Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546528 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2300: Feb 10, 2020 10:23:20 pm

Such a special player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2301: Feb 11, 2020 12:00:28 pm
      I see this theme a lot throughout twitter and it’s f**king madness!!

Why would you sell one of the best players in the world? I don’t care about the money (it’s not mine) - I care about what players we have on the pitch and Mohamed is one of the best EVER

I actually disagree, I don't even think Mo is in the top 5 Liverpool strikers. Think about some of the players he is up against, Keegan, Daglish, Rush, Fowler, Suarez, Torres, Owen. I think they were all better strikers/forwards than Mo.

BTW I do rate Mo very very highly and he is perfect for our current team but I'm relieved to see him being less selfish the last few games as it benefits the team as well as Mo himself.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2302: Feb 11, 2020 12:01:41 pm
      not sure what happened to my post on Mo but basically you have to question the motives of anyone who questions Mo's contribution to this seasons  formidable success.
      there is an old saying that a very small number of posters should heed and it goes like this " if you cant say anything good or positive say nothing at all".
      Mo is our main man as are the other 10 that join him he is part of a team of players who collectively are so much more potent than they are as individuals

Who gets to decide if a post is good, you?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2303: Feb 11, 2020 12:42:44 pm
      Who gets to decide if a post is good, you?

do you ever read posts fully as some of your conclusions are just weird. I made no mention of posts being good or bad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2304: Feb 11, 2020 01:07:00 pm
      " if you cant say anything good or positive say nothing at all".

What did you mean by this then?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2305: Feb 11, 2020 02:31:28 pm
      I actually disagree, I don't even think Mo is in the top 5 Liverpool strikers. Think about some of the players he is up against, Keegan, Daglish, Rush, Fowler, Suarez, Torres, Owen. I think they were all better strikers/forwards than Mo.

BTW I do rate Mo very very highly and he is perfect for our current team but I'm relieved to see him being less selfish the last few games as it benefits the team as well as Mo himself.

I’m putting Salah above all of those and on par with Fowler, King Kenny and Rush.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2306: Feb 11, 2020 04:41:31 pm
      I’m putting Salah above all of those and on par with Fowler, King Kenny and Rush.

Fair enough, but I disagree. I was watching some old matches and Torres in his prime was sensational and Suarez remains the best player I've seen putting on the Liverpool shirt in recent times, bit of a tw*t I now but wow what a player he was for us.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2307: Feb 11, 2020 04:59:24 pm
      Well I watched Kevin Keegan play for Scunthorpe against Tranmere I saw Owen and Fowler as babies and Rushie and Kenny's very first games and Mo is right up there with the best this club has produced and to question Mo's stature given his record can only be done son by someone with a prejudice. Mo's record is second to non at this club. So I didn't use YouTube or some old Video's I make this post having seen the very best of all of them and Mo is second to non of them
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2308: Feb 11, 2020 05:39:24 pm
      Fair enough, but I disagree. I was watching some old matches and Torres in his prime was sensational and Suarez remains the best player I've seen putting on the Liverpool shirt in recent times, bit of a tw*t I now but wow what a player he was for us.

I just look at some of the goals he’s scored, the work rate, the tracking back, the never say die attitude even in the 96th minute. Plus I think he’s humble and nice guy, what he’s done for Egypt.

I think he’s an amazing role model.

I’ll remember those UCL goals against city and Roma for the rest of my life, I went absolutely mental.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2309: Feb 11, 2020 05:59:31 pm
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2310: Feb 11, 2020 06:00:20 pm

I’m done debating him with ya fella, I’ll leave it to others
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2311: Feb 11, 2020 06:13:04 pm
      So, first he was "out of form" and needed dropping, then he's too selfish and also isn't scoring enough, now he's not really "up there with the best".

