Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 591553 times
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 762 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #6532: May 20, 2024 09:39:11 pm
      Some of youse lot are really miserable.  :lmao:

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6533: May 20, 2024 09:43:29 pm

I’d be quite excited to see Salah up front and Kudus on the right
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2871 
      Reply #6534: May 20, 2024 09:46:06 pm
      There's a lot of upheaval this summer. New head coach, backroom staff turnover, few senior players leaving and of course incomings too.

It's probably quite important we hold on to the likes of Salah, Van Dijk and Alisson to guide us through these times.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 452 
      Reply #6535: May 20, 2024 10:04:23 pm
      I think he's staying
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,251 posts | 1226 
      Reply #6536: May 20, 2024 10:04:41 pm
      Absolutely love Mo and it's great that he feels that way ahead of next season. I hope the new manager coming in gives him a new lease of life as he guarantees goals and he could yet be helped by signing a new player up top
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #6537: May 20, 2024 10:04:49 pm
      I think it’s time to put him up front and play someone else on the right

He's certainly scored his goals from that position. On the right he hardly did anything all season.

Can anyone remember when he last beat a man?

Kudus as you suggest would be a superb buy.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #6538: May 20, 2024 10:34:30 pm
      I’d be quite excited to see Salah up front and Kudus on the right

I don’t expect the club to be paying the level of money needed to get Kudus

Suspect it will be someone from abroad if we do get a forward
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #6539: May 20, 2024 11:03:18 pm

I don’t expect the club to be paying the level of money needed to get Kudus

Suspect it will be someone from abroad if we do get a forward

A season too late to Kudus I fear
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,289 posts | 2766 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6540: May 21, 2024 07:39:02 am
      If what we now read is true and he’s staying it’s a testament to his loyalty to you the  fans and the club. He’s a legend anyway stay or go. I think you may of missed a trick though. With him being the best Muslim footballer in world football we all know the Oily’s desperate to buy him and understandably so.

I’m a seller purely based on his age and knowing you could get more money for him than what he’s worth. Is the latest news just a ploy to get more money out of the Oily’s?? Fcuked if I know but that 100/150 million can buy you some seriously young replacements.

Last word on Salah if everything we hear is true? His loyalty stands head and shoulders above any Liverpool player that i have known. You may get two statues in the coming months/years.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6541: May 21, 2024 08:03:44 am
      I think all the senior lads will stay, minimum 1 more season.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 452 
      Reply #6542: May 21, 2024 08:21:34 am
      If what we now read is true and he’s staying it’s a testament to his loyalty to you the  fans and the club. He’s a legend anyway stay or go. I think you may of missed a trick though. With him being the best Muslim footballer in world football we all know the Oily’s desperate to buy him and understandably so.

I’m a seller purely based on his age and knowing you could get more money for him than what he’s worth. Is the latest news just a ploy to get more money out of the Oily’s?? Fcuked if I know but that 100/150 million can buy you some seriously young replacements.

Last word on Salah if everything we hear is true? His loyalty stands head and shoulders above any Liverpool player that i have known. You may get two statues in the coming months/years.

Yeah Mo doesn't get enough respect for staying with the club through highs and lows.

Hes been one of the best players in the world since the first game of his first season all the way up until today.

It's not always been rosy. A few times we have struggled. Finishing 4th by the skin of Allison's teeth and last year finishing out of the CL places.

Saudi money has shown its interest and at certain points you can guarantee the absolute top clubs in Europe were circling.

Yet he's still here and still fighting to win trophies. Him and VVD have been top class for many years for this club and never looked to get a quick fix elsewhere.

In my life time there has been many a false idol. Owen Torres Suarez all left ship when given the chance.

Mo is the idol.

Would love him to sign a 2 year extension to give both parties wriggle room.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #6543: May 21, 2024 08:39:33 am
      He will be 32 next month so can’t see more than a 1 year extension.

