Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

News Stories (July 2017)

Read 649 times
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      News Stories (July 2017)
      Jul 01, 2017 12:40:37 am

Doctor goes on shooting rampage at New York City hospital

http://news.sky.com/story/multiple-people-shot-in-new-york-hospital-10932979
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,696 posts | 4728 
      Re: News Stories (July 2017)
      Reply #1: Jul 04, 2017 08:23:55 am
      North Korea hails 'successful ICBM' test
      North Korea says it has successfully tested a long-range "intercontinental" missile.

It is the first time North Korea has claimed to have successfully tested an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), which could potentially have the range to reach the US mainland.

Earlier the US said a missile landed in the Sea of Japan but that it did not pose a threat to North America.

North Korea has increased the frequency of its missile tests, raising tensions.

An announcement on North Korea state television said it had launched a Hwasong-14 missile, overseen by their leader Kim Jong-un.

It said the projectile reached an altitude of 2,802km (1,731 miles) and flew 933km before hitting a target in the sea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-40491138

Does anyone know if they sell Iodine tablets in Boots?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,751 posts | 3302 
      Reply #2: Jul 04, 2017 09:40:32 am
      North Korea says it has successfully tested a long-range "intercontinental" missile.

It is the first time North Korea has claimed to have successfully tested an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), which could potentially have the range to reach the US mainland.

Earlier the US said a missile landed in the Sea of Japan but that it did not pose a threat to North America.

An announcement on North Korea state television said it had launched a Hwasong-14 missile, overseen by their leader Kim Jong-un.

It said the projectile reached an altitude of 2,802km (1,731 miles) and flew 933km before hitting a target in the sea.

The US say a missile landed in the Sea of Japan and posed no threat to N. America.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,847 posts | 2278 
      Reply #3: Jul 04, 2017 11:16:09 am

The second North Korea develop the capability to accurately fire an ICBM at USA they will be wiped out, now whether or not that triggers a larger war is debatable and I certainly hope not but we are living in very scary times.
      From my pov this mess needs cleaning up by China and fast
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #4: Jul 04, 2017 11:37:32 am
      The second North Korea develop the capability to accurately fire an ICBM at USA they will be wiped out, now whether or not that triggers a larger war is debatable and I certainly hope not but we are living in very scary times.
      From my pov this mess needs cleaning up by China and fast

Hold on, I thought the USA had the capability to takeout a ICBM in the air with cruise missiles or any of their navy fleet stationed close by?.

Are North Korea a member of the NPT?.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,751 posts | 3302 
      Reply #5: Jul 04, 2017 11:57:59 am
      Hold on, I thought the USA had the capability to takeout a ICBM in the air with cruise missiles or any of their navy fleet stationed close by?.

They do have the capability of taking out an ICBM as do a good many of the allies, including Israel who have used that defensive tactic successfully.

It appears N.Korea make their own rules.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,847 posts | 2278 
      Reply #6: Jul 04, 2017 02:17:16 pm

They may have the capability but they still won't accept a North Korea with ICBM's and South Korea and Japan certainly won't. I really don't understand what the gameplan is for North Korea, if they just opened up a bit to the world they could have such wealth and prosperity.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #7: Jul 04, 2017 02:36:33 pm
      Oh maaan... Who needs nukes? Can't they just have Kim jong un and Trump fight it out  over drunk boxing? I am sure CNN will televise it.
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,073 posts | 386 
      Reply #8: Jul 04, 2017 02:38:11 pm
      They may have the capability but they still won't accept a North Korea with ICBM's and South Korea and Japan certainly won't. I really don't understand what the gameplan is for North Korea, if they just opened up a bit to the world they could have such wealth and prosperity.

The leader has more than plenty wealth and prosperity, in his thinking why bother opening up to the world, what's his incentive, I feel somewhere down the line there will be an attempt to topple him one way or another.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,751 posts | 3302 
      Reply #9: Jul 04, 2017 02:46:46 pm
      Oh maaan... Who needs nukes? Can't they just have Kim jong un and Trump fight it out  over drunk boxing? I am sure CNN will televise it.

