Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546567 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread
      Reply #4600: May 13, 2022 01:48:32 pm
      I think there maybe a bit of truth in Mo going in the summer & Mane contract renewed...

Anyway,..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4601: May 13, 2022 05:30:59 pm
      I use to think the same thing about him ( humble guy ) but since there’s been issues signing a new contract  his personality has changed somewhat. Makes me wonder if there’s a hidden agenda. However, still surprised that many of you think you should be dropped/ benched.

Top and bottom of it ( just my opinion ) he’s just out of form. All players go through it. I don’t see it as a big deal like some of you do.

It's not just about form, take into account the fatigue factor considering how much football he's been playing. Saying that I'd still be starting him tomorrow.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4602: May 13, 2022 05:44:13 pm
      It's not just about form, take into account the fatigue factor considering how much football he's been playing. Saying that I'd still be starting him tomorrow.

Absolutely, you lot! played so so many games it has to take its toll. I think some fans expect the same level of form every time they go on the pitch, it ain’t happenin, they’re not machines.

Along with VVD first two names on my team sheet if I was picking the team, bet your glad I’m not.  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4603: May 13, 2022 06:23:32 pm
      Is he getting to big for his boots?

greedy agents probably telling him he should be acknowledged in the same manner as other world class players like KDB and Haaland.
      At least he has two opportunities to show the World he is Mo Salah the Egyptian King
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4604: May 13, 2022 07:26:09 pm
      Getting a bit pissed of with Salah what’s wrong with him, if he wants to go then come out with it and be done, but no he seems to be keeping his cards close to his chest, and not letting the club know what’s going on. His form is suffering and is letting us all down.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #4605: May 13, 2022 08:11:54 pm
      Getting a bit pissed of with Salah what’s wrong with him, if he wants to go then come out with it and be done, but no he seems to be keeping his cards close to his chest, and not letting the club know what’s going on. His form is suffering and is letting us all down.

He seems to be more cryptic than anything. He's come out at different points in time with comments like "fans know what i want", or "it's not about the money", but no, we don't know what he wants and if it's not about the money then tell us more instead of only putting half-way things out there that only add to speculation.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #4606: May 13, 2022 09:39:38 pm
      People getting upset about Mo doing it the Liverpool way…😂.

“Keeping cards close to his chest..”…
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #4607: May 13, 2022 11:14:47 pm

Yeah, agreed. He's not been mouthing off in the media about it. (His agent had one moment on Twitter I think, and has been pretty quiet since from what I can tell.) Sort it out behind the scenes one way or the other, certainly while the season is still live.

I suspect he will sign a new deal, but if not so be it. So far he has conducted himself ok over it, at least in public. Be far worse if he was doing some running commentary, telling fans how he feels about it, and basically negotiating in public.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #4608: May 14, 2022 11:11:06 am
      theres now a close contest for the golden boot with Son, speaks volumes about Mos form.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4609: May 14, 2022 01:54:59 pm

Close to your chest and say F**k all while cracking on with business as usual has not been what Mo has been doing.

His first touch (especially with his right) lately has been F***ing awful. Go'head Mo ram it back down our throats with a couple of goals today.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #4610: May 14, 2022 02:39:18 pm
      he has been poor on and off the field maybe with some justification considering what he has endured this season. However I am tired of hearing about him wanting to stay at Anfield and now a 4 year deal of £80mil is on the table which I would think long and hard about at least until after the CL final. Stay or go we will still find a way to be successful we always do I think he has soured his reputation.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #4611: May 14, 2022 05:36:53 pm
      Not good.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #4612: May 14, 2022 10:09:06 pm

He'll be fine for the champs league final.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #4613: May 15, 2022 07:06:48 am
      Told reporters he will be fine for the European cup final.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #4614: May 15, 2022 07:58:02 am
      Would imagine that's his golden boot out the window.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #4615: May 15, 2022 09:32:34 am
      Told reporters he will be fine for the European cup final.

Did he? That's great news, fortunately we've got 2 weeks. Fingers crossed he just felt his groin tighten and was straight off as a precaution.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #4616: May 15, 2022 11:13:00 am
      Would imagine that's his golden boot out the window.

Yep, think he will be fine for Paris but doubt he will play any part in either league game. Certainly won't feature if City win later today.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #4617: May 21, 2022 08:33:17 pm
      With Mappe now staying at PSG and looking like Barca big money move will be Lewandowski looking like Salah options are starting to dwindle with only realistic landing place is Real Madrid atm.

Wonder if Real will make a push for him or maybe be wary considering what happen with Hazard.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #4618: May 22, 2022 11:25:53 pm
      Still don’t feel Mo is at his best, this contract thing has really derailed him. Hope
      He proves me wrong in Paris.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #4619: May 23, 2022 05:07:36 pm
      Still don’t feel Mo is at his best, this contract thing has really derailed him. Hope

I think it mostly fatigue, physical and mental. He's not been 100% since AFCON. He's a superstar in Egypt but failed to win the AFCON for them, then failed to qualify for the world cup. Meeting up with Mane almost every day probably does not help.
      Also, he's played a lot of football in the last 4 years. Hopefully a few weeks holiday will help after the final.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #4620: May 23, 2022 07:24:13 pm
      Just a dry spell. Still a top player but not the next Michael Jordan of football, so stay by your offer LFC. He is not worth absolute top money like Mbappe or KDB a couple of years ago. Actually KDB - 2-3 years younger - and I would just suggest to give him what he wants, period. But Mo? No!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #4621: May 24, 2022 05:31:46 pm

True and the fact that he did not win the Player of the EPL season award says a lot after the first half he has had. He was phenomenal but had a dip in form while others were gaining momentum. If he leaves, I'll be sad but we'll survive. I think we might agree to let him go for free next season like Wijnaldum. I'm ok with that. It gives us another season from him and he gets to go to a club that wants to pay him better money than we do. Yes we get no money, but one more season is still worth something.

We need to find some players to replace him, Diaz and Jota are already competing with Mane and Firmino in a way.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #4622: May 24, 2022 06:03:41 pm
      Mo is an absolute legend and anyone who's ok with selling him on in the Summer needs their head examined.

You keep your world class stars by all means necessary and Mo will be world class for at least 3 more seasons.

Get that new contract sorted.

Quick Reply