Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546835 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2185: Jan 24, 2020 01:07:09 pm
      Love Mo but you take the good with the bad. His selfishness sometimes allows us to watch his wonder goals, but sometimes it leaves you scratching your head and leaves teammates (Mané) furious. He was wasteful yesterday, very wasteful and had it been Bobby or Mané people would have been making those comments in spades.

It’s not like I think we should get rid of him. He’s usually unplayable and causes tons of problems for the defense, but I just wish sometimes he’d have his head up and look to play in his teammates. Especially knowing that defenders are keying on him and know he’s going to try and get off a shot.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2186: Jan 24, 2020 02:28:11 pm
      It's part and parcel with Salah. He's wasteful but he's brilliant too.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2187: Jan 24, 2020 05:33:28 pm
      You will need to watch the replay mate.

And if you do you might notice the drag back and nutmeg with 4 Wolves players in close proximity to buy the time for the likes of Hendo and Firmino to get into the box in the first place. His next touch did go awry but without the ridiculous skills in the first place the goal doesn't happen.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2188: Jan 24, 2020 05:37:41 pm
      Some of you lot in here might be happier if we just sold him.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2189: Jan 24, 2020 06:12:26 pm
      I just cant get down with ya if you are on here bashing this dude week in and week out. I'll agree that he isn't in great form right now, however, even on a bad day Mo creates us a goal. How do you not love that? He's invaluable to our success. Amazing amazing player. Some of yall need to figure that out
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #2190: Jan 24, 2020 07:04:06 pm

Any team in the world would love to have him. If the can afford him. Before klopp we used to moan about superplayers want to leave us, now we are talking about selling him.

He is a class player and they tend to be selfish, Ronaldo, Messi, neymar and even the great batigoal.

Although I wish he would pass more, but I cab live the total package. The good with the bad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2191: Jan 24, 2020 07:36:40 pm
      Almost like it’s forgotten how many chances he’s created of late too. In the game vs United he played Mane through 1v1, the game before that he set up the winner vs Spurs. It’s not often a game goes by where he doesn’t create a great chance by playing someone in on goal or playing a huge part in a goal.

The amount of reverse passes he does that either sets someone away or very nearly gets spot on goes massively unnoticed by agenda’s. In fact, up until the game yesterday, I don’t remember seeing anyone moaning about his lack of passing for quite a while.

Both the times last night he could have passed to Minamino and Ox, that often results in him scoring and had he not been denied by a good block on the first one in particular, then people would be raving about what a good goal it was.

You don’t get the amount of goals he has for us so far if you don’t have a selfish streak about you.

Damned for not scoring 40+ goals like his first season, damned for not passing instead of going for goal in a good opportunity.
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2020 07:41:15 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #2192: Jan 24, 2020 07:42:37 pm
      Without him we wouldn’t be where we are now.

Be careful what you wish for
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2193: Jan 24, 2020 07:43:58 pm

What’s wrong with discussing when someone has not played well why does it always have to be that posters want said player sold.

If you think Salah can not improve that’s fine but I doubt Klopp thinks that way about any of our players.

I’m not even going to mention Salah’s shot to conversion rate this season, some of you would have a coronary 😂
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2194: Jan 24, 2020 07:51:11 pm
      To take the next, final level I think he has to see the picture. And if he sees it, use it.

Think hes drilled it in to himself that he must get goals, but that's not the case. 2 assists is more valuable to us than 1 goal.

The bloke is a phenomenon theres no debating it, but to give a pass from time to time isnt going to make him any less of a player. Minamino and Ox both were in better positions than him, which he ignored at vital moments in the game.

His footwork for the second goal was amazing but he was never going to lay it off for others, luckily it bounced to Hendo. But yes Salah was the only player capable on the pitch to hold that ball up when he was on his own against 4.

Top player, not sure I'll ever be on board with his single mindedness, but I will put up with it no doubt about that.
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2020 08:01:27 pm by fields of anny rd »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2195: Jan 24, 2020 09:57:40 pm
      Without him we wouldn’t be where we are now.

Be careful what you wish for

So no other forward could replace him, come on that's rubbish and you know it. He is very very good but he's become a bit to predictable and a part of that is caused by his selfishness, defenders know he'll take a shot rather than pass so it makes it easier to defend against.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2196: Jan 24, 2020 10:00:55 pm
      What’s wrong with discussing when someone has not played well why does it always have to be that posters want said player sold.

If you think Salah can not improve that’s fine but I doubt Klopp thinks that way about any of our players.

I’m not even going to mention Salah’s shot to conversion rate this season, some of you would have a coronary 😂

Surely criticism should be balanced/tempered against context? We win every week, every frickingame. It won’t happen again or is extremely unlikely. Just enjoy it. For a few it’s a quick nod to the victory, we’ll done lads another and then ‘what about Salah the selfish b***ard someone have a word’. And it’s not occasional, it’s every other week.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2197: Jan 24, 2020 10:41:48 pm
      Surely criticism should be balanced/tempered against context? We win every week, every frickingame. It won’t happen again or is extremely unlikely. Just enjoy it. For a few it’s a quick nod to the victory, we’ll done lads another and then ‘what about Salah the selfish b***ard someone have a word’. And it’s not occasional, it’s every other week.

