Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 566305 times
      DanMann, CT_LFC, clint_call01, RC9 and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #6325: Today at 04:05:21 pm

I'm not sure what Klopp said to him, but he should have refrained from reacting altogether. If he wanted to discuss it with the manager, he should have waited until after the game, in the privacy of the changing room.

And that’s it in a nutshell, no one knows and probably never will know what was said. We all like to second guess whether it’s a positive or negative outcome. Social media’s will be all over it like a rash. Klopp will understandably say it was nothing because the man just oozes class. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #6326: Today at 04:07:05 pm
      Pussies out of challenges.
      Jogs back and doesn't bother helping out defensively.
      Gets pocketed by the likes of Luke Shaw and Ashley Young.
      & as it turns out, mouths off to the manager on camera probably because he feels entitled to start every game, well you F***ing don't.

F**k off.

Can only think you haven’t been a fan of the club for that long

He is the clubs top goalscorer for the last 6 years , we have been challenging for the biggest trophies because of the level of goals and yet you call him a wimp because he loses form

Embarrassing
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 487 
      Reply #6327: Today at 04:27:58 pm
      I really dont get the argument of money here, just have a look at who is top assistor, and top scorer in past 6,7 years, and even this year. If he ain't supposed to get paid then F**k knows who is. Bad form can hit anyone.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #6328: Today at 04:33:02 pm
      I really dont get the argument of money here, just have a look at who is top assistor, and top scorer in past 6,7 years, and even this year. If he ain't supposed to get paid then F**k knows who is. Bad form can hit anyone.
      From my stand point, I'm not talking about his past or present goals/assists, I'm just shocked at his attitude, I know it's a high pressure game, but you're the highest earner in the squad, have some professionalism, especially when you know the manager, who is one of the greatest this club has seen, is under a lot of stress and in his last days here and the rest of the squad are going through the same thing... it doesn't matter if you're a 16 year old or a prime Salah, you don't do that, no excuses.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6329: Today at 04:40:18 pm
      Remember the argument Jürgen had with James Milner, also at West ham.  Much ado about nothing
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,540 posts | 1089 
      Reply #6330: Today at 05:15:13 pm
      This is a difficult one. For me, salah has obviously spent 79 minutes fuming on the bench. He should have come on, took that aggression and frustration out on west ham and said his piece later behind closed doors ... but do your talking on the pitch first.

He didnt look in the right frame of mind to come on and win us the game. He wasnt focused. His head had gone. Klopp should probably have sat him down.

2 years of having to carry nunez and diaz and do the work of 3 wont have helped either. When Jota plays salah looks a different animal. Without Jota we literally have curly larry and Mo up there.

My overriding feeling on it is just sadness. Mo and Jürgen have been pretty close down the years. 2 legends. And i hope they can get past it. Sad watching that today.

CT_LFC

• 6,809 posts | 1402 
      Reply #6331: Today at 05:30:09 pm
      Still haven't seen it but seems maybe some of you guys blowing this out of all proportion.

Salah has a hissy fit being left on the bench and mouths off to the manager.

The manager and possibly the player won't be here next season. Move on.

I missed the game but looked at the clip on Youtube and it’s not a good look.

Obviously don’t know what was said but after an exchange of words Jürgen steps back and Salah continues mouthing off and starts walking towards Jürgen, with Nunez stepping in front of him to stop him. Very poor from Salah and embarrassing situation all around.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6945 
      Reply #6332: Today at 05:33:21 pm
      Wonderful servant for the club. But time's probably up.

Use the money wisely.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1089 
      Reply #6333: Today at 05:47:18 pm

Use the money wisely.

I see where you are coming from but not for me. Id like to see Mo stay next season. Nunez' and Diaz' time is up and one or 2 others. Theyre never ever going to produce. Get the money while we can and invest.

Salah is still comfortably our best attacker with Jota. They need better players around them.

