Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 559867 times
      Gill95, andylfcynwa and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,633 posts | 128 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #5313: Jan 22, 2023 08:31:10 pm
      He never came back the same player from the AFRICON. Shouldn’t have given him the big new contract.

Team may play sh*t but that is why you pay big money to your top players, because they turn up and and make something happen…. Mo is gone and with age coming in now his days are numbered I might fear…

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #5314: Jan 29, 2023 03:50:35 pm
      Must be the beard weighing him down seems so slow.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #5315: Jan 29, 2023 03:52:43 pm
      Has he got it on his contract he can't take anyone on anymore?

As bad as the usual suspects are ... klopps senior players are doing nothing .... I'd have left Elliott on inside right and hooked salah.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #5316: Jan 29, 2023 09:20:27 pm
      Has he got it on his contract he can't take anyone on anymore?

As bad as the usual suspects are ... klopps senior players are doing nothing .... I'd have left Elliott on inside right and hooked salah.

Today I'd have done the same.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5317: Jan 30, 2023 04:39:58 am
      Can anyone confirm this or not?

I can't remember a Month of the Season, since Mo came to Liverpool, where he hasn't scored a single goal, let alone had a single shot on target.

I think he just achieved that in January.

His shot that he inexplicably shot wide, yesterday, was the first time I remember him even getting into the box all January.

Bring on February!!!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #5318: Feb 04, 2023 05:36:12 pm
      Contractitis can be a right bugger!
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #5319: Feb 04, 2023 05:39:31 pm
      Going through the motions. Doesn't want to run let alone shoot. Looks totally disinterested.

How much could we get for him?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #5320: Feb 04, 2023 05:41:13 pm
      Mo was an amazing player for us let's not forget.

I expect he will go in the Summer for big money. Can see PSG or Barca signing him.

Hope we use the transfer money wisely on his replacement.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #5321: Feb 04, 2023 05:42:25 pm
      Mo was an amazing player for us let's not forget.

I expect he will go in the Summer for big money. Can see PSG or Barca signing him.

Hope we use the transfer money wisely on his replacement.

Not sure a club will pay big money for him at his age now - the contract tied him to the club for the rest of his career
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,772 posts | 390 
      Reply #5322: Feb 04, 2023 06:39:10 pm
      Aye the big money move has gone. Basically he has a value of 30m maximum.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #5323: Feb 04, 2023 06:42:57 pm
      Not sure a club will pay big money for him at his age now - the contract tied him to the club for the rest of his career

He's only 30 mate of course he'll fetch big money. Contract means nothing if he wants to go and we want to sell it will get done.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #5324: Feb 04, 2023 06:43:56 pm

He's only 30 we would get 60m minimum from a big club.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #5325: Feb 04, 2023 06:44:28 pm
      He's only 30 mate of course he'll fetch big money. Contract means nothing if he wants to go and we want to sell it will get done.

They won’t pay big money for a 30 year old anymore. And the clubs won’t be looking to match the level of wages we give him

By signing the contract we knew he was going to be finishing his career with us
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #5326: Feb 04, 2023 09:23:14 pm
      He could get out if this slump or it's a decision in the summer the club could end of regretting.

Hard to tell to be honest but you can't write him off.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #5327: Feb 05, 2023 05:24:25 am

Not what the contract will say, but ok!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,287 posts | 2805 
      Reply #5328: Feb 05, 2023 08:20:51 am
      Feels a bit like Aubameyang at Arsenal after he signed that big contract and downed tools.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,772 posts | 390 
      Reply #5329: Feb 05, 2023 08:21:25 am
      Not what the contract will say, but ok!!

Maybe not the one he has with us but what price would you put on a 30 year old scoring 1 in 3 who wants 300k a week in wages? If you were looking to sell?

No I think Lallana actually is right on this one. He's not a realistic candidate to raise funds after the new contract which basically tied him down to the club for his career.

I'd say Trent and Alisson would be the ones Fenway look towards if they want to raise some transfer money
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #5330: Feb 05, 2023 12:57:52 pm
      Maybe not the one he has with us but what price would you put on a 30 year old scoring 1 in 3 who wants 300k a week in wages? If you were looking to sell?