Spot on - it’s as if those perpetual moaners are struggling to find something to moan about so they will find a player to point fingers at

Christ only Liverpool internet fans could be crying this much - and especially over a player clearly regarded as one of the best in the world
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2198: Jan 24, 2020 10:56:15 pm
      Can see why a lot of posters don’t bother posting any more when all some want on here is aren’t we brilliant - we all know that but how about having an adult mature debate about the players, tactics their strengths weaknesses?

Ah maybe there’s other LFC forums for serious football discussion.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2199: Jan 24, 2020 11:04:34 pm
      There is no doubting Mo’s ability, he has come on leaps and bounds at LFC but he has flaws, one of them is not looking for the pass rather than trying to score worldys all the time..

It’s caused friction in the past and will do so in the future.. Mo just needs to lay it on to a better placed player in a scoring position at times.

Bobby is the leading example, works his nuts off for the team unselfishly for the greater good of the team.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #2200: Jan 24, 2020 11:50:53 pm
      So no other forward could replace him, come on that's rubbish and you know it. He is very very good but he's become a bit to predictable and a part of that is caused by his selfishness, defenders know he'll take a shot rather than pass so it makes it easier to defend against.

I personally think that his so called not so good patch should be cancelled out by his heroics to date. Not sell him or replace him
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #2201: Jan 24, 2020 11:51:32 pm
      We are still undefeated at the same time
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #2202: Jan 25, 2020 05:16:47 am
      His presence on the pitch does make a huge difference regardless of if he scores or not and we've all been able to notice that when he's missed a few game.

Despite Mane and Bobby being the world-class players they are you'll notice Mo almost always gets the "double or triple up on him" treatment from the opposition and this is a positif for the team because it does create space for everybody around him but I think that at times he also should just raise his head a bit and have a look around for his teammates.

I don't know if he is the type to put a huge amount of pressure on himself about scoring goals, but some of his celebrations after scoring indicate he might be a little bit too tense and feeling like he absolutely needs to score.

I think he's an amazing player and I wouldn't even think of benching him like some people here suggest but maybe Klopp would do well to just have a little chat with him. Had the game finished 1-1 yesterday he probably would've been on the receiving end of a ton of sh*t that he can avoid by just dishing out 2 or 3 more passes a game when a teamate is in a better position than him regardless of if we end up scoring or not on those sequences.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2203: Jan 25, 2020 07:54:08 am
      Can see why a lot of posters don’t bother posting any more when all some want on here is aren’t we brilliant - we all know that but how about having an adult mature debate about the players, tactics their strengths weaknesses?

Ah maybe there’s other LFC forums for serious football discussion.

Come on Don’t be so precious, We’re all adults so I’m sure we can all take it if someone says your opinion is wrong, or daft or stupid or whatever.

As for the aren’t we brilliant everything is hunky dori bit well for once it actually is and it’s unlikely it ever will be this good again. If ever there was a time for all reds to just sit back and admire the team and stop picking faults in one of our best players then surely this was it?
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2204: Jan 25, 2020 08:09:13 am

Of course they could but why would you even advocate this? We’re currently having a PERFECT season and Salah is an integral part of that. The lads aren’t winning every game despite him, he’s a huge part of our success. You make him out to be this predictable one trick pony every other post. We’re not going to replace him with Mbappe anytime soon.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #2205: Jan 25, 2020 08:20:45 am
      how often do we read here "  would yous stop passing it,  and somebody take a shot ..."
      so you cant please everyone all the time, though I also think that he has shot a bit too much when
      he couldve passed
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2206: Jan 25, 2020 09:41:40 am
      Do I think we have the best front three in the world: Yes
      Is there anyone we can sign who would get into the starting XI ahead of one of them: Almost nobody
      Are we having an amazing season: Yes
      Does Mo sometimes not give a pass to a player in a better scoring position: Yes
      Is that being overly critical of Mo: Don't think so
      Would I drop Mo because of it: No
      Is Jürgen talking to him about it: Maybe
      Is Mo getting subbed off because of it: Doesn't look like it
      So does Jürgen see it as a big problem: Doesn't look like it
      Is it a problem: Not when we're winning games
      Does it annoy some of his teammates: Probably a bit, but again not so much as winning games
      Would it be a reason to drop him: No
      How big is this gripe on a scale of 1 to 10: 1 [being low]
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #2207: Jan 25, 2020 09:48:37 am
      ..am I a victim of that trend amongst politicians of asking themselves the question they want to answer then answering it? ..yes....just messin.

Quick Reply