it to stir the sh*t.
      It's so sadly predictable.

Remember last season and the "we don't score enough goals" bollocks?
      We scored more than the previous season, at pretty much every stage, but it didn't stop fools trying to create narratives, and that's all this is with Salah.
      You only have to look at the posters driving it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1989: Oct 01, 2019 04:10:07 pm

Sadio reiterates in today's presser that all is good between him and Salah. "He didn't see me. I got frustrated. It's football. It's all behind us." Glad somebody asked.
      « Last Edit: Oct 01, 2019 07:28:31 pm by Robby The Z »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1990: Oct 01, 2019 06:29:02 pm
      Sadio reiterates in today's presser that all is good between him and Salah. "He didn't see me. Ingot frustrated. It's football. It's all behind us." Glad somebody asked.

They were sound during the Newcastle game, all three embracing after Sadio's goal.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1991: Oct 01, 2019 06:54:53 pm
      They were sound during the Newcastle game, all three embracing after Sadio's goal.

Doesn’t suit the agenda though does it. Media are desperate to create something that isn’t there, no need for them to keep banging on asking the question.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1992: Oct 01, 2019 07:26:32 pm

It's just nice to hear him say it.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1993: Oct 01, 2019 07:27:51 pm
      Doesn’t suit the agenda though does it. Media are desperate to create something that isn’t there, no need for them to keep banging on asking the question.

First time I had seen Sadio asked directly.  I didn't expect it was an ongoing issue, but to hear him say it should end any lingering speculation
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1994: Oct 01, 2019 08:00:28 pm
      First time I had seen Sadio asked directly.  I didn't expect it was an ongoing issue, but to hear him say it should end any lingering speculation

It’s been spoken about in an interview with Robbo and Ox too.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1995: Oct 01, 2019 09:23:41 pm
      It’s been spoken about in an interview with Robbo and Ox too.

Every time I see video of the squad training it strikes me how deep and positive the harmony with this group really is. Particularly in England I think that is such a vital boost to our chances of winning the title over 38 matches.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1996: Oct 02, 2019 12:36:37 am

Well, I've never said you or anyone said they're bad or haven't proven their worth either. What I'm saying is that it is pretty normal for a forward, no matter how good he is, to have a few substandard games here and there. So it's not the fact that Salah wasn't at his very best the last game or so that I'm questioning, it is however the fact that people are so concerned over that. We seem to have that kind of conversation every time one of Mané or Salah don't score for a couple of games, or if they miss a goal here and there ("he's lost his touch", someone always says). So F***ing boring. Then Salah scores a hat-trick in a week and "damn, he's found his feet again". Seriously boring.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1997: Oct 02, 2019 12:37:58 am

Mané has been in much better form this calendar year than pretty much every single motherfucker out there.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1998: Oct 02, 2019 05:10:42 am
      Sadio reiterates in today's presser that all is good between him and Salah. "He didn't see me. I got frustrated. It's football. It's all behind us." Glad somebody asked.

https://www.facebook.com/thisisanfieldlfc/videos/3036058629798651/
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1999: Oct 02, 2019 11:27:34 am
      The same people do the same thing every season.
      They try to create a narrative, ignore all evidence to the contrary, then use it to stir the sh*t.
      It's so sadly predictable.

Remember last season and the "we don't score enough goals" bollocks?
      We scored more than the previous season, at pretty much every stage, but it didn't stop fools trying to create narratives, and that's all this is with Salah.
      You only have to look at the posters driving it.

??? so you think our forwards have been playing well the last 3 games, if so please provide the evidence to back that assertion up.

The argument last season was that our midfield do not score enough goals, again I think there is good evidence to back that up, the same argument is true this season despite your assertion that our midfielders are told not to score by Klopp as they are basically just extra defenders or some such bollocks.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2000: Oct 02, 2019 11:28:50 am
      Well, I've never said you or anyone said they're bad or haven't proven their worth either. What I'm saying is that it is pretty normal for a forward, no matter how good he is, to have a few substandard games here and there. So it's not the fact that Salah wasn't at his very best the last game or so that I'm questioning, it is however the fact that people are so concerned over that. We seem to have that kind of conversation every time one of Mané or Salah don't score for a couple of games, or if they miss a goal here and there ("he's lost his touch", someone always says). So f**king boring. Then Salah scores a hat-trick in a week and "damn, he's found his feet again". Seriously boring.

If you find it boring, why comment on it???

Quick Reply