Now, we all have players we a bit biased in favour of, (for me it's Rush and Dalglish) but really, this wumming vendetta against Salah has become ridiculous.
      It's been clear for a while that Salah would be subject of a wumming narrative, but it's a really, really stupid player to pick, given his stats, his all round play, and the job he does for the team.
      It seems the point of the wumming is just to try and ruin threads or peoples enjoyment of a player, and frankly, it's pretty F***ing pathetic.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2312: Feb 11, 2020 06:20:15 pm
      I’m done debating him with ya fella, I’ll leave it to others

Not sure if its Mo's curly hair but he clearly has issues with Mo. Ignorance is a terrible affliction and he has it in spades.
      Something he cant really consider is that Owen and Torres had some lad called Gerrard making them look good and as good as they were they were much better for having Stevie behind them. Sometimes mate you just have to accept some people just cant be educated.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2313: Feb 11, 2020 06:34:55 pm
      Not sure if its Mo's curly hair but he clearly has issues with Mo. Ignorance is a terrible affliction and he has it in spades.
      Something he cant really consider is that Owen and Torres had some lad called Gerrard making them look good and as good as they were they were much better for having Stevie behind them. Sometimes mate you just have to accept some people just cant be educated.

Our current 3 are the only strikeforce of ours that I can remember being an actual 3.

So comparisons are a bit invalid anyway.
      One of the dangers of comparing players from different era's is the formation used.
      Then, as you say, it's the players around them that also have to be considered.

Nothing happens in a vacuum, all players depend on those around them.
      Hence "team".
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2314: Feb 11, 2020 06:56:20 pm

;D you honestly think Owen and Torres had a better team behind them than Mo has, and I'm the one who's ignorant.
      Look Mo is a fabulous striker, I've always said that, but he's not the best striker to play for Liverpool, why am I not entitled to my opinion on that? Are you guys really so insecure that you can't stand differing opinions?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #2315: Feb 11, 2020 07:50:01 pm
      ;D you honestly think Owen and Torres had a better team behind them than Mo has, and I'm the one who's ignorant.
      Look Mo is a fabulous striker, I've always said that, but he's not the best striker to play for Liverpool, why am I not entitled to my opinion on that? Are you guys really so insecure that you can't stand differing opinions?

Owen has always credited Stevie for supplying his goals , as he said I’d just run and Stevie would find me , likewise Torres Stevie always putting him through , I loved Torres as a player place was absolutely buzzing when he played , and he had the luxury of a midfield trio behind him of Stevie Xabi and the Masch not to shabby them three ,
      Mo has broken all their records and stats , which suggests he’s either at the top or almost at the top either way he’s right up there with the best in terms of goals and assists don’t really see how it can be argued with tbh.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2316: Feb 11, 2020 08:53:00 pm
      So, first he was "out of form" and needed dropping, then he's too selfish and also isn't scoring enough, now he's not really "up there with the best".

Now, we all have players we a bit biased in favour of, (for me it's Rush and Dalglish) but really, this wumming vendetta against Salah has become ridiculous.
      It's been clear for a while that Salah would be subject of a wumming narrative, but it's a really, really stupid player to pick, given his stats, his all round play, and the job he does for the team.
      It seems the point of the wumming is just to try and ruin threads or peoples enjoyment of a player, and frankly, it's pretty f**king pathetic.

He is a clear internet fan who enjoys going against the grain to create issues - he was like it on Newkit and continues to troll here
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2317: Feb 11, 2020 09:30:59 pm

WUM
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2318: Feb 12, 2020 03:31:35 pm
      Salah is absolute quality. Theres not many better in the world, and I wouldn't swap him for the likes of Mbappe (arguing with his manager) or Sancho (turning up late for training every day).

We have the perfect mix here of world class players without the diva attitudes. We have the best front 3 line up in the world. We are the talk of the football world. We dont need to buy or sell anyone unless it's on our terms.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2319: Feb 12, 2020 03:45:36 pm
      There is a row between his agent and Egyptian FA about if he will be involved in the Olympics. If yes, he will miss the beginning of next season.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #2320: Feb 12, 2020 03:59:39 pm
      There is a row between his agent and Egyptian FA about if he will be involved in the Olympics. If yes, he will miss the beginning of next season.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/tokyo-2020/2020/olympic-news-egypt-confirm-plans-to-call-up-liverpool-s-mohamed-salah-for-tokyo-2020_sto7661589/story.shtml

It would be a nuisance for us, but honestly I think we could cope with our squad.

Looking at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics, if Egypt don't make it out of the group stages they wouldn't have a game any later than the 29th of July.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2321: Feb 12, 2020 04:37:58 pm
      Means he misses pre-season and probs has a holiday after Olympics , so maybe miss 1st couple of games ?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2322: Feb 12, 2020 04:40:17 pm
      We can cope without him but it may affect his long-term fitness.

Quick Reply