Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 547026 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2346: Feb 14, 2020 03:10:49 pm
      Salah isn't that happy with his FA. If it was Mane, he would go 100%.

I am aware of that which is why I this is all kinda up in the air (the way I see it) but my point is if Salah wants to play in the Olympics I believe the club will let him go. I wouldn't be too upset with him if he decided to go, it is a unique opportunity and great experience to be part of the Olympics. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2347: Feb 23, 2020 01:15:09 pm
      Mo has broken all their records and stats , which suggests he’s either at the top or almost at the top either way he’s right up there with the best in terms of goals and assists don’t really see how it can be argued with tbh.

Quite easy to be regarded the best, he has to get to Rush's record.

He's our greatest goal scorer.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #2348: Feb 23, 2020 01:29:16 pm

Tbh I think Rushy,s record will stand for quite a while yet it’s going to take a massive achievement to knock that record off , Fowler was a genius in front of goal and didn’t get close to it .
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2349: Feb 24, 2020 01:53:49 am
      I am aware of that which is why I this is all kinda up in the air (the way I see it) but my point is if Salah wants to play in the Olympics I believe the club will let him go. I wouldn't be too upset with him if he decided to go, it is a unique opportunity and great experience to be part of the Olympics.

Is Olympic football really that big of a deal? Walking out in the opening ceremony would be a memorable experience for sure, but I think a lot of the footballers don't even get to take part in that because their tournament has already begun and the matches aren't even all in Tokyo. After that, it's at U23 tournament.

I think knowing that he is obligated to leave for AFCON and miss a number of our matches in January, he should not leave and miss the beginning of the season as well. We don't get to do all the things we want to in life and he should show some loyalty to his club in this instance.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2350: Feb 24, 2020 09:28:07 am
      Is Olympic football really that big of a deal? Walking out in the opening ceremony would be a memorable experience for sure, but I think a lot of the footballers don't even get to take part in that because their tournament has already begun and the matches aren't even all in Tokyo. After that, it's at U23 tournament.

I think knowing that he is obligated to leave for AFCON and miss a number of our matches in January, he should not leave and miss the beginning of the season as well. We don't get to do all the things we want to in life and he should show some loyalty to his club in this instance.

I think we'll replace Mo with Werner in the summer, problem solved.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2351: Feb 24, 2020 11:07:40 am

Don’t get why they can’t just do the AFCON every 4 years like the Euro’s. Would make a lot more sense.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2352: Feb 24, 2020 12:01:28 pm
      Don’t get why they can’t just do the AFCON every 4 years like the Euro’s. Would make a lot more sense.

$$$$$$$$$'s
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #2353: Feb 24, 2020 12:38:27 pm
      Some may say he's selfish, but all strikers are to an extent. Although it can be frustrating watching an opportunity to score lost, as Klopp says "We have seen goals from Mo where he scores between four players and finds the roof of the goal. Then when you don't score people say you should pass here or there."

We've got a few of those "people" in here that's for sure.

Mo is now two goals away from becoming the first Liverpool player since Owen to score 20 or more goals in three consecutive seasons.For comparison Suarez got 17, 30 and 31. Torres achieved 33, 17 and 22. Salah's record is now 44, 27 and 18.Since his debut he has scored 68 PL goals and 24 assists, a combined total of 92, which is 17 more goal involvements than the next best, Aguero (58 goals, 17 assists).21 of his goals have been the opening goal, and 24 have been winning goals.His first season was a bit of an anomaly; he was involved in a goal every 71 minutes. However we can compare last season, every 117 minutes, to this, every 106 minutes

Hard to argue with those numbers.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2354: Feb 24, 2020 12:57:09 pm

I know when I was doing the post that’s the exact reason why. Think I was wondering why they can’t just go with common sense for once though but it’s like you’ve pointed out...money.

The fact they keep changing it now from winter to summer and then back again straight away takes away some of the credibility of it IMO. The whole organisation of it is becoming a joke.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2355: Feb 24, 2020 01:08:46 pm
      I know when I was doing the post that’s the exact reason why. Think I was wondering why they can’t just go with common sense for once though but it’s like you’ve pointed out...money.

The fact they keep changing it now from winter to summer and then back again straight away takes away some of the credibility of it IMO. The whole organisation of it is becoming a joke.

It also highlights the risk of having 2/3rds of your strike force playing in a biannual mid season competition
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #2356: Feb 24, 2020 02:06:55 pm

Well living in the Olympic Village with other athletics, going out to watch other sporting events and the chance at winning a medal for your country who based on quick wiki search doesn't medal much in summer games. The experience offers something different than playing in World Cup or ACON and lots of players miss out on it because of when they are born. As much as I like him to stay with the club and focus on a new season if I was in his shoes I would jump at this.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2357: Feb 24, 2020 02:43:22 pm

Rush was a Klopp player before there were Klopp players.

Superb striker, and one of the hardest working players I've seen.
      Never gave the opposition a moments rest.

Salah's great, and also does so much work for the team, so he's "up there" in terms of talent, but not in terms of stats.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #2358: Feb 25, 2020 11:23:04 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2359: Feb 25, 2020 04:38:35 pm
      one word describes him "Motastic"
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2360: Feb 25, 2020 05:41:01 pm
      Don’t know what Carra’s problem is, he seems intent to get a message across that we don’t appreciate Salah and would happily take big money for him because apparently his song isn’t sung as much as in his first season...

Seems to be a distinct narrative going on where certain parts of the media or ex players seem intent on driving the message home that we either don’t appreciate Mo, Mane will leave for Madrid or that the 2 of them don’t get on. None could be further from the truth and the 2 of them have said countless times how happy they are at the club.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #2361: Feb 25, 2020 05:44:46 pm
      It's all just attention-seeking pundit rubbish, Mo knows he's appreciated and none of our front three are leaving any time soon. They'll say any old crap if it gets them attention.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2362: Feb 26, 2020 02:52:28 pm

Very very impressive but you can also make the argument that Mo plays in a far better team, certainly in terms of defence.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2363: Feb 26, 2020 03:04:00 pm
      Very very impressive but you can also make the argument that Mo plays in a far better team, certainly in terms of defence.

What has the defence got to do with Salah’s goal scoring record...?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2364: Feb 26, 2020 06:31:50 pm

I think he is saying that we have more chances since we dominate more our opponents but nonetheless Salah brought us UCL and PL and the other none.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2365: Feb 26, 2020 07:01:15 pm

There is no but.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2366: Feb 26, 2020 07:12:02 pm
      Rush was a Klopp player before there were Klopp players.

Superb striker, and one of the hardest working players I've seen.

My hero as a youngster. I absolutely loved Rushie.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2367: Feb 26, 2020 08:59:59 pm

The fact you ask that explains quite a lot, perhaps ask Jürgen why a solid defence is essential for any successful team, I'll give you a hint, its to do with confidence and freedom.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2368: Feb 28, 2020 02:13:13 pm
      I see the papers are starting their nonsense already, with "rumours" of Salah wanting to go to RM, and Carragher saying he's "not loved".
      I know he's got to earn a crust, but that doesn't mean he has to spout sh*te.

Proper sh*t stirring fuckers.

Quick Reply