Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 565303 times
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2530: Nov 13, 2020 03:59:08 pm
      Providing he has no symptoms, will he be available for the Leicester game?
      How long do they have to self isolate for once they test positive?
      This may be a blessing in disguise if it allows him a few days R&R before the 21st.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #2531: Nov 13, 2020 04:00:41 pm
      43 years (as far as I can remember!) supporting the Reds & I can never recall an injury/illness crisis like we've had the first 2 months of this season!

As my son said, it's like a blue-nose c*** has put a curse on us since the derby!!

Way it's going, it's just a case of hang in there in the Prem till Jan, then hopefully we'll have the funds to strengthen.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2532: Nov 13, 2020 04:26:11 pm
      If your team/player going to catch covid then what better time during the international break? Think about it as it's not as bad as you fans think.
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #2533: Nov 13, 2020 04:29:31 pm
      This may be a blessing in disguise if it allows him a few days R&R before the 21st.

Two weeks I think
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #2534: Nov 13, 2020 04:30:15 pm
      Reports now claiming the Egyptian FA have removed the notice about him testing positive.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2535: Nov 13, 2020 04:36:20 pm
      Please stop. We are so much affected :(
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #2536: Nov 13, 2020 04:38:22 pm
      Caoimhe O'Neil on twitter:

"The Egyptian FA have now removed their statement which said Mohamed Salah had tested positive for #coronavirus.

A recent post now states three players from Egypt & Togo who tested positive for COVID-19 will be tested again ahead of tomorrow's game. #LFC )"

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2020 04:44:12 pm by LiverpoolsFinest »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2537: Nov 13, 2020 05:13:23 pm
      Caoimhe O'Neil on twitter:

"The Egyptian FA have now removed their statement which said Mohamed Salah had tested positive for #coronavirus.

A recent post now states three players from Egypt & Togo who tested positive for COVID-19 will be tested again ahead of tomorrow's game. #LFC )"

Bloody false positives, these tests are very unreliable.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #2538: Nov 13, 2020 05:57:10 pm
      At this rate Alisson will be abducted by aliens the next day
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #2539: Nov 13, 2020 07:35:33 pm
      Second test positive so thats him out Leicester and probably Atlanta bit poor really
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #2540: Nov 13, 2020 08:07:23 pm
      If the reports that he attended his brother's wedding are true then he's a F***ing idiot and the club should fine him heavily. What kind of person would even hold a wedding during this time? " Oh we had a great time, singing, dancing and celebrating this great occasion. Just the two hundred guests so only two deaths. Can't whine about that."
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2100 
      Reply #2541: Nov 13, 2020 08:13:19 pm
      If the reports that he attended his brother's wedding are true then he's a f**king idiot and the club should fine him heavily. What kind of person would even hold a wedding during this time? " Oh we had a great time, singing, dancing and celebrating this great occasion. Just the two hundred guests so only two deaths. Can't whine about that."

I disagree. There are things in life that are bigger than football. Attending your brother's wedding is up there. We're all human and I doubt he was breaking any national Egyptian laws (or at least I hope not). If the club has a problem with him then they shouldn't have released him to go abroad and play for his country.

I just hope he had a fantastic time!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2542: Nov 13, 2020 08:16:30 pm
      I disagree. There are things in life that are bigger than football. Attending your brother's wedding is up there. We're all human and I doubt he was breaking any national Egyptian laws (or at least I hope not). If the club has a problem with him then they shouldn't have released him to go abroad and play for his country.

Exactly. I’m tired of people acting high and mighty like people are supposed to just put their lives on hold. Screw that. Life goes on, get busy living or get busy dying.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #2543: Nov 13, 2020 08:21:01 pm

Bang on FMS.

Welcome back too.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,192 posts | 833 
      Reply #2544: Nov 13, 2020 08:21:38 pm

He will miss the games against Leicester City and Atalanta.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #2545: Nov 13, 2020 08:31:25 pm

This is very poor judgement, criminal judgement. There are things bigger than football, such as slow death by asphyxiation.

Kopite78
      Reply #2546: Nov 13, 2020 08:35:08 pm
      If the reports that he attended his brother's wedding are true then he's a f**king idiot and the club should fine him heavily. What kind of person would even hold a wedding during this time? " Oh we had a great time, singing, dancing and celebrating this great occasion. Just the two hundred guests so only two deaths. Can't whine about that."

He would definitely have had the clubs blessing to go
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #2547: Nov 13, 2020 08:37:14 pm
      He would definitely have had the clubs blessing to go

What makes you so sure?
      Kopite78
      Reply #2548: Nov 13, 2020 08:38:31 pm

Because it's the way the club goes about things, there are numerous examples of similar over the years, including with Mo

I have no doubt they knew he was attending his brother wedding
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #2549: Nov 13, 2020 08:42:29 pm
      There's no way the club would approve of Salah attending such an event. They wouldn't tolerate such recklessness in Liverpool, so why Egypt? The only question is whether Liverpool have any authority over him while he is on international duty.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #2550: Nov 13, 2020 08:42:38 pm
      We are in the middle of a pandemic, a pandemic that is killing thousands of people, we all are having to make sacrifices, that we don’t want to make. People are unable to see their loved ones who are dying, grandparents cannot hug or see their grandchildren. Yes, there are things in life that are bigger than football, attending your brothers wedding during a pandemic is not one of them! I have friends and family who are front line workers, they would be appalled at some of the posts on here. We are all in this together, we have to pull together, nobody who lives in this City must be in any doubt, this is serious, we cannot be complacent. Keep safe everyone, look after each other, we can beat this together.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2551: Nov 13, 2020 08:43:32 pm
      There's no way the club would approve of Salah attending such an event. They wouldn't tolerate such recklessness in Liverpool, so why Egypt? The only question is whether Liverpool have any authority over him while he is on international duty.

Don’t hurt yourself when you climb down off of your high horse.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #2552: Nov 13, 2020 08:47:12 pm
      Don’t hurt yourself when you climb down off of your high horse.

I don't think it is morally superior to condemn needlessly endangering lives.

Quick Reply