No I think Lallana actually is right on this one. He's not a realistic candidate to raise funds after the new contract which basically tied him down to the club for his career.

I'd say Trent and Alisson would be the ones Fenway look towards if they want to raise some transfer money

Whatever PSG were wiling to pay.

Then selling Alisson would make them the undoubtedly the stupidest cu*ts going. Can't sell Trent as we don't have enough English players to fill that quota.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #5331: Feb 05, 2023 01:53:29 pm
      Salah has nobody feeding him the ball and helping him up top the same

He’s had to change his way of play and is playing with sub par players

He’s won the golden boot three times, show some respect to the man and watch what he actually does

For example, he is in the top 10 for creating big chances for his team mates

Per 90 mins, he creates a big chance every 38 mins, is it his fault his team mates are missing ? He’s passing a lot
      More this year as his position has changed

The second highest is Trent at around 30 per 90 I believe

Had his team mates buried half the chances salah creates, he would be top in assist for the premier league

He is not messi, he needs support like other players to make it work, our issue intensity and the other two positions

Notice gapko and Nunez being worse yet it salah who gets the brunt, he always does, I wonder why

The problem is the other positions have turned to rubbish since Diaz and jote got injuries, if jota got the chances salah made for other players, we would be in a better position as he would have scored more than we others have done 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5332: Feb 05, 2023 01:57:51 pm

He’s won the golden boot three times, show some respect to the man and watch what he actually does

Per 90 mins, he creates a big chance every 38 mins, is it his fault his team mates are missing ? He’s passing a lot

Had his team mates buried half the chances salah creates, he would be top in assist for the premier league

He is not messi, he needs support like other players to make it work, our issue intensity and the other two positions

Notice gapko and Nunez being worse yet it salah who gets the brunt, he always does, I wonder why

The problem is the other positions have turned to rubbish since Diaz and jote got injuries, if jota got the chances salah made for other players, we would be in a better position as he would have scored more than we others have done 

Sorry but Salah has been just as much of a problem as anyone else. People go on about the chances Nunez has missed but Salah has been every bit as bad. Salah can’t even beat his man anymore, the only time he looks arsed is when he’s appealing for a penalty.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 730 
      Reply #5333: Feb 05, 2023 02:04:08 pm

.......wonder why?....Perhaps to justify his wages. Secondly, Jota hasn't scored since The Queen was on the throne.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #5334: Feb 05, 2023 02:13:33 pm
      Sorry but Salah has been just as much of a problem as anyone else. People go on about the chances Nunez has missed but Salah has been every bit as bad. Salah can’t even beat his man anymore, the only time he looks arsed is when he’s appealing for a penalty.

Have you looked at the actual numbers ?

Haaland has missed more chances than salah

Toney the same amount

Wilson just lower

The difference ? Those strikers have had more chances given to them hence scoring more

Guess what, salah creates more chances than all of those three btw

Once again salah made to be a scapegoat by the fan base for other players not performing.

Remember when we used to win games by a goal, the key was clean sheets and then creating a lot of chances. We are not doing that

Well salah is creating a lot but nobody is taking them and we are conceding, that is the problem

If salah is out of the team, we become worse. With the way he has been treated, the club do not deserve him. Reminds me of mane being under appreciated and you only realise what they do when they are gone
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 203 
      Reply #5335: Feb 05, 2023 02:17:00 pm
      .......wonder why?....Perhaps to justify his wages. Secondly, Jota hasn't scored since The Queen was on the throne.

The majority of the Man City team are on higher wages

What does he need to do to justify his wages ? Miss less chances than the top scorer of the league ? create a bucket load of chances for his team mates ?

Check on both points

Remember when salah was called greedy by you same people who now want him to score more ? Make up your mind

He’s creating a chance every 38 minutes for his team mates, he can’t be in two places at once

Look at the players missing those chances

Fix the root cause of the problem, not the player who has sacrificed his position for the manager and is now being more of a creative player for the other players who are missing the chances

And in all those, salah isn’t getting much created for him

If he tries to take everyone on and shoot, he gets called greedy and if he creates chances for his team mates, he’s called overpaid and should be sold

Ridiculous

Quick Reply