Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546566 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #2921: Feb 04, 2021 03:41:58 pm
      In relation  to selecting the players it can get difficult for any manager and being honest I can't really call Klopp on his team selections.

I'll tell you why.
      When the manager gives a format on how individuals should play (( with your depleted squad ))  he will tell a player to do the following.
       Example, man mark joe bloggs  and don't let him out of your site and keep up with the pace. Now if that player  is Usian Bolt it simply isn't happening. Bit like telling Gomez to take the role of VVD, it's impossible to fill such is the gaping hole on player quality.

So in reality here's how I see it. Your under performing not because of Klopps tactics but more a case he hasn't got the tools to play with such the debt of your injury list.

Heimdall is not entirely wrong on Klopp taking some blame, however. As he mentioned, we could have really used Ox or Jones from the start and a 35yo Milner should not have started his 3rd game in 6 days. He just doesn't have the legs to be effective for that many minutes in a short days span.

Of course it's not Klopp's fault that Salah chocked away clear chances. Being up 1-0 in the first couple minutes would have been massive and the game likely goes a very different way as Brighton would have to open up more.

Taki not being given chances and loaned out in favor of Origi makes no sense either.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2922: Feb 04, 2021 03:57:20 pm
      Heimdall is not entirely wrong on Klopp taking some blame, however. As he mentioned, we could have really used Ox or Jones from the start and a 35yo Milner should not have started his 3rd game in 6 days. He just doesn't have the legs to be effective for that many minutes in a short days span.

Of course it's not Klopp's fault that Salah chocked away clear chances. Being up 1-0 in the first couple minutes would have been massive and the game likely goes a very different way as Brighton would have to open up more.

Taki not being given chances and loaned out in favor of Origi makes no sense either.

Point taken, I'm just not sure if Klopp likes Ox in the side as in my opinion he's very one directional. Never rated him  (( at 40 million )) even before he got injured and now also looks like he's lost a yard of pace too.

I'm pretty sure Ox & Origi will be gone in summer transfer but obviously no easy fix now window closed. This year will probably go down as one of the freakiest of all time such is the up and downs of a torrired season for many clubs.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2923: Feb 04, 2021 04:29:18 pm
      Point taken, I'm just not sure if Klopp likes Ox in the side as in my opinion he's very one directional. Never rated him  (( at 40 million )) even before he got injured and now also looks like he's lost a yard of pace too.

I'm pretty sure Ox & Origi will be gone in summer transfer but obviously no easy fix now window closed. This year will probably go down as one of the freakiest of all time such is the up and downs of a torrired season for many clubs.

That injury against Roma is a crying shame. He was absolutely stellar prior to that.

I still think he offers more on the team than Milner, who was gassed from so many minutes in a short span. Ox, while not at his best since the injury, offers directness, ability to take the ball and run into through the midfield and a strong shot (plus the desire to shoot) from outside the box.

LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #2924: Feb 07, 2021 08:09:47 pm
      Would also like to see Salah in the striker's role. Think he needs to adapt his game like Ronaldo did (albeit he done it at a later age). He doesn't have the dribbling ability or change of pace to beat his man like Sadio does. He's too predictable as well for a winger. Think playing on the shoulder of the defence would certainly cause them problems. I realise it's tougher to do against teams who defend deep but if a chance falls for him in the middle as it has done for Bobby, I think he takes it 9/10.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #2925: Feb 07, 2021 08:21:40 pm
      Would also like to see Salah in the striker's role. Think he needs to adapt his game like Ronaldo did (albeit he done it at a later age). He doesn't have the dribbling ability or change of pace to beat his man like Sadio does. He's too predictable as well for a winger. Think playing on the shoulder of the defence would certainly cause them problems. I realise it's tougher to do against teams who defend deep but if a chance falls for him in the middle as it has done for Bobby, I think he takes it 9/10.

Salah scores a penalty and gets a pass despite doing nothing else all game long.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2926: Feb 07, 2021 08:24:14 pm
      Salah scores a penalty and gets a pass despite doing nothing else all game long.

