Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546404 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2898: Jan 31, 2021 10:56:37 pm
      Quite simply one of the best footballers in the World.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2899: Jan 31, 2021 11:05:38 pm
      We’ll be seeing this finish replayed again and again for years to come

https://twitter.com/skysportspl/status/1355939486014824451?s=21
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2900: Jan 31, 2021 11:13:12 pm
      The whole team was sh*te, you’re too hard on one of our greatest ever players

Agree no one was particularly playing well, but being one of our greatest players ever doesn't erase the fact he sucked ass for a month, and is particularly hurtful on offense when we center it around him more than anyone else.

Today's 2nd goal is a good example of how we set up offensively around Salah and the importance of him taking his chances. He gets to stand by or near the center line ready for the counter and scored an amazing goal. 10 days ago he probably misses it and the game could have ended very differently. That today he was back to his scoring/normal self, which he started to show against Utd in the FA cup, and that we started to look much more lively on offense again is no coincidence.

Everyone was busy bitching about Firmino and a CB, but you can put god in defense but if you don't score goals the best you're going to get is a draw.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #2901: Jan 31, 2021 11:16:17 pm
      Just can't stop watching it.   
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2902: Jan 31, 2021 11:39:28 pm
      Agree no one was particularly playing well, but being one of our greatest players ever doesn't erase the fact he sucked ass for a month, and is particularly hurtful on offense when we center it around him more than anyone else.

Today's 2nd goal is a good example of how we set up offensively around Salah and the importance of him taking his chances. He gets to stand by or near the center line ready for the counter and scored an amazing goal. 10 days ago he probably misses it and the game could have ended very differently. That today he was back to his scoring/normal self, which he started to show against Utd in the FA cup, and that we started to look much more lively on offense again is no coincidence.

Everyone was busy bitching about Firmino and a CB, but you can put god in defense but if you don't score goals the best you're going to get is a draw.

So you go to town on Salah for having one poor month of form, but lash out at anyone who criticised Bobby after 9 or 10 months of poor form.

Double standards much?

Anyway both look close to their best again let's move on shall we.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2903: Feb 01, 2021 05:45:55 am
      One of and I have seen many, the greatest goals i have seen.

What Team Play and the finish from Moe, exquisite first touch, delightful ball around the keeper!! Wowweeee...can just watch that on repeat!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #2904: Feb 03, 2021 09:21:03 pm
      Remember that goal Suarez scored against Newcastle afew years back when he plucked the ball out of the sky, 2nd youch around the keeper and then rolled it in? That was possibly better from Mo today. I can't give it a better compliment than that.
      Remember it well mate, one of my favourite Liverpool goals in terms of sheer technical brilliance. Salah's was brilliant as well but not quite as brilliant in my opinion.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2905: Feb 03, 2021 10:17:22 pm
      Should of had 2 today and got us all 3 points, should have buried both, so stunned he didn't!!! But he just can't do it all himself, where's the F***ing help?
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2906: Feb 03, 2021 10:22:20 pm
      Should of had 2 today and got us all 3 points, should have buried both, so stunned he didn't!!! But he just can't do it all himself, where's the f**king help?

Yep two great chances. Hard to be tough on the leagues top scorer, but really wish he'd stuck one away at least.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2907: Feb 03, 2021 10:23:53 pm
      Should of had 2 today and got us all 3 points, should have buried both, so stunned he didn't!!! But he just can't do it all himself, where's the f**king help?

Mane and Jota are back next week.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2908: Feb 03, 2021 11:11:42 pm

Not sure Jota Klopp just said 2,3,4 weeks  ???
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2909: Feb 03, 2021 11:12:54 pm

Get fu**ed with our injuries!! Some c**t has cursed us, get Brucey back to piss on the posts again!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2910: Feb 03, 2021 11:13:48 pm

Crap thought he was back training the wait continues.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #2911: Feb 03, 2021 11:18:31 pm
      Crap thought he was back training the wait continues.

