Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546472 times
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2415: Jul 11, 2020 04:54:58 pm
      Might be knee jerk, might be true. This is the type of performance that makes a section of our fans not love him as much as someone with his figures should be loved.

Absolutely abysmal. Tame, lackluster and greedy. F**k your golden boot. We want to win every game we play.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #2416: Jul 11, 2020 04:55:50 pm
       :mad:

Seriously get a F***ing grip
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2417: Jul 11, 2020 05:20:59 pm
      Might be knee jerk, might be true. This is the type of performance that makes a section of our fans not love him as much as someone with his figures should be loved.

Absolutely abysmal. Tame, lackluster and greedy. F**k your golden boot. We want to win every game we play.

Sadly I agree with you, Salah has been getting worse and worse since his first season, he is actually a fairly terrible finisher and he is SO bloody greedy. Actually because he is so greedy Mane thinks F**k you I;m not passing to you, we lose a lot of games per season because of that rivalry and needle and the less said about Bobby's scoring record the better.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2418: Jul 11, 2020 05:21:45 pm
      Would love him to win a third golden boot
      Because let’s be honest he bloody deserves it in all honesty and hopefully that will also help us beat the city points tally of last season,that’s a nice cheeky little double.

I disagree, I don't think he deserves it at all, he's been quite poor by his own standards this season.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #2419: Jul 11, 2020 05:49:54 pm

Classic F***ing kneejerk.you reckon you were hurting more than he was for missing, you reckon he doesn't want to win,get ta F**k.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #2420: Jul 11, 2020 05:57:59 pm
      Jesus Christ. Win, Mo Salah, lose Mo Salah, draw Mo Salah.

I've watched the game from beginning to end and there was nothing he did that was greedy. He passed the ball when it should've been passed and shot when it was time to shoot. Created chances

You might criticize the lack of finishing but even at that, Pope was fantastic.

People will keep on talking sh*t until he leaves and then they'll cry about FSG not replacing a ''30 goals a season guy''. At this point, people just repeat stupid stuff they hear without even watching the games.

As soon as we lose or draw a game, its the automatic answer to all our problems.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2421: Jul 11, 2020 06:39:45 pm
      Jesus Christ. Win, Mo Salah, lose Mo Salah, draw Mo Salah.

I've watched the game from beginning to end and there was nothing he did that was greedy. He passed the ball when it should've been passed and shot when it was time to shoot. Created chances

You might criticize the lack of finishing but even at that, Pope was fantastic.

People will keep on talking sh*t until he leaves and then they'll cry about FSG not replacing a ''30 goals a season guy''. At this point, people just repeat stupid stuff they hear without even watching the games.

As soon as we lose or draw a game, its the automatic answer to all our problems.

Then you must think Souness is also wrong for calling him very selfish, he has a reputation, he hardly ever passes the ball in front of goal and he never hits the ball hard which makes it much easier to save or block.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #2422: Jul 11, 2020 06:43:30 pm
      He isn’t a natural finisher. He is however someone who works very hard on finishing so is good enough at it. That chance that came to him at the end would have been buried in the corner fluff it had fell to Vardy, Aguero or dare I say it Ings.

Now I’m not stupid enough to think Salah is worse than any of them. He is far superior, however he isn’t the be all and end all.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #2423: Jul 11, 2020 07:11:31 pm
      Then you must think Souness is also wrong for calling him very selfish, he has a reputation, he hardly ever passes the ball in front of goal and he never hits the ball hard which makes it much easier to save or block.
      Sky Sports is just a load old guys trying to stir sh*t in order to make good T.V. (or what they consider to be good TV).  One moment they are praising a player and the next they are describing him as being absolute dog's sh*t. There is never any balance in their comments and that's because people want some fiery sh*t to be said for them to ride the wave just like what is happening right now.

