Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546462 times
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #5244: Oct 17, 2022 01:21:49 pm
      What the f**king hell is that!!

Have a f**king day off.

hook, line and F***ing sinker haha
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5245: Oct 17, 2022 01:47:57 pm

hook, line and F***ing sinker haha

Yeah whatever you boring F***ing bellend, how about just enjoying the win and swerving the sectarian sh*te, we're done with those Glasgow shitbags now.

F***ing braindead some cu*ts, especially after City's chants yesterday!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #5246: Oct 17, 2022 02:05:32 pm
      Eh? The lad has been poor for months. He was benched, and has since turned in a few performances. That's exactly what we were calling for.

To make it clear the comment was about no one on here
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #5247: Oct 17, 2022 02:06:27 pm
      Here we go, captain hindsight combing the threads to add his usual ‘told you so’ comments.

Haven’t a clue what people have posted on here about him
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5248: Oct 17, 2022 06:03:10 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5249: Oct 19, 2022 09:58:47 pm
      ok so MBappe's uncle says Liverpool is the best possible destination for him so would you do a deal for MBappe with Mo going the other way??
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #5250: Oct 20, 2022 10:38:10 pm
      ok so MBappe's uncle says Liverpool is the best possible destination for him so would you do a deal for MBappe with Mo going the other way??

Evidently he’s a complete pre Madonna which is a shame given his ridiculous talent. Even if it were realistic I don’t believe the club would ever pay his wages
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5251: Oct 21, 2022 12:55:13 am
      I stiill can't get over that rat Bernardo pulling down Mo, like Ramos did, that c**t ...the Ref a meter away and Mo gets nothing!!!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #5252: Oct 21, 2022 03:15:26 am
      I stiill can't get over that rat Bernardo pulling down Mo, like Ramos did, that c**t ...the Ref a meter away and Mo gets nothing!!!
      I saw some stats about the number of fouls he gets awarded and its mind boggling for a player as dangerous and as tightly guarded as him each game. He's not even close to getting awarded a similar number to those awarded to the likes of Sterling, Kane and co. It's almost as if there is an unspoken rule to not give the fouls when its him being brought down. You get the feeling he stopped going down even when being very harshly fouled starting last season or the one before (probably got fed up of the circus the media makes every time he gets a penalty) and now tries to play through whatever foul is being played on him and still doesn't get awarder anything.

That was a WWE move Bernardo was doing. If its not a straight red, its certainly a yellow, yet he gets nothing at all.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5253: Oct 21, 2022 06:50:04 am
      I saw some stats about the number of fouls he gets awarded and its mind boggling for a player as dangerous and as tightly guarded as him each game. He's not even close to getting awarded a similar number to those awarded to the likes of Sterling, Kane and co. It's almost as if there is an unspoken rule to not give the fouls when its him being brought down. You get the feeling he stopped going down even when being very harshly fouled starting last season or the one before (probably got fed up of the circus the media makes every time he gets a penalty) and now tries to play through whatever foul is being played on him and still doesn't get awarder anything.

That was a WWE move Bernardo was doing. If its not a straight red, its certainly a yellow, yet he gets nothing at all.

Exactly mate, first the challenge should have been a yellow, then the c**t did a back kick and a back elbow that was just caught on the cameras, but not highlighted by anyone - now that's a fkn Red and a 10 game ban!!!
      RiderJake
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #5254: Oct 21, 2022 07:29:46 am

Refereeing in matches leaves a lot to be desired, I agree. If a player does not fall down and does not resent, then allegedly there is no reason for the card - so it turns out. But the fact of violation is still a fact.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #5255: Oct 21, 2022 08:27:53 am
      Yeah whatever you boring f**king bellend, how about just enjoying the win and swerving the sectarian sh*te, we're done with those Glasgow shitbags now.

F***ing braindead some cu*ts, especially after City's chants yesterday!!

its irony but its straight over your head, you F***ing arsehole
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #5256: Oct 21, 2022 01:17:33 pm
      Refereeing in matches leaves a lot to be desired, I agree. If a player does not fall down and does not resent, then allegedly there is no reason for the card - so it turns out. But the fact of violation is still a fact.
      Also the lad must be fed up. He falls in the box after being truly fouled and there's a circus in the media until the next game about ''is he a diver?'' with actual pundits all taking turns to call him a diver, disgrace, etc. Kane, Sterling an co actually dive game-in and game-out and what do we get from the same media and the same pundits? Either nothing at all is said or we get to hear the hypocrite stuff:  ''Smart players'', ''That's unfortunately the game in 2022, they're doing their jobs'',  and ''The defender shouldn't give them the chance to fall'' speeches with a straight face. So I understand the lad maybe getting fed up and deciding to just run through illegal challenges in the hope that they will be seen, but even that seems to be not working.

