Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546518 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2001: Oct 02, 2019 11:12:27 pm
      2 vital goals and while others may disagree those were goals I felt he needed to put to bed a little bit of desperation in his game.

Won us the points and back on the goal scoring trail with tough games ahead where we may need him firing.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2002: Oct 03, 2019 01:55:20 am
      2 vital goals and while others may disagree those were goals I felt he needed to put to bed a little bit of desperation in his game.

Won us the points and back on the goal scoring trail with tough games ahead where we may need him firing.

Back in scoring touch just in time for Leicester and the Mancs. Perfect timing.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2003: Oct 03, 2019 11:25:29 am
      I’ll give him his due he was better last night, 2 really important goals.
      Still doesn’t seem very sharp to me but if he’s scoring goals that’s the main thing
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #2004: Oct 03, 2019 11:59:42 am
      there when we needed him.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2005: Oct 03, 2019 12:31:20 pm
      Beautiful second goal with the Firmino lay off, stunning
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2006: Oct 03, 2019 01:01:41 pm
      I think the Mane situation took him back a little bit and affected his performance in recent games, however,last night Salah seemed to be getting back into swing of things & hopefully get back to being a sharpshooter again..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2007: Oct 05, 2019 11:18:34 am
      Think he’s 1 goal worse off than at this stage 2 years ago in all comps. In the league he’s matched the 4 goals and is 1 assist better off.

For the league, he’s currently 1 goal and 1 assists better off than this stage last season.

But the comparison and claims of “where’s Salah from 2 years ago” still get thrown around.

Seems he tends to start the season a little slower than you would expect and than his goal tally’s so far would suggest but then he really hits the ground running.

I’m sure not having a proper pre season for a few years isn’t helping matters.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #2008: Oct 05, 2019 05:24:24 pm
      Think he’s 1 goal worse off than at this stage 2 years ago in all comps. In the league he’s matched the 4 goals and is 1 assist better off.

For the league, he’s currently 1 goal and 1 assists better off than this stage last season.

But the comparison and claims of “where’s Salah from 2 years ago” still get thrown around.

Seems he tends to start the season a little slower than you would expect and than his goal tally’s so far would suggest but then he really hits the ground running.

I’m sure not having a proper pre season for a few years isn’t helping matters.
      I agree with you and I think that he is a world-class player regardless. Yet I still feel like he looks slower, less sharp than usual and I feel like this has been going on for some time now.

Today, for example, he started the game looking very sharp, very quick, found his teammates whenever he passed the ball and the usual extra defensive attention that he gets didn't seem to matter that much, but then he gradually became sluggish. By sluggish, I am mainly referring to his sharpness. He was slower to react, started giving the ball away more and more. He went one on one with the keeper and (even tho it was offside) he was very hesitant and took so much time before shooting. Granted it was a tight angle but when he is on his A-game the shot would've come much earlier and with much less hesitation.

Idk what is causing this lack of consistency in his game. Is it purely him not being as good as he can be or is it slight changes in the way we play as a team that maybe don't necessarily benefit him as much as it did in his first season?

One game he'll be wreaking havoc on that right flank and making a significant impact goal or no goal, assist or no assist and the next game he'll be barely recognizable and noticeable and almost every ball leaving his foot will be a miss pass or a desperate attempt at goal from a bad position.

I think this is part of the reason Sadio snapped last time. It's okay to be selfish and hungry for goals, but you can't be having a stinker of a game where almost nothing that comes off your foot is of quality and then try to snap out of it by basically taking on 2-3 defenders and shooting from improbable angles and positions.

I hope he's alright and he can come back to his best version as soon as possible.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2009: Oct 05, 2019 06:24:15 pm
      I agree with you and I think that he is a world-class player regardless. Yet I still feel like he looks slower, less sharp than usual and I feel like this has been going on for some time now.

Today, for example, he started the game looking very sharp, very quick, found his teammates whenever he passed the ball and the usual extra defensive attention that he gets didn't seem to matter that much, but then he gradually became sluggish. By sluggish, I am mainly referring to his sharpness. He was slower to react, started giving the ball away more and more. He went one on one with the keeper and (even tho it was offside) he was very hesitant and took so much time before shooting. Granted it was a tight angle but when he is on his A-game the shot would've come much earlier and with much less hesitation.

Idk what is causing this lack of consistency in his game. Is it purely him not being as good as he can be or is it slight changes in the way we play as a team that maybe don't necessarily benefit him as much as it did in his first season?

One game he'll be wreaking havoc on that right flank and making a significant impact goal or no goal, assist or no assist and the next game he'll be barely recognizable and noticeable and almost every ball leaving his foot will be a miss pass or a desperate attempt at goal from a bad position.

