Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546391 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #5060: Aug 23, 2022 02:54:54 pm
      Oh another thing, is there something in our Playbook that says Mo can't go out on the left wing and give it a crack?

He never does, games like this and each one is turning out like this, the oppo smother Mo. Why can't we mix it up during the game, Luis and Mo swap sides.

Just try something F***ing different for fucks sake.

Just way too predictable.

All day mate, it seems like and last night was a perfect example, the opposition are in place to counter our next move. It's as if we telegraph our intentions.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5061: Aug 23, 2022 02:55:09 pm
      We do, but for better or worse, we have seen JĂźrgen is very hesitant to change things up. It is rare we have seen anything other than 4-3-3.

Just seeing Salah through the middle I think will cause defenses a different type of headache which could see us getting more chances, because while we could have won the first two games, we still seem to be lacking the ability to have an adundance of clear cut chances.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5062: Aug 23, 2022 03:23:52 pm
      Salah needs to learn how to play for a team not just in a team he has been an imposter since the ANC
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #5063: Aug 24, 2022 01:07:46 am
      Imagine coming on this forum and giving sh*t to the only one that scored last night.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5064: Aug 26, 2022 01:22:51 am
      All day mate, it seems like and last night was a perfect example, the opposition are in place to counter our next move. It's as if we telegraph our intentions.

Spot on mate, everyone knows how we play and set up to negate Mo as much as possible.

Flick him over to the other side mid match, bet you they wouldn't prepare for that to happen.

Just so predictable.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #5065: Aug 26, 2022 12:59:22 pm
      Oh another thing, is there something in our Playbook that says Mo can't go out on the left wing and give it a crack?

He never does, games like this and each one is turning out like this, the oppo smother Mo. Why can't we mix it up during the game, Luis and Mo swap sides.

Just try something f**king different for fucks sake.

Just way too predictable.
      Spot on. This is even more true with the addition of Nunez. I think Mo showed he can produce assists by the ton so on top of asking questions out of the full-backs and whoever is assisting them (wingers and midfielders) in guarding our wingers by simply changing their assignments, I think Mo can whip a nice cross or even shoot left to right and let an oncoming Nunez sweep any of the scraps a goalkeeper might give him. I'm going too deep into scenarios, but the idea is, like you said, try things when the initial plan is visibly not working at all.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5066: Aug 27, 2022 10:08:34 pm
      listened to the match on radio sounded like he had a stinker  however watching the full game he played really well looked sharpe as he ever has done
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5067: Aug 27, 2022 10:27:33 pm
      listened to the match on radio sounded like he had a stinker  however watching the full game he played really well looked sharpe as he ever has done

You would never believe in a million years had you scored 9 goals he wasn’t on the list of scorers  :o
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #5068: Aug 27, 2022 10:43:14 pm
      He picked a decent day to be off in front of goal  :f_tongueincheek:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5069: Aug 28, 2022 07:04:35 am
      2 sitters, and the 2 easiest chances of the day and he didn't put them away. Couldn't beleive it, was willing him to get that 10th even from a penalty.

He'd be more annoyed then anyone else, then walks into the changeroom and hears his competition for the GB scores a 2nd half hatty.

Mo get's 5 against Newcastle!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #5070: Aug 28, 2022 09:31:21 pm
      Left a lot of FPL players unhappy did our Mo, including me haha.

I have no doubt he will get his shooting boots on sooner rather than later, while it annoys some I am happy he can still keep a smile on his face while not being in the best of form.

Obviously, if it starts costing us dearly, my view on the above might change.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5071: Aug 31, 2022 10:44:28 pm
      just dont know what we are supposed to expect from Mo now since he got into contract discussions things have gone pear shaped
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #5072: Aug 31, 2022 10:48:30 pm
      just dont know what we are supposed to expect from Mo now since he got into contract discussions things have gone pear shaped

Ever since he came back from the Afcon.
      I wonder if he was mentally affected by Egypt's loss, or if it's just fatigue. Probably a bit of both...
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #5073: Aug 31, 2022 10:48:50 pm

Two assists not too bad if he your captain on FPL like he is mine ;D

Seriously though, I am not sure we will see much difference in his play without him going through the middle, out on the right defenders are able to mark him a lot easier than previous seasons, unless we get a lucky break or are on a counter I just don't see him getting the space he needs to score.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5074: Sep 03, 2022 03:18:45 pm
      Can we rewind time and stop him from going to that AFCON… I want the old Mo back  :f_wah:
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #5075: Sep 03, 2022 03:26:16 pm
      Hes just popping up this season. Nearly nicked it for us at the end, could have provides an assist for Bobby.

Is this the new Mo? Out the game but could provide decisive moments in games.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5076: Sep 03, 2022 03:27:59 pm
      Not sure what the tactics are with Mo he is rarely seen in the box these days.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #5077: Sep 03, 2022 03:33:26 pm

Fixed it for you.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #5078: Sep 03, 2022 04:01:48 pm
      Hes just popping up this season. Nearly nicked it for us at the end, could have provides an assist for Bobby.

Is this the new Mo? Out the game but could provide decisive moments in games.
      I don't think so. I've watched the 5 games so far, his touches and dribbles as well as his finishing are all a bit off. However, I also noticed that about 80% of the runs he makes are either not recognized by the player with the ball, recognized a bit too late or the pass simply doesn't find him. He is also playing closer to the line which I have to say I'm not sure I understand the reasons that lead to this tactical approach. It could be that he is trying to affect the game by receiving it wide and playmaking from the right, but if this is it then its not working out a lot. While he is capable of pulling incredible sequences where he dribbles everybody, he's simply not a winger who likes to carry the ball from out wide and into the box or the edge of it. His main weapon is his runs and quality on the ball once he's inside the box or at the very edge of it and so far, we've not been a very tidy team when in possession of the ball. Apart from Trent's crosses and the ''one twos'' between Diaz and the left-back, we have next to no creativity coming from any other area of the pitch (especially the middle). 

At the moment its way to easy to shut us off from creating anything down the middle. This might change once Nunez puts a few of those crosses into the back of the net and teams become concerned with stopping us from crossing, but right now it seems like every opponent we have faced (disregard Bournemouth) is very content with tilting their midfield and defensive line towards the left, leave space for our LB and LW to run into and focus on crowding Salah, Elliott and Trent.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #5079: Sep 03, 2022 06:05:34 pm
      His positioning made no sense to me today, at times he was very very wide and at others, he was right behind Nunez.

Another poster eluded to it but maybe this wide approach is to help utilise Nunez more and lead to crosses in the box, but we always had Trent whipping them in without Salah needing to be so wide so not sure.

Unlucky not to have got a goal at the end or get an assist with Bobby but it seems the type of position he is playing now isn't helping his form.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #5080: Sep 03, 2022 06:06:45 pm
      He is just struggling to find form - it happens

The same people getting on his back about his wage where prob the same demanding that the club “pay whatever it takes” and would have gone ballistic if he was sold
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5081: Sep 03, 2022 06:08:55 pm
      The lad lost his mojo, nothing more, nothing less. You lot read to much into it sometimes.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5082: Sep 03, 2022 06:26:08 pm
      The lad lost his mojo, nothing more, nothing less. You lot read to much into it sometimes.

he left it on the plane coming home from the Afcon and that was a long time ago a time when we thought we would falter without him but we didnt we did well maybe a few games on the Bench will ground him

Quick Reply