Got a preview -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTOQUnvI3CA
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #10: Jul 05, 2017 10:08:32 am
      Gives more credibility to the interview by General Wesley Clark.The USA will destabilise & destroy seven countries.

Pre planned once again with the North playing pantomime villain this time around.

Those 7 countries in 5 years are:

Iraq.
      Iran.
      Lebanon.
      Syria.
      Sudan.
      Somalia.
      Libya.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2017 10:12:50 am by Shabs »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,751 posts | 3302 
      Reply #11: Jul 06, 2017 12:42:20 pm
      Gives more credibility to the interview by General Wesley Clark.The USA will destabilise & destroy seven countries.

Pre planned once again with the North playing pantomime villain this time around.

Those 7 countries in 5 years are:

Iraq.
      Iran.
      Lebanon.
      Syria.
      Sudan.
      Somalia.
      Libya.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw

Could you envisage any of those states also having a predisposition  for confrontation?
      Given that there are Muslim extremists present in most of them who are sworn to destroy the west?
      « Last Edit: Jul 06, 2017 12:59:57 pm by stuey »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #12: Jul 06, 2017 01:47:59 pm
      People slag off Trump but who is it that stands up and speaks out against these threats to the West? Drumroll ....... PRESIIIDEEENT TRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #13: Jul 06, 2017 04:31:03 pm
      People slag off Trump but who is it that stands up and speaks out against these threats to the West? Drumroll ....... PRESIIIDEEENT TRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!

What threats?.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,202 posts | 330 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #14: Jul 06, 2017 04:41:55 pm

Because they are not a typical Communist regime. I dont know if you could even call them "Communist" by definition.  Its more of a Personality Cult with a religious tone. The Kim dynasty is religion. The Kims are Leader, Pope, King and Divine Being all in one. When the regime ends, It will take 3 or 4 generations before N.Korea is a member of this world both physically and mentally. The unreal sh*t, N.Koreans believe is amazing. Here are some things that the people of NK believe to be true.

-While excavating an area in Pyongyang next to the Kim residence, North Korean scientists found an ancient UNICORN LAIR!!!! They realized what it was when they found a sign buried by the entrance that said "Unicorn Lair".....F**kin' UNICORNS. I swear i did not make that up. Is NK made up of 7 yr old girls? UNICORNS? Holy Sh*t.

-The US started the Korean war, the US lost and China did not help the North...  All false.

- Kim Jong Il was the greatest Golfer ever. He wasnt allowed to play in the PGA because he was too good. He only played golf once and shot a 38 under par on a PGA course. Getting 11 Hole in Ones... I dont even know where to begin but obviously bullshit.

-The Kims were born under a rainbow and all the Doves in Korea took flight to bring them to Earth and a new star appeared in space....Uh, what?

-He is the most beloved musician and composer on Earth and has more #1 hits than the Beatles or any other artist...

-Kim Jong Il was walking at 3 weeks old and could talk, read and write at 8 weeks. He wrote 1500 books in 3 years and the whole world considers him the greatest author ever and his books are all #1 sellers....just f**k off, Kim.

This is my absolute favorite. No wonder hes a fat, little toad.

-He doesnt Sh*t...The Kims have never had to sh*t or use a toilet... North Koreans really cant be that f***in' stupid?

I didnt even get into Kim Jong Uns ability to "Steal TIME". Yup, he stole time. Kim Jong Un has a f***in' TARDIS. F**kin' hell.

He just ordered all the official government clocks to be put back 30 min. Then claimed he stole the time from the Japanese. GENIUS!

That is the mentality of the People of NK. They have lived with nonstop, 24/7 propaganda and gospel of the Kim il Sung dynasty. Its like the Kardashians except Kim doesnt feed her family to starving dogs. Although, I haven't seen that fat brother lately so who knows.

« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2017 04:59:17 pm by YANK_LFC_FAN »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15: Jul 06, 2017 05:14:24 pm

YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,202 posts | 330 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #16: Jul 06, 2017 09:27:07 pm

Trump?  So far the only threats he's spoken out against are the threats against him personally. His political agenda has consisted of twitter tirades, name calling and cyber bullying like a 14yr old girl.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,784 posts | 974 
      Reply #17: Jul 07, 2017 12:06:51 am
      Could you envisage any of those states also having a predisposition  for confrontation?
      Given that there are Muslim extremists present in most of them who are sworn to destroy the west?

Irony of questioning the predisposition for confrontation of those states against the state that has consistently invaded without factual cause, with the evidence provided as well.

Plenty of extremists in westernised countries. They just join "legitimate" armies that feed the extremism. Or the church.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,751 posts | 3302 
      Reply #18: Jul 07, 2017 01:45:37 am
      Irony of questioning the predisposition for confrontation of those states against the state that has consistently invaded without factual cause, with the evidence provided as well.

Plenty of extremists in westernised countries. They just join "legitimate" armies that feed the extremism. Or the church.

Where the he'll have you been for the most part of this century??
      Islamic extremists from the state's indicated have sworn to destroy contemporary, developed communities and states, including Oz.
      Does that not ring any alarm bells David?

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,784 posts | 974 
      Reply #19: Jul 07, 2017 08:05:06 am
      Where the he'll have you been for the most part of this century??
      Islamic extremists from the state's indicated have sworn to destroy contemporary, developed communities and states, including Oz.
      Does that not ring any alarm bells David?

Sure, alarm bells ring. Did I deny at any point the existence of said extremists? I merely pointed out the added existence of extremists and culture destroying states with preposition for destruction existing within the "western" realm as well. Too often we rally to denounce states with a lower socio-economic status and wonder why, why oh why are they not like us? Put yourself in the shoes of a simple family living in one of these nations that has spent much of the last century being bombed by the United States etc all, threatened by US etc all Soldiers, hated by much of the US and other westernised nations. God knows how many people I've met that have just said "F**kin nuke the whole lot of em!" with little or no regard for the innocent lives there - would you want to be like us? Man, some of these people don't even recognise "nationhood" in the way we do. They have their parcel of land, in their area, and they're happy. Happy until someone else's war falls in their lap and they suffer the most direct consequence of it.

Tell me, why should my alarm bells ring only for those extremists, and not for our way of dealing with them? ISIS is a direct consequence of an absolute shambles of an invasion of the middle east by the US and her allies, including Oz.

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of war...  :gunhappyyank:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,751 posts | 3302 
      Reply #20: Jul 07, 2017 11:54:22 am
      Sure, alarm bells ring. Did I deny at any point the existence of said extremists? I merely pointed out the added existence of extremists and culture destroying states with preposition for destruction existing within the "western" realm as well. Too often we rally to denounce states with a lower socio-economic status and wonder why, why oh why are they not like us? Put yourself in the shoes of a simple family living in one of these nations that has spent much of the last century being bombed by the United States etc all, threatened by US etc all Soldiers, hated by much of the US and other westernised nations. God knows how many people I've met that have just said "F**kin nuke the whole lot of em!" with little or no regard for the innocent lives there - would you want to be like us? Man, some of these people don't even recognise "nationhood" in the way we do. They have their parcel of land, in their area, and they're happy. Happy until someone else's war falls in their lap and they suffer the most direct consequence of it.

Tell me, why should my alarm bells ring only for those extremists, and not for our way of dealing with them? ISIS is a direct consequence of an absolute shambles of an invasion of the middle east by the US and her allies, including Oz.

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of war...  :gunhappyyank:

The incursion into the middle east by the allies was to depose Gadaffi, it was well known that getting rid of the dictator would unleash forces previously suppressed under that regime, in the campaign to oust the monster confirmed foes had one objective.
       Not forgetting of course united extremist armies who previously were sworn enemies, were waging war against the Russians in Afghanistan

The multitude of terrorist factions were armed to fight the hated foes mentioned alongside allied forces, when considered proficient enough the mass of allied military was withdrawn and the armed militias given the job of winding down the confrontation.