I think this is part of the reason Sadio snapped last time. It's okay to be selfish and hungry for goals, but you can't be having a stinker of a game where almost nothing that comes off your foot is of quality and then try to snap out of it by basically taking on 2-3 defenders and shooting from improbable angles and positions.

I hope he's alright and he can come back to his best version as soon as possible.

I hope hes alright but perhaps a little break is what he needs.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2010: Oct 06, 2019 06:36:10 am
      Fingers crossed his injury doesn't keep him out for any sort of extended period, I don't believe he has an international fixture to worry about which is good news. As for his form, as I said earlier in this thread I don't think the micro-analysis is necessary. He's still playing pretty good (we're only 4 days gone from him scoring 2 very important goals in the Champions League). A lot of people got on his back after the Mane tantrum and I actually think this has affected him slightly, he tried to find Mane a few times yesterday when in truth he probably would have been better going it alone.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2011: Oct 06, 2019 10:06:15 am
      Fingers crossed his injury doesn't keep him out for any sort of extended period, I don't believe he has an international fixture to worry about which is good news. As for his form, as I said earlier in this thread I don't think the micro-analysis is necessary. He's still playing pretty good (we're only 4 days gone from him scoring 2 very important goals in the Champions League). A lot of people got on his back after the Mane tantrum and I actually think this has affected him slightly, he tried to find Mane a few times yesterday when in truth he probably would have been better going it alone.

I agree with this, Mo is not that far from top form, he just needs to find the right balance between shoot and assist again plus regain a bit of confidence in front of goal, it's why I was advocating playing him against MK Dons, a nice easy game to score a bucketload of goals in, play for one half then go off, confidence restored etc.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2012: Oct 06, 2019 11:23:39 am
      For once, International break can help us with him!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2013: Oct 08, 2019 11:38:25 am
      Read it's not serious but that hes touch and go for United. Hopefully for us and him, hes fit to go!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2014: Oct 08, 2019 01:24:39 pm
      Read it's not serious but that hes touch and go for United. Hopefully for us and him, hes fit to go!
      Looks like some people might get their wish of him being out the team.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2015: Oct 08, 2019 01:27:18 pm
      Let's be honest, that was an awful professional foul, and he should have been sent off.

No intention to play the ball, only to take the player out.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2016: Oct 09, 2019 04:38:28 pm
      Let's be honest, that was an awful professional foul, and he should have been sent off.

No intention to play the ball, only to take the player out.

Reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CogObX8tsM8

Hopefully the impact on the player nowhere near the same.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2017: Oct 10, 2019 09:27:09 am
      Reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CogObX8tsM8

Hopefully the impact on the player nowhere near the same.
      In fairness, it was nothing like that.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2018: Oct 10, 2019 03:58:17 pm
      In fairness, it was nothing like that.

I know some of the personal reaction to the Leicester player has been totally wrong, but the tackle was very dangerous. It appears Mo has escaped serious injury, but he's lucky, and so are we.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2019: Oct 10, 2019 04:00:55 pm
      I know some of the personal reaction to the Leicester player has been totally wrong, but the tackle was very dangerous. It appears Mo has escaped serious injury, but he's lucky, and so are we.

It was a dangerous more than malicious tackle but that kind of tackle has earned red cards in the past and should have this time as well.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2020: Oct 13, 2019 01:32:36 pm
      Any news for next week? I think he will be close with two weeks rest.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2021: Oct 25, 2019 08:50:10 pm
      That goal against Genk just proved yet again that he is our most wondrous player. He is still very much our most important player. Undroppable.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2022: Oct 26, 2019 03:30:15 pm
      That goal against Genk just proved yet again that he is our most wondrous player. He is still very much our most important player. Undroppable.

I totally disagree, for me Mane is our key player these days, or in reality its Bobby who links up the forward play. I actually wish Mo would stop trying those little flicks, they are far to difficult and 95% of the time they don't work, I'd prefer him to be more direct like Sadio is.

Having said that, it was a lovely goal.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2023: Oct 26, 2019 05:29:17 pm
      I totally disagree, for me Mane is our key player these days, or in reality its Bobby who links up the forward play. I actually wish Mo would stop trying those little flicks, they are far to difficult and 95% of the time they don't work, I'd prefer him to be more direct like Sadio is.

Having said that, it was a lovely goal.

Yet Mane and Firmino looked completely lost and crowded out last week with Salah not playing.

They are all as important as each other, it’s noticeable when one is missing because they all have different qualities that they benefit from as a trio.

Quick Reply