Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 587960 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,260 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #4531: May 07, 2022 05:39:23 pm
      [quote author =waltonl4 link=topic=49718.msg2472911#msg2472911 date=1651939363]
      you cant have a contract dispute on going play the AFCON lose in the final and then get beat in a two leg play off for the WC without feeling fu**ed.
      He needs to focus on LFC this Contract should never have been raised mid season its just poor form and management by those concerned.
      Hoping now he can see RM ahead of him his blood will be pumping through his veins tonight expecting nothing less than a hatrick
      [/quote]

Nothing less than a hatrick? Not asking much then  ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #4532: May 07, 2022 05:57:31 pm
      We need a big performance from Salah tonight 🙏🙏
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,690 posts | 7160 
      Reply #4533: May 07, 2022 06:00:37 pm
      Nothing less than a hatrick? Not asking much then  ;D

reach for the stars mate he is capable of it and getting back to his best would really be a major advantage to us in these remaining games.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4534: May 07, 2022 09:42:45 pm
      2 goals since AFCON F**k sake Mo, you throwing the Golden Boot away and not F***ing helping us either!

Get your sh*t together!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,690 posts | 7160 
      Reply #4535: May 08, 2022 10:35:44 am
      2 goals since AFCON f**k sake Mo, you throwing the Golden Boot away and not f**king helping us either!

Get your sh*t together!

time to bench him and keep him for the finals.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,931 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #4536: May 08, 2022 12:04:42 pm
      Wouldn't be against having him through the middle for a couple of games to try to find his form again.

I think Diaz and Mane could both do jobs on their respective wings but Salah has become too predictable of late, Son looks a dead cert to take his golden boot from him, unfortunately.

I think he needed a rest earlier in the season but it never came, Klopp seemed insistent on starting him over others, maybe because of the fact teams will always double up on him.

Maybe if he can't get it together midweek, drop him the next game and see how he reacts after.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #4537: May 08, 2022 01:06:05 pm
      First time yesterday where I was really pissed with Mo, I hope he don’t perform
      Like that against Real..
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,622 posts | 1515 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #4538: May 08, 2022 01:41:30 pm
      Needs benching. He’s in his own head too much right now, instead of using his natural instinct, you can see him thinking and trying too hard.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,287 posts | 936 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4539: May 08, 2022 06:18:21 pm
      Agreed needs dropping so poor lately
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,943 posts | 452 
      Reply #4540: May 08, 2022 07:35:24 pm
      Dropping no resting yes.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #4541: May 08, 2022 10:15:37 pm
      Honestly don’t think any of all this contract bollocks has helped Mo at all and it hasn’t shone a good light on him and his agent either
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,260 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4542: May 09, 2022 06:16:51 am
      As a neutral I don’t think he should be benched. He’s recently gone from world class to the best player in the world and because of a few games without scoring some of you want him side lined.

The mind boggles  :f_doh:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #4543: May 09, 2022 09:56:40 am
      As a neutral I don’t think he should be benched. He’s recently gone from world class to the best player in the world and because of a few games without scoring some of you want him side lined.

I don't want him sidelined, I just want him to start scoring for fun again!
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #4544: May 09, 2022 02:34:25 pm
      I'd like to see Mo take defenders on the outside every once in a while, he playing very wide at the moment and then he always looks to cut in and then he invariably gets crowded out. He should take the bait every now and then, get to the byline and cross or take a swing with his right boot. it's all a little bit samey, you've got to keep them honest. Diaz does it.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #4545: May 09, 2022 02:42:51 pm

It's not just "a few games". It's basically been 3 months. Since he came back in early February he has scored 3 goals from open play across 13 games, 2 against United on 4/19 and 1 against Norwich on 2/19. That is poor and when you have the type of talent up front that this team does, he should be benched.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #4546: May 09, 2022 02:51:14 pm
      It's not just "a few games". It's basically been 3 months. Since he came back in early February he has scored 3 goals from open play across 13 games, 2 against United on 4/19 and 1 against Norwich on 2/19. That is poor and when you have the type of talent up front that this team does, he should be benched.