He’s not as good as he used to be, he’s lost that yard of pace which used to scare full backs but he is still our best forward with the numbers to back it up.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,064 posts | 547 
      Reply #6544: May 21, 2024 09:57:52 am
      I think it’s time to put him up front and play someone else on the right

Yep. I would like Olise on the right and Mo playing as a false 9. His game is going in that direction anyway. Would give us a proven goal scorer through the middle (so not just relying on Jota), while giving us a chance to embed a long term replacement for Salah while Mo himself is still here.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #6545: May 21, 2024 10:34:37 am
      Seems to be a lot of people talking about wide players or forwards arriving

We currently have 5 in the first team

Mo
      Diaz
      Nunez
      Jota
      Gakpo

Then you add in the likes of Doak , Danns and other young lads

I can’t see any forward arriving unless one of those 5 leaves

The-AllMightyReds
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,147 posts | 224 
      • In Klopp I trust
      Reply #6546: May 21, 2024 10:53:27 am

Not seen anything out of the ordinary, shouts for him to be played as the #9 (wild take), blatantly clear observations that he's been woeful since Christmas and some not minding if he were moved on.

We've played some of our best football this season while he was away including our best display of the season against Chelsea in the league......before beating them to win our only trophy of the season (also without him).

His goals and assists may be fantastic but they only really tell half the story, the number of times he blunders.....the number of times attacks go to die when he's on the ball.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #6547: May 21, 2024 10:59:07 am
      Not seen anything out of the ordinary, shouts for him to be played as the #9 (wild take), blatantly clear observations that he's been woeful since Christmas and some not minding if he were moved on.

We've played some of our best football this season while he was away including our best display of the season against Chelsea in the league......before beating them to win our only trophy of the season (also without him).

What some don’t seem to be able to comprehend is the difference between “form” and ability

Mo this season was the first time he was out injured for any significant period - missed about 6 weeks

Since then both him and other have struggled for form

But to dismiss him so quickly based on the end of this season is standard hyperbole overreaction

He still ended up our top goalscorer and most assists

Who else stepped up in the team ?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #6548: May 21, 2024 12:15:04 pm
      His influence has waned over the last year or so, it happens, could be age....could be fed up with how he's been asked/told to play....could be bored and fancies a change....most likely a combination of factors. All players (in any sport) decline, and Salah is into the start of that decline. Can a new manager get more from him? possibly, but Mo in his prime has gone, and apart from the odd glimpse now and again, it isn't coming back.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,716 posts | 7164 
      Reply #6549: May 21, 2024 01:17:53 pm
      His prime was off the charts it's almost unfair to judge him against when he was in the top 3 strikers in the world.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #6550: May 21, 2024 02:10:22 pm
      His prime was off the charts it's almost unfair to judge him against when he was in the top 3 strikers in the world.
      As you say "...was"
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #6551: May 21, 2024 02:24:54 pm
      His influence has waned over the last year or so, it happens, could be age....could be fed up with how he's been asked/told to play....could be bored and fancies a change....most likely a combination of factors. All players (in any sport) decline, and Salah is into the start of that decline. Can a new manager get more from him? possibly, but Mo in his prime has gone, and apart from the odd glimpse now and again, it isn't coming back.

Amazing how he still managed to be one of top scorers in the league this year

Far too many are unable to see past a poor run of form - he was your standard mo until Xmas

He was at 20 goals and 13 assists across all comps - no one in the prem was near him 
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #6552: May 21, 2024 02:27:28 pm

And the problem lies in that he is getting paid as if he currently “is” in his prime.

13 goals from open play at 350K a week (2x Nunez who was 2gls and 2asst behind) is not a strong enough return.

Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,477 posts | 823 
      Reply #6553: May 21, 2024 02:39:18 pm
      Amazing how he still managed to be one of top scorers in the league this year

Far too many are unable to see past a poor run of form - he was your standard mo until Xmas

He was at 20 goals and 13 assists across all comps - no one in the prem was near him
      His lowest tally of league goals since he arrived indicates a decline....I'm not saying he's garbage, I'm saying we are witnessing him going into decline...as all players do. It's an opinion, you have a different one......

Quick Question: How long should we accept this "poor run of form"?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #6554: May 21, 2024 02:49:52 pm
      He'll see out the last year of his contract, make no attempt to sign a new one and leave for a big signing on fee somewhere.  We'll get nothing.  That's how it works.

So I doubt we are going to see a particularly reinvigorated forward next season.

Quick Reply