Souness can shut up for all I care. Point us in the direction of another 30M$ 30 goals a season winger (which means not Sancho or Mbappe) and we'll surely buy him Graeme, but of course, he wouldn't do that because he can't because he just talks sh*t, just like the rest of their pannel.

I also wouldn't venture into criticizing how a 2-times golden boot winner strikes the ball (one that is in contention for this year's golden boot too. Some bad days, some good days. Sometimes it's just not going in.

People don't understand that if he had just a bit more finishing we'd be talking Messi/Ronaldo numbers because even when he does not score like today he is constantly the guy that positions himself the best out of the 22 men on the pitch. Once again today you remember to criticize him because of what? The fact that he put himself in those positions to have a go and actually be criticized.

I am not going to go on and analyze the whole game, its there for everybody to go watch it with a cool head, but just off the top of my head, the 2nd best chance we had all game after his 1st half right-footed shot that was miraculously saved by Pope was another one of his production when he put Firmino in a position to finish the game, but unlucky enough for us it hit the post.

Mane threw a tantrum and since then after every bad result, people come out of the woodwork to explain to us how it's all Salah's fault, how he is selfish, and how we should sell him despite every number pointing in the opposite direction. I mean I am not even going to pull the goal involvement numbers and the assist numbers again, at this point it's ridiculous.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2424: Jul 11, 2020 07:45:44 pm
      sh*t game today.

But Mo is still the man and wouldn't be surprised if he goes on a tear the last three games and wins the golden boot again.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2425: Jul 11, 2020 09:38:29 pm
      Sh*t game today.

But Mo is still the man and wouldn't be surprised if he goes on a tear the last three games and wins the golden boot again.

Think he can forget winning the golden boot now, today was his chance to keep pushing for it but he blew it. Vardy scores tomorrow and it completely rules Salah out.
      The way Sterling is going, I think he will have more chance to be honest.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2426: Jul 11, 2020 10:05:31 pm
      He isn’t a natural finisher. He is however someone who works very hard on finishing so is good enough at it. That chance that came to him at the end would have been buried in the corner fluff it had fell to Vardy, Aguero or dare I say it Ings.

Now I’m not stupid enough to think Salah is worse than any of them. He is far superior, however he isn’t the be all and end all.

Spot on, he is a very good forward but he's not instinctive, the way truly great strikers are, he wastes far to many chances. I'd argue that Mane is the better striker of the two, but as much as I love Bobby we need a third forward who can score more goals.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2427: Jul 12, 2020 11:08:33 pm
      Sh*t game today.

Yep agreed, how he missed those two chances still astonishes me.

Rip them a new one Mo, in the last 3 games.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2428: Jul 13, 2020 03:53:46 pm

All great goalscorers are greedy, Souness wasn't having a dig, he played with Ian Rush!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2429: Jul 13, 2020 03:56:45 pm
      Souness can shut up for all I care.

I dare you to say that to his face.

I'll organise the coffin :laugh:
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #2430: Jul 15, 2020 11:40:04 pm
      Didn't watch a single second of the game today, but given the scoreline I came here to say it was all Mo Salah's fault. Selfish pr**k, sell him!

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2431: Jul 16, 2020 12:02:57 am
      Didn't watch a single second of the game today, but given the scoreline I came here to say it was all Mo Salah's fault. Selfish pr**k, sell him!

For a man chasing a golden boot it was a fairly crap performance again, he couldn't score in a brothel at the moment.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2432: Jul 16, 2020 12:04:17 am
      He easily could have had 5 or 6 the last two games, think the Golden Boot opportunity quest has definitely effected his finishing. Trying too hard and a couple of World Class saves didn’t help the cause.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2433: Jul 28, 2020 02:46:52 am
      Class Mo, he's gonna miss his Bestie  :smack:  ;D ;D :D

https://twitter.com/i/status/1287757685472079874
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2434: Jul 28, 2020 06:00:05 pm

Aww, nice one Mo, what a lovely message to his bessie mate.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2435: Jul 29, 2020 10:11:09 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!