Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 546347 times
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #5428: Feb 19, 2023 12:10:02 am
      Played a good game today. You can see his runs are finally being read and there is actual space for him to run in. Helped a lot defensively and was involved a lot in most of what we did offensively. Sublime first touch pass for Gakpo's goal. Still not clicking 100% for him, but it will come sooner rather than later.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5429: Feb 20, 2023 10:38:24 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5430: Feb 20, 2023 12:34:22 pm

think we were all worried about Mo not banging in 30 plus goals a s season but Saturday's game showed just how well he is adapting and is even more influential he was just sublime.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #5431: Feb 21, 2023 10:23:06 pm
      Just here for a preemptive strike in order to make it clear that he is the root of all our problems and that we wouldn't have lost 5-2 if he had not been given another contract this summer. F**k the fact that he immediately looked to be back to good form as soon as the team as a whole, him included, picked up the pace in the past few games. Also F**k the fact he's been pretty much closely involved in every goal we scored in that little 2 or 3 games spell, he's the root of our problems.

I would also like to remind you that we leave logic at the door of this thread. He's paid 350k a week for god's sake. For that type of money you have to score 6 if we are losing 5, 7 if we are losing 6 and so on. I mean jesus, for that type of money my grandma would at score at least a hat-trick per game. Also where was he to correct our defensive mistakes? What a bum, he cashed the cheque and is now coasting. Sell him and get that lad from Brighton, he'll score more than Mo, that bum!

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #5432: Feb 22, 2023 01:02:34 am
      Salah was brilliant in the first half today. We were getting the ball forward quickly and he was thriving on it, taking their defenders on and causing chaos. In the second half we just completely changed our tactics, playing this slow build up. He faded right out of the game and we went from looking like we could score every 5 minutes to looking like we couldnt score in a month of Sundays.

Dont know if it was a deliberate tactical change, or a loss of belief from the players after their 3rd goal, or that we ran out of steam physically and felt like we had to slow down the play. If it was the first 2, then there are big lessons to be learned from that game about future tactics and mentality. If it was the 3rd, which is looking fairly likely, eg with Henderson having to go off yet again after 70 mins, then theres not a lot we can do about it til we get to the summer window.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #5433: Feb 22, 2023 03:28:33 am
      Great effort for the poached goal. He seems to be a different player though.  I feel like he isn’t quite as feared these days. Can’t put my finger on it. Probably just general spillover from all of our other problems.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5434: Feb 22, 2023 04:09:24 am
      Great effort for the poached goal. He seems to be a different player though.  I feel like he isn’t quite as feared these days. Can’t put my finger on it. Probably just general spillover from all of our other problems.

Yep, had the feeling that at the start of last season he would have scored after that mazy run instead of a really tame finish.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #5435: Feb 22, 2023 07:06:17 am
      Was our best player yesterday and has been our best attacking player in the last 3 games easily

Problem is the dross around him, he did his part yesterday and was carrying the attack imo in terms of threat

As soon as Madrid pressed our defence and midfield and closes the spaces so he couldn’t get the ball up top, we became toothless bad the odd times he got through
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #5436: Feb 22, 2023 05:20:04 pm
      It's not a coincidence that he shines every time we can get the ball to him into space and fades when we revert back to not being able to get the ball out of our own half without resorting to punting it forward to an isolated frontline.

Give him service he'll give you goals. Isolate him and give the opposition the opportunity to gang up on him and you'll get what you saw in the second half. As simple as that.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #5437: Feb 26, 2023 12:05:10 am
      Are there any more "Great" performances in him? ...I'm not convinced
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #5438: Feb 26, 2023 11:16:40 am
      As if he preserving himself for his new club, I really thinking like that.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #5439: Feb 27, 2023 08:45:35 am
      If he ain't scoring he ain't doing much for the team.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5440: Feb 27, 2023 09:23:30 am
      Unlucky hitting the post the other night, would have been a brilliant winner.

His numbers are still pretty good, considering how sh*te the team has been.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #5441: Feb 27, 2023 01:22:30 pm
      Unlucky hitting the post the other night, would have been a brilliant winner.

His numbers are still pretty good, considering how sh*te the team has been.

His numbers are good but I don’t know that they justify his big contract at this point. Thats always the tricky part. Give them an improved contract and hope they continue to be the same player (or better). Right now I don’t feel like teams are quite as in awe of him as they used to be. He doesn’t quite have that top tier player feel about him. Could just be everything else around him is sh*t so he seems to be lagging as well. Who knows. He doesn’t seem to press as hard or track back as much anymore.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #5442: Feb 27, 2023 01:48:36 pm
      Salahs drop in output is not down to lack of effort etc since signing the new contract and it’s lazy to even suggest that
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #5443: Feb 27, 2023 01:57:26 pm
      Salahs drop in output is not down to lack of effort etc since signing the new contract and it’s lazy to even suggest that
      Who said it was?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5444: Feb 27, 2023 04:10:01 pm
      His numbers are good but I don’t know that they justify his big contract at this point. Thats always the tricky part. Give them an improved contract and hope they continue to be the same player (or better). Right now I don’t feel like teams are quite as in awe of him as they used to be. He doesn’t quite have that top tier player feel about him. Could just be everything else around him is sh*t so he seems to be lagging as well. Who knows. He doesn’t seem to press as hard or track back as much anymore.

Defo, down to the whole team being sh*te most of the time this season, getting used to new players etc.

Can tell he really likes playing with nunez.

Im confident we will see a better Salah when the whole team improves.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #5445: Feb 27, 2023 05:01:15 pm
      Defo, down to the whole team being sh*te most of the time this season, getting used to new players etc.

Can tell he really likes playing with nunez.

Im confident we will see a better Salah when the whole team improves.

Second half of last season when we were marching towards a quadruple he still was struggling. His “i want revenge on Real” only to lay an egg in the final was just so poor.

He’s done well this year in the CL, but his league numbers are horrible for his standards and wages.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5446: Feb 28, 2023 08:14:40 am
      Second half of last season when we were marching towards a quadruple he still was struggling. His “i want revenge on Real” only to lay an egg in the final was just so poor.

He’s done well this year in the CL, but his league numbers are horrible for his standards and wages.

agree about the madrid thing, it got a bit weird.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5447: Mar 02, 2023 01:24:59 am
      20 goals.

9 assists.

Top scorer in Champion's League.

In 35 games.

At least 15 games to go.

All his fault?

Some of you should be ashamed.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #5448: Mar 02, 2023 08:04:44 am
      Another 20 goal season, that's 6 in a row which is just ridiculous.

Especially considering we don't get penalties anymore.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5449: Mar 02, 2023 10:02:17 am
      20 goals.

9 assists.

Top scorer in Champion's League.

In 35 games.

At least 15 games to go.

All his fault?

Some of you should be ashamed.

I love Salah and it was never his fault but he never performs 6.5/10; either a 9/10 or below average.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #5450: Mar 02, 2023 02:02:38 pm
      League goals per season:

8 (prorates to less than 15)

Don't know who's ever said it's "all his fault", but he going from golden boot winner/contender to outside of the top 10 in scoring is one of the reasons we're chasing top 4 at this moment.

Quick Reply