Fitness training on his own think Klopp might have been a bit pissed off being asked about him I reckon 2 weeks
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2912: Feb 03, 2021 11:33:26 pm
      Too much pressure on his shoulders to deliver..
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #2913: Feb 03, 2021 11:53:31 pm
      Too much pressure on his shoulders to deliver..

yep seems like it's him or no one1

Can't wait for Mbappe next year! Scoff all you want, he will be a Red next season, mark my F***ing words!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2914: Feb 04, 2021 09:51:59 am
      Fitness training on his own think Klopp might have been a bit pissed off being asked about him I reckon 2 weeks

Klopp should be more pissed off at himself at playing him in a dead rubber game where he got injured!!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2915: Feb 04, 2021 09:53:54 am
      Yep two great chances. Hard to be tough on the leagues top scorer, but really wish he'd stuck one away at least.

If Salah scores from that great chance in the first minute then we win, its a big big difference between us and City, they very often score in the first few minutes when they are blitzing, we don't and then the team gradually lose faith whilst the opposition grow into the game.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2916: Feb 04, 2021 10:13:21 am
      If Salah scores from that great chance in the first minute then we win,

Please don't think Im trolling  you because I'm not. Very interesting comment you make so feel as I have to pass comment. So if Salah had scored that goal and your forecast of going on to win stands up I presume  you wouldn't be having ago at Klopp?

Klopp has come into some fair criticism of you recently. Can it really be all his fault like many of your post suggest?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2917: Feb 04, 2021 11:27:46 am
      Please don't think Im trolling  you because I'm not. Very interesting comment you make so feel as I have to pass comment. So if Salah had scored that goal and your forecast of going on to win stands up I presume  you wouldn't be having ago at Klopp?

Klopp has come into some fair criticism of you recently. Can it really be all his fault like many of your post suggest?

No not all Klopp's fault, a lot is on the players and of course the horrendous luck we've had with injuries, but ultimately Klopp sets the tactics and selects the players and he's been making some big mistakes recently.  For example despite our injuries our team should still be far too strong for Brighton, they should have at least the same energy and work rate and should definitely have more skill and inventive tactics but we don't.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2918: Feb 04, 2021 12:06:58 pm
      No not all Klopp's fault, a lot is on the players and of course the horrendous luck we've had with injuries, but ultimately Klopp sets the tactics and selects the players and he's been making some big mistakes recently.  For example despite our injuries our team should still be far too strong for Brighton, they should have at least the same energy and work rate and should definitely have more skill and inventive tactics but we don't.

In relation  to selecting the players it can get difficult for any manager and being honest I can't really call Klopp on his team selections.

I'll tell you why.
      When the manager gives a format on how individuals should play (( with your depleted squad ))  he will tell a player to do the following.
       Example, man mark joe bloggs  and don't let him out of your site and keep up with the pace. Now if that player  is Usian Bolt it simply isn't happening. Bit like telling Gomez to take the role of VVD, it's impossible to fill such is the gaping hole on player quality.

So in reality here's how I see it. Your under performing not because of Klopps tactics but more a case he hasn't got the tools to play with such the debt of your injury list.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2919: Feb 04, 2021 12:23:47 pm

On the treatment table with the rest of them mate

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2920: Feb 04, 2021 03:30:01 pm
      In relation  to selecting the players it can get difficult for any manager and being honest I can't really call Klopp on his team selections.

I'll tell you why.
      When the manager gives a format on how individuals should play (( with your depleted squad ))  he will tell a player to do the following.
       Example, man mark joe bloggs  and don't let him out of your site and keep up with the pace. Now if that player  is Usian Bolt it simply isn't happening. Bit like telling Gomez to take the role of VVD, it's impossible to fill such is the gaping hole on player quality.

So in reality here's how I see it. Your under performing not because of Klopps tactics but more a case he hasn't got the tools to play with such the debt of your injury list.

I agree with that to an extent Keith, but it comes under my point of Klopp needing to find a better solution, giving better instructions to the players and selecting the right ones for the right game. For example Milner should never have started yesterday, that game was crying out for someone like Ox and Curtis in midfield players who can take the ball and push forwards, Milner looked knackered from the 30 minute mark and I would rather have kept him fresh for City.
      Other oddities were bringing on Origi for Bobby, I just cannot understand Klopp's fixation with Origi. Sure Bobby didn't have a great game but he had a couple of half chances and was arguably our best threat in the game. Origi on the other hand did absolutely F**k all after he came on, zero apart from one horrendous attempted pass to Trent that went into row Z!

Quick Reply