Here's a graph that show the minutes per foul awarded to Salah in comparison to other attacking players. They had to go beyond the 90 minutes of a game to put him on the graph (only player on the graph to require so) because that's how ridiculous it is. This graph is for the 19/20 season, but its the same pattern for the one after it and the next:

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5257: Oct 21, 2022 03:11:16 pm
      Also the lad must be fed up. He falls in the box after being truly fouled and there's a circus in the media until the next game about ''is he a diver?'' with actual pundits all taking turns to call him a diver, disgrace, etc. Kane, Sterling an co actually dive game-in and game-out and what do we get from the same media and the same pundits? Either nothing at all is said or we get to hear the hypocrite stuff:  ''Smart players'', ''That's unfortunately the game in 2022, they're doing their jobs'',  and ''The defender shouldn't give them the chance to fall'' speeches with a straight face. So I understand the lad maybe getting fed up and deciding to just run through illegal challenges in the hope that they will be seen, but even that seems to be not working.

Here's a graph that show the minutes per foul awarded to Salah in comparison to other attacking players. They had to go beyond the 90 minutes of a game to put him on the graph (only player on the graph to require so) because that's how ridiculous it is. This graph is for the 19/20 season, but its the same pattern for the one after it and the next:

thats nuts
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #5258: Oct 21, 2022 05:06:23 pm
      There are dirty sly fuckers like Silva at all levels of the game. When I witnessed it, I just used to smash a tackle into them so F***ing hard, they'd usually have to go off. I put every ounce of power I could muster into those tackles. when they were writhing on the floor, I would lean over them and say, If you cant take it mate, don't try and dish it out.  Never got booked, and never got sent off. Played till I was 37 going on 38.
      That was my thing, Tackling.  :angel:
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #5259: Oct 21, 2022 10:57:08 pm

That's mental. But makes sense when you think about how few fouls Salah gets. The one the other day that got Jürgen sent off being a case in point. He was indeed branded a diver, despite being a pretty honest player, while somebody like Harry Kane gets a free pass on fouls both for and against.

If those kind of stats are still the case (and, subjectively, it feels like they are) maybe Jürgen should make more of it, cos it will be hurting us. I'd like to see Mane's stats for the last couple of years as well, cos it seemed like refs just would not give him a foul under any circumstances. His stats might not even be on the page.
      « Last Edit: Oct 21, 2022 11:05:50 pm by sore monad »
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #5260: Oct 22, 2022 06:21:05 am
      That's mental. But makes sense when you think about how few fouls Salah gets. The one the other day that got Jürgen sent off being a case in point. He was indeed branded a diver, despite being a pretty honest player, while somebody like Harry Kane gets a free pass on fouls both for and against.

If those kind of stats are still the case (and, subjectively, it feels like they are) maybe Jürgen should make more of it, cos it will be hurting us. I'd like to see Mane's stats for the last couple of years as well, cos it seemed like refs just would not give him a foul under any circumstances. His stats might not even be on the page.
      Pearce and a few other reporters seem to have taken interest in those stats too it seems. Those first started to make the rounds around twitter after the City game. Certainly seems to be the same pattern for this season too. Good question about Mane. I'd be very curious to see the stats.

Pearce (on twitter):

"Mohamed Salah has been awarded just six free-kicks in 879 minutes of PL action so far this season - one every 147 minutes. Some 130 players have been fouled more often. It's been a similar story in recent years.
      The numbers just don't add up......."

"Most fouled players in the PL so far this season: Maddison (33) followed by Jesus (31), Zaha (31), Aaronson (26) and Eze (26).
      Salah has had more touches in the opposition box (92) than any player other than Jesus (93)."

I mean, I'm at a loss of words.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #5261: Oct 27, 2022 06:27:23 pm
      I really like his relationship with Harvey. On the pitch, Mo seems to have taken kind of a mentor role with the young lad...
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #5262: Oct 27, 2022 07:20:04 pm
      Mo seems to be re catching his old form long may continue
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #5263: Nov 04, 2022 06:00:18 pm
      Just read a stat that said he has 42 goals and 14 assists against the  ''Big six'' opposition. Just insane.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #5264: Nov 05, 2022 01:21:20 pm
      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No player in Premier league history has a higher G/A per game rate against the Top 6 than Mohamed Salah (0.73) <a href="https://t.co/l8vL4wqzbe">pic.twitter.com/l8vL4wqzbe</a></p>&mdash; Salah Central (@SalahCentral) <a href="https://twitter.com/SalahCentral/status/1588583551339233281?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 4, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #5265: Nov 06, 2022 06:32:35 pm
      Another two goals in a big game.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5266: Nov 06, 2022 06:32:55 pm
      Starting to show some form and why he is worth the big bucks.

Keep it up Mo!

Quick Reply