Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546393 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2438: Jul 29, 2020 11:18:40 pm
      Salah about to drop a whole diss track on Ramos
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2439: Jul 31, 2020 06:22:17 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2440: Aug 03, 2020 01:09:18 pm
      Still people who doubt him! We are blessed to have a player who never gives up, has unbelievable skill, pace, finishing.

We’ve won back to back major trophies and a champions league final with him on board. Love him.

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1290248549997977602?s=21
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2441: Aug 03, 2020 02:46:07 pm
      Still people who doubt him! We are blessed to have a player who never gives up, has unbelievable skill, pace, finishing.

We’ve won back to back major trophies and a champions league final with him on board. Love him.

He didn't have unbelievable skill, pace and/or finishing in the last few games of the season and that is the issue with Mo. Far to often recently he's been quite poor in matches but we simply don't have anyone on the bench who is good enough to replace him. Same goes for Bobby although I suspect Minamino might start to push him for a place during next season.

BTW When he's on form he is sensational but out of Mane and Salah its more often Salah having a sh*t game than Mane in my opinion.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2442: Aug 04, 2020 09:23:48 pm

I think we all forget just how skilful Mo is at times, the ball seems to stick to his feet, we need video's like this to remind us just how brilliant he is, love the man to bits and we are really blessed to have him in our team.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2443: Aug 12, 2020 04:06:26 pm
      He is skilfull he wastes sometimes but he also gives other players space
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2444: Aug 12, 2020 09:31:08 pm
      When he doesn’t play we really notice as the level of movement, pace and pressing drops significantly.

Another brilliant season from Mohamed.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #2445: Aug 12, 2020 11:27:09 pm
      CLASS IN A GLASS!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2446: Aug 17, 2020 07:09:40 am
      Was watching LFCTV and their 11 minute Interview with Mo, in the Champions Series they are doing and two things stuck out:

First: The Interviewer said if you could go back to any game in the Season what would it be? He said Watford straight away. The Boys were deffo not happy losing their unbeaten streak. Says mountains about the mentality of the Lads and I'm pretty damned sure if Watford had of remained in the PL, they would have got 2 mother of all hidings next season.

Secondly and this is the bit that scared me a wee bit:

Interviewer: How did you cope and what did you do during 3 months of ISO?

Mo: I got closer to my family then I have in the last 10 years and then I started to learn Spanish but it was too hard so went back to Italian to keep my Italian up.

WTF? Why you learning Spanish for? Please don't ever leave us...I will be shattered. Especially if you go to Spain. If you leave and go back to Italy, that's ok but in 5-7 years please Mo.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2447: Aug 17, 2020 04:14:57 pm
      Was watching LFCTV and their 11 minute Interview with Mo, in the Champions Series they are doing and two things stuck out:

First: The Interviewer said if you could go back to any game in the Season what would it be? He said Watford straight away. The Boys were deffo not happy losing their unbeaten streak. Says mountains about the mentality of the Lads and I'm pretty damned sure if Watford had of remained in the PL, they would have got 2 mother of all hidings next season.

Mo: I got closer to my family then I have in the last 10 years and then I started to learn Spanish but it was too hard so went back to Italian to keep my Italian up.

WTF? Why you learning Spanish for? Please don't ever leave us...I will be shattered. Especially if you go to Spain. If you leave and go back to Italy, that's ok but in 5-7 years please Mo.

He wants to be able to talk with Thiago.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2448: Aug 17, 2020 10:03:53 pm

These damn foreigners and ability to speak multi-lingual.

Well known Mo's a pisstaker, was deffo on the wind-up saying he was learning spanish :laugh:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2449: Aug 19, 2020 04:22:21 am
      These damn foreigners and ability to speak multi-lingual.

Well known Mo's a pisstaker, was deffo on the wind-up saying he was learning spanish :laugh:

Hope so mate, don't want that being his next goal in life...to play for one of those 2.