Ive said it for alongtime .... if Mo dries up we are in trouble. And so its proved. Doesnt help we have one of the worst defences in the league as well. If we didnt have 60/70% posession every week wed ship even more goals.

That said, if Mo wants to go he leaves one of the greatest ever to play for our club.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,997 posts | 3424 
      Reply #6334: Today at 05:50:09 pm

Use the money wisely.

If Saudi were to offer £100mil then it’s an offer that would be a accepted

The only way he is staying is if he signs a new contract
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #6335: Today at 05:56:12 pm
      https://x.com/j_castelobranco/status/1784227385115607164?s=46&t=_4uI6CiVRqge8WqM7F37Iw

Maybe watch it and see the context - he is clearly winding them up as you can see with him smiling

Basically saying to journos you will make any headlines from this to blow it out of proportion

Sarcastic way of saying "no comment" is all.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,255 posts | 2821 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6336: Today at 05:59:42 pm
      We dont know what was said and maybr never will but fot me,in any circumstance hes bang outof order today.

If he was unhappy at not starting the fire in the belly should have come out on the pitch not the sideline

If hes angry at himself for his form he shows it on the pitch not the sideline

He was well out of order. And I suspect the fact that Darwin came between them and Joe moved in at the same moment, and Joes face, that whatever Mo was saying at that point was beyond acceptable
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,534 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6337: Today at 06:03:33 pm
      You tell him mo. 😅😅😅
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #6338: Today at 07:20:58 pm
      My guess is he will end up in sandland,but with his current form,suprised at his reaction tbh,should have been focused on getting on the pitch,and trying to make a difference.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,381 posts | 2823 
      Reply #6339: Today at 08:52:24 pm
      Said it in the match thread, he made himself look a bit of a tit out there. Says it all when Darwin bloody Nunez is telling Mo to zip it. Made worse by the manager killing the story in his interview only for Mo to make that stupid fire comment.

Do agree with those saying his exit feels inevitable. I can't see a situation where the new Edwards led set up offer him a new deal nor can I see us turning down a 70m+ bid this summer.
      « Last Edit: Today at 09:20:12 pm by chats »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #6340: Today at 09:03:24 pm
      Said it in the match thread, he made himself look a bit of a tit out there. Says it all when Darwin bloody Nunez is telling Mo to zip it. Made worse by the manager killing the story in his interview only for Mo to look that stupid fire comment.

Two winners who aren’t happy with how the season has panned out am glad losing puts them in a c**t of a mood as it does the same to all of us
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,695 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #6341: Today at 09:06:00 pm
      Apart from the goals, Mo was below par this season. He's a legend but his time is up.

We need to investigate the Saudis money wisely.
      Don77

• 6,540 posts | 1089 
      Reply #6342: Today at 09:27:57 pm
      Apart from the goals, Mo was below par this season. He's a legend but his time is up.

We need to investigate the Saudis money wisely.

Well if Mo's time is up lets get rid of nunez and diaz then because neither are anywhere near salah's current level. Both have been nowhere near good enough or gotten near Mo's 'below par' season. And never will.

If you want to compete with City and Arsenal next season id rather keep Mo and get the money in for the other 2. Mo ... with it possibly being his last season next time is capable of putting in one more quality season. The other 2 ... you know what youre getting from them. Nothing productive. So why keep them. Of the 3 id keep Mo all day.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #6343: Today at 09:48:45 pm
      Well if Mo's time is up lets get rid of nunez and diaz then because neither are anywhere near salah's current level. Both have been nowhere near good enough or gotten near Mo's 'below par' season. And never will.

If you want to compete with City and Arsenal next season id rather keep Mo and get the money in for the other 2. Mo ... with it possibly being his last season next time is capable of putting in one more quality season. The other 2 ... you know what youre getting from them. Nothing productive. So why keep them. Of the 3 id keep Mo all day.

Diaz overall play is definitely better than Salah's this season.

Mo is playing like he's already made his mind up that he's leaving. At least Luis has fight in him every game.

Quick Reply