Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 590572 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #3220: Oct 04, 2021 05:03:30 pm
      Oh I think it is.

It was a spectacular goal and not out of place among some they Maradona and Messi has scored.

Closest player in style to Messi over the last number years and over the last couple had been even better than him.

Yep, his finest ever goal for Liverpool - just such a shame it wasnā€™t the winner.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,114 posts | 2131 
      Reply #3221: Oct 04, 2021 05:22:29 pm
      Oh I think it is.

It was a spectacular goal and not out of place among some they Maradona and Messi has scored.

Closest player in style to Messi over the last number years and over the last couple had been even better than him.

Definitely up there with the goal against Spurs back in 2018. From the same side of the pitch, same goal and same scoreline. Even the way the match played out it was oddly identical (I recall Spurs dominating for long periods in that game too).

Mo really looks like the Mo from 3/4 years back. That can only spell trouble for everyone else! What a player, what an icon!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #3222: Oct 04, 2021 06:41:43 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3223: Oct 04, 2021 11:09:07 pm
      Offer him what he wants, let him agree, then Double it!!!

He is a Phenom and he's ours.

Don't let him go ever!
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,248 posts | 1226 
      Reply #3224: Oct 04, 2021 11:50:00 pm
      I have watched his goal about 20 times and I am so in awe of his talents it's difficult to know what to say. Those are moments you think he is establishing himself as one of the true greats of his era.

Even for the first goal you think it's a tight space and he still flies down the wing like the guy isn't there before playing the perfect ball to Sadio.To watch Mo is a privilege, a joy and a revelation all in one. I feel he is turning me religious :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3225: Oct 05, 2021 12:08:02 am
      I really need to experience watching Mo live at Anfield!

F***ing Covid cu*ts!!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3226: Oct 05, 2021 03:18:44 am
      I really need to experience watching Mo live at Anfield!

F***ing Covid Cu*ts!!!!

We're not letting you  :cool-smiley-027: into the country, your not welcome  :f_tongueincheek:
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #3227: Oct 05, 2021 10:22:13 am
      Fsg need to pull their fingers out of their backsides and sort Mo's contract as a matter of urgency.

If we are not going to compete in the transfer market and leave JĆ¼rgen with only 13/14 players he seems to fully trust in the big games then it's worrying for me that Mo has not been sorted.

Knowing FSG as we do ... they will no doubt rather pay him his current wage for the rest of this season and next and then let him leave for free rather than up his wages to the going rate and pay his agent for the privilege.

At 29, he is the best out there for me. Years ahead of him as well at the top barring serious injury.

I believe Mo wants to stay ... but the longer it drags on the more chance others will think they can get him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #3228: Oct 05, 2021 11:14:53 am
      Fsg need to pull their fingers out of their backsides and sort Mo's contract as a matter of urgency.

If we are not going to compete in the transfer market and leave JĆ¼rgen with only 13/14 players he seems to fully trust in the big games then it's worrying for me that Mo has not been sorted.

Knowing FSG as we do ... they will no doubt rather pay him his current wage for the rest of this season and next and then let him leave for free rather than up his wages to the going rate and pay his agent for the privilege.

At 29, he is the best out there for me. Years ahead of him as well at the top barring serious injury.

I believe Mo wants to stay ... but the longer it drags on the more chance others will think they can get him.

Cannot believe Moā€™s contract is not given the priority it deserves, he is currently the best player in the world and if there was the merest implication of any contractual issues elite clubs globally would be on the case.

FSG are a F***ing joke as is the chestnut of them not understanding soccer.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3229: Oct 05, 2021 11:17:29 am
      Read earlier he has only not been involved in a total of 7 games since signing.

Heā€™s virtually an ever present, he has justified his transfer fee 10x over an looks to be getting even better.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #3230: Oct 05, 2021 11:26:37 am
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58795996

Sutton and Shearer say our man is better than Messi and Ronaldo.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3231: Oct 05, 2021 11:35:28 am
      Pretty sure the contract thing will be resolved, and wee Mo will be the highest paid player at the club.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of discussion re bonus's and quite possibly a sell on clause type thing.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,286 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3232: Oct 05, 2021 11:59:04 am

FSG are a f**king joke as is the chestnut of them not understanding soccer.

Don't let pyjamas hear you calling FSG  :lmao:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #3233: Oct 05, 2021 11:59:52 am

Strange post when all evidence suggests FSG look to tie down all our big players to long term deals and have done so over the last few years??

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #3234: Oct 05, 2021 12:21:30 pm
      Don't let pyjamas hear you calling FSG  :lmao:

Facts are facts and coincidentally Mo's contract will undoubtedly involve paying for what the player is worth, as with all financial outlay concerning LFC any monies are provided by the club.
      FSG do not provide a cent but will have reservations about rewarding Mo for his super-human contribution that helps us compete with our free-spending rivals.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #3235: Oct 05, 2021 12:34:17 pm
      Mo Salah is simply a superstar, who would be impossible to replace for sheer skill & talent.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #3236: Oct 05, 2021 02:26:25 pm
      Ballon dā€™Or winner elect...

Deserves it, been consistent for us & vital to our silverware aspirations...

Given him the Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ he wants.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #3237: Oct 05, 2021 02:43:23 pm
      Mo Salah is simply a superstar, who would be impossible to replace for sheer skill & talent.

And a proper winning mentality - a champion whoā€™s obsessed with glory!

Why is the contract not signed?! Pay the man what he wants!!
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #3238: Oct 05, 2021 03:12:31 pm
      And a proper winning mentality - a champion whoā€™s obsessed with glory!

Why is the contract not signed?! Pay the man what he wants!!

And the fitness! This is so rare.
      Week in and week out, he shows the fitness and consistency that is Messi-esque.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #3239: Oct 05, 2021 03:26:00 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3240: Oct 05, 2021 03:33:17 pm
      The ā€œdreamā€ attack of Mbappe, Messi and Neymar have a combined total of 6 goals so far this season.

Salah has 9 and isnā€™t playing in a weak league.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #3241: Oct 05, 2021 03:49:04 pm
      The ā€œdreamā€ attack of Mbappe, Messi and Neymar have a combined total of 6 goals so far this season.

Salah has 9 and isnā€™t playing in a weak league.

Heā€™s been a goal machine every season heā€™s played for us. Heā€™s getting better and fitter! I just canā€™t believe itā€™s taking this long to lock it down.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #3242: Oct 05, 2021 04:02:14 pm
      Heā€™s been a goal machine every season heā€™s played for us. Heā€™s getting better and fitter! I just canā€™t believe itā€™s taking this long to lock it down.

They donā€™t want to pay the shekels mate, if anything I think they would like to cash in..kind of destabilise the player, drag it on & then blame the agent & player for not accepting what was offered..

Pearce already saying  FSG reluctant to break the pay structure..

Quick Reply