He did say it with a laugh and that customary smile of his.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2450: Aug 19, 2020 02:43:01 pm
      Hope so mate, don't want that being his next goal in life...to play for one of those 2.

He did say it with a laugh and that customary smile of his.

Would playing for Barcelona or Real Madrid really be that attractive for players these days?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2451: Aug 20, 2020 01:12:12 am
      Would playing for Barcelona or Real Madrid really be that attractive for players these days?

Who knows what goes thru the lads minds mate?

We all know we are the Pinnacle mate but not everyone is gonna agree with us!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2452: Aug 31, 2020 05:30:50 am
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2453: Sep 09, 2020 07:29:01 am
      A joke the wee man hasnt been in any of the official teams of the year, 19 goals and 11 assists in the league, 30 goal involvements. ffs thats brilliant numbers.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2454: Sep 09, 2020 08:02:23 am
      A joke the wee man hasnt been in any of the official teams of the year, 19 goals and 11 assists in the league, 30 goal involvements. ffs thats brilliant numbers.

hmm, not quite as good as other forwards in the league though was it
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2455: Sep 09, 2020 08:10:43 am
      hmm, not quite as good as other forwards in the league though was it
      Well yes, in fact better than every other forward. Only De Bruyne had more goal involvements than Mo.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2456: Sep 09, 2020 08:57:57 am
      Well yes, in fact better than every other forward. Only De Bruyne had more goal involvements than Mo.

Fair point, but a forwards primary task is to score goals and in that regard he was 4 behind Vardy and I guess that's what they jusge it on ,but perhaps it should be on goal involvements, might make him less greedy ;-)
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2457: Sep 09, 2020 09:14:48 am
      Fair point, but a forwards primary task is to score goals and in that regard he was 4 behind Vardy and I guess that's what they jusge it on ,but perhaps it should be on goal involvements, might make him less greedy ;-)
      Firmino is evidence that this thought process is a bit outdated. Forwards are so versatile nowadays and bring so many elements to the team that are sometimes not reflected in their goals/assists. I would say that it is clear our team is set up for Salah/Mane to score goals rather than Bobby, but they do an excellent job of it. The amount of goal involvements Salah had is 2nd best in the league yet a lot of people would say he had a so-so season, I think that’s testament to how good he is.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2458: Sep 09, 2020 10:36:11 am

Vardy is their main/only threat
      All chances are pretty much filtered through him, they are a side built to provide for Vardy

We on the other hand
      Salah
      Mane
      Bobby

As a front three where we arebt built for only one of these
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2459: Sep 09, 2020 11:40:44 am
      Firmino is evidence that this thought process is a bit outdated. Forwards are so versatile nowadays and bring so many elements to the team that are sometimes not reflected in their goals/assists. I would say that it is clear our team is set up for Salah/Mane to score goals rather than Bobby, but they do an excellent job of it. The amount of goal involvements Salah had is 2nd best in the league yet a lot of people would say he had a so-so season, I think that’s testament to how good he is.

Hmm, Bobby is not really a forward in the classic sense, he's more of an ultra attacking midfielder/link man, our two forwards are Mane and Salah as you said.
      I actually think next season we might on occasion see Minamino play as a third forward with Bobby dropping slightly deeper, if you then play Keita alongside Bobby with Fabinho/Hendo as DM then I defy any team to park the bus against us, we would have attack angles from all over the field, in every direction.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2460: Sep 09, 2020 12:44:33 pm
      Hmm, Bobby is not really a forward in the classic sense, he's more of an ultra attacking midfielder/link man, our two forwards are Mane and Salah as you said.
      I actually think next season we might on occasion see Minamino play as a third forward with Bobby dropping slightly deeper, if you then play Keita alongside Bobby with Fabinho/Hendo as DM then I defy any team to park the bus against us, we would have attack angles from all over the field, in every direction.
      That’s my point though forwards have evolved and, despite Bobby starting in a forward position, his contribution does not come in the form of an abundance of goals. Many would argue that Mane had a better season than Mo (myself included) yet the latter had more goals and more assists.

Quick Reply