Don't forget he has set up a few good goals in that timespan as well, it's not just about the goals. But certainly his form has not been at the high standards he has set for himself over the years. We certainly need him to find his top top form as we go into these 2 cup finals. A problem we have is if you drop him you are replacing him with a right-footer and Klopp has always played the inverted winger approach to 4-3-3 which affords our full-backs the space to play the way they do. I don't think Klopp will drop him myself.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,690 posts | 7160 
      Reply #4547: May 10, 2022 10:32:40 am
      just seen Mo 4 times ignore Diaz in great position and Diaz wasn't happy at all. Mo is not scoring and not creating much either his contract is hanging around like a bad smell and  he is in danger of tarnishing his legacy if it carries on like this.
      I think we all understand his drop in form but his contract situation is up to him and his agent he isnt on minimum wage is he.
      He was also far too close to Trent at times on Sat stopping Trent from doing what he does best the lad needs to stay at home and rest for a week or so.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4548: May 10, 2022 11:14:58 am
      Mo has been dealing with 2 or 3 men marking him for months which has left space for others to score.

Its all good, Im no happy cos hes my FF captain, but we have only had 1 poor result last weekend, we cant complain too much.

Team is still boss, with everyone contributing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #4549: May 10, 2022 11:58:45 am
      Mo has been dealing with 2 or 3 men marking him for months which has left space for others to score.

Its all good, Im no happy cos hes my FF captain, but we have only had 1 poor result last weekend, we cant complain too much.

Well said mate, defenders are terrified of our wee magician and his presence anywhere over the half way line gives them palpitations.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4550: May 10, 2022 12:01:28 pm
      Well said mate, defenders are terrified of our wee magician and his presence anywhere over the half way line gives them palpitations.

Yup.

He defends like fuk as well, always chasing men back to win the ball back. TBF the whole team does that, but it shows mo's game isn't just about the goals.

There's a reason klopp hardly ever rotates him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,107 posts | 2129 
      Reply #4551: May 10, 2022 10:05:05 pm
      If he wants to be paid as one of the top top players in the world then he has to play like it consistently. I question the sensibilities of any man who chooses an agent and has chosen to remain silent on a contract story that has enveloped his season these past few weeks. Not good. He's our talisman and it's a shame that this has happened.

And another thing, we should set aside any talk of this somehow being Mo's 'revenge' against Real Madrid in the CL final. (how that works out given that Ramos no longer plays for them, well f**k knows). Oddly, that narrative has been pushed by a select few since we progressed last week. Not only is it a distraction but it's a disservice to Liverpool FC and everything we stand for and have stood for historically in Europe. This is not a one man story and the CL Final in Paris is SO much bigger than one man's mission. We are there to try and claim number 7, to add greater weight to a great history. Salah will contribute to it, but he's not the story. No one man is. Liverpool FC in a European Cup Final is the story and always has been.

He's struggled again the last couple of matches. But he's amazing - and he played really great in the City double header. He's going to make a big headline in the next few games, I'm sure.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,690 posts | 7160 
      Reply #4552: May 10, 2022 10:15:50 pm
      sub for me his energy and presence is negative we have Jota,Sadio,Mane, and Divok. Mo's hea disnt right and he can thank his Agent for being part of that problem because he is gone in the summer and sadly very sadly he wont be missed because his goals have fallen of a cliff. Just look at Sadio never stops working defending always a threat always influences a game.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,690 posts | 7160 
      Reply #4553: May 10, 2022 10:17:46 pm

7 goals this year mate and he has had man for man marking for the past 5 years he doesnt deserve a starting spot. Sadio is my favourite player because of his energy and his total commitment to the team.

Quick Reply