Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546482 times
      Crunchycrisps
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts | 85 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #5106: Sep 07, 2022 12:25:09 pm
      Lets read a wall of text or think without Salah in the team would we have won some of these games and my answer is most probably yes. He's a waste of space, strange for me to say that seen as all the records he's broken etc, Mane made him and he probably didn't like sadio, 2 assists now a provider or any of that, such a selfish player I've yet to see. Ronaldo greasy version maybe he's a Mo idol no doubt. I worried about this once Klopp made him a player and his team mates always give him the ball,
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #5107: Sep 07, 2022 12:40:48 pm
      Lets read a wall of text or think without Salah in the team would we have won some of these games and my answer is most probably yes. He's a waste of space, strange for me to say that seen as all the records he's broken etc, Mane made him and he probably didn't like sadio, 2 assists now a provider or any of that, such a selfish player I've yet to see. Ronaldo greasy version maybe he's a Mo idol no doubt. I worried about this once Klopp made him a player and his team mates always give him the ball,
      Keep taking the meds
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #5108: Sep 07, 2022 01:48:07 pm
      oh boy
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #5109: Sep 07, 2022 03:20:46 pm
      Oh well on the plus side, at least he doesn’t need to contort his body to make a pass.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #5110: Sep 07, 2022 03:22:45 pm

😂😂
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #5111: Sep 07, 2022 03:38:49 pm

Is everything ok at home???
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #5112: Sep 07, 2022 03:54:32 pm
      I'll be honest I can deal out a bit of criticism at Mo if I feel he is underperforming for the team. But to call him a waste of space suggest's you may have given Nurse Ratched the slip!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #5113: Sep 07, 2022 04:18:27 pm
      Look forward to when Mo starts banging in a few goals, to answer his critics !
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #5114: Sep 07, 2022 04:44:47 pm

You're starting to sound like a WUM mate. What kind of Liverpool supporter would say this?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5115: Sep 07, 2022 11:27:42 pm

Mane made him? But yet Salah got more assists for Mane than Mane did for Salah.

I don’t know what the obsession is some people have in trying to create some sort of narrative regarding Mane. Whether it’s the way the team performs, how Salah performs and whatever else. Bigger and better players than Mane have left and we moved on just fine.
      People forget that the way we are performing now and the way Mo is too, goes back to the end of last season when Mane was in the team still.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5116: Sep 07, 2022 11:30:19 pm
      Mane made him? But yet Salah got more assists for Mane than Mane did for Salah.

I don’t know what the obsession is some people have in trying to create some sort of narrative regarding Mane. Whether it’s the way the team performs, how Salah performs and whatever else. Bigger and better players than Mane have left and we moved on just fine.
      People forget that the way we are performing now and the way Mo is too, goes back to the end of last season when Mane was in the team still.

Don't give the tool the attention he is craving
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5117: Sep 08, 2022 02:15:55 am

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. Good day sir.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #5118: Sep 08, 2022 06:19:07 am
      It was so un-Mo-esque to have missed that cross from Trent when he was not marked at all and might have had a clear chance at goal.

It might make sense to give him some rest. He may be mentally tired. Anyone would be if you miss out on the league (again) by a point, lose a CL final (again) to Madrid, lose the Afcon final and miss out on world Cup qualification by losing (again) to the same team.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5119: Sep 09, 2022 04:12:30 am

What the F**k am I actually reading?

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5120: Sep 09, 2022 10:30:14 am
      We need to get him more central because he’s being completely wasted literally hugging the touchline… he might be creating chances from out there but no good when nobody can finish them… he’s been playing more like a full on RW than the RF we’ve been used too. Maybe because the full backs haven’t been provided in that width like they used too, he feels he needs to provide it.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5121: Sep 09, 2022 12:34:04 pm

It's crazy season I see, happy I took a couple of days off.

This is absolute nonsense, Salah while not being at his best is still creating chances for himself and his teammates, he is still showing his class every now and then, it is just he set the bar so high we expect so much more from him.

To call him a waste of space is absolute nonsense, if he didn't start most of the games we would have likely had an even worse start to the season. Mane had his ups and downs while with us form wise too, let's not pretend Mane was a world beater week in and week out, what we miss is his presence through the middle which could potentially be replicated via Salah but we are stuck in our ways at the minute trying to make it work again for him out on the right.

He will be banging in the goals again in no time, and if he isn't and contributing with assists then so be it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5122: Sep 14, 2022 11:28:32 am
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #5123: Sep 14, 2022 04:14:57 pm

Went straight back up the other end with a run and nearly could have been played in for a goal.

Something that doesn't get brought up enough is his willingness to track back.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #5124: Sep 23, 2022 08:01:45 pm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      Reply #5125: Sep 23, 2022 08:06:24 pm

Not Salah being a threat going through the middle.

I hope we see it at one point this season just to see if it can make a difference or not.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #5126: Sep 23, 2022 08:45:29 pm
      Just notched a pen as well
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5127: Sep 24, 2022 10:59:41 am
      We should defo let him and Diaz switch wings during games. And even thru middle on occasions.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5128: Sep 25, 2022 11:09:09 pm
      Apparently being rested by Egypt and sent back to Liverpool early. Sound.

Quick Reply