Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546587 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2162: Jan 19, 2020 07:02:36 pm
      King Salah, that is his name.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2163: Jan 20, 2020 12:49:21 am
      Go check out how long Rushie went without scoring past them manc rats. Nothing to worry about yet.

Was never worried bud, just wanted him to score against those cu*ts more then anyone else and what did he do, he f**king scored!!! Love him and what a f**king ripping body he has on him!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2164: Jan 20, 2020 08:41:40 pm
      Was never worried bud, just wanted him to score against those cu*ts more then anyone else and what did he do, he f**king scored!!! Love him and what a f**king ripping body he has on him!

Magnificent wasn't he, so thrilled for him that he put that goal away, the way he latched onto that ball from Alisson was deadly, talk about a nail in the mancs coffin right at the end....superb  ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2165: Jan 21, 2020 04:04:49 pm
      Magnificent wasn't he, so thrilled for him that he put that goal away, the way he latched onto that ball from Alisson was deadly, talk about a nail in the mancs coffin right at the end....superb  ;D

What I loved is how James caught up with him as Mo brought the ball under control, but then was like a fly on a horse, totally powerless to stop him putting the ball into the back of the net. Loves a big occasion does our Mohammed.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2166: Jan 21, 2020 09:18:21 pm
      What I loved is how James caught up with him as Mo brought the ball under control, but then was like a fly on a horse, totally powerless to stop him putting the ball into the back of the net. Loves a big occasion does our Mohammed.

He wasn't gonna lose that ball under any circumstances was he  :D love his commitment to the club.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2167: Jan 21, 2020 10:13:51 pm
      I felt like the biggest dumb c**t, thought F**k they gonna call him offside, wasn't until I learned the rule that we can't be offside if he starts in our own half, that I understood why the goal stood. Slowly learning all the rules!!!!  :D :D :D :D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2168: Jan 22, 2020 08:25:55 am
      Every single time people doubt him he does the business.

How can anyone say we are a better team without him is beyond me.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2169: Jan 22, 2020 03:35:02 pm

Totally right, start with my father. I fight with him every match.

Salah is an essential part of our play. VVD plays his long balls to him every chance. That gives us the chance to counter attack by skipping their midfield.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2170: Jan 22, 2020 11:49:24 pm

Spot on mate, just having him in the starting line up, worries the F**k out of opposition teams and puts them on the defensive already!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2171: Jan 23, 2020 09:57:05 pm
      Klopp needs to have a word with him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2172: Jan 23, 2020 10:01:23 pm
      Klopp needs to have a word with him.

What about?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2173: Jan 23, 2020 10:02:12 pm
      Pass the ball lad.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #2174: Jan 23, 2020 10:05:54 pm
      You're great and everything but wouldn't kill you to pass once in a while.

If we didn't get the W tonight this thread might be a bit busier.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2175: Jan 23, 2020 10:07:12 pm
      You're great and everything but wouldn't kill you to pass once in a while.

If we didn't get the W tonight this thread might be a bit busier.

Not for me this one.

His 'greed'  is what gets him so many goals and he virtually set up the winner as well tonight.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2176: Jan 23, 2020 10:09:00 pm
      Not for me this one.

His 'greed'  is what gets him so many goals and he virtually set up the winner as well tonight.

Sets up the winner? that’s hilarious mate it’s lucky he lost the ball because otherwise it would have been in Row Z

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2177: Jan 23, 2020 10:15:00 pm
      Sets up the winner? that’s hilarious mate it’s lucky he lost the ball because otherwise it would have been in Row Z

I'll admit my stream was a little jumpy but looked like he held the ball up well under pressure with skill then laid it off to Hendo who played Bobby in for the shot.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2178: Jan 23, 2020 10:16:08 pm
      I'll admit my stream was a little jumpy but looked like he held the ball up well under pressure with skill then laid it off to Hendo who played Bobby in for the shot.

You will need to watch the replay mate.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2179: Jan 23, 2020 10:17:07 pm
      Look for a easier option Mo.. pass.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #2180: Jan 23, 2020 10:19:15 pm
      Not for me this one.

It's a difficult one for me because I rate him so highly and while I have taken this stance in the past, there are certain scenarios where this "greed" isn't acceptable IMO;

1. When we are losing/drawing
      2. If another teammate is in a much better position to score

The above criteria was met twice today and that was after he took a couple of shots instead of passing earlier on in the game. While, I appreciate he needs that drive to score, in certain situations as mentioned above his choice to be greedy is selfish and not beneficial for the team.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2181: Jan 23, 2020 10:21:19 pm
      You will need to watch the replay mate.

Just seen it and agree he doesn't lay it off as clean as I thought and got lucky with that.

Stand by it though, his apparent greed is the reason he's the player he is with that goalscoring record.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2182: Jan 24, 2020 12:25:53 pm
      Could argue he should have passed it to Minamino at the end of the first half but after getting through the way he did, his shot looked goal bound but for a very good block by Doherty.
      Likewise could argue he should have passed to Ox but even though he took the shot on, it only went just wide of the post.

Ox wasn’t having a good game and it would have been on his left side, so I don’t think he’d have done much better.

Good bit of footwork that led to the winning goal too.

More bothered by the chance damn good chance he again failed to take when Mane played him in and he didn’t just take it on with his right, instead took too long to get it onto his left and made it easy for them to defend. It’s situations like that which frustrate me more than anything.

Salah is Salah, he will always look to get a shot away himself and that’s what goal scorers do. He probably should have passed when he got tackled on the build up to the goal but had he passed it, then that goal wouldn’t have happened.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2183: Jan 24, 2020 12:43:14 pm
      Could argue he should have passed it to Minamino at the end of the first half but after getting through the way he did, his shot looked goal bound but for a very good block by Doherty.
      Likewise could argue he should have passed to Ox but even though he took the shot on, it only went just wide of the post.

Ox wasn’t having a good game and it would have been on his left side, so I don’t think he’d have done much better.

Good bit of footwork that led to the winning goal too.

More bothered by the chance damn good chance he again failed to take when Mane played him in and he didn’t just take it on with his right, instead took too long to get it onto his left and made it easy for them to defend. It’s situations like that which frustrate me more than anything.

Salah is Salah, he will always look to get a shot away himself and that’s what goal scorers do. He probably should have passed when he got tackled on the build up to the goal but had he passed it, then that goal wouldn’t have happened.

Sorry but it doesn't work like that, he can't be thinking I could pass to Ox or Minamino who are in acres of space but I think they are a bit sh*t so I'll take the shot myself then shoot 1 m wide of the post or get closed down by 2 defenders, it is selfish, end of, and he needs to cut that sh*t out. Football is a team sport and you should always pass to the player in the best position to score and far to many times recently he has not done this and it has cost us goals.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2184: Jan 24, 2020 12:54:08 pm
      Sorry but it doesn't work like that, he can't be thinking I could pass to Ox or Minamino who are in acres of space but I think they are a bit sh*t so I'll take the shot myself then shoot 1 m wide of the post or get closed down by 2 defenders, it is selfish, end of, and he needs to cut that sh*t out. Football is a team sport and you should always pass to the player in the best position to score and far to many times recently he has not done this and it has cost us goals.

Read my post properly, I didn’t say what his thinking may have been, I was saying how the scenario’s could be looked at.

Quick Reply