When the unison of convenience was redundant horrifically the fear about disunity in the Muslim world turned to reality and mass genocide ensued as Muslim killed Muslim and anyone else the extremists considered 'unbelievers', the different factions including so called Islamic State then turned the weapons supplied on the supplier. 

Unfortunately for a plethora of convenient reasons the US 'plundering' of the Middle East is held up as the root of the total madness inflicted globally on the innocent by brainwashed extremists.
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2017 05:30:09 pm by stuey »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #21: Jul 07, 2017 10:40:50 pm
      Trump?  So far the only threats he's spoken out against are the threats against him personally. His political agenda has consisted of twitter tirades, name calling and cyber bullying like a 14yr old girl.
      Pretty sure he condemned all the heinous terror. People were mad because he tried vetting immigration, but what has our government in UK actually done since May said we were going to get tough on it? Why slag off Trump then vote for May?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,696 posts | 4728 
      Reply #22: Jul 07, 2017 10:43:05 pm
      Only caught a bit of it online, and not on the news, but I was reading that for the Grenfell Fire they didn't send a larger aerial fire appliance for 30 minutes or something and that a few hours later London Fire Brigade had to get one of the even taller rigs from Surrey because London Fire Brigade didn't have one?

Just find it bizarre that of all the fire brigades in the country that London don't have the gear to fight fires in skyscrapers because that's were more of them are isn't it!

Not making any political point just struck me as very strange that they seem so ill-equipped for the area they are protecting.  I would have expected them to have all sorts of fancy sh*t protecting London.

The report on the BBC also said that they had to ring Thames Water to increase the water pressure which adds to the stories of people inside the flats who couldn't get any water out of their taps to put wet towels over their faces and come down.

They said if that larger appliance was there with the rest of them it would have put the fire out on the 4th floor.

Just all totally horrific.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #23: Jul 08, 2017 04:45:41 am
      A Muslim radio station broadcast lectures by an Al Qaeda terror leader calling for holy war.

Iman FM transmitted 25 hours of sermons from Anwar Al-Awlaki, a hate preacher killed by a US drone strike in 2011.

A complaint was made to Ofcom, which has suspended the Sheffield-based station's licence.

The watchdog said the material 'amounted to a direct call to action to members of the Muslim community to prepare for and carry out violent action against non-Muslim people'.

Bosses at Iman FM have 21 days to explain themselves or be closed down. They found the extremist lectures on YouTube and broadcast them during Ramadan.

Ofcom said Al-Awlaki, who was an American Muslim cleric of Yemeni descent, was an Al Qaeda leader, recruiter and trainer.

He is said to have inspired the Charlie Hebdo attack in Paris, an attempt to blow up an American airliner and the massacre of 13 people at Fort Hood in Texas.

The lectures were broadcast in English on June 14. In one, Al-Awlaki said: 'Prepare whatever strength you have for holy war in the cause of Allah. This is a form of worship.'

Under broadcasting rules hate speech must not be included in TV or radio programmes except where justified by context.

Iman FM claimed to be unaware of the preacher's background and said not all the material was checked before being aired.

The Ofcom ruling described this defence as 'not credible'.

Mohammad Mughal, the station's chief executive, said: 'This is very, very sad because none of us had any idea this lecture was preaching hatred.

'We are not just a Muslim radio station – we regularly feature Christian presenters.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4676424/Muslim-FM-radio-station-broadcast-25-hours-hate-speech.html

25 hours and it's claimed a mistake.  :lmao:

"not credible"
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,377 posts | 2162 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #24: Jul 10, 2017 06:20:07 pm
      Any chance of Michael hayes being prosecuted for his part in the Birmingham pub bombings, if you are prepared to prosecute british soldiers for their crimesvwhat about this c**t, or is too politically awkward

Quick Reply