He won the penalty as well.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2927: Feb 07, 2021 08:28:49 pm
      Salah scores goals, plain and simple. Even in games hengoes missing he seems to find a way to get on the team sheet half the time. The other 2 don't have that in them, granted Salah is the pen taker. However, he shouldn't be punished for being one of the best pen takers in the world
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #2928: Feb 07, 2021 08:39:24 pm

Dude, he is our top scorer by a margin. What else do you want him to do? Got the penalty,  scored.

And he is premier league's top goal scorer too. What else is needed of him? its others who need to look at themselves. Apart from 5 games after Palace, man has been delivering the goods regularly.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #2929: Feb 07, 2021 08:45:49 pm

Agree with this at times we need to be more flexible with front 3 against Utd for example two very slow CBs we could have utilised him more through middle nullified his pace against Shaw and on other side Wan Bissaka who are both quick
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #2930: Feb 07, 2021 08:58:28 pm
      Dude, he is our top scorer by a margin. What else do you want him to do? Got the penalty,  scored.

And he is premier league's top goal scorer too. What else is needed of him? its others who need to look at themselves. Apart from 5 games after Palace, man has been delivering the goods regularly.
      I've got to second that. The same people who come here complaining ''he did nothing else'' than score and assist will be the first to complain if he has a fantastic game and does not score or assist.

Just as a reader I feel exhausted for him. He literally can't catch a break no matter how good he does.

I'm not against constructive criticism but it feels like the criticism in question is elastic and take different shapes depending on what the people throwing it need. If he scores its ''he didn't do much else'' or ''he scored but missed an easy one''. If he has a fantastic game and does not score you get the ''but we pay him to score goals''. If he has a bad game he ''never was quite like that first season and we could sell him in order to buy that or this guy''.

The adaptive criticism isn't that much of a problem as much as is the willingness of some people to completely forget their last criticism and say something completely contradictory to what they said a game or two ago despite Mo's performance being overall (emphasis on overall) quite stable this year
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2931: Feb 07, 2021 09:01:51 pm

Asking our attackers to defend... daft ain’t it...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #2932: Feb 07, 2021 09:06:20 pm
      Our top scorer and in many games the only player who looks like scoring.

Pretty sure he's the least of our worries.

By the way great to see him go down for the pen. Wouldn't have been given otherwise.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2933: Feb 14, 2021 02:59:54 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #2934: Feb 14, 2021 03:11:18 pm

Good to see that, a kind of "We're all this together" type of call.

After everything of the past week, good to see a senior player and I imagine they'll be a few others before Tuesday saying similar.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #2935: Feb 14, 2021 03:59:16 pm
      Mo the Legend. I never listen to any of the nonsense of "Salah transfer" talk. This dude is a Red. He's our most consistent player and he's world class. Mo gets what YNWA truly means
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #2936: Feb 14, 2021 09:21:56 pm
      Legend and a wonderful person too, what would we do without him, scorer of some awesome goals, love you Mo Salah.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2937: Feb 15, 2021 03:13:11 am
      On ya Mo...rallying cry, let's get our Mojo back!!!!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #2938: Feb 15, 2021 07:07:46 am
      Yep, proper legend, stats wise and character wise. Can see him staying with us till the end.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2939: Feb 15, 2021 07:12:41 am
      Yep, proper legend, stats wise and character wise. Can see him staying with us till the end.

Sounds like a captain to me.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #2940: Feb 15, 2021 08:36:02 pm
      Mentioned this before but would like to see Mo starting up front in the future.

I just don't think he's effective when he gets the ball out wide. The opposition either double up on him or keep him on his right side knowing he's very one-footed. It just feels like if he gets a chance on his right he's not going to do much with it, i.e. one at the weekend when he tried to square it to Mane.

Not criticizing him in any way as he's clearly an intelligent and talented footballer, I just think we need to maximize his strengths. And playing him up top would be a good start in doing so.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2941: Mar 08, 2021 08:50:28 am
      He looked really lively in the first half hour but the mistake in the lead up to their goal did him mentally. Was ominous in second half.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #2942: Mar 29, 2021 06:12:41 pm
      Nice couple of goals for Mo today for Egypt
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2943: Mar 29, 2